“Absolute perfection”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #34 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 6 August 2014

There are no words to describe how wonderful this place is! My husband and I stayed at the sensatori for our honeymoon from the 20th July for one week, our only regret is not saying longer!!

I won't go into the ins and outs of everything it is already clear on here that the service, hotel, cleanliness and food is amazing (especially the Thai corner in the main restaurant and the American diner for lunch time ) I'll just mention the extras - we had a hot tub room facing the beach which was amazing, it got used a lot more than I thought it would as it has a shower attached also you can literally use it to get ready instead of the bathroom :) we did the trip to Cairo to see the pyramids which is a must, the company and tour guide made the trip more than worth the money and it was not as hot or uncomfortable as I had anticipated. We dived with the on site ocean college twice as the first one was so good! I did not think I would ever dive as the thought terrified me, but the instructor was patient and so reassuring we went back for a second, the prices are more than reasonable.
We did the day trip to waterpark, was a brilliant day out even for us adults travelling without children :)

This is our fifth trip to Egypt and here are the reasons why I would only ever now go to sensatori - you get a sandy beach and sea before the coral creating a bath tempreture lagoon it's beautiful, no dodgy belly whatsoever, the cocktails didn't make us sick once ( thank you Mohammed in the top bar by reception ) the choice for food, bars, entertainment is un paramount to anywhere else, the staff are un hassling and extremely friendly and eager to please always, we went in the last week of Ramadan and cannot praise the level of service enough!

We will be returning next year this time with the children and will get a swim up family room, they look as every bit convenient as they sound!

Sensatori have got it right in regards to service without hassle, even the shop keepers don't barter prices they are what they are even though they are expensive so make sure your kitted out before you go. They have it right in it's luxury without the normal tacky extras thrown in as they are at many other Egyptian hotels, all the hotels I have visited in Egypt have been 5* but this is the only true 5* in the respect that there is literally not one thing I can grumble even slightly about! The place has it all if your going to Egypt there is nowhere else to go this is the one :)

Thank you so much to sensatori and all it's staff for making our honeymoon just perfect, the honeymoon package on top of an already exceptional hotel is exactly the experience we were hoping for and it will live with us forever. See you next year!

Lorelei and Scott McKay

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank LoreleiMcKay
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear LoreleiMcKay,

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to spend your honeymoon. I am very pleased we have been able to make it a memorable occasion for you both.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again next year with your family. If there is anything I could help with at any time please let me know.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel and complex was well presented - however there could have been more organised activities. The room and the bathrooms were brilliant. We had a swim out room which was fun.

The Egyptian staff were AMAZING. It's worth tipping well on the first day as they treat you like royalty for the rest of the trip!

The food was very below par and pretty much the same each day. I spoke to one of the Thompson staff who said that she was surprised and "everyone else raves about the food". Well, not me.

We don't drink a lot, however the Egyptian alcohol is really rough, so if you want something that isn't a mixer it's worth upgrading.

While in Sharm we 'took advantage' of the trips on offer. Don't go to Soho Square, as it's just a shopping centre but the desert quad biking was good.

If it's your honeymoon do tell them, as they give you perks which were fun!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt C

Dear Matt C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay earlier this year. Thank you also for your kind words about the staff, I am very proud of them and enjoy seeing their efforts rewarded with high praise.

I am sorry, however, that you have felt the food and drinks to be below par. The local alcohols available within the all inclusive package are the highest quality drinks available locally, whilst internationally branded drinks are also available against a cost. In regards to the food, we aim to provide a wide variety of the highest quality dishes in all outlets. However, if there are circumstances where you are not happy with the meal the restaurant manager at each outlet is always available and willing to assist.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel could improve on the following points, some tiling and re grouting is required in the main family and adult pools, there were gaps in the filters around the edge which is a potential hazard to kids. Some of the plastic glasses used around the pool area need replacing as some are discoloured and tired. The pool towels where not washed very well and sometimes had an odour. The male room cleaner had a fetish of arranging my wife's discarded underwear in fancy shapes on the bed, thankfully he didn't touch my boxers!
On the plus side staff where amazingly friendly, helpful and a real asset to the hotel, drinks flowing freely, reasonable quality top shelf drinks, the beer was Heineken about 4%, red wine was like an average £4 supermarket bottle although it was served too warm in the American diner as it doesn't have air con white wine quite palatable Coffee served at breakfast was a reasonable drink. Restaurants were good the Fountain View was a bit noisy at busy times.

Room Tip: Ask for one over looking the adult pool for a quite room with good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhilipM1960

Dear PhilipM1960,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and particularly for your helpful observations on areas in which you feel could be improved. Each point has been noted for review.

Thank you also for your positive comments on the staff and drinks. I hope that overall you have enjoyed the holiday and hope also we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just returned from an 11 day break at this wonderful hotel complex. From the moment we checked in - which took a matter of moments - until the moment we checked out we were made to feel very special. The hotel and grounds are immaculate, very clean and beautifully laid out. There is a fantastic children's pool with a huge ship tipping out water and an adults only pool and everything in between. The food and the restaurants are fabulous, we especially liked the Italian, but the Stonegrill was very special with its outstanding views of the sea and complex. The staff couldn't be more attentive, and nothing is too much trouble. We couldn't not fault it, go and enjoy it.

Room Tip: We'd book for a sea view room next time because the view is spectacular.
4  Thank Beverley E

Dear Beverley E,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your recent stay with us.

I am happy to read you have enjoyed your holiday and hope we can welcome you again soon as our returning guests. If there is anything I could do to help at any time please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this on recommendation. The hotel well caters for all types, families and couples alike. The one thing that stood out to us was the staff. They could not do enough for you. The hotel I would say a four star, but the staff made it a five star experience. Had a swim up room in block 1100 and it was brilliant. Food good, facilities good, entertainment there if you wAnt it, great fish on the beach!! Only one reservation, food was weak in size at the Tiran beach bar where the service was good, but the portions were meager. All in all great week away, fab relaxed and chilled out, thank you Sensatori and the guest relations team!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Matts360

Dear Matts360,

Many thanks for your review and especially for your kind words about the staff.

I am unsure whether you are referring to the lunch or evening meal portions at the Tiran Diner, but I am sure that had you asked for something more the staff would have been only too willing. Portion size is controlled in order to avoid food waste as part of our environmental policy, but should guests wish for more it is always available.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We travelled to Egypt and a Sensatori hotel for the first time and we loved it! We travelled with our two boys aged 3 and 7 and they had a fabulous time too. Loved the room, perfect set up for family with a separate partitioned sleeping area for them, lovely large comfy bed for mum and dad, luxury clean bathroom with mood lighting. We had a jacuzzi/hot tub on our balcony and we loved relaxing in there with a glass or two of wine looking out over the fantastic views of our hotel and the Red Sea. Food was faultless and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals at the Italian and Middle eastern restaurants, we loved the food at the beach a la carte but the kids found it too hot that night which spoilt it only a little. Constant friendly waiting staff always offering us cold water, drinks, cocktails and bringing crisps for the kids too! We used the kids clubs and spa and their service was second to none, the kids loved the club and I loved my massage too. We booked an excursion to the seascape and found it an awesome experience and well worth the cost, so easy to book and everything taken care of. We wanted to hire snorkels but the lovely sensatori rep showed us the box of left over equipment you can just use as you want so didn't even need to pay to hire however you can pay and experience any diving of water sports you like. There is a separate adult area and so many bars to the that if you are trevelling without children you won't be disappointed.
All in all I can not fault the whole holiday and came back relaxed and with fantastic memories, thankyou :)

Room Tip: Family suite with jacuzzi bath
5  Thank Vicky L

Dear Vicky L,

Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased we have been able to make your first Sensatori experience and also your first visit to Egypt a memorable event.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our second visit and again we were not disappointed, the hotel accommodated our request for adjoining rooms. Visited all the restaurants, however the tepenyaki was the highlight with a real performance by the chef that added to the experience.
The only negative would be if you don't tip you can miss out on drinks especially on the beach. We are again looking to go back 2015 as we could not fault the service, cleanliness or the staff.

1  Thank Sally9576
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Sally9576,

I would like to thank you for your comments and especially your support. It is an honour to welcome our loyal guests time and again and I look forward to welcoming you again next year. If there is anything I could help with at any time please let me know.