Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
  • Pool
US$112
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$102
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$79
US$86
US$63
US$214
US$173
Grand Rotana Resort & Spa(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$98
US$48
US$60
US$52
6,857 results
All reviewspiano barstone grillswim up roomtiran dinerfountain view restaurantadult poolcoral seafishfamily poolbuffet restaurantmain poola la carte restaurantsour favouritegreat holidaymain restaurantevening entertainmentcouldn't do enough
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was my fourth stay at Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh, as expected everything about this hotel was fantastic. The food offered in the many different restaurants was delicious as always, and all the staff there were helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. In particular I'd like to mention Ahmed Joe, who works at the Tiran bar during the day. He was attentive all day every day, always bringing bottles of water to everyone at the beach first thing before asking if we'd like anything else. The lifeguard and towel guys at the beach were fantastic, giving us useful tips for snorkelling and had our 'usual' sun beds ready for us every morning.

After 4 visits to this amazing place, I still can't fault anything. It gets better every time and I'm already deciding which type of room I fancy next summer! Having stayed in a swim up sea front room, a pool view room twice and one round the back of the adult section, I have been happy with every location as all the rooms are immaculate with huge comfy beds and all the facilities you'd expect from such a high standard hotel.

The excursions offered from the Guest Relations team have something for everyone, whether it's an afternoon trip snorkelling, star gazing in the dessert or a flight to Cairo to see the pyramids, there's so much on offer. Or simply stay at the hotel enjoying the fantastic weather and top notch service...!

Thanks to all for another perfect holiday!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank SophADW
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear SophADW,

I would like to thank you for your review but especially for your support as one of our loyal guests. It is especially lovely to read that your holidays get better and better. We strive to continually improve and it is very encouraging when our efforts are recognized and appreciated.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back next summer. Please contact me any time if I could help in any way.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The restaurants were good, but not worth visiting the pay restraurants! Shouldn't be classed as all inc as it wasn't ! Jacuzzi on balcony was not private even though the brochure made out it was ! And entertainment was poor! You have to pay extra for intetnet and pool! Doesn't compare to other all inc that we have been to

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Yeagers

Dear Yeagers,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you have enjoyed a relaxing holiday but sorry you were disappointed by the all inclusive concept, the details of which are clearly stated at the time of booking. Whilst there are payable upgrades available for additional restaurants, drinks, activities and internet, there is still an extensive free WiFi zone, a large variety of free activities and numerous all inclusive restaurants. The extras do not take away from the extensive range of amenities already offered but add that little extra to those seeking more.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week at the beginning of June, it was absolutely amazing! We stayed in a family room 3110 with a swim up pool and we could not fault it. We will definitely stay here again. By far the best hotel we have stayed in. Food was great especially the stone grill restaurant. Don't have a bad word to say about it

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Simone_N999

Dear Simone_N999,

Many thanks for your feedback of your recent week away. I’m really pleased to know you’ve had an amazing holiday and hope to welcome you and your boyfriend again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first time in Egypt and first at a Sensatori, overall we had a great time. We had a jacuzzi room but if we returned I'd definitely go for a swim up. The al a cartes were great particularly the middle eastern. We never had an issue getting a booking but weren't there in peak season. The room and hotel in General was clean and well appointed. The staff were great particularly round the pool - you didn't have to leave the sun lounger all day - they waited on you non stop for drinks/snacks.

The reef off the resort is great for marine life for diving/snorkelling. We also used the on site dive company and they were great - but it's cheaper to book online before you travel for the diving so that's worth knowing.

The negatives were the buffet restaurant wasn't great for dinner. The in room mini fridge was empty you had to pay for it to be filled, something we are used to being included at other places. Also the pools were freezing cold and could do with being heated at cooler times of the year.

If we returned to Egypt we would stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sjo2015

Dear sjo2015,

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased we made your first visit to Egypt and also your first Sensatori experience an enjoyable one.

The swimming pools are acclimatized during the winter period. The temperature of the pools are taken twice per day and maintained at around 27 degrees. However on some days when the air temperature drops it can make the water feel colder.

Overall I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Egypt.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had our best family holiday yet at the Sensatori Sharm-el-Sheikh. We travelled with our 2 girls ages 4 and 18 months.

From the moment we arrived we felt well and truly relaxed and looked after. We didn't arrive at the hotel until around 10.30pm and were sent straight to the buffet restaurant for a late dinner, after which a golf buggy was waiting outside to take us straight to our swim-up family room. We were in 2111, directly facing the beach and jetty. The room itself was nice and roomy and very comfortable, and the pool and beach view outside was just beautiful. We had a sliding partition which the girls slept behind and this worked well for us. We didn't bother to pay Thomson for the privilege of our baby sleeping in a cot, we just used a hotel travel cot for free and she slept really well - the blackout curtains were a huge plus! The sofa/day bed our other daughter slept on was also perfectly comfortable. I wasn't keen on the pillows but found the slightly smaller one more comfortable. The air con wasn't particularly effective for the first few days but one day some men came round to look at the air con in all the rooms along our row and suddenly we were blasted with cold air which was lovely (though then we all developed coughs!). We were very lucky to have wonderful neighbours who we socialised with every day as we whiled away our days in the pool outside the room. I recommend packing a couple of lilos as there is only one sunbed on the terrace, and we stayed much cooler this way and could always get to the sun when it moved on from our terrace after 3pm. We had a waiter called Mohamed who brought us drinks, crisps etc every day - he was wonderful and is one of the people who made our holiday. He waited on us hand and foot and was so lovely, he is a real credit to the hotel. He was based at the Clubhouse on the beach. Our room cleaner (El Sayed I think his name was) was also fantastic and worked so hard to keep our room clean and tidy.

We never bothered to join the queue of people wasting their holiday trying to book restaurants when the machines opened at 10am - it wasn't necessary as long as you booked the maximum 2 days in advance (can't speak for school hols though). I just did it every day after I collected my daughter from kids' club nearby at around 12. Of the restaurants, the Tiran was our favourite in terms of setting on the beach, and the menu was also appealing with tasty food. The children's options here were good too. My husband liked the Marhaba as he loves spicy food, as a non-spice lover I managed to find things to eat. The Italian was very stylish and the food was pretty good (I recommend the carbonara), but it's only average compared to, say, our local Italian restaurants so not quite sure why people rave so much. Still enjoyed it though. Service was good in all 3, particularly the Marhaba where the manager was very interested in our thoughts on the menu and food.

I personally wasn't too keen on the buffet restaurant, which is mainly because of my personal taste, as I don't like Egyptian food, but also didn't want to be one of those people who goes abroad and eats from the British corner so I struggled a bit but this is not down to the hotel. Don't get me wrong though, there is something for everyone, e.g. pasta counter, salads, British counter etc, but as I tended to have the pasta at lunch I didn't want it for dinner as well. We only ate in there on the first and last nights though as we found using a buffet stressful with our 2 stalkers (i.e. our children). Breakfast in the fountain view was very good, although I really did miss pork and avoided the meat (I just don't want beef bacon or beef/chicken sausages!). This was the only aspect of the Crete Sensatori that I preferred. Staff in the Fountain View were wonderful, particularly Ahmed who played with our younger daughter every day. Drinks orders were always taken speedily and kept topped up and the staff were all brilliant with the children.

Kids club and creche were fantastic - all the staff were so friendly and really helped make the kids feel at ease. My only slight niggle would be the timing of the afternoon kids club sessions - they were 1.30 til 2.30 then 3 til 4. You had to pick them up in the half hour gap which was a real pain as our room was on the other side of the (very large) resort. We gave up on the 1.30 session in the end and switched to mornings 10 til 12. One 2 hour session would have been much better and would have tied in nicely with the afternoon creche session to give parents more of a break if they want it.

Entertainment was a mixed bag, some very good (we loved J'nay/Jon from the X Factor and the Wickedly Broadway show, and our daughter loved Russell the Brussell and Ben/Amy in the kids' show. The Beatles tribute was a bit bizarre - not sure you can really have a Beatles tribute band with 2 women in it! We did find the timings a little bit difficult with the kids' show though - by the time we came in from the pool it was a rush to get ready for dinner (and we like a pre-dinner drink), then eat dinner in time to get to the show at 8pm, particularly in the a la carte restaurants. We usually only caught the last 15 mins of the show, then had to wait 45 minutes after that for the rest of the entertainment to start. It would be better if the kids' show was on at 7ish (preferably for longer, e.g. 7 til 9) so we could get ready, go to that and then have dinner, then get back for the adult entertainment. Must be hard to suit everyone though with all the different ages of kids. In Majorca last year they had a kids disco at 7pm then the bit aimed at kids went on for longer with no long gaps so you could either go early or late and not feel you were missing out.

The beach was lovely, snorkelling fantastic, weather fantastic, cocktails were nice enough (they need to update their menus to reflect the fact that mojitos are actually included in the all inclusive now). The kids' pool with the slides was brilliant for them and was surprisingly quiet! I felt they managed to keep the adults-only sections in this hotel quite well segregated, much more so than Crete. We had an absolutely fantasic time and any minor points in no way affected our enjoyment of this holiday - we will definitely be back. The staff are a real credit to the hotel. As for the review further below where someone has claimed otherwise - this could not be further from the truth and I can only assume they were rude and obnoxious themselves.

Room Tip: Family swim-ups in block 2 were in an amazing location facing the beach and convenient for everything.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Holiday_Obsessive

Dear Holiday_Obsessive,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive feedback on your recent family holiday with us. It is very helpful for us and I am sure future guests will also appreciate the information you have provided.

I am happy to read you have enjoyed your holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. If I could be of assistance at any time please let me know.