“Fantastic holiday! Thank You!”

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Ranked #52 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday! Thank You!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Waterfalls at the end of March for ten days and it was not my first visit to this hotel. Suffice to say it will not be my last.

Although I enjoyed my last stay, this time around was much better, the hospitality was amazing, the food had improved a lot and I found that the weather at the beginning of the year was far more bearable than in September last year when the temperatures went up to 45 C.
Upon arrival at reception we were given a room in the main body of the hotel just by the restaurant which I loved, it was conveniently located to all the restaurants, the Chillax pool and the bar. I would definitely recommend trying to get a room there and the receptionists are always very accommodating and willing to help. The room was spacious, clean and there were fresh towels (arranged in great animal shapes) and clean sheets that were replaced daily although we didn't end up spending much time in the room with so much to do in the complex. As it was my mother's birthday I would like to take this opportunity to thank the food and beverage team and Mr Ibrahim in particular for arranging the room decoration, a cake delivered to us, it was really special and made her day.
In regards to the actual complex- the pools are lovely, the staff by the Chillax pool were fantastic, could not do enough to ensure we were looked after and when I mentioned that there were not enough cocktails on the menu the Management assistant instructed all bars to make us free mojitos for our entire stay and dealt with my remark swiftly, making us feel really well looked after.
The restaurants at the hotel are also great, I particularly enjoyed the Reef and Shish Bish, the atmosphere was great and the food was fresh and tasty. Although I gave the Italian restaurant Verdi a negative comment last time I did give it another try and it was much better this time around, but I am just not one to have Italian food when there are local delicacies to be tried. On most nights we ate at the main restaurant, there was always a vegetarian and pescaterian option as I do not like meat as well as a variety of grills and roasts for the meat lovers. I found the food to have a good variation and always came away satisfied with the food and service at dinner, I hardly ever had lunch there as I was diving during the day.
From the extras that are available at the hotel I would recommend the Earth/Fire/Water menu and if you opt for that make sure you request a table by the Chillax pool. We had that for my mother's birthday and it was really special, the food was great, the decorations were amazing and the staff as always-superb!
I think that extra something which makes this hotel is the people who work there, they cannot do enough and are always willing to help. Special thanks to Ibrahim, Ahmed Taha, Rami, Hosny,the hostess at the restaurant who always went the extra mile, all of the chefs who had to deal with my pickiness, the room attendants, everyone was lovely. We happened to be there on 'Earth Day' when we change time an hour ahead and the staff pulled off a lovely party by the pools, everything was candle light and the grills, sushi, cake, salads and entertainment were really great.

All in all I would really recommend this place. I am a diver so I have been to Sharm before and stayed at different places, some were more luxurious and some were smaller and more intimate but this is the ultimate place to have a relaxing holiday, feel looked after and I will go back when I next go diving.

Room Tip: Check out the house reef and try and book a room in the main body of the hotel or by the pools.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NiyaVatkova
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I would like personally reply and thank you for taking the time to share your impression about our hotel. It is only through your valuable comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for you our valued guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and share the good feelings you have experienced.

I was delighted to read your comments in which you praise the efficiency of teamwork and an excellent hospitality of hotel’s staff. Such encouraging comments are very rewarding for our people.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and for allowing Hilton team members to show their best with regards to your service and thanks for your kind appreciation.

Anastasia Antokhina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Hertfordshire, UK
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just back from another great stay at The Hilton Waterfalls.
This was my 4th time over the years at this hotel and I'm pleased to say it was as good as ever.
The reason I choose to go here is because its so easy, and surely that's what you want from a holiday?
Once I've booked , I always contact the hotel directly with any additional requests such as room preference, treatments I'd like to book at the spa, and this time we had a complimentary pick up from the airport to the hotel which was super!
Check in was very efficient and our room (1220) was overlooking the main pools and the beach.
There seemed to be alot of mosquitoes on this visit, possibly as its earlier in the season and we'd had some rainfall , so do take plenty of repellent ( not that it deters them much)
Plenty of choice at the AI buffet, although towards the end of the week it was a little samey, still not a real problem. The italian restaurant is lovely and you can go thought once included in your AI , Paradise Reef and Shish Bish also very good.
The hotel were starting to offer free Wifi in the hotel lobby area on the day we left, however we did hear from other guests there did seem to be a few problems with it being available.
This didn't affect us as we had a mifi rental from Smile Sharm ( see separate review).

Had a great pedicure and lovely massage at the spa!

Will be back again at some point I'm sure.

Room Tip: Room 1220 , pool view/seaview - deluxe king.
1 Thank PJ2010
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear PJ2010,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort for your recent holiday and for your kind feedback. Such positive comments are very rewarding for us especially, when they come from our very special loyal guests.

We very much enjoyed reading you review where you highly praised be our facilities and services along with the excellent hospitality provided by our attentive employees and team members leaders.

Appreciate you mentioning our Paradise Reef and Verdi Bistro la carte restaurants, where we provide the best examples of Italian and traditional Arabic food along with the atmosphere of fine dinning - both restaurants is an experience not to be missed.

We all look forward for your 5th stay at our lovey resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your holiday.

Best Wishes
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My boyfriend and I were moved from the Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort to the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, as the Renaissance was very poor. We were very pleased with our stay at the Hilton and really enjoyed our holiday.

We did have a problem with the currency converting machine at the entrance of the hotel. We put £160 into the machine and it ate up the money. Jamal at reception was so helpful and managed to get the money back for us before the end of our holiday. I would avoid using the machine as it sounded as if it is something that happens regularly and did take some time to sort out!

Our room was always nicely cleaned and well air conditioned. The buffet restaurant was as expected, having been to many all inclusive hotels before. We were not very impressed with the Italian a la carte restaurant. It seemed that they were only interested in people paying for their food and drink. The service for the all inclusive guests could have been improved and the food wasn't great. But, it was still nice to have a break from eating in the buffet.

We found that tipping the bar staff in the hotel, really did improve our service. We really enjoyed the Paradise Reef restaurant for lunch pretty much everyday. But, by the end of the week the waiters were pretty much fighting over who was serving us as they knew they would get a tip. Our drinks were never empty and they did give us a fantastic service. We also had a lovely evening meal in the Paradise Reef restaurant. The bar inside by the Chillax pool was also lovely in the evenings and the staff were very attentive.

The beach and pools were nice. On a couple of days it was hard to find sun loungers. We found that a lot of people put their towels out first thing, but were not to be seen all day long. We also had one of our towels stolen from a sun lounger whilst we had a drink at the pool bar one afternoon, but luckily we were just given a new one and not charged when we explained what had happened.

From what we saw of the entertainment, it was quite poor. But, this isn't something we really went on holiday for anyway.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a nice relaxing quiet break in the sun.

1 Thank Nikki H
SharmWaterfalls, Guest relations Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Many greetings form Hilton Waterfalls resort.

I would like to reply to your comments on this website and thank you for sharing your positive feedback about the hospitality of our team members. I was happy to know that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service our guests would expect from Hilton Hotels and we do appreciate a lot your kind recognition.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to sunny Sharm El Sheikh and to Hilton Waterfalls in a very near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Anastasia Antokhina
Merstham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Just got back from 9 days here and If you are looking for an all inclusive on the beach with great service and standards then this is a great choice. There was a good variety of food, pools, activities and bars. The rooms are of a decent standard and I would recommend the 'chillax' pool where you can swim up to the bar or get sprayed with cool water or given ice towels when it gets too hot. Staff are extremely friendly and so helpful which was great. Special mention for Imir on the front desk who really looked after us -thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Caroline H

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experience on tripadvisor.com. Its gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to deliver an impeccable holiday experience as this is what we are here for and this is what we love doing.

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to the resort's service and facilities. Our target is to satisfy our all guests’ needs and to exceed guests’ expectations whenever possible. Indeed, it was a great pleasure to know that our teams in all the departments have managed to create a truly nice holiday experience for you.

We all look forward to welcome you at Hilton Waterfalls Resort as a repeater guests, please let us know if there is anything we can arrange for you or help with even before you travel again in the future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 6 May 2014

was a great hotel and great animation team , they really made our vacation ,
so my advice for all guests that will visit this hotel '' search for jana '' because she was my source of happiness

And for irina she is a big story too , full of energy and active girl so friendly treatment , so we all felt that she is our friend a long time ago

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
SharmWaterfalls, Chief Animation at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Mostafa Z,

I would like to thank you for your very positive comments on your recent stay in our resort.

It’s really nice for our team members to get a mention in these reviews and they are always As a chief animator, I was very happy to know that my team had managed to contribute to your holiday and to create some nice memories. I will pass your comments to my entire team and praise them for the great work they do. happy when they read them. Such recognition makes all the hard work worthwhile.

We will be waiting for your next visit to our lovely resort.

Kind regards,
Ramy Farrag
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Spent 8 nights here in March and had a very enjoyable holiday. Staff were brilliant, it really is worth giving small, regular tips and you will be rewarded with very attentive service in all bars and restaurants.
We upgraded to a sea view room which was well worth the little extra payment on arrival.
Main swimming pools were cold however there is a little know heated pool near the gym which was a welcome find seeing that the heat even in mid march was unbearable at times.
The only thing I feel could be improved would be the evening entertainment which was sparse, even though the animation team did their best. Also, the constant interruptions of staff trying to sell spa services around the pools became annoying after a while.
Hotels in Sharm can be hit or miss, this one though is certainly a hit and if we come back to this destination again we shall certainly be staying here.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra to get a sea view, not only do you get a fabulous view but the room size is ver...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jon H
Dear Jon H,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a great a week holiday in sharm waterfall resort - very friendly & overwhelming staff, good food, loads of entertaining activities to do, breathtaking snorkelling session, relaxing spa. Each box was ticked in this holiday special thanks to our trip organiser Mohammed (be happy safari) who planned our evening outdoor sessions full of fun and joy under reasonable prices too.

At first we were worried about the civil unrest in Egypt but when we got there it was pretty calm no tensions or difficulties. People were very friendly and extremely helpful at all times.

I would recommend a trip to old market.

Nama bay not too interesting as compared to old market.

Resort itself was really good place lots of things to do pool billiards ping-pong snorkelling swimming drinks on the pool friendly staff very nice place altogether.

Make sure you bring mosquito repellent with you, we forgot and came back with loads of mosquito bites ;) totally our fault....

Room Tip: Sea view & nearest to beach.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear AJ_M_30,