Arrived Sharm airport Thursday evening, last week of February. 6 flights in at same time. Confusing, long winding queues - system is join queue for visa first, then join long queue for passport control. Our luggage was on last carousel (no.6) at far end. Friendly Egyptian staff with Sensatori boards, outside airport exit, guided us to bus.
Have small tip ready, for overworked guy putting baggage on bus, and change ready if you wish to tip hotel bell boy, who drives you in buggy to room, with baggage piled on the seats, Our buggy driver was very friendly and keen to show off the hotels features. Previously, at hotel reception check-in, provided with a cold drink and cold face towe, with 5 staff, on desk, to make it a quick and pain free process.
Welcome meeting, following morning, lasted 45mins, followed by Sami's walking tour that lasted over an hour, but well worth doing. We then had lunch in beach front Tiran Diner, which has great location and promised much. Waited a while for table to become available, but no problem as waitered drinks on hand from the bar. Food basically burger and chips, but meatballs worth trying, as well as small selection of desserts. Much better in evenings.
We had room in 3000's, which was cleaned in afternoons. Chose swim up pool, with very limited sea-view (best for sea-views are rooms in 1000s block, so try E-mailing a request before departure). Our room spacious with bed bigger than KingSize (Queen size?). Shower over bath not very powerful. Wi-Fi in room if you pay, but free in reception/ piano lounge area. In room; fridge, but no mini-bar which was surprising, and took time to figure out how to use air con.
Food in Fountain View (main restaurant) good with plenty of choice, and waitering staff quick and attentive. A little Arabic is much appreciated! Need to reserve table in 5 remaining restaurants, using 4 online kiosks located near reception concierge/piano bar/shops. Be prepared to join queues 10-15mins before 10am. Stonegrill and Japanese Gokan restaurant not part of all inclusive package. Our favourite was the Middle Eastern Marhaba. Look out for the guy playing the zither live in the corner of the Marhaba. Casa Bianca restaurant worth visiting but Tiramisu a bit average.
Main pool heated, but adult pool quite cold at this time of year. Hotel mostly visited by Brits, but guests from other countries also there. Plenty of loungers so no real rush in mornings to bag with a towel/book, but maybe we were lucky?
Bank open for obtaining small change around 1030am for couple of hours, and has a hole-in-the-wall cash dispenser. Small change very limited at reception. Lastly don't miss out on free champagne every evening at 1845hrs from bar near reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad