Just got back from a weeks holiday from Sensatori in Sharm. Whilst it was a great holiday there were a few points worth noting that definitely does not make this a 5 star hotel. When we first arrived we were given a room that was not a sea view that we paid for and the staff at reception were quite dismissive and rude, simply saying that they were fully booked and would have to wait until later in the week to get an alternative. The rooms were lovely and very spacious but we paid for a sea view which we did not have. We also didn't get much privacy on your 'terrace' as they were not private and people were able to walk past. We were offered an alternative room but it was 2 days into our holiday and we didn't want to move as we were only there a week. The pools were fantastic with plenty of choice for sunbeds. The staff were all generally very friendly with the exception of one waiter at the piano bar who was very rude. Service was slow at times. The Italian, Egyptian and Stone Grill restaurant were all lovely but my main food complaint was the buffet restaurant Fountain View. When it gets busy at breakfast and lunch, the tables were messy and service was slow. The food was average and it seemed a bit chaotic at times. The main complaint of the holiday was the alcohol- the beer seemed very weak, and the cocktails didn't seem to have much alcohol in it. Not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel.
I also had a massage done at the spa which was amazing and very relaxing- the gym was small but accommodating for those who like to keep the pounds off from all the eating and drinking!!
There was a good mixture of people there with families and couples. Unfortunately for our family, the majority of us were very unwell with tummy bugs which is to be expected in Egypt but even though I was very careful to wash and disinfect my hands I managed to become quite ill on the last day of my holiday.
Overall I really liked Sensatori and I think we got very good value for money, but there were a few snags which I hope they resolve as time goes by as I know they only opened this year.
Oh and we also went to see George Michael and Michael Jackson tribute and they were amazing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad