“superb”

Ranked #20 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
exeter
“superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We have just returned from a week at Sensatori, we were recommended by a friend and it certainly did not disappoint... 5* service - 5* room - in fact 5* everything, stunning pools, the sea and snorkelling are second to none, the little extra's and attention to detail make it really special.

Food: I am not a fussy eater but I do expect good quality given what we paid, it did not disappoint, the Italian was especially good, delicious food..

The hotel grounds are exemplary, the staff work so hard to keep it perfect as is the whole hotel.
we read the reviews about mosquitos so went armed with everything required, we didn't see a single one the whole week and had no bites whatsoever! All the staff are so friendly and polite, nothing was too much trouble! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and will most certainly be booking again next year!

Thank you Sensatori for a wonderful, relaxing week..

Room Tip: We had room 2206 fabulous, pools right outside the door!
3 Thank naps2731
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear naps2731,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am very glad we have lived up to the recommendation you have received from your friend and you enjoyed a relaxing week away with us.

I look forward to welcoming you again next year as our returning guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could help.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,275)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Weston super Mare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We really enjoyed our holiday at this Hotel. The Hotel and grounds are immaculate. All the staff were attentive and friendly. Availability around pools if you get there at six in the morning. The staff at the "Club House" by the beach were exceptional, Ahmed, Ebrahim, Mohamed and Baher providing us and other quests all day and evenings with great service and friendliness. Special mention to Arm at reception for all his help. Not as Sensatori as we imagined it to be but we still had a great time.

2 Thank MaurMick
Dear MaurMick,

Thank you for your comments and especially your kind words about our team working at the Clubhouse, your gratitude shall be passed to them. I am sorry if we haven’t entirely met your expectations but glad you had a great two weeks with us overall and hope we can welcome you again soon.

Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

So... stayed 2 weeks 21st June - 5th July.

I have to start by saying that you always have to put Egypt into context for what it is.. assuming you understand that everyone wants a tip and service is better if you tip then you can get past everything else..

In reality this is no different to any decent 5* resort in Egypt. The reason I mention this is during the welcome meeting with Thomson the poor girl had to read some awful pre-prepared speech about each of us having a "sensatori moment" on holiday... what a load of.. :) There is nothing particularly different about this from other resorts.... I think it's a poor attenpt at creating a brand when you don't create a unique point about it.... Although this isn't to put the team down from Thomsons as they we're great... I guess they are forced to babble out that stuff :)

The resort itself is lovely, clean and well laid out. Food is very good in terms of quality and variety especially for Egypt and you really can't complain about anything there. Rooms are very clean - we stayed in 1217 (one of the jacuzzi rooms on the front) and everything was fine. Mohamed our cleaner was fantastic and Mahmoud (if that's how you spell it) by the main pool was also fantastic. Entertainment was a lot better than I thought it was and the Monday night comedy was a highlight.. very funny. The fact they have UK entertainers and staff really make this different to a lot of places. Service was generally very good from everyone.

Rather than concentrate on the good points like everyone does I'm going to point out a couple of little issues which mean it's not quite as high a rating as I would have given it... It may be I'm being a bit petty here as we really enjoyed our 2 weeks and whilst we're not likely to go back again as we like to see new places I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this to anyone..

Therefore, couple of points which let it down:

1) they have a policy of collecting towels and beds not being used at 8am so if you're not by your bed at 8am and have put down towels before to save a spot you lose your stuff to the towel hut. I think this is a super idea... we're usually down by 7am anyway for the sun but I did see some people get annoyed as the signs by the towel hut are small and there isn't any notices anywhere else. The really annoying thing is that if you pay the guys money they'll save you beds which is completely contrary to the policy... we're all inclusive the same so why should some people get preferential treatment if they pay extra.. didn't bother us but I can see it grates on some people.

2) The bottled water is never cold enough.. ok we went in the hot part of the year so nothing is cold enough but the water is largely warm to cold ish.. in the main buffet the water is on the table and is usually warm. Water by the pools isn't that cold. Also when you ask for ice in the main buffet it's touch and go if it turns up

3) waiter service in the a la carte's is good. In the buffet its touch and go. Most of the waiters are very good but drinks service can be slow and sometimes goes to the wrong table - yes shame on you whoever took our drinks and didn't wonder why a random waiter brought drinks you didn't ask for but you still drank them anyway haha. Although food is very good. yes it's not 5* a la carte in the buffet but it's a buffet... I loved it

4) I have a bug bear about charging for extra's so we didn't eat at the two pay restaurants - didn't see the point... on and don't do the dinner on the beach it's in front of the restaurant on the beach and we had dinner in there staring at the people having dinner on the beach.. romantic for them :)

5) We had a jacuzzi room, the views are great but there is no privacy to the ones next to you so you can easily see people in their jacuzzi and vice versa.. I would have made these more private.. Not that I'm saying I wanted to get frisky in mine but people saying hello to you when you're relaxing in it isn't romantic..

6) There is no mini-bar and you have to pay for it (you get a bottle of water a day)... the mini bar should be stocked with soft drinks and the occasional beer as it's nice to have a drink on the balcony / terrace. Also you can't take drinks back to your room from the bars without them putting it in a paper cup... really?!? I'm not asking to get blind drunk from my mini bar but the odd drink would have been nice

7) Free wifi is in reception only although you can occasionally get it by the pool sometimes. It's largely rubbish and it looks awful when you have 50 people standing in reception frantically trying to facebook or skype someone... they should make it more freely available in other areas. I did use the chargeable wifi which is available in zones around the resort as I checked my work emails - this was fast but stupidly expensive.. bring the cost down more people will use it. They should stop advertising free wifi in my view.. on a side note the VIP cruise (below) had free wifi on the boat which was better than the free wifi in the hotel but then why would you put wifi on a boat! yes that's right so you can skype your mates from a boat.. god help me lol I enjoyed relaxing on a boat listening to a couple cackling to their mates on skype... get a grip...

8) This isn't to do with the hotel but I wouldn't book the VIP cruise.. there is nothing VIP about it... yes the boat is small and nice and there isn't a lot of people on the boat but they must ship out like 8 boats each day... You have to pay to hire snorkels which in my view should be free. Also you get 3 snorkel trips.. felt rushed off the boat on the boat snorkel see fish get out move on... The third trip was huddled around 8 boats was a bit like a fight in the water between everyone... the food was nice on the boat but you don't get a lot of time on the boat to relax plus they are constantly taking photo's of you and then trying to flog you these at every opportunity... got very annoying and they get upset if you don't buy their photo's... that really put me off.. Also they bring around a tip jar and force you to tip and give you dirty looks if you don't. The rep said it's customary to tip... really.. I tip a lot but only when I feel I've been given good service and want to tip not when I've had it thrust in my face..

9) Room service.... it's an all inclusive resort so why should I pay for food for room service?!? I don't mind paying for a tray service charge as someone has to walk it down but I don't see why you should have to pay for the food - whoever thought that through must have been having an odd day...

10) last rant:) the bottom of the main pool never gets cleaned.. kept stepping on plastic wrappers from the water bottles.. not a major issue..

In summary though it's a really nice place, great break and friendly people. Some of the issues you can put down to being in Egypt but it's one of those places which is great value for money so you get what you pay for and I wouldn't complain at all about our break it's just that there are a couple of points which just let this place down ever so slightly against other all inclusive resorts around the world.. a couple of additional nice touches and it would be perfect.

If you've never been to Egypt before then make sure you realise tipping gets you everything... you can tip small monies given the economy there is quite poor relatively speaking but if you tip in sterling don't give them coins as they can't change these at the bank as Egyptian banks don't take coins so on the last day I had to change our cleaner's pound coins for Egyptian money as other people had tipped in coins...

We didn't make it to Soho Square but I hear it's nice.. avoid Naama bay like the plague we went last time we were in Egypt it's a horrid rancid place full of annoying people..

7 Thank GMC1979
Dear GMC1979,

Many thanks for your review and your positive comments about the staff and resort in general.

Thank you also for pointing out the areas in which you feel we could improve. They have all been noted down for future consideration.

The point of tipping, we do not accept that staff give a better service to those who have tipped as we feel tipping is personal and every guest should be entitled to high quality service regardless.

Overall I am happy that you have enjoyed a great break and hope we have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Anglesey UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited in June 2014 following recommendation form friends. We normally stay at the Hyatt Regency in Sharm el Sheikh but thought we would have a change. The rooms are very nice and kept spotlessly clean by the staff. They are well appointed with air conditioning but we would have liked a room fan as well because the air con. was on the noisy side. The pool area is very well done but does get crowded with the usual culprits who pop out with their towels to get their favourite places. Having said that we preferred the beach which is well maintained, has good staff giving a good drinks service and there are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. The swimming is great and off the end of the jetty the coral and fish life is superb.
Our main complaints were two fold.
Firstly we paid for a sea view balcony room. What we got was a room facing the sea with a Patio. In front of this patio was a public foot path meaning there was not privacy in the room and the view of the sea was minimal. I went straight back to check in and pointed out that this is not what we had paid for to be told that that was all they had available. It put a bit of a dampener on our holiday because we look forward to sitting on a balcony in the evening. Looking at the design of the hotel I would estimate that the majority of the rooms are as described. I am writing to Thomson at the moment disputing their idea of what they were contracted to supply.
The second thing that we disliked was the main dining room. The food is a good quality buffet standard and the staff are very polite and heklpfull. What really worried us was the cleaning practices. The lads were spraying cleaning fluids over everything including milk jugs, sugar basins and crockery. I pointed this out to the customer relations people but didn't see any change before we left. The outside tables didn't seem to be cleaned at all. We sat at the same outside table for the second week of our stay and noticed that the milk jug ring that was there on day one was still there when we left. Quit simply none of the outside tables were cleaned during that week which in a climate like Egypt in June is asking for trouble.
Overall I would say that this whole "Sensatori Experience" is a lot of hype with no substance and on our next trip to Egypt we will not be staying there. I would not class this hotel as more that a 3/4 star when compared with other 5 star hotels we normally stay at. There are good facilities particularly for families but it falls well short of the Thomson hype.

Room Tip: What Thompson describe as a "Sea View Balcony" may turn out to be a "Sea Facing Patio...
4 Thank Vivid47AngleseyUK
Dear Vivid47AngleseyUK,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments here on TripAdvisor. Your comments with regards to the main restaurant are being investigated for review.

I am sorry that we have not met your expectations but hope that overall you have enjoyed your holiday with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from the 4th to the 18th of June.
Over all the staff at this hotel are first class, they cannot do enough for you and nothing is too much trouble. I must give a specific thank you to the taller of the two Muhammad's from the adult pool bar, he works so hard to make sure you have a great time.
The food was good with a good choice.
The hotel was spotless, with the staff cleaning all the time.
Our room was great with everything you need and kept well supplied with towels and toiletries.
Entertainment at this hotel is excellent and caters for everyone, from the chilled out piano bar to the great shows and tribute act's in the venue. The comedy club on a Monday night was great.
If you are looking to book any trips then sinia excursions on the beach next to block one are first
class, with very friendly staff and great value I would highly recommend them.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Allan S
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Allan S,

Thank you for your excellent review and your willingness to recommend our hotel. Thank you also for your special mention of Mohamed, his efforts will not go unnoticed.

I am very pleased you have had a great holiday and I hope we can welcome you again one day.

Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Lovely hotel. Place is stunning right on the Red Sea . Food is very good rooms are lovely ( I had a swim up room) staff are great . So clean everywhere. The only negative is that my daughter got bitten quite badly by Mosquitos . Little extras that made it extra special for me was the hotel hand out packets of crisps at the bars and by the pool and they have diet 7 up which is fab in my wine. We visited this hotel 3 years ago when it opened and I couldn't wait to go back so did this year and it once again exceeded my expectations. The pool areas are great and I like that they enforce the no reserving beds policy before 8.00. Would go back tomorrow . Lucky you people who are about to go

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Catrin27
Dear Catrin27,

I would like to thank you for your review and especially your support in being a returning guest.

I am sorry to read that your daughter has been bitten by mosquitoes during the stay. We have an intensive pest control program that significantly reduces the number of mosquitoes but cannot, of course, eradicate them all. Spraying of the room can be arranged through the guest service centre or with housekeeping directly if you let them know what time you will be out of the room. We additionally advise guests susceptible to insect bites to use mosquito repellent on their skin when out at night, this can be bought at the hotel shop and also often found in the “swap box” at the guest relations lounge.

Overall I am pleased we have exceeded your expectations and you have had another great stay, I hope we have the chance to welcome you for a third stay soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel in June and was totally blown away. All we can say is wow, swim up room was fab, rooms and grounds were immaculate. Food amazing, staff a credit to the hotel. Entertainment top notch. Will be back next year.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Tracie M
Dear Tracie M,

Thank you very much for your review and your kind comments about the room, staff and food.

I look forward to welcoming you again next year. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could help in any way.