“TOTALLY FANTASTIC”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #33 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 21 November 2011

really couldnt fault this amazing hotel and staff excellent value for money the resturants and kids clubs are excellent and iam returning next yr have already booked .this is my 5th time in egypt and i honestly didnt think it could get any better but in sensatori we were treated like kings and queens and i LOVED IT

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Nicola M
Write a ReviewReviews (6,718)

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed in the Sensatori Sharm in November 2011, i had been going with my partner but we had broke up and i travelled with my best friend instead. I had booked a whirlpool room with a sea few and i have to say the view was amazing straight over the beach looking at Tiran Island and we used the whirlpool on 3 occasions and it was lovely to sit with a glass of wine and look at the view. The room was comfortable and was kept very clean and tidy during our stay.

Niggle No 1 - I would say however for a 5* hotel i would expect to have a separate shower and not an over bath one.

The food in the main buffet restaurant was lovely, and i am a fussy eater but was always able to get more than plenty from the wide variety on offer, i particularly loved the pasta station which is made up to your requirements in front of you also started with soup every day which was lovely and the selection of breads were a treat and very fresh, we also ate in the Italian and the American diner which were lovely but we were more than happy with the buffet. We ate in the outside area each night and our waiter Sam was extremely attentive and made all our meal times as absolute pleasure.

The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained and the pool areas were lovely.

Niggle No 2 - The pools were freezing, i mean they literally took your breathe away trying to get in

Niggle No 3 - it was nearly impossible to get a sunbed at the adult pool unless you were up at the crack of dawn

We ended up at the beach most days which was lovely and the beach waiter Mohammed was an absolute star we always had a drink and he was a pleasure to talk to and worked very hard

The drinks on the all inclusive where lovely we enjoyed the white wine and the cocktails were very wide ranging, we had a sensatori special most nights which consisted of gin, vodka, rum and tequilia!!! Also we had a lovely waited Ahmed in the Piano Bar and he was a credit to the Hotel

Niggle No 4 - For the size of the hotel the bar areas, i felt were not big enough, if you didnt go to the Piano Bar early you were unlikely to get a seat

I found the booking system for the restaurants fine, in any all inclusive there is a system and they are all based on first come first served, which is fair enough.

Reception staff were lovely and very efficient and pleasant

This would be my main complaint, as i said we were 2 girls on holiday the constant hitting on my the waiters/bar men gets annoying............you have to say no 100 times and it actually put us off going to certain areas due to the constant hassle, when your sunbathing and its you come out with me tonight every 5 minutes and when you say no they want to know why not and why are you nervous etc same in some of the bar areas.

In all i would say a lovely hotel and the view from our room was amazing, great food, fantastic weather, great service.......just a few wee niggles, i would go back but only as part of a couple

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kat402
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We had a great week at this wonderful hotel. We had a family room with a whirlpool on the balcony and it was absolutely lovely the view of the beach and sea was amazing! The staff are so friendly and accommodating and our rooms was kept spotlessly clean. All of the restaurants were great our favourite was the Italian the food was delicious. We met some lovely people (Tom and Claire) and had such good times out on the balcony bar drinking champagne! The Abba tribute band was fantastic especially after a few drinks - thoroughly enjoyed that. The staff at the beach vbar were amazing all our lovely Mohameds, they really looked after us so well. We have now stayed at the Sensatori in Crete, Tenerife and Egypt and I think this one is possibly the best, a close run contest between this and Tenerife. Please ignore bad comments about this hotel - you can't please all the people all the time!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank diane s
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Me (28yo) and my GF (21) went here from Nov 3rd 2011 to 17th nov 2011. This is a great hotel but I will start will a couple of tips as I know that you dont always read all the way through.

1. Makesure the men take long trousers as these will be needed in all the restaurants including the buffet. Thomsom fail to tell you this on the booking stage.

2. Makesure you use bottled water for everything even cleaning your teeth as my GF went down with a Gastro bug (caused buy bacteria in the water)

3. DONT buy anything from the shops in the hotel if you can help it as they are about 3 x the price of the shops around the corner and also when/if you do a old market visit you will stop at a super maket where you can get toileteries very cheap and also at the old market anything you could want is a alot cheaper. E.g. I stupidly bought a snokell from the hotel shops for 300 Egyptian pounds (app £30 english at 10-1) and they were only 90 egyptian in the market (app £9)

4. Take english money as they do take this and the exchange rate in the hotel is a lot better then it is in England and they usually work on a 10le to £1 so you loose out a bit.

Right now for all the praises! The pictures in the brochure and on here really do not do this place a true justice. It really is a beautiful place. Of course there are a few nigally bits that you would say could be improved on but you really need to remember you are not in England and the building etc is to a lower standard then at home. This aside it really is excellent.
We were greated at the airport by Sammy of the Guest relations team. He welcomed us warmly. We then took the 15 minute coach trip to the hotel where we were welcomed with a fruit drink and a cold flannel to cool us. We were then excorted to our room closly followed by our cases. We had a quick shower and then went to dinner. The food was excellent and service as that.

We spent a lot of the time around the main pool as this seemed to be the only one that was heated (one complaint). The drink service was great with them constantly being offered.
We did go to the beach a lot as well which was breath taking. You do need to get your towells out early to get the spots you want at the pool or beach but even if we were late we still found beds. Do makesure you snorkel off the end of the jetty its a completly different world under there!!

We tried all of the reaturant and think they were all brilliant although the Middle Eastern wasn't really my taste. The stone grill was really nice and the Tapanyaki was great too. Would like to say that Siaed in the main Fountain view buffet is a really nice man and will makesure you have a great stay, I really cant say enough about this man.

We did a couple of trips, firstly the Siani by starlight. This was really nice and a good one to do. We also did quad biking again a good trip. Cairo by air we did as well. This was good but do listen to the guide and take his advise. DO NOT give your camera to anyone even the police or security as they will try to rob you. DO go around with another couple if you can and DO NOT go behind the pyramids as they again will try to rob you. You will eat in a TGI Fridays which is actually a fake!! Good trip all the same. We went to the Old Market with Sammy which I really do recommend as he helps you to barter and takes you to the right places. We did this trip twice as he was brilliant.
We did go to Soho Sqaure in a taxi from the limo company in the holtel. This was £15 return, not bad really. DO go to the Ice Bar, its an experience to go from 30degress to -15.
Oh neally forgot it was about 30-35 degrees in November so take your san lotion.

We had a small crack in our bath which we noticed on day 1 and by day 2 we were re-roomed and given a complimentary meal in the stone grill which we usually is chargeable. Big thanks to all the Guest Relations for this.
Thank you to Sammy, Dawn, Nicky, Nick, Anja and Stella in the team they are brilliant and dont be shy to let them know if you do have any issues as they will sort it for you.

Just to finish I really dont know why people are putting this place down. The place and the staff is A+.

Room Tip: We were in the family section which are slightly bigger rooms but I probably would pay for a swim up...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Andy B
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I won't go on for ages but I have to say I'd give my 2 week holiday at this hotel a 9.9 out of 10!!!! It was a perfect winter getaway and all I can say is please don't listen to all the silly comments on here about the resort. We LOVED the restaurants, the swim-up room (1 Block) the entire staff from waiters, bar staff, reception, concierge, security, room cleaners & pool cleaners were 10 out of 10!!! They couldn't have been more helpful, kind, funny, attentive! It was my Mums birthday & we were given a lovely cake and a serenade in our room, plus a card from the hotel. All the staff eventually heard about the birthday celebrations and they bent over backwards to make it a special day. The food was about 9 out of 10...for this type of resort. I'm happy to say we both enjoyed our meals, in all the restaurants. Drinks were good too. Overheard many people moaning...but that's the Brits for you, never happy! If they can only find fault on the minor things I'm sure it'll be posted on here! The controversial "Beef Bacon" was actually rather nice, if you want pork bacon, don't travel to an Islamic country in my opinion?!? The swim up room was amazing. Hardly left it during our stay...why would you?! Mohammed the beach waiter came over throughout the day keeping us fed and watered and blazing hot sun from 7am to 4pm! I must say some rooms looked as though they lost the sun quite early in the day, hence why I'm saying stay in the 1 Block rooms!! Pool was VERY CLEAN, the filter was cleaned every HOUR....seriously who can moan about these things?! For a 2 week winter break costing £2800 we were happy overall and met some fantastic people (Diane, Mickey, Barbara, Paul, Janet & Brian!!) the entertainment was fine, but we're not really into that sort of thing, although everyone we spoke to loved the shows! We went to watch ABBA which was a laugh...especially when tipsy :) again I must stress just how amazing the staff are. I heard the Hotel Manager goes through the reviews, well I'm telling you as I'm sure you've heard before ALL of your staff work so so hard and they made our holiday fantastic. They looked after us from start to end and we will most definitely try and get back next year! I'm a person who holidays at least 3-4 times a year, and this was a hotel that has left me with happy memories! The only issue I have, which has nothing to do directly with the hotel, is that I was told that the clientele here would be of slightly more "discerning" quality. Although the majority were ok, near the end of my 2 weeks an entire coach load of extremely lower market people arrived, buggies everywhere and screaming drunk adults. At one point, 2 drunk couples had 2 babies in buggies in the bar at MIDNIGHT. Also there was a fight between two families by the pool with the threat of "I'm gonna stab you" disgusting behaviour! This truly dampened my holiday and this is something I will be highlighting to Thomson! Luckily as we were in a Swim Up room we didn't have to be anywhere near these guests and their children, Thank God!!! Overall an AMAZING holiday, left with a glowing tan and wanting to return!!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
13  Thank SingaporeLover
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We visited in the October break and stayed in a fab room in block 1 which was over looking the sea. The balcony had a whirlpool on it but it could have a little more private. The food was fab in the Fountain restaurant, Enjoyed our stay with super weather and super staff. The only thing i could moan about was the evening entertainment could have been earlier as my hubby and myself are early birds and go to bed quite early so we didn't get to see any of the evening entertainment. We did try other restaurants and found them just as good as the fountain. We would like to visit again next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank stefy1234
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Having spent a week in the hotel with my wife, daughter and three grandsons in October I was prepared to give it an excellent rating as the facilities were great, management efficient, rooms clean, staff friendly and food in the buffet pretty good.

Unfortunately on the penultimate day I went down with a horrendous stomach bug and was only able to get on to the return flight following a long session in the clinic having a rehydration drip, antibiotics and anti-nausea drug injections.

We had all been pretty careful with food selection and used bottled water for teeth cleaning etc and I was the only one of the party of six to succumb. When I returned home however a couple of people told me the infection had probably come from Egyptian banknotes, which I was handling regularly to tip the excellent staff. Apparently this is a quite well-known threat.

Anyway the bug is still returning on a fortnightly basis and I have put our planned Nile cruise on hold!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family