I stayed at the Hilton Waterfalls at the end of March for ten days and it was not my first visit to this hotel. Suffice to say it will not be my last.
Although I enjoyed my last stay, this time around was much better, the hospitality was amazing, the food had improved a lot and I found that the weather at the beginning of the year was far more bearable than in September last year when the temperatures went up to 45 C.
Upon arrival at reception we were given a room in the main body of the hotel just by the restaurant which I loved, it was conveniently located to all the restaurants, the Chillax pool and the bar. I would definitely recommend trying to get a room there and the receptionists are always very accommodating and willing to help. The room was spacious, clean and there were fresh towels (arranged in great animal shapes) and clean sheets that were replaced daily although we didn't end up spending much time in the room with so much to do in the complex. As it was my mother's birthday I would like to take this opportunity to thank the food and beverage team and Mr Ibrahim in particular for arranging the room decoration, a cake delivered to us, it was really special and made her day.
In regards to the actual complex- the pools are lovely, the staff by the Chillax pool were fantastic, could not do enough to ensure we were looked after and when I mentioned that there were not enough cocktails on the menu the Management assistant instructed all bars to make us free mojitos for our entire stay and dealt with my remark swiftly, making us feel really well looked after.
The restaurants at the hotel are also great, I particularly enjoyed the Reef and Shish Bish, the atmosphere was great and the food was fresh and tasty. Although I gave the Italian restaurant Verdi a negative comment last time I did give it another try and it was much better this time around, but I am just not one to have Italian food when there are local delicacies to be tried. On most nights we ate at the main restaurant, there was always a vegetarian and pescaterian option as I do not like meat as well as a variety of grills and roasts for the meat lovers. I found the food to have a good variation and always came away satisfied with the food and service at dinner, I hardly ever had lunch there as I was diving during the day.
From the extras that are available at the hotel I would recommend the Earth/Fire/Water menu and if you opt for that make sure you request a table by the Chillax pool. We had that for my mother's birthday and it was really special, the food was great, the decorations were amazing and the staff as always-superb!
I think that extra something which makes this hotel is the people who work there, they cannot do enough and are always willing to help. Special thanks to Ibrahim, Ahmed Taha, Rami, Hosny,the hostess at the restaurant who always went the extra mile, all of the chefs who had to deal with my pickiness, the room attendants, everyone was lovely. We happened to be there on 'Earth Day' when we change time an hour ahead and the staff pulled off a lovely party by the pools, everything was candle light and the grills, sushi, cake, salads and entertainment were really great.
All in all I would really recommend this place. I am a diver so I have been to Sharm before and stayed at different places, some were more luxurious and some were smaller and more intimate but this is the ultimate place to have a relaxing holiday, feel looked after and I will go back when I next go diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the Red Sea with a private beach jetty and onsite dive center, Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort is the ideal place for guests to stay in Sharm El-Sheikh. Near to the city's attractions, including Il Mercato shopping mall and the Old Market, guests can either stay in the hotel complex - with its very own private beach - or venture into the bustling city center. Relax in the hotel's outdoor swimming pool complex, or keep fit in the health club with cardio machines and weights. Learn to scuba dive at the hotel's private beach or venture into town for a round of golf. Guest rooms at this Sharm el-Sheikh resort feature garden views or sea views and high-speed internet access. Keep up to date with work at the large desk, or relax on the balcony with a cool drink from room service. Hold events in the meeting room for between two and 30 guests, or utilize the business center for printing and photocopying. At the end of a long day, enjoy the finest cuisine in the city at one of the resort's restaurants and bars. From contemporary Italian dishes at Verdi Bistro, to Arabic food at the Paradise Reef restaurant, the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort caters to all tastes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El-Sheikh Hilton
- Hilton Waterfalls Sharm El Sheikh