Returned from a holiday at the Sensatori on 13th Sep 12 having read reviews we went not knowing what to expect as some were variable and some good. We have been to Egypt perhaps 15 times and to Sharm at least 10.
We stayed in a superior room in the adult’s only section and it was great. Large comfy bed, whirlpool bath with mood lighting, with all the niceties, robes , slippers and a great view from the balcony.
We spent most of our days on the beach, which was good because getting a bed at the adult pool was difficult, due to the people putting out towels at 6 am, which was accepted by the staff, even though there was a notice on the towel station stating that it was not acceptable. My wife complained about this to reception and their answer was to take down the sign, which seems to be the Egyptian way of thinking. There is really not enough space around this pool for the number of guests, largely due to the fact that quite a bit of it is taken up with double shaded loungers, with a canopy above. The whole area around the adult pool could do with a bit of a redesign to enable more space for sun beds. As for the waiter service on the beach, some days it was very good, and some days you would not get a drink unless you fetched it yourself, not what I expect from 5 star hotel !
The main buffet restaurant, the Fountain view was as some people have said, a bit hit and miss, had some nice meals there but had a few times where the food wasn't great and one evening when no meat at all was served. We did eat at the other restaurants and were not overly impressed, the middle eastern did not have that much on the menu to our liking, and the Italian and American were well what can I say, authentic with an Egyptian interpretation, obviously this a personal thing and I hear a lot of positive comments from other guests. We did not try the other restaurants that you had to pay for on two counts:
(1) The holiday was already expensive in comparison to some other all inclusive
(2) We were not convinced that the food would be of a high enough standard to risk the cost. Just to let you know my wife and I are not fussy eaters, liking all types of food, however we are fussy when it comes to quality, preferring to dine where the menu is quality not quantity.
I am a diver but for those who don’t dive, the snorkelling is great from the pontoon jetty as the fish and coral really are good!
We are not really ones for the entertainment as we preferred to have a few drinks in the bar near reception and use the internet, we also used the bar near the adult area and the beach.
Which reminds me that I had to lose it with one of the staff in the bar one evening. After taking a seat outside the Club Bar near the adult’s area, one of the waiters saw us and said he would be over. He then proceeded to go and have a chat to some guests inside the bar and had not returned 20 minutes later. I had to go in and remind him that I had been waiting for 20 minutes and when was I going to get some service at which point he took my order. He then went to the bar and gave the order to the bar person and I went back outside to sit down. This bar has complete glass walls, so I was able to observe what was going on and the drinks were duly made and placed on the bar, in the meantime, the waiter had gone back to resume his conversation with the guests he was chatting to before. I let the drinks stand on the bar for another 10 minutes at which point, as the bar person who made the drinks came out and asked if I would like a drink, I lost it and said “Yes I would like the ones I ordered over 30 minutes ago please”. The bar waiter came back full of apologies with some excuse that his colleague had just returned from leave and was not quite with it. Call me picky but this type of behaviour I expect from a bar on the corner, I do not expect it from a 5 star hotel.
All in all a good holiday which we enjoyed let down by a few things.
My overall verdict:
Accommodation – Can’t fault the rooms, Luxury at its best
Food – Nothing to really set it apart from what can be obtained at most Egyptian 4/5 star hotels.
Facilities – Good standards throughout the hotel, though adults pool and lack of sun bed’s spoils it a little.
Value for money – This is an expensive hotel by package holiday standards and as such I expect the best.
Does it deliver, well not totally in my opinion, having stayed at other 5 star hotels (Hyatt regency for one) on a non all inclusive basis, I can get better value by booking a non all inclusive room and paying for meals.
Don’t get me wrong, if you drink a lot of alcohol and eat a lot of food, then yes it’s good, but as we don’t do either, it did not do it for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad