“5*!! - Your Living On The Hilton Name”

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Ranked #52 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Manchester, United Kingdom
“5*!! - Your Living On The Hilton Name”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

As stated above, Hilton needs to freshen up this hotel and is resting on its namesake. Couldn't fault the rooms and views to match. The staff were friendly enough but didn't really excel and go out of their way to help. The two waiter service restaurants were good but the main all inclusive, breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurant was poor. Far too small when the hotel is at capacity. Each visit was a battle, where we had to queue for tables and then being pushed in like sardines, food consistently running out, endless morning queues for fresh eggs and the like. It was more like some cattle market, catering for the majority, which in this instance, was Russian.
Overall a good holiday but really, get something done about the catering otherwise you will lose it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to sea view if available. You will not be disappointed.
2 Thank Simon B
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting the Trip Advisor. I would like to take this opportunity and express my sincere appreciation for taking your time and write your feedback. Your comments are very valuable for us as they represent an important tool of measuring our performance and improving our services where necessary.

I am very sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations in regards to products and services that you come to expect from our hotel. I have discussed your comments with the concerned departmental managers and I will personally follow up to insure that appropriate actions are taken to rectify these points. Hopefully you will notice a difference during your next visit to our resort.

Thank you once again; I do hope we may welcome you soon at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort or indeed at any other of our Hilton hotels in the world in the very near future.

Kindest Regards,
Anastasia Antohina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bebington
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Second time to Egypt and first time in Sharm and can honestly say that while we really enjoyed the holiday, there certainly are areas for improvement. One area that really can't be faulted was the staff. All of them worked really hard and always had a smile on their face. The pool staff at the main pool area were absolutely outstanding particularly Ibrahim , Mohamed the lifeguard, Mohamed from the beach bar and Mohamed Ali from the pool bar, couldn't do enough for you. The housekeeping were also faultless as rooms were always spotless and cleaned everyday and the towel sculptures were also a daily treat. The rooms were nice and spacious and the sea view is fantastic. In the main restaurant the two ladies responsible for finding tables did a really excellent job under very pressured conditions as getting a table at the Cascade restaurant at peak times was pretty stressful, particularly as some of the Eastern European guests didn't always appreciate having to queue! Salah "Mr Coffee" was also an absolute pleasure every morning. Two other people to really mention were the guest relations staff, Abby provided lots of support and couldn't have done any more to make our holiday absolutely perfect, she even arranged for us to change rooms to get closer to the pool so that our 9 year old could get out of the sun occasionally and we could still see him from the main pool area. The animation team also kept guest entertained and were very engaging especially Jemma, Alina and Samos.....and while we never really participated a lot, the only recommendation would be to maybe mix up the schedule a little bit just to give a little more variety.
The pool and beach areas were excellent, the only downer was the salt water main pool which my son didn't really enjoy...but you got used to it after a few days. The snorkelling off the jetties was awesome and it was great it was only a stones throw from the main pool....loads of fish and like being in a different world.
In terms of areas for improvement it was interesting reading all the reviews as there seems to be a difference of opinion. If I'm honest the food in the Cascade restaurant did become a bit monotonous and not convinced it will be to everyone's tastes. I recommend that if you stay you try and make the most of the other restaurants and get tables reserved early. We tried to avoid the Cascade at lunchtime and often went to Paradise Reef at lunchtime.....wish we'd utilised this more as the lunchtime snacks were very tasty and all the staff were absolutely excellent. My 9 year old son loved it!
Overall we had a nice holiday, would we go back, for the staff service and location, yes, but areas I'd need to see an improvement on would be the dining options and in particular the main all inclusive buffet. Also it would be really nice to have somewhere to drink in the evening outside. The outside bars apart from Shish Bish (not really enough real seats) all closed at sunset and obviously in the UK you don't often have a chance to have a nice relaxing drink outside, without having to have your waterproof close by!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony R
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were totally satisfied with the products and services we are offering.

My absolute pleasure was to know that our team members have managed to deliver a bit of personal care as it’s our goal to provide an extra service to our guest and to let them feel most relaxed and comfortable while staying with us. I will surely pass your feedback to all my colleagues and personally to those team members, who you have mentioned in your letter.

On behalf of entire Hilton Waterfalls team I would like to thank you for your kind recognition. Such positive feedback are very rewarding to us.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to sunny Sharm El Sheikh and to Hilton Waterfalls in a very near future, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best regards,
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Hotel is very nice and relaxing. Animation is really fun. But especially thanks for the kids entertainment club.That is good place,thanks to Ksusha, she is so lovely and well at entertaining kids. Thank you Guys!

2 Thank evren p
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear evren p,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort and for taking the time to share your positive impression from your recent vacation.

It is always pleasure to receive a positive feedback from a satisfied guest and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in our Resort in the near future.

Abigail Logan
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Another stay at Hilton waterfall....never disappoints us and we will definitely be going back again, people often ask why do we go to the same place again and again...I answer "when somewhere is like a second home and you get all you want from a place why go anywhere else"
This is true of this hotel and ultimately country, we would find it hard to beat Egypt or this hotel.
Reasons being the weather is fantastic, this hotel has sea/private beach, pools (7) great places to relax in the evening, fantastic rooms, we had a sea view this time wow what a view in the day but also at night with the full moon reflection bouncing off the sea, great food and restaurants and the main reason for our return is the people and colleagues who make this hotel a brilliant place to spend time at.
Cascade restaurant food is good buffet style, variety is good and standards are high, colleagues to mention who looked after us are: Samare, Zeinab, these ladies really did have a job on their hands this time trying to control when and where people sat, managed this with a smile and very professional, well done. Waiters who supplied us with drinks and a smile were Yousif, Ahmed, Daia, Mr coffee, Ramy and Mohammed, Mahmoud
Paradise reef restaurant, we ate here more this time than pervious visits and tried more of the dishes on the menu, the food is lovely and Ehmad and the team treated us like queens, well done and thank you, the atmosphere and setting here is very relaxing and great in the heat with the addition of fans.
Latinos bar, we love to relax here in the evening and a special mention must go to Mohammed who works so hard, he runs the bar mainly on his own and does it very professionally and always with a quiet determination, well done.
We would like to thank Waleed at the reservation desk who was very informative about the restaurant's and amenities across the hotel, his description of the pool island party was the reason we booked for this special evening and it was great, Dinner outside with the guitarist and belly dancer was great, although a small extra charge it was well worth doing.
Reception colleagues were very helpful and on check in we were remembered from last time even the number of rooms we stayed in confirming we truly are remembered for our loyalty and welcomed back.
Our favourite pool, is the health spa pool, and thanks to Mohammed behind the bar, Mohammed, Khaled and samy for looking after us with cold towels and keeping the area nice and tidy and clean.
Health spa, mum had a pedicure and manicure, thanks to Ameer and Hamada
Maria at the guest relations was as helpful as ever and it was lovely to get a phone call from her on our first day at home to check we had arrived home safely, thank you
I was unwell one of the days (nothing to do with the hotel) and room service brought me some refreshment's, the service was very good.
Our room cleaner was Moneer who kept the room very tidy and clean and gave us extra tea and milk which as very much appreciated. He left us a nice little note on our bed when we arrived with a welcome message and some lovely towel art .Thankyou.

Keep up the great work Team waterfall and hope to return again soon.

Nicky and Dee

Room Tip: if you can get a sea view room or suite the views are fantastic and well worth the little extra pric...
7 Thank Nicky L
SharmWaterfalls, Guest Relation Officer at Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of entire Hilton Waterfalls team I would like to thank you for this excellent feedback on Trip Advisor site. I was happy to read your comments in which you praise hotel’s products and services. But my greatest pleasure was to know that a bit of personal care provided by our team members did make you feel truly relaxed and comfortable during your stay. The personalized service is a very important part of the Hilton promise we are currently striving to deliver to all costumers, we do appreciate your kind recognition.

I will be sure to share your comments with all members of staff and will personally praise Samare, Zeinab, Yousif, Ahmed, Daia, Ramy, Ehmad, Mohammed, Mahmoud and Maria for their outstanding service and being able to create a positive impression.

We would like to thank you for your dear comments. We all look forward to welcome you at Hilton Waterfalls Resort as a repeater guests, please let us know if there is anything we can arrange for you or help with even before you travel again in the future.

Best wishes,
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 29 August 2014

how can i start!!!!! all thing was good.friendly staff specially mohamed zaatar the receptionist.and the food good but not as our expectation but the breakfast was amazing and variety on main restaurant. italian restaurant was the best and then the Arabic restaurant.thank u for moustafa and mohamed the towel men and frahat the lobby bar.hotel was quiet and i love it so much.animation team is good and i really so happy to find salah is back i didnt see him in the last time.he is good animation and very professional and always smile and make us so happy and helpful.and he made very nice music.thank u salah and all people who made our vacation better

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mohamed M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I would like personally reply and thank you for taking the time to share your impression about our hotel. It is only through your valuable comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for you our valued guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and share the good feelings you have experienced.

I was delighted to read your comments in which you praise the efficiency of teamwork and an excellent hospitality of hotel’s staff. Such encouraging comments are very rewarding for our people.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and for allowing Hilton team members to show their best with regards to your service and thanks for your kind appreciation.

Best Regards,
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was our first time staying at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort and we can honestly say we had an absolutely superb time. The hotel itself was exceptional with clean and tidy rooms, lovely touches and attention to detail from the housekeeping team. The food being served was fantastic with enough range to satisfy any fussy eaters. We did have problems with the taxi firm Mustang but Abigail the receptionist went out of her way to rectify any issues that we had, we would like to thank her for being so hardworking and helpful. We would also like to thank Jemma, part of the animation team, who went completely out of her way to help us during our stay. All in all it was a great trip with service that cannot be faulted, it is nice to see people of calibre working at the Hilton, making your trip as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Nigel H
Dear Guest,

I am sure we will be able to welcoming you back to our resort again and again.

Best regards,
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My first holiday abroad in six years and I was not disappointed.
Having never been to Egypt before people had kindly given me their horror stories and ‘tips’ about the water etc etc.
I found the hotel staff to be fantastic, polite, helpful and nothing too much trouble.
The facilities were clean and plentiful – it never felt cramped or over crowded (with the exception of peak time at the main dining hall but even there were spare tables and courteous staff).
I heard negative things about the food but was very pleasantly surprised. Freshly cooked omelettes every morning, fruits, juices, pastries and hot food – there was enough to satisfy even the fussiest of appetites.
The Arabic restaurant and reef restaurant were good – I particularly thought the service at the Reef was outstanding. I can’t say the steak meal we paid extra for was something I’d pay again for but I cannot fault the menu and service here. The lamb was amazing and definitely recommended.
There is always a good choice on offer throughout the resort – bars and snacks are readily available.
The beach was secluded and not overcrowded and the reef was mind blowing – having never snorkelled before I was amazed at its beauty and cleanliness in the surrounding beach area.
We enjoyed it so much at this hotel we have just booked another week in February and are taking my two daughters aged 4 and 8. They have never been abroad so this should indicate how comfortable I was in this hotel.
I really can’t pick fault with anything here – the positives hugely outweigh and niggles and the main niggles being other guests of a nationality beginning with R and ending in N....You can’t pick your customers though eh?
Before I forget, there’s a supermarket a five minute walk to the left of the hotel as you exit – no hassle, very reasonable and pleasant chap. Cheaper than a mini bar and a good selection. Waterproof cameras for £4.50 too!
All in all a great little break, they run a very tight ship and you simply cannot fault their excellent service, cleanliness and facilities.
Looking forwards to returning next year.

Room Tip: Most rooms have a reasonable sea view without needing to pay the extra.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jaimie H
Dear Guest,

Many greetings form Hilton Waterfalls resort.

I would like to reply to your comments on this website and thank you for sharing your positive feedback about the hospitality of our team members. I was happy to know that our team members have succeeded to exceed your expectations in regards to the service delivered.

We put on a lot of effort to maintain the highest standards of service our guests would expect from Hilton Hotels and we do appreciate a lot your kind recognition.

Best Regards,