Just returned from 2 weeks - 19th september till yesterday.Everything has been pretty much covered by previous reviews so i won't repeat it. However, just a couple of things - positive and negative.
Negative - food quality not great, its ok, plenty to choose from, just needs to be hotter. We had a bad experience in the tiran - sent food back twice as cold and spoke to the f & b manager who told us he was having problems with food quality!!! Some of the rooms are not in a good location, little privacy/overlooking building site. We went to namma bay for the evening, NIGHTMARE!!!
Ridiculous booking system for restaurants - needs to be improved, long queue to book and not always easy to get into the Italian. Marahaba - great, Tiran - give it a miss, we saw uncooked food being covered in foil and left out in ridiculous heat, not refrigerated at 4pm for evening service. No wonder people are ill! Milk in the fountain view is out all morning and the jugs on the tables topped up, not fresh and not cold!! Beware!!!
Its a tipping country and they all expect it regardless of whether you want to give or not!! Annoying!
Positive - Request a room in the adult block - great location and lovely pool although if you don't tip the towel man you take pot luck on the beds, mostly all gone before 8. You can park yourself on a bed before 8 to secure it but don't leave or he takes your belongings. After 8 you can leave the beds and no one will take your stuff although some folk bag a sun bed and go away for hours - very irritating. Plenty of beds on beach and main pool so no big deal if you don't want to be annoyed with it all.
We went on a private speed boat trip for an hour - FANTASTIC!!! Just see the boys at the diving place on the beach, 4 of us had an amazing time. The quad bike trip is brilliant - we did it through the hotel but lots of others did the trips alot cheaper - look on trip advisor for details.
Snorkelling is amazing. Most of the waiters are lovely, but you do see a difference if you give them a small tip every day - service levels fluctuate.
Must see Max - chap who works in the shisha tent on the beach, very entertaining and interesting, lovely chap.
Would we go back? No - we both have been quite unwell as have lots of others, seems to be the normal there. We did have a lovely time but there needs to be an improvement in a few things to make it the 5 star it sells itself as.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad