“Great staff and nice hotel”

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Ranked #47 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great staff and nice hotel”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just returned from a nice break at the Waterfalls resort, lovely hotel and great staff particularly Ahmed Ladan, Farahat Shabaan and Mohamoud Fanzy who really made our stay at the Tipsy Turtle poolside bar, excellent service and a great asset for the hotel.

The hotel was very clean and room service was great, the only minor improvement that could be made is the selection of food and onsite restaurants could be wider, however what is available was very good.

Overall an excellent trip and would return again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear Darren745,

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experience on tripadvisor.com. Its gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to deliver an impeccable holiday experience as this is what we are here for and this is what we love doing.

Our absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to the entire team particularly to Ahmed Ladan, Farahat Shabaan and Mohamoud Fanzy whom you have personally mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

We all look forward to welcome you at Hilton Waterfalls Resort as a repeater guests, please let us know if there is anything we can arrange for you or help with even before you travel again in the future.

Abigail Logan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just returned from a 5 day all inclusive break at the Hilton Sharm waterfalls resort and overall had a lovely time with some good and not so good points:

The reception at the hotel on arrival was efficient we were welcomed and checked in and our cases were delivered to our room for us. we were taken to our room on a golf buggy and our room (1220), was a deluxe sea view which we upgraded to at cost of £75 for 5 nights. we don't know how this room compared to the others however it was nice large room with a very big bed and was well furnished.

the room was made up every day and two large bottles of water were left daily. There was a mini bar with snacks and drinks however all this was extra and not included which was disappointing!
The complex was beautiful and very well maintained. The gardens were immaculate and the numerous pools clean. There were several bars around the complex where most drinks were included. The free wine and spirits were not very good at all so we stuck to beer and cocktails. Each bar had a wide selection of branded spirits displayed, none of which were included and all of which came at a hefty supplement. A shot of Kahlua for example was around £8! The bars were all well tended to however and there were no silly queues to contend with.

The staff at the hotel were fabulous and in general couldn't do enough for us. Bar staff, towel attendants, waiters and the concierge were very friendly and attentive. Ice cold towels and flannels are brought round during the day which are very welcome in the heat ! Hotel staff try and sell massages and treatments round the pool from the spa however never in an aggressive or insistent way and were all very friendly.

Unfortunately the food at the hotel was definitely the weakest part. The main restaurant food which was a buffet style was very poor with the exception of breakfast which had a good section of fruits, porridge, breads and freshly cooked omelettes. Egg and bacon fans are not catered for here at all. There are a couple of additional restaurants on site which need to be prebooked (although we didn't and got in) and these offer alternative menus both all inclusive and a wide range which are at an additional cost. These continuous "not included" things were frustrating in an all inclusive package and not cheap either.

We booked the romantic beach meal via the paradise reef restaurant in the complex and enjoyed and nice evening where we ate and drank on the beach . This menu was around £22 each for the food and was a nice experience. Unfortunately the food was pretty cold by the time it was delivered to us due to the distance from the kitchen most probably. The service we received during the experience however was excellent by Baeyomi the waiter from Paradise Reef.

The majority of the other guests were Russian probably 80% at a guess.

The hotel has taxis based in the grounds which we used several times. They were efficient and reasonable although probably expensive compared to outside taxis. We liked the comfort factor of using the hotel taxis however.

We ventured out only once to Soho Square which is 20 minutes away by taxi and great for eating drinking and mainly shopping. Lots of fake designer bags on offer in a very relaxing and hassle free environment .worth a visit for sure.

We avoided Naama bay shopping as had heard horror stories of aggressive shopkeepers. You would think they would realise this only works against them. People we spoke to said they avoided eye contact and didn't browse in the shops due to this problem which is shame.

Overall we enjoyed a lovely break in Egypt and the sunshine in May was very nice. At £500 per person for 5 nights this represented good value too.

I don't think we will return in a hurry to Egypt however and if we did we would definitely spend a little more and try one of the more exclusive hotels. The food at the Hilton was major disappointment and this would stop us returning unfortunately.

Warren Dean

Room Tip: The majority of rooms are facing the pool and are a good choice
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank warrenscottdean
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Warrenscottdean,

We were regretful to learn that your perception of our resort did not comply with the image of a five-star hotel.
The entire team of the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls team put a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service and to let our guests feel most valued and genuinely cared for.

Our Executive Chef was concerned to know that we were not able to fulfill your requirements in regards to variety of food. Our main restaurant La Cascade features 7 different theme events during the evening hours with a large selection of dishes.
In addition we offer 3 other restaurants which are included in the premier all inclusive packages.

Nevertheless I have urged the kitchen equipped to fine-tune our seasoning philosophy. In addition our Executive Chef Ayman ElSawy held a meeting with his Sous chefs and main kitchen chefs to roll up the sleeves more and to let the creative mind come to its full potential.

We were however glad that overall, you had an enjoyable stay and that the level of service provided by our helpful team members were up to your satisfaction.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay.

I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort.

Best regards,
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

.marvelous food...
Everything is more than wonderful
The site...view...landscaping. ..staff. ..rooms furniture. .decorations. ... all the luxurious equipment. ..facilities. ..types of food fir all tastes and countries.....

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maha F
Dear Maha F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on the tripadvisor.com

We were happy to know that you were satisfied with the resort’s services and facilities and that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service our guests would expect from Hilton Hotels and we do appreciate a lot your kind recognition.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to sunny Sharm El Sheikh and to Hilton Waterfalls in a very near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Regards
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just returned from Hilton sharm waterfall hotel, staying 21st-28th April, another absolutely fantastic stay, normally it is myself and my mum that stay, however this time my sister and her 2 boys age 12 and 15 came with us, they were also delighted with the hotel

On our day of arrival we had different flight times and I arrived first, it was my sisters birthday and I wanted to do something special for her so after checking in I asked to see guest relations to organise a cake for dinner time, this was booked for me, while I was still in reception I saw a waiter called waleed that I recognised from previous visits who welcomed me back, I mentioned that it was my sisters birthday and that I had ordered a cake, he now works in room service and advised that we could have a special dinner out by the chillax pool if we wanted and that he would check with his boss and get back to me.

I decided to go for this table and ask that waleed be our waiter as he had served us at the vip cocktail party and also at Verdi the Italian restaurant on previous visits, as he was very professional and had a great sense of humour and fun, I had brought some happy birthday banners to put up in the room, waleed said he could use them for the table, we booked the table for 8pm, this was a surprise for my sister and I was really excited when we turned up at the main restaurant and told her that we needed to just nip outside to the pool....wow....the table and surrounding area had been laid out with flowers and candles the banners I had provided had been put on the tree and the setting was wonderful, the decoration was stunning, waleed was waiting for us and welcomed us by spraying us with mosquito prevention and then proceeded to serve us with a really tasty and delicious meal we chose of the room service menu , the drinks were flowing and we had cocktails too. When the cake arrived it was a chocolate cake with an Easter egg too with my sisters name Donna written on it.....the whole evening was perfect and donna was blown away. The service was fantastic and we now have beautiful memories of this hotel.

Also when my family arrived I had seen another colleague who had been good to us previously called shady, he organised hot towels to refresh and cocktails for their arrival, royal treatment is all that I can say.

Throughout the stay my mum and myself were welcomed back by so many colleagues, this is really special.

Special mentions to a few colleagues who served us and need some recognition (although all the colleagues are great at this hotel) Khaled at the health club pool for his cheeky sense of humour and welcome on a daily basis to our favourite pool, Shakespeare who is now a life guard at the beach who took the boys on the jetty to show them the fish and talked them tough the snorkelling,
xanneb on of the lady's that work in the main restaurant who again had a really good sense of humour and organised French fries for the boys daily, Daia in the main restaurant who always ensured we had our drinks and even remembered from the last time we stayed that we had tea with little milk, outstanding. Ahmed one of the waiters in the main restaurant who always has time for us and a special smile, Mahmoud at the health club bar who was very sweet and brought us our drinks while we relaxed, The guys at Latinos bar who even played a game of pool with the boys which made their day..thankyou

This hotel offers everything you could wish for the setting is stunning and the colleagues are all great the food in the 4 different restaurants is lovely, the pools and he beach are great, the rooms are clean and kept nice, the towel art is a nice touch, also the fruit that was delivered to our rooms from room service was a great addition to our week.

I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends and hope people will visit and enjot this special hotel.

We can not wait for our next visit and are looking at booking again very soon.

Days out included the aqua park at aqua blue which was a great day for the boys which had plenty of slide fun...

Also a evening at soho square which is a must

Il mercato shopping centre is a five minute walk away and a nice place to walk around and to stop for a drink and chat

Thank you Hilton Sharm waterfall for a memorable holiday and can't wait to see you again soon

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicky L
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were totally satisfied with the products and services we are offering.

My absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable while staying with us. I will surely pass your feedback to all my colleagues and personally to those team members, who you have mentioned in your letter.

On behalf of entire Hilton Waterfalls team I would like to thank you for your kind recognition. Such positive feedback are very rewarding to us.

I am sure we will be able to welcoming you back to our resort again and again. .

Yours truly,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton Waterfalls at the end of March for ten days and it was not my first visit to this hotel. Suffice to say it will not be my last.

Although I enjoyed my last stay, this time around was much better, the hospitality was amazing, the food had improved a lot and I found that the weather at the beginning of the year was far more bearable than in September last year when the temperatures went up to 45 C.
Upon arrival at reception we were given a room in the main body of the hotel just by the restaurant which I loved, it was conveniently located to all the restaurants, the Chillax pool and the bar. I would definitely recommend trying to get a room there and the receptionists are always very accommodating and willing to help. The room was spacious, clean and there were fresh towels (arranged in great animal shapes) and clean sheets that were replaced daily although we didn't end up spending much time in the room with so much to do in the complex. As it was my mother's birthday I would like to take this opportunity to thank the food and beverage team and Mr Ibrahim in particular for arranging the room decoration, a cake delivered to us, it was really special and made her day.
In regards to the actual complex- the pools are lovely, the staff by the Chillax pool were fantastic, could not do enough to ensure we were looked after and when I mentioned that there were not enough cocktails on the menu the Management assistant instructed all bars to make us free mojitos for our entire stay and dealt with my remark swiftly, making us feel really well looked after.
The restaurants at the hotel are also great, I particularly enjoyed the Reef and Shish Bish, the atmosphere was great and the food was fresh and tasty. Although I gave the Italian restaurant Verdi a negative comment last time I did give it another try and it was much better this time around, but I am just not one to have Italian food when there are local delicacies to be tried. On most nights we ate at the main restaurant, there was always a vegetarian and pescaterian option as I do not like meat as well as a variety of grills and roasts for the meat lovers. I found the food to have a good variation and always came away satisfied with the food and service at dinner, I hardly ever had lunch there as I was diving during the day.
From the extras that are available at the hotel I would recommend the Earth/Fire/Water menu and if you opt for that make sure you request a table by the Chillax pool. We had that for my mother's birthday and it was really special, the food was great, the decorations were amazing and the staff as always-superb!
I think that extra something which makes this hotel is the people who work there, they cannot do enough and are always willing to help. Special thanks to Ibrahim, Ahmed Taha, Rami, Hosny,the hostess at the restaurant who always went the extra mile, all of the chefs who had to deal with my pickiness, the room attendants, everyone was lovely. We happened to be there on 'Earth Day' when we change time an hour ahead and the staff pulled off a lovely party by the pools, everything was candle light and the grills, sushi, cake, salads and entertainment were really great.

All in all I would really recommend this place. I am a diver so I have been to Sharm before and stayed at different places, some were more luxurious and some were smaller and more intimate but this is the ultimate place to have a relaxing holiday, feel looked after and I will go back when I next go diving.

Room Tip: Check out the house reef and try and book a room in the main body of the hotel or by the pools.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NiyaVatkova
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I would like personally reply and thank you for taking the time to share your impression about our hotel. It is only through your valuable comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for you our valued guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and share the good feelings you have experienced.

I was delighted to read your comments in which you praise the efficiency of teamwork and an excellent hospitality of hotel’s staff. Such encouraging comments are very rewarding for our people.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and for allowing Hilton team members to show their best with regards to your service and thanks for your kind appreciation.

Hertfordshire, UK
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Just back from another great stay at The Hilton Waterfalls.
This was my 4th time over the years at this hotel and I'm pleased to say it was as good as ever.
The reason I choose to go here is because its so easy, and surely that's what you want from a holiday?
Once I've booked , I always contact the hotel directly with any additional requests such as room preference, treatments I'd like to book at the spa, and this time we had a complimentary pick up from the airport to the hotel which was super!
Check in was very efficient and our room (1220) was overlooking the main pools and the beach.
There seemed to be alot of mosquitoes on this visit, possibly as its earlier in the season and we'd had some rainfall , so do take plenty of repellent ( not that it deters them much)
Plenty of choice at the AI buffet, although towards the end of the week it was a little samey, still not a real problem. The italian restaurant is lovely and you can go thought once included in your AI , Paradise Reef and Shish Bish also very good.
The hotel were starting to offer free Wifi in the hotel lobby area on the day we left, however we did hear from other guests there did seem to be a few problems with it being available.
This didn't affect us as we had a mifi rental from Smile Sharm ( see separate review).

Had a great pedicure and lovely massage at the spa!

Will be back again at some point I'm sure.

Room Tip: Room 1220 , pool view/seaview - deluxe king.
1 Thank PJ2010
Dear PJ2010,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort for your recent holiday and for your kind feedback. Such positive comments are very rewarding for us especially, when they come from our very special loyal guests.

We very much enjoyed reading you review where you highly praised be our facilities and services along with the excellent hospitality provided by our attentive employees and team members leaders.

Appreciate you mentioning our Paradise Reef and Verdi Bistro la carte restaurants, where we provide the best examples of Italian and traditional Arabic food along with the atmosphere of fine dinning - both restaurants is an experience not to be missed.

We all look forward for your 5th stay at our lovey resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your holiday.

Best Wishes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My boyfriend and I were moved from the Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort to the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, as the Renaissance was very poor. We were very pleased with our stay at the Hilton and really enjoyed our holiday.

We did have a problem with the currency converting machine at the entrance of the hotel. We put £160 into the machine and it ate up the money. Jamal at reception was so helpful and managed to get the money back for us before the end of our holiday. I would avoid using the machine as it sounded as if it is something that happens regularly and did take some time to sort out!

Our room was always nicely cleaned and well air conditioned. The buffet restaurant was as expected, having been to many all inclusive hotels before. We were not very impressed with the Italian a la carte restaurant. It seemed that they were only interested in people paying for their food and drink. The service for the all inclusive guests could have been improved and the food wasn't great. But, it was still nice to have a break from eating in the buffet.

We found that tipping the bar staff in the hotel, really did improve our service. We really enjoyed the Paradise Reef restaurant for lunch pretty much everyday. But, by the end of the week the waiters were pretty much fighting over who was serving us as they knew they would get a tip. Our drinks were never empty and they did give us a fantastic service. We also had a lovely evening meal in the Paradise Reef restaurant. The bar inside by the Chillax pool was also lovely in the evenings and the staff were very attentive.

The beach and pools were nice. On a couple of days it was hard to find sun loungers. We found that a lot of people put their towels out first thing, but were not to be seen all day long. We also had one of our towels stolen from a sun lounger whilst we had a drink at the pool bar one afternoon, but luckily we were just given a new one and not charged when we explained what had happened.

From what we saw of the entertainment, it was quite poor. But, this isn't something we really went on holiday for anyway.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a nice relaxing quiet break in the sun.

1 Thank Nikki H
SharmWaterfalls, Guest relations Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Many greetings form Hilton Waterfalls resort.

I would like to reply to your comments on this website and thank you for sharing your positive feedback about the hospitality of our team members. I was happy to know that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.