“The staff make this place”

Dreams Beach Resort
Ranked #110 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 weeks and had such a lovely holiday. The room was lovely and cleaned every day, although I heard other couples had petals and towel art on their bed so I think it's luck of the draw with which cleaner you get.

The place in general needed a bit of updating, as in swimming pool tiles were discoloured and needed regrouting but nothing was broken or dirty. The water from taps is a bit brownish, but it has been like that in every resort I've been to in sharm. The staff really do make this place. All the bar staff knew our names and drinks within the first few days and when it was quiet even brought refill drinks over to our sunbeds without us asking when it wasn't too busy. The animation team are hilarious and great fun. They got me involved in so many games and activities that I wasn't keen on but ended up really enjoying and having a laugh!

Our only problem the whole trip was with other guests - there was a large group visiting from Russia who started on the booze around 7am every day and so were a bit rowdy and aggressive by the evening. There were also a large group who we were told were family members of the owner who we're eating in the pool, leaving mess everywhere and just generally treating the hotel like they owned it - yes I know they did, but it would have been nice if they had been more respectful of the guests as well rather than dropping rubbish in the pool right next to us.

Make sure you don't throw away the empty bottles from the free minibar water so that you can refill them at the bar, because you do have to pay for new resealed bottles of you want more than 2 a day, but fresh water is available everywhere as long as you have a container to put it in.

Overall I had a really great time and we will definitely be visiting again next year!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rachel E
DreamsResortsEgypt, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Ms. Rachel,

Thank you for choosing Dreams Beach for your holiday and for taking time to write the review about the place. We are happy to read that you are planning to return.

Looking forward to greet you again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel! After planning a nice relaxing break with my partner it resulted in a horrific experience taking place at The Dreams beach resort by one of their members of staff.

I left the pool where my partner was lay as I attended the toilet which is in quite an isolated area past the back of the pool, past the entertainment area and down some steps. As I got to the steps there was a man waiting at the bottom watching me go down the stairs. I thought this man was a cleaner as he was wearing a uniform with The Dreams Beach logo on and wearing white wellies. When I got to the bottom he walked in front of me to the women's toilets and opened the door, I thought he was checking the toilets were empty for no other male cleaners so I could enter. As soon as he realised they were empty he grabbed me, rubbed his hands all over my body touching my private areas and pushed me into the toilet. Luckily I managed to push him off me and ran. We discovered this man was not a cleaner and was restaurant staff and I am in the process of trying to prosecute. This was a very traumatising experience for a 21 year old woman, I feel stupid and naïve for believing he was a cleaner and checking the toilets were empty for the wrong reasons. I do not believe you are safe at The Dreams Beach, as this man was employed by the hotel and supposedly given full training before hand.

Besides this incident we found the hotels greeting appalling. We arrived at 12 midnight not greeted by anyone that spoke reasonable English, therefore having to find our on way around the complex. We did not receive a welcome meeting the next morning and just left to our own device.

On going we found the food at the main restaurant diabolical. The Brits are not well catered for, the place was over run by Russians and Germans that had no manners, did not know how to form an orderly queue, or act like civilised human beings. It was like feeding time at the zoo. The food was very limited and we are not fussy eaters but we often ate out of the complex even with being all-inclusive. The plates and cutlery were never to a satisfactory standard on cleanliness.

Moving on to the room, we found numerous cockroaches, pre-existing dead bugs on the floor that were not cleaned up with the supposedly daily clean which realistically just consisted of making the beds and emptying the bin. The water out of the tap and shower ran a distinctive yellow and had a repulsive smell at times not leaving you feeling clean. The water pressure coming from the shower was poor and at times barely even trickled.

Our perception of a holiday is to relax and have a break which is not possible being lay by the pool as you are persistently hounded by sales reps to participate in their excursions and beauty parlour which is constant throughout the day and repeated on a daily basis.

I hope this has been an eye opener for people intending to visit this complex. I would not wish for anyone else to go through the experience me and my partner went through, as holidays are supposed to be enjoyed and ours turned into the holiday from hell. I have not intentionally slated the hotel I've just genuinely stated what happened and how the hotel was perceived. It is definitely not a 5* rating and I was very disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
22  Thank Chloe B
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We visited dreams In September, the service was outstanding, for 3 hospitality managers we wre more than happy! Casper, I promised to refer you to others and I will, a true gentleman and honestly gave perfect recommendations for trips and even sun lotions. The entertainment team were really good and the day teams were awesome, try a massage if you need to relax!! The only downside was my partner caught a stomach bug (fixed on return easily). The pools are decent, the views are amazing! The restaurants are really goos (Italian by the pool not so good), but the day walkers and ent sellers are really good. Thanks dreams for a decent break!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank SirPot
DreamsResortsEgypt, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Dear SirPot,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for posting this review. We are happy that you enjoyed your holiday in Dreams Beach and very sorry that your partner was sick during the stay.

Sincerely hope that once you came back to Dreams Beach.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This my 3rd time at this place. Beautiful scenery, nice food, clean rooms. Every thing you need in one place. It's also so close to city center and to other entertaining places (El Mircato, Dolce Vita, Alf Leila we Leila and others).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George R

Dear George,

Thank you for staying in Dreams Beach 3 times and for writing a brief positive review about the place.

