“Sensatori”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #34 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 10 May 2014

An enjoyable hotel .... Requested and got a top floor room with both pool and sea view .. Room 2502 almost next door to the spa.. Room is excellent size only thing missing in a 5 star is a stocked fridge, few beers along with some mixers would be nice.. Bed was comfortable and tv channel choice was ok , but the room wasn't booked to watch a tv ... Pool area was good with excellent service all day by waiters , spent most days by the infinity pool... Waiters worth a mention here a Ahmad, Ramy, Kamel all great lads and went that extra mile to entertain as well as a constant supply of drinks .. Buffet restaurant ok good selection, themed restaurants good - Middle eastern (Maharba)by far the best and also has the best waiters, special mention to Mostafa who I trusted to select food for me on a number of occasions and each time delivered a superb dish. The Italian is ok but lacks Italian ambience, the diner on the beach I thought was poor again no real atmosphere .... Didn't try the stone grill or Japanese my view is that all a la carte restaurants in a 5* hotel should be free.

Tried the spa - had an excellent cucumber,peppermint wrap which certainly eased the sun burn .. Well worth the money..

Evening drinking areas do lack a bit of atmosphere as they are not designed for people to sit together and have a bit of banter.. Could be easily resolved with a few more seats and maybe a bit of music..

Overall a great holiday and would definitely consider if I was to return to Egypt ... Maybe Thomsons should take a look at other quality 5* hotels to adopt some of the usp's that make them stand out - I'm thinking Riu or Excellence

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MellowmanEngland
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear MellowmanEngland,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent holiday. I am sorry that you have felt some areas lacked atmosphere but glad that overall you have enjoyed your stay. Thank you also for your special mention of Mostafa, your positive comments shall be conveyed.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you again to Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a swim up room facing the beach, fabulous.The rooms spacious and clean, I would personally not class it has a 5* as furniture, fittings and bathroom are not up to that standard.
The staff in the restaurants and bars etc are very friendly. All inclusive, plenty of food and choices at meal times, 6 restaurants, 4 you have to book in advance, 2 others are not included in the ordinary inclusive package. The Italian was very good.
We took sterling they have machines in the foyer which will change sterling into other currencies for around £1.00 charge, we got 11.8 Egyptian pounds per sterling £1.00.
There are shops in the hotel, usual tourist plus a small like supermarket. Adjacent to the hotel there are independant shops which offer better prices and you can haggle. We tried archery lessons 2 afternoons which were very good, we may take it up as a sport now. The snorkling is very good.You can also have scuba diving lessons.There is entertainment in the Sanai theater every night 9.45-10.45 for adults, ranging from Broadway songs, abba, elton john tribute evenings performed by resident entertainers, not bad at all.
Thomson have control over 95% of the hotel, so the hotel is not full of Russians, the other 10% is split between other European countries.
, We flew with Thomson airways, the temperature was quite cold and uncomfortable (both ways) and not only our flight apparently. No in flight entertainment, food which had to be purchased from a take a way menu! was dreadful, over priced and rubbish.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LynKel

Dear LynKel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I am particularly happy that you have been able to experience new things whilst away since you have discovered you enjoy archery so much you would like to continue to practice at home. I hope you have equally enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that we might welcome you again soon as our returning guests.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just returned from an amazing week at this hotel, and would absolutely recommend to anyone. We arrived pretty late in the evening but the whole process was very smooth. We had a jaccuzi room over looking the beach room 1208 it was a perfect location close to everything and a view to die for. What a lovely experience taking your bath under the stars over looking the ocean. The room was cleaned daily and spotless the cleaner was really friendly and do anything for you. Having read reviews on here about sun beds I was a little nervous of the thought I had to get up early to get a bed ...but no need to worry lots available on the beach. We didn't go around the pool area it was so lovely spending the day on the beach and was waited on all day long with drinks. Food was brilliant we ate in the main restaurant most evenings but had a night in the egyption and Italian and enjoyed both. Breakfast is fab so much to chose from. We went away to relax and train and the gym was functional able to have a good work out every night ( I know how crazy are we ) also throughout the day there's lots of keep fit classes going on or if you fancied something lighter yoga on the beach every day at 4pm.
I've returned home fully re charged after a wonderful week, and will definitely return here.

Room Tip: Rooms In the 1200 block with a sea view are by far the best location. Another tip pre book your seat...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank mandy7118

Dear mandy7118,

Thank you for your review and your recommendation. It is understandable that some negative comments could make you worried, but every guest has a different expectation from their holiday and a different opinion so it is always best to experience everything first hand. Whilst some guests will strive to get up early to ensure they have their favourite sun bed for the day, we have a sufficient number of beds throughout the hotel for all guests. Moreover the recreation team are always on hand to help you find a sunbed in your desired location no matter what time you arrive to the beach or pool.

I am glad all in all you have had a great week away and look forward to welcoming you again as our returning guests.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location, accomodation, facilities, entertainment and staff were all excellent. We were a family group of nine with ages ranging from 19months to 75years and we all had a great time for the 11 nights we were there.
The quality and choice of meals served in the various restaurants was first class and we will definately be returning for another holiday there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Keith G

Dear Keith G,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am really pleased you have had a lovely family holiday here and look forward to welcoming you again. Please let me know if I could help with anything.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have had great holidays at Sensatori and we always book for a family swim up room. We went at Christmas time and stayed in room no 2112 which is a lovely room and had a view to die for. The staff are lovely and food also. The kids voted to go back again. My husband went to Thomson paid £350.00 deposit (which they still have) went through the process of booking our family swim up suite (as we dont want any other room,as it makes the holiday so special). The agent couldn't complete the booking. This was due to our Daughter being 13 this Christmas they class (Thomson) her as an adult at that age, how stupid is that. I emailed the manager at sensatori Mohamed Shaarawi to get a reply back from Mohamed Safty, saying it’s down to Thomson as they are the booking agents for the hotel.

The brochure doesn't stipulate an age restriction on these rooms, the wording is as follows: Sleeps: Varies - min 2, max 4 Swim up family room sleeps up to 4 with a king-size bed and 2 day beds. There’s a sliding partition between each sleeping area for added privacy.
The swim up pools are acclimatised in winter.
The reply back from Thomson is as follows:-

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your email regarding your Holiday plans to Egypt.

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment through not being able to confirm the Family Swim up room at the Sensatori Sharm for your family. I have taken a look at the Sensatori and can confirm that the Family Swim up rooms can sleep up to 4 people on the basis of 2 adults and 2 children at the age of 12 years or under, there is occupancy ruling that as to be abide by and unfortunately this can not be changed. I have also taken a look at the availability and there is currently 2 x Family swim up rooms available which would be suitable for your family.

If there is anything else I can help with then please do not hesitate in contacting.

Kind regards,

Vicki Marsden
Pre Travel Communications
Thomson Holidays

So in effect they want us to split the 4 of us up (2 kids and Parents) want us to book 2 separate rooms in order to obtain the swim up room, This is disgusting, Our children are aged 11 and 13, they are kids. I am really disappointed. The room is of an adequate size, the 2 beds suit adults or kids. Just be aware when booking. They just want to obtain more money and not really interested on my children’s safety!
Looks like we will have to get our deposit back and book elsewhere as Sensatori and Thomsons Customer Care doesn't exist!! Really sad as we love the place and the staff!

Room Tip: Be aware of your age restrictions on the family swim rooms, they class 13 year olds as adults and wa...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Karen M
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for your review.

I'm really sorry you feel that way towards us, but I'm sure that part of what you would come back for in our hotel is our customer service and care. We really can’t do anything about this situation. This is how the rooms’ capacity was made and guest’s convenience was the prime target when assigning maximum capacity for each room type. Noting that whatever the age we would consider for a child, there will always be “that age + 1 day” where a person will become ineligible and someone might not be happy!

If I could be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me as before.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back from here last night after a weeks holiday. Brilliant hotel and wonderful setting for a relaxing holiday. The staff were friendly and funny. The restaurants and food brilliant. Great variety in the Fountain buffet restaurant where we did breakfast and lunch and then we'd choose one of the other three a la carte included in the all inclusive for dinner which is so nice to be able to do. Lets just say the waistline has expanded. My favourite was the Marhaba.. staff were very accommodating and I just loved the good but the others were also extremely good. The pools and beach areas were lovely and I loved the snorkeling off the end of the jetty but just fish spotting from the jetty is fun too! The staff at the pool and beach were always there to assist and bring drinks. Our room was very clean and comfortable with lovely view over the adult pool to the sea. .. We'd booked an adult superior room. ... plenty of tea coffee in room and two large bottles of water daily. We loved the evening entertainment in the piano bar. . Tom and Jon are brilliant musicians with great choice of songs. Transfers to and from hotel are very quick and easy. I've stayed in Conrad and hilton hotels in maldives and mauritius which are amazing and taking into account the whole package and value for money for me this hotel gives me pretty much as good as an experience especially when consider how much closer to home it is too! I never felt like i was on a typical 'package holiday'. My first visit to Egypt and Sensatori... hopefully not my last. Well done Sensatori!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelbunny2009

Dear Travelbunny2009,

Many thanks for your comments, I am glad we could make your first visit to Egypt and indeed your first Sensatori experience a memorable one. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back as our returning guests in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just returned from our fourth family Easter trip to Sharm El-Sheikh and our second visit to the Sensatori. The staff, facilities, food and beautiful location made for a great holiday for three generations including a seven-year old, and a four-going-on-five-year-old whose birthday was celebrated in style thanks to the efforts of Sensatori staff at the family pool and in the Stone Grill where we dined that night.
One slight quibble - the high cost of Wifi in room - we would have purchased if it hadn't been so high and had been for multiple applicance use - and I imagine many other people would have done too given the number of guests who gathered in reception daily to use the free wi-fi.

Room Tip: There is a room for everyone - just specify your needs. For the second time we were located by the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Joanne G,

Thank you for your review and your support. I am glad you have had a lovely family holiday and that your daughter enjoyed her birthday celebrations with us.

The free WiFi zone has already been extended and we are working still for further improvements.