“A great holiday!”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #33 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 18 January 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated as honoured guests. A complimentary drink and a warm towel greeted us in reception, our cases were put onto a buggy and carried to our room. The service throughout our stay could only be described as courteous and caring - in the restaurants, at the towel bar, on the huge private beach and at the snack bars. The cleanliness everywhere (including the polishing of the rubbish bins!) was of the highest standard. We appreciated the wide selection of food in the fountain view restaurant at every meal and enjoyed being able to experience 'silver service' in several other restaurants. The all-inclusive option was brilliant.
With such good weather, we summarised our time away at the Sensatori as 'a dream holiday'.

Room Tip: As adults we asked for a room in the adults only area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Martyn W
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Martyn W,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your “dream holiday”. Your review was a pleasure to read and one I would like to share with my team.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Write a ReviewReviews (6,720)

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

We booked very last min with high praise from a family member who visited this hotel in 2013.
Had a few nice touches on arrival like Sensatori only bus, so no long waits dropping around other hotels.
It was fantastic on arrival to the hotel, all the staff are really nice and made a special effort with our children (5&6), especially Ahmed in the bar by the kids pool. Ahmed even made the boys a nice hot chocolate when they got out the pool later in the day (when the weather was cooling off) which was very thoughtful.
The food at the hotel is amazing, We ate in a range of the restaurants available even the stone grill which is a paying service but the food is very reasonable and very nice. Even in the all you can eat restaurant (Fountain) the food was very well cooked and they had a nice range on offer. I honestly didn't have a bad meal or feel choice restricted the whole week.
The hotel is right on the beach and has a walkway out over the sea which is nice especially for my children who didn't really want to get in with all the beautiful fish but could see perfectly off the pier.
The drinks are good with a decent cocktail list and are available from lots of pool bars and bars in the hotel.
They have an amazing kids club available most nights for an hour before the hotels evening entertainment starts.
I really haven't got a bad word to say about this hotel, we went to Egypt twice last year in January and September to a Thompson platinum but the Sensatori wins hands down. We have already been looking at booking a summer holiday at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank CBuko
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear CBuko,

Thank you very much for your lovely review, I am really pleased we lived up to your expectations after the high recommendation from your family. It would be our pleasure to welcome your family back later in the year for a summer holiday, please let me know in case I could be of any assistance.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We were looking for some winter sun to start 2014 - Sensatori Sharm was a great place to do that.
The hotel is only a couple of miles away from the airport (about a 15 min transfer) and is a large self contained complex (there are another 2/3 hotel complexes close by).
It's great! It has almost everything you could want from an all inclusive resort - Good restaurants, nice communal areas, great pools, adult only zones, swim up rooms, brilliant private beach, perfect gym and spa & good bars and entertainment. Staff were also really nice and good fun.
Weather was good (we were there the first week of January) 22-25 degrees every day and mainly blue skies. Sun rises about 8am and sets about 4pm, so they feel like short days, but that's no problem if you get up early to enjoy the sun!
For a chilled out week in the sun with good food, drinks and venue, the Sensatori Sharm is definitely a good choice!

Room Tip: Adult swim up rooms are great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Livo1978

Dear Livo1978,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh. I am happy to read you have enjoyed your winter break and hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

1st time in Egypt wasn't disappointed top class hotel and service excellent choice of restaurants, quick transfer from airport and staff very friendly and helpful, weather was good temp 23-25 every day wish I was back there instead of rainy glasgow .

Room Tip: Rooms 3101-3110 swim up rooms have sun till sunset.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank John M

Dear John M,

Thank you a lot for your excellent review, I am glad to have been able to make your first stay in Egypt a good one. I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

3rd time to sensatori sharm and just as amazing as the first time.there for one week over new year , weather fab and staff just as attentive. Great to be recognised by the staff from previous visits. Food great, service great,staff awesome! Don't read and believe negative reviews, you will love this place.

Room Tip: Sea view definitely. Pay the extra you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Julie C,

I would like to thank you for your comments but I would like to thank you especially for your continued support shown by returning back to us time and again. It is lovely to read that after your third stay you continue to enjoy your holidays here and I hope to welcome you soon for your fourth visit. In case I could help in any way you may think possible, please contact me.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great place. Would love to visit again as we visit every year. My biggest complaint was the bed quality
Mattress and pillows awfull. I took two Nurofen every morning because the mattress was so hard and pillows of really cheap quality and also hard. I had pillows changed after 3 days to soft pillows but they also arrived they were not filled with feather or down but cheap synthetic stuff. Day 8 I complained about mattress as my backache got worse along with headache I was told no problem they would change mattress Guess what they did Bought a thin mattress topper. Thinner than a duvet. This was there solution. I told them straight away this wasn't going to help to the guys doing it who told me we will speak to our supervisor but no one got back. 14 night holiday with a headache

The hotel was great the staff in fountain rest also fantastic the only complaint I have is the service for the drinks area in the family pool side was atrocious You only got asked for drinks if you tipped. I believe in tipping after I got the service not before. This is an all inclusive hotel of good quality not what I expected . We were quiete offended along with a few of the other holiday makers that the tall guy who was on drinks in the family area would walk past us to the guests who were tipping and ask them and was very friendly with them if they would like drinks we had to ask and was always greated differently. A lot of us found this problem and found it very offensive

Hotel really nice
Food good

This is a Note for the management
Shame there wasn't an Indian restaurant on site as one thing I know about the British is they like there indian curries.
We visited two indian restaurants whilst in sensatori and found nearly half the people in the restaurant were from our hotel.
I own a indian restaurant and I suggest you turn the stone grill into an paying indian restaurant I guarantee this will do very well. And will be fully booked every night

Ferhana1@me.com

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ferhana1
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Ferhana1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us. Bed comfort can be a personal preference as whilst some enjoy a hard mattress others prefer something soft. However, one of our most common requests from guests is to know the brand of mattress we use as they had never slept in a more comfortable bed, even our bedroom comfort score is over target. The bedding is of a very high quality and is anti-allergenic, since down and feathers are now very common causes of allergies and asthma. Moreover, the synthetic material we use is much more hygienic for all guests. I am sorry that your stay was marred by your quality of sleep. Perhaps before your next visit you could notify us of your stay in advance and your special request and we can prepare something more suitable for you.

I feel sorry also that you felt the staff only provided a good service after being tipped. It is against hotel policy and reports of such behavior are taken very seriously, this shall be investigated further. However, from experience with our team and guests, we are nearly 100% sure that our services are not conditioned by whatsoever. You might have seen a guest or more tipping, but this is not an indication to conditional service. Yet, as I said, this shall be thoroughly investigated.

Thank you also for your suggestion of including an Indian restaurant. We already have an “Indian Corner” at lunch within the main buffet that serves Indian cuisine daily, and an Indian night also at main restaurant where almost all food is Indian themed. However your suggestion has been noted for future consideration.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

As seasoned Thomson cruiser,s we were recommended this resort as an equivalant to a cruise because of the offer of all inclusive meals and drinks plus live entertainments package and it did live up to our expectations.The hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpfull and kept everything spotlesly clean, Out of the six restaurants on site we ate at five and found the food to be excellent,bedrooms were found to be very large and we'll equipt, as it was my birthday during my stay I was surprised to find a birthday cake and card from the hotel in my room.
We would certainly recommend this fantastic hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoffrey B

Dear Geoffrey B,

Thank you for your comments and your recommendation. Thomson cruises are renowned for their high quality and popularity, it is a credit to us to have lived up to your high expectations as an equivalent and I hope we can welcome you again soon as our returning guests.