Don't want to repeat all the reviews previously, but will break it in to sections.
THOMSON - Flight was perfect both ways, Reps in the hotel customer service centre were very helpful and efficient. We did 2 trips booked through them and were asked for feedback etc, which made us feel valued as customers.
DINING - The food was fantastic, nomatter which restaurant we ate in. We tried all of them in the space of the week we were there. We became known to a couple of waiters in the main Fountain View restaurant and they looked after us each time we were in there. They cleaned and prepared our table each time we arrived. We never saw any issues with cleanliness that some others have noted. We made good use of the hand sanitiser in the restaurant although plenty of people didn't. Favourite restaurant for evening was Italian ut we could only get booked in once. Least favourite was Maharaba as it totally lacked atmosphere. Only problem we encountered was trying to order specific bottles of wine from the wine list (which we were prepared to pay for!) Most of them were unavailable which was apparently down to the troubles in Cairo hampering the transport of the stock. Not sure how true it was but could have been a reason.
SERVICE - Everyone was so helpful. Bar staff, waiting staff, room steward, towel guys, water sports folk, excursion people, Head Chef, shop owners. Cannot fault the attention to detail and everyone wants to make your stay as great as possible.
ROOM - LOVED our room. 1110. Swim up room with just a patch separating you from the beach. Bar guys serve you at the pool all day long. We didn't use any other pools in the complex because our swim up was so convenient and such heaven. The beds are massive, the bathroom superb and the terrace great. We met our neighbours and had some lovely chats whilst just lazing in the water. Bliss ! We were not in the adult only area but there was only one wee boy staying in our stretch and he was so well behaved. Sun moved round about 4pm but it is lovely to sit out and watch the world go by. We had 2 kissing birds and a crocodile made out of towels by Ahmed our room steward. He was fantastic and worked so hard !
ENTERTAINMENT - We did not go and see any of the shows as my partner works on a cruise ship and sees plenty of the kind of acts that were on offer, every day of the week. To be honest, by the time you go for a pre-dinner drink then meet your table time of 9pm or 9.30pm, it was almost 11pm by the time we finished dinner.... and we went for walks and off to the Clubhouse bar by the beach instead. I am sure the entertainment would have been good though. Plenty going on with the sports co-ordinators all day long. No time to be bored if an active holiday is your thing. It is not thrust in your face though and you can pick and choose what to get involved with. We used the gym a few times which was nice. Great views from up there.
EXCURSIONS - We did the trips through Thomson. Having been a resport representative many years ago, I knew the trips would have been evaluated for safety measures etc, so we felt confident going with them. We did the quad biking adventure which was great fun. We did the morning trip of this as I didn't fancy coming back in the dark ! I was lagging at the back whilst my own "007" was up front kicking up some dust....and a guide stayed with me the whole time, letting me take it at my own pace. Felt very safe at all times. Other trip we did was the VIP boat cruise on the saturday. It was great fun. Took a while to get to the port by the time you stop at hotels to pick up and then get the snorkelling gear. Top tip is make sure you order flippers (we didn't) as it make swimmming a lot easier ! The boat (which was lovely) goes to the coral reef where there is a tanker which hit the reef many years ago. (see photo). It then carries on to Tiran Island where you go for another snorkel. Then it is a BBQ lunch which was freshly prepared on the boat. Lots of sunbathing space on top deck. Final anchor down near Sharm harbour for last snorkel of the day. "007" was in his element whist I was more reluctant to get in. I did finally on the last one of the day and the diving guide was superb. Even when I was crying in to my mask and shaking like a big baby, he took me by the hand, gave me a ruber ring with the other to hang on to and showed me some amazing coral and fish. Dive guys were superb and very encouraging. So proud of myself for giving it a go !
OVERALL - We had a really relaxing time. Yes there are some parts of the hotel that are a little lifeless, but we preferred the peace and space. We went from 9-16 October and it was nice and quite. We reckoned about 70-80% full. It was ideal. Weather was fantastic, hot but not unbearably so. We would not go again because we always try somewhere different each holiday we have. I would however recommend it to everyone. We had a great time and were very impressed with the hotel. It made our visit to the Sinai Peninsula a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad