“GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL”

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Ranked #50 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Visited this lovely hotel 12 June to 3 July - this was not my first visit but I have to say I am always amazed by its beautiful location and its friendly staff, for whom nothing is too much trouble and are always willing to go the extra mile to please. We were on b&b basis and found the food in Verdi and Cascade to be excellent, evening meals by the pool are to be highly recommended, special thanks you to Ahmed Aziz, Ahmed Radwan, Weale, Ayman, Faraq and Mohammed Saad for all their efforts which especially paid off the night they organised a tanoura dancer [we all thoroughly enjoyed it especially our mum who loves to watch the video]. Days spent lazing at the Chillax Pool looked after by the very pleasant and capable Sayed and we were very well looked after by the bar staff - Hamada, Sayed, George and Mohammed.

Whilst on holiday we visited the spa on several occasions - manicure, pedicure and facials and have to say that Ahmed, Tito, Amira, Habiba, Hamada were all very professional and the treatments were of the highest standard and good value for money. Gemma, from animation team, was a breath of fresh air, always pleasant and willing to be helpful. Checking in was a doddle owing to Mina and Ayman who were speedy, cheerful and very efficient. I would also recommend the hotel taxi service [booked in reception] as it was very reasonable, beautiful cars and very pleasant capable drivers - especially Ahmed Roheim who drove us to Hollywood [a new shopping mall/laser water fountain show and animatronic dinosaurs for children and bouncy castles. Well kept gardens, spotless rooms, beautiful views and wonderful weather what more can you ask for when on holiday.

Room Tip: Recommend rooms on 1301 level - the views are spectacular
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindalowe54
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of entire Hilton Waterfalls team I would like to thank you for this excellent feedback on Trip Advisor site. I was happy to read your comments in which you praise hotel’s products and services. But my greatest pleasure was to know that a bit of personal care provided by our team members did make you feel truly relaxed and comfortable during your stay. The personalized service is a very important part of the Hilton promise we are currently striving to deliver to all costumers, we do appreciate your kind recognition.

I will be sure to share your comments with all members of staff and will personally praise Ahmed Aziz, Ahmed Radwan, Weale, Ayman, Faraq, Mohammed Saad, Hamada, Sayed, George,Tito, Amira, Habiba, Hamada, Mina, Gemma and Ahmed Roheim for their outstanding service and being able to create a positive impression.

We will be happy to welcoming you back to our resort in a very near future.

Anastasia Antokhina

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just returned from a enjoyable holiday at the Hilton Sharm waterfalls with my husband and three teenage sons.

The staff in every area of the hotel was brilliant, we enjoyed fast, efficient and professional service from everyone. We stayed in room 1409, the cleaner was brilliant, the room was kept immaculate each day. The other persons who stood out in the restaurant was Mr Coffee and the Egg Chef always smiling, efficient and friendly) at breakfast time.

The food in the restaurant wasn't wonderful, it was bland, boring and tasteless. In other hotels we have enjoyed much better. The restaurant was busy and always had a nice atmosphere, but I must say some people piled their plates far to high (to the stage of complete greed). During our stay it was my husbands birthday, the catering staff made him a cake and sang happy birthday to him. The gesture was brilliant.

The entertainment staff made such effort both around the pool and in the evening. The characters of the team we grew to know over our ten day holiday. We particular liked Jemma who was the only English member of the team who always had a small chat each day with us. My sons also liked Yam who also was very active and funny. We never really had any conversation with the rest of team.

On a downside of the hotel, the smell at the front of the hotel was horrible, it smelt of raw sewage, which is not what you expect of a hotel of this standard.

Our flight was not until later in the evening, but we was told that we would have to leave our room at 12 noon. We asked if we could keep one of our rooms until later. We expected a small charge, but was surprised The cost was €10 per hour x 4 hours. We felt this was excessive and left us with a negative thought of the hotel. We didn't even get clean towels. We have never had to pay such costs before to this extent. Last memories often stick!

My husband loves watching Formula 1 and asked all week if it could be on the TV in the sports bar. He was told this was not possible? We don't know why this was the case, because the hotel did have the facility to do so.

Overall I would recommend this hotel

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hanley1
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear "Hanley1",

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort. Our entire team put a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service and to let our guests feel most valued and genuinely cared for.

