“Lovely place”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #30 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed for 10 nights in July. It was hotter than the sun, but we managed due to the great design of the resort having a curve which encouraged a breeze throughout the day. Temperatures from between 35-48C through our stay. It was probably a little too warm around 3pm. The rest of the day was lovely.

Staff cannot do enough to keep you happy, drinks flow constantly. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Food was excellent especially in the 'booked' restaurants. In particular the Marharba restaurant and a good attention to hygiene ensuring guests all used alcohol gels before entering the restaurants. We did however get sick, not sure how, but it happened. Got some tablets form the chemist and that sorted me out very quickly.

Snorkelling was frankly amazing. we did a boat trip with 3 dives but it wasn't a patch on the coral reef outside the hotel. £3 for a snorkel set was the best money spent to hire all trip. AMAZING MUST DO!

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are lovely, i probably wouldn't book the jacuzzi rooms (if you want some 'spec...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhillippeFlopp
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear PhillippeFlopp,

Thank you very much for your feedback, especially your kind words about the staff, food and hotel in general. I am sorry to read that you have been ill during your stay but glad that it was cleared up very quickly and hope it did not cause any inconvenience. We also have an onsite clinic available with a doctor on call 24hrs.

I am happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you again soon.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Write a ReviewReviews (6,638)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

After hearing some fantastic reviews on the Sensatori hotels, me and my boyfriend decided to to try this hotel. As we had both never travelled to Egypt before was slightly apprehensive. However, the minute we walked through the door we had no reason to worry. Greeted with a glass of cold orange and cold towel- very nice touch due to the fact that when we arrived at 8 pm it was boiling ! We checked in and had our bags whisked off to our room by one of the bag men. Before we left we previously emailed the hotel - was our 3 year anniversary - they gave us an amazing room! We had paid for a pool view anyway but we was located with a pool view and sea view! Was lovely! Also, we had a a chocolate cake waiting for us which was a nice touch to have! Would like to thank the hotel manager for this personal touch! The beds are massive!!!! And very comfortable too! They also have an iron and ironing board in the room so that was good touch! Especially for those trying to squeeze in as much as possible in to there suitcase like me! Haha we tried all the free Restaurants .. Italian being our favourite ! Tried most of the dishes on the menu - salmon being my favourite ! The middle Eastern had a nice selection of food too - they encourage you to order as much as you want to try! The Tiran was nice too- best location but very hot ! We sat out side and had a lovely view I the beach ! Breakfast and lunch was great in the fountain view - not so much at dinner - but still a good variety of food - think we become used to eating in the a lacarte's. The pool bar is a nice place for lunch too ! Doing burgers and hot dogs ! The pool service was fan static!!! Constantly asked whether you would like a drink! We had our favourite waiter Ahmed who knew our drink orders and we had a drink waiting every time we got our the pool! Would like to say a big thank you to Ahmed as he was always so friendly and always happy to get as many drinks as we wanted! They all work very hard and long days and it was nice for him to always remember exactly what we drunk! Didn't even have to go to the bar and order ! The fish off