We are looking forward to greet you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Came out on the 10th, 4 lads for a chillout holiday and that is exactly what it was.

All the hotel staff were friendly and love to converse with us, even calling us by our nicknames back here in the UK once there got to know us or by names they thought we looked like.

The restaurants were fantastic highly recommend the Mexican an grill house if you can get booked it, but the main restaurant is just as good with a vast choice of foods every night, freshly cooked pasta for lunch an tea and freshly cooked eggs at breakfast.

The rooms we had were a a big family room with a joining door in the middle of the complex so we could us both end of the hotel although we mainly used the dreams beach pool an beach access. The rooms were basic but you only sleep in them, yes there was yellow water but this disappears after running the taps for 5seconds. Peak time for using the showers 6pm the water pressure would drop an sometime run out but wait till 730 an the water is fine.

Pools an hotels were maintained daily an you could see the workers doing work throughout the day and night.

The animation team around the pool were good although we only joined in the activites on the first day but we were out there to chill.. The water polo was over run with Russians at time but still managed a few good games. And each night they would take guests out of the hotel to a different nightclub around sharm... Little budha is a good night would recommend this.
The hotel has it's own nightclub which is quiet good although the bar shuts at half 1 but the lobby bar is 24 hours.

The hotel over all was a fab hotel would be nice to see a few more English there as it was mainly Russians.

Bottles of water cost but well worth it to avoids any dodgy stomachs

Definatley thinking of coming back either next year or year after funds depending.

Mikey, Steve, Aaron and Darren

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank MikeyA1989
DreamsResortsEgypt, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mikey, Steve, Aaron and Darren,

let us thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and for taking time to share your comments here. We are so happy that you liked the place and planning to come back.

Hope to greet you again in Dreams Beach Resort.

With the kind regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

After a fantastic family holiday at Dreams Mexico last year we were really keen to try Dreams Egypt. What an horrific shock we were in for!

We endured the place for 3 days, and after 2 days of our children pleading to go home finally said enough is enough and moved to a far better hotel (Coral Sea Waterworld). These two hotels are supposedly the same rating but I guarantee anyone comparing the two would agree Coral Sea is in a far different league!

I will be contacting Dreams in due course to understand how they dare justify using their name, but to all those claiming how great the place is I ask you this: if the place is so good why have First Choice and Thomson have dropped this resort this year due to the poor standard??

I'll list out some issues, in case this helps anyone:
> bathroom was horrific, with both tap and shower spewing yellow water. My 9 year old refused to shower because of the colour & odour of the water. The shower was little more than a dribble and at peak times (around 6pm) stopped altogether.
> air conditioning in room didn't work, despite attempts to fix
> toilet took 15 minutes to fill up between flushes - great when it doesn't flush properly :(
> had to pay for water!?!
> constant smell of sewerage between main building and bedrooms
> hygiene levels in restaurants were exceptionally poor, with stainless steel surfaces looking like they'd never seen a cloth or disinfectant
> the pool bar in particular was filthy, so we avoided that one completely.
> the breakfast food was beyond strange! and just looked like the previous nights leftovers.
> the fruit looked old and tired, and the grapes were actually mouldy.
> toilets in reception were so horrific it made me physically sick. Often no soap.
> the bar and food staff seemed to be resentful of serving anything. Pool cups were often around a quarter of a pint for serving pop / beer, and the guy serving chicken wings refused to serve more than 2.
> the spirits were vile, and could only be compared to meths.
> the guy serving eggs and omelettes was rude, and couldn't care less what he served up

I've got some photographic evidence of the state of the place, and would be happy to share with anyone wanting a copy.

To be fair, the entertainment team were good, and weirdly, the same staff who were pretty bad during the day seemed to try hard at night.

It's a real shame because it looks like it was once a decent place. It well past it's best though and feels like it's struggling to keep afloat.

If you're reading this then please do yourself a favour and look at other places such as Coral Sea.
I'll never consider a "Dreams" resort again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Nigel K
DreamsResortsEgypt, Guest Relations Manager at Dreams Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Mr. Nigel,

let us thank you for choosing Dreams Beach resort and for taking time to share your feedback about the place. We are very sorry that the hotel didn't meet your expectations. We would like to assure you that all the comments will be analyzed by the hotel management and we will keep working on the weak points of the hotel that you mentioned in the review. We are happy that at least you liked our animation team.

Guest Relations Officer

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I wasn't classed as single woman, I was "alone " found that all the staff were very protective of me, treated me very well.
The week I was there, there were 2 other "alone" women, 1 was unaproachable not friendly never smiled, the other lady was russian, we communicated sign language sat at same table breakfast time. Russian lady was treated well, but not as well as I. The other lady didn't want to know so was only helped or spoken to occasionally.
I had laugh and joke with majority of staff, got on great.
toilets could do with bleaching now and again, only fault I found.
I found a little shelf just above the love boat, totally on my own, for sunbathing in shade, 8 covers shades, 6 beds you do have to manoeuvre your bed to keep in shade so not to burn. But lovely breeze as well. Misconception that all from England are millionaire s. Lol.

Room Tip: I had corner room looked onto pool, then sea behind. Front door faced tennis court, shops and cliffs...