We were very glad that overall, you had an enjoyable stay and that the level of service provided by our helpful team members were up to your satisfaction. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to my team of animators, particularly Jemma, whom you have personally mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

We were regretful to know that we were not able to meet your expectations in regards to the food offers. We have a 7 day rotational theme dinner menu in order to insure sufficient variety at the main restaurant with over 40 food items. This should guarantee that our guests experience an extensive selection of different food choices during their stay. In addition, there is our Paradise Reef beach restaurant which provides a selection of sandwiches along with BBQ items and a salad buffet for lunch and an a la carte Arabian menu for dinner. The Italian Verdi Bistro is available once per week as part of the All Inclusive packages. The Bedouin style restaurant Shish Bish is further included in the packages.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay. I hope we will have a pleasure to welcoming you back to our resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your holiday.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I read reviews on this hotel before travelling to Egypt but overlooked certain references that were made that I wish I hadn't, so I felt I should write a review to help others decide before choosing this hotel for themselves. I hope it helps... The hotel is lovely & quite picturesque and the staff are helpful but unfortunately, that in itself doesn't make a good holiday. The hotel is great for snorkelling and diving, so if that's what you like to do on holiday then this hotel will be a good choice. However, the food is less than acceptable and certainly caters more for the Russian guests of the hotel. They seem to have trouble producing anything good during the evenings and we ate out most nights. Things like potatoes baked; roasted or chipped were under par and hardly ever cooked to standard, mostly hard or undercooked. I also found that although the hotel is all inclusive, servings are actually quite limited when being served - simple little things eg. omelettes for breakfast - other hotels I have stayed at supply saucers for you to put your choice of fillings onto for the omelette and hand it to the chef to add to your eggs. Hilton Waterfalls add the fillings for you and the items you choose are no more than a teaspoon amount of each ie cheese/onion etc. That's only a little issue but as breakfast was the only meal I really enjoyed I expected to have what I wanted without a fuss being made. I should explain that I am not too fussy around food and don't mind a simple salad for lunch or a light snack but I as a mum and wife feel responsible for my family and they found it difficult to eat at the hotel as lunch times didn't provide much choice and dinners were not always edible. The other problem at the hotel for us was the amount of Russians. I ignored other reviews on this topic not having stayed in the company of many Russians prior. They are a very rude and obnoxious breed of people and I say that because they act superior to all others. They don't know the meaning of the word queue and expect to be dealt with immediately. This puts the staff at the hotel under pressure and it can become difficult to deal with. Eg. at the time we checked out, a Russian woman tried to queue jump in front of my husband and started screaming at the top of her voice for the hotel rep to deal with her first. The rep did his best to calm the situation but she got very angry and picked up some papers from the desk and threw them at the rep. She then picked up the weighted pen from the desk and threw that at him too. The manager came over and threatened her with the Police before she would calm down. I realise the manner of Russians is not the fault of the hotel staff and they do their best to handle situations but it doesn't prove for a good enjoyable relaxing holiday so I would not recommend this hotel unless you don't mind being second class to the Russians which I myself am unable to allow or accept. They won't wait in line at the 'canteen' self serve areas and push in front of you to catch the lift down to the beach. It's a shame that this goes against the hotel but regrettably for me and my family it does. I had another incident where a huge Russian man and myself were heading for a queue for food and he could see I was going to get there first so he decided to change direction of the queue rather than allow me to get in front of him. I'm pretty easy going and ignored it and let him go first but then he called his friend to come and jump in front of me and then their two girlfriends as well. I tapped him on the shoulder and said he was being rude and they should queue he began to scream and shout at me in Russian and got very irate. His friend was embarrassed and tried to step back and the guy started shouting at him to stay where he was and to ignore me. The friend did step back (which surprised me) but to avoid this type of situation from happening again I stopped eating in the self serve canteen because I don't need confrontation whilst on holiday, I want to relax and enjoy the only two week break I get all year without a fight on my hands. I also felt that as an all inclusive hotel there was not good entertainment. They have a nice theatre style setting in the open which could host good shows for evening entertainment but they don't and it can become boring if you are used to hotels that provide good entertainment for holiday makers after dinner. All in all I wouldn't go back which is sad because staff are nice, accommodating and helpful especially the bar man at the main pool who can't do enough to help. We as a family enjoy our evening meal as part of our holiday experience, all our celebrations are held around food, parties; entertaining; bbq's; even funerals, so this was a big deal for us and would stop me from booking at Hilton Waterfalls again. I hope they manage to get in right and change their menu for future visitors of the hotel. Danni

2  Thank DanniTurner
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear DunniTurner,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls resort during your recent holiday in Egypt. We were regretful to learn that your perception of our resort did not comply with the image of a five-star hotel. Our entire team put a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service, to let our guests feel most valued and genuinely cared for.

We were sincerely sorry to know that you were dissatisfied with the food and the restaurant's ambiance. We have discussed your comments regarding these points with the concerned departmental managers to ensure that they are used to improve experience for our guests.

We will continue with full power and motivation to strive for excellence - hopefully, you will notice a difference during your next stay. We hope we will have a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort. Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your holiday.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I went for two weeks at the start of July and it was amazing! The care the staff have for the people staying is brilliant and the resort was very clean. Gemma and Yan were very enthusiastic about their job and always encourage people to get up and have a go at the activities. Would definitely come back

• Stayed: July 2014
SharmWaterfalls, Chief Animation at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Taylor W,

I would like to thank you for your very positive comments on your recent stay in our resort.

It’s really nice for our team members to get a mention in these reviews and they are always As a chief animator, I was very happy to know that my team had managed to contribute to your holiday and to create some nice memories. I will pass your comments to my entire team and especially Jemma & Yan, whom you personally mentioned in your review to praise them for the great work they do. happy when they read them. Such recognition makes all the hard work worthwhile.

We will be waiting for your next visit to our lovely resort.

Kind regards,
Ramy Farrag

Reviewed 21 July 2014

been with my best friend for about 8 days after what we heard about it from tripadvisor previously and for sure with no regret ! It was not our first trip the sharm but its the best and the hotel was absolutely amazing from the pools and the service to the rooms .

loved the main pool as it was salty from sea water so you make sure that there wont be any bacteria will live in the water ! our room was really big and clean as the house keeper did a great job everyday leaving the room more clean and stunning with sometime some extra towels or water bottle .

Animation team one of the best we saw in sharm Jana and the one and the only UKSANA with her fun spirit and smile making sure everyone participate in all the activities as you wont feel bored once they are there .

Also bar tenders like hamada and mahmoud and sheko and towel boy Mohamad were absolutely beyond amazing and making sure you are having everything you need asap even it was Ramadan and they were fasting and i know it was really hard to keep the smile and the good service the whole time , also make sure to keep everybody happy in tips if your are waiting for more luxury treatment .

if you are looking for relaxing and happy stay then dont hesitate to give it a try .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Raed S
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Raed S,

Thank you very much for sharing your holiday experience on tripadvisor.com. Its gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to deliver an impeccable holiday experience as this is what we are here for and this is what we love doing.

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to the resort's service and facilities. Our target is to satisfy our all guests’ needs and to exceed guests’ expectations whenever possible. Indeed, it was a great pleasure to know that our teams in all the departments have managed to create a truly nice holiday experience for you.

We all look forward to welcome you at Hilton Waterfalls Resort as a repeater guests, please let us know if there is anything we can arrange for you or help with even before you travel again in the future.

Best Regards,
Abigail Logan

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks recently and was the best holiday ever, all staff go that little bit further to make it a memorable holiday, My kids had a amazing time with the animation team, with thanks to Jemma and Yan whom they became very fond of, each day they took time to play with them and always making sure we knew what was going on in and around the hotel. at night they made them very comfortable to participate in the entertainment shows, for that i want to say a big thanks to them.
The snorkelling at this hotel is a must, Moustaffa the life guard eventually succeeded in getting my kids in the water to explore the amazing sea life, making sure they were safe at all times, they became very fond of him and his knowledge of the fish, they then visited the jetty every day to explore more, they are very much looking forward to coming back to do this.
Then there is the amazing bar and restaurant staff who will go over and above to make your stay pleasant, the amazing George is a 5 star barman ,he always did that little bit extra , he will make the most amazing cocktails, you must watch as he prepares them as this is a show in itself .
the morning service at breakfast was impeccable , within two days the 2 tea and coffee servers had drinks at your table as soon as you sat down in the resteraunt .
A big thanks to Mahmood and Ibrahim the 2 pool men, they made my time very relaxing providing many services i.e cold face towels, always asking if you require anything always happy to help to any little need.
A special thanks to Abigail at guest relations who made sure my stay was comfortable and above,,,,, wow.
Definitely looking forward to return for a third time very soon.

Room Tip: For families i would recommend sea view which is easy accessible to family pools and lifts to main...
1  Thank Gillian T
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Gillian T,

Our absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable. I will also be sure to pass your feedback to the entire team particularly to Jemma, Yan, Moustafa, George, Mahmoud, Ibrahim and Abigail whom you have personally mentioned in you review, to praise them for the excellent work they do.

We all looking forward for your third stay at our lovey resort.
Please contact our pre-arrival vacation planning team to help us arrange for your forthcoming holiday.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Hilton waterfalls. We chose bed and breakfast basis, because we suspected that we may still have to pay for food that was not included in the package. In fact, we realized that we have made the right decision when we saw that a number of all-inclusive guests decided to either to have their dinners at Naama Bay, or to pay (probably with a discount) at one of the 3 main restaurants and not go to buffet dinners that they were entitled to get for free.

Here is a quick summary of pluses and minuses. First, the bad stuff.
1) Very unimpressed with the hot food selection during breakfast. Most of it was tasteless, so eventually I resorted to eating the same omlettes/eggs. The sausage and some of the other staff was non-edible. Watermelons and bakery were generally quite good, however. In total, the food selection was not on par with what I would expect to eat at Hilton.
2) Bar food for non-inclusive guests was grotesquely overpriced. 40 Egyptian pounds for two cokes? Seriously? Their coffee was also a joke- of instant variety- and also very expensive.
3) Although we did not get the impression that we were overcharged at every step, some of the encounters were quite strange. For example, our stay was pre-booked for a luxurious room with a king bed. However, during checking in, we were told that we had booked a standard room. We had to produce a printed our confirmation that this was not the case, after which the receptionist agreed with us. So, our advice to future guests is to be prepared for similar contingencies.

Now, the good:

1) Contrary to our expectation that we would be overcharged, we were offered substantial discounts/free deserts on a couple of occasions when we dined out in the evenings.
2) The hotel is generally well-maintained, although the pools must be cleaned more regularly.
3) I think animation team was really making an effort. Some reviewers have complained that they made only halfhearted efforts to engage non-Russian speaking guests, but that was not my impression at all. I observed the members of the animation team to stop and chat with guests regardless of their linguistic background. Some other reviewers have also mentioned that Russian-speaking members did not work hard enough. I could not disagree more. In fact, I think they were doing almost all the work down at the pools, and also during the evening entertainment. Some others have compared them, rather unfavorably, to Gemma. Unfortunately, I cannot really comment on this comparison, as I have never spoken to Gemma during our 9 day stay (in contrast to the other animation team members). Another rather unfair comment was that the members of the animation team led aqua aerobics only in Russian. Although I did not participate in it personally, my impression from hearing it from the distance was that it was usually conducted in two languages: English and Russian. I think that given that the large number of guests do not speak any language other than the Russian, it's only fair that the procedure is also explained in the language that they can understand (provided, of course, that English is also used).
4) Some other reviewers have complained that the entertainment was almost non-existent, and that night clubs/discus were open only a couple of times a week. My understanding is that the hotel organized trips for such guests to nearby night clubs at 11-11.30 PM, although of course it's still a hassle going somewhere else. From our perspective, however, this was not a problem, as we preferred our hotel to remain quiet at night. In general, our impression was that this was a family-friendly hotel, probably not ideal for the younger crowd who may prefer energetic night-time entertainment.
5) Enjoyable swimming near coral reefs, although walking down the pontoon during windy weather was a challenge
6) Generally very nice staff, especially a very nice guy (sorry, forgot to write down his name) from the sea sports centre near the beach, who rented out some swimming equipment for my wife. If we ever have a desire to come back to Hilton Waterfalls again, it's because of people like him.

2  Thank Yevgeniy75
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear "Yevgeniy75",

We were very glad that overall, you had an enjoyable stay and that the level of service provided by our helpful team members were up to your satisfaction. Thank you very much for our positive comments concerning our entertainment. I will be sure to pass your feedback to my team of animators, who managed to contribute to your holiday experience and to praise them for the excellent work they do.

I have discussed your comments concerning your breakfast with our executive chef for his follow up and actions.