I have just returned from 10 days at Sensatori with my wife and teenage daughter. Having read some recent reviews I feel the need to provide a balanced view for anyone considering visiting this hotel.
I am fortunate to travel extensively with both work and for holidays to some top quality hotels and believe I can offer a review that will help.
The Sensatori is circa 18 months old and is built in a very modern style with a modern decor throughout.The layout of the site works very well and it is obvious that the designers have considered what customers are looking for today.There are separate areas to meet various customer requirements ie adult quiet pool, kids pool, private beach. The pool area flows nicely to the excellent sandy beach with a jetty over the coral to provide a great snorkeling opportunity. Sun loungers are top quality and we particularly liked the beach experience.
We booked a sea view room and requested high floor in a quiet spot which the hotel delivered The rooms are a good standard and a reasonable size. Our room had a great view of the pools and sea. The air conditioning is very good. The only odd element is that in trying to create a modern spacious feel the balcony is open which leaves you exposed to people occasionally walking past. Room cleanliness is good and 5* standard
A lot of nonsense seems to be written about the dining experience. This is a hotel exclusive to Thomsons in the UK with 95% of the guests British. The food and restaurants are varied in choice and again reflect UK tastes. The main Fountain buffet restaurant has a good choice, with great breakfasts with themed dinners. As an alternative you can go to 3 'free' A La Carte restaurants, Italian, American and Egyptian, we ate in two of these ALC several times and they were very good .Due to the design of the hotel it gave the feeling of 'going out' somewhere different.
Drink quality/variety is good and waiter service is very good and friendly with more staff at this hotel than I have experienced anywhere. I don't recognise some references made in other reports to long delays for drinks. The drinks service extends to the beach,
I rarely return to the same holiday destination as the 'world is a big place' but If I wanted guaranteed late Autumn sunshine, without long haul travel, in a quality environment I would return to Sensatori
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort puts you just footsteps from the sand. It is set on a beach overlooking Ras Nosrani Bay across 37 scenic acres of landscaped gardens fronting a stretch of over 600 meters of pristine sandy beaches. Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh Resort is located across Tiran Island and close to the world-famous Ras Mohammed National Park, both considered to be two of the best diving spots in the world. The resort is also conveniently situated near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, the city centre, marina and the various attractions in and around Sharm El Sheikh. BALANCE and CHOICE, running through the whole Sensatori experience. On the one hand there are action-packed activities; on the other, ultra-relaxing spa treatments. Likewise, gourmet cuisine sits alongside fast food. The secret to it all and the main focus lies in the attention to details. The hotel offers 470 guest rooms and suites categorized to 19 room/suite types, all dressed in modern stylish fixtures and furniture. All rooms are equipped with electronic key lock, 32” LCD television and 40” in suites, mini bar, safe box, iPod docking station, iron/ironing board, tea and coffee kettle and a luxury bathroom with a Jacuzzi bathtub and mood light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sensatori Sharm El-Sheikh By Coral Sea Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- Sharm El-Sheikh Conrad