Stayed at the Sensatori Hotel from 29/01/2012 for 7 days with my wife but more about the hotel in a bit.
First a few words about Thomson and the flight's in and out of Manchester, no delays which was a good start!!
We had booked extra leg room for the flights because of the lengh of the journey but to be honest I would never book these again because our seats were by the toilets and we were constantly having people standing in our leg space while waiting to go the toilet,which has to be said is not their fault but when you have paid £100.00 extra !! for the seat's it is a wind up! Now seeing as the flight was over 5 and a half hours long you would expect some entertainment on the flight ....but No!. which led to the flight seeming a lot longer than what it was. Thomson really need to sort this and also no in- flight meals but they sell "snacks " at ridiculous prices!! and that is all the flight seemed to be the stewardesses constantly going up and down the aisle trying to sell you things at rip off prices..its getting a bit embarassing Thomson and very annoying.
Rant over , now for the hotel , booked in, in about 5 minutes with a non alcholic drink and warm face towels to freshen up .Our room (1225) was vey spacious with a massive very comfortable bed, flat screen t.v with a very good selection of channels and in all very clean.The complex is quite large with a decent amount of bars and restaurants and again we found it to be very clean. The main restaurant is the usual buffet style ,we found the food to be of very good quality and always hot as you enter there is hand gel available to use and a member of staff encourages you to use it although a lot of ignorant people choose not to,which brings me to the point of hygiene ..I could not believe the amount of ENGLISH people who do not wash their hands after using the toilets,you are disgusting and you know who you are!! and that is how the sickness is caused and not the hygiene standards of the hotel.
We went to the beach a couple of times but from a personal point of view I thought it could have been a bit cleaner there was quite a bit of rubbish at the sea edge and a lot of cigarette stumps in the sand again down to the ignorance of people who smoke but the hotel should have the beach cleaned every night/morning and this should solve the problem.So I prefered the pool areas the most.
What made our holiday was the staff who were brillant nothing was too much trouble for them and there is no pressure to tip, although we did at the end of our week, but it was well desevered!
We had no problem booking the other restaurants through the reservation system and we found the Arabic one to be the best, although the Italian was good too.
Again we had little problem getting a sunbed and we did not notice the usual putting towels out at 5am as we found in other resorts
All in all, a great relaxing holiday thanks to all the staff at the hotel ,altough the hotel is a very good hotel I think the Thomson hype is just that- HYPE! to get more money out of customers with their current sell,sell,sell attitude Even this would not put me off going to this hotel again but it is the staff who make it and not the travel company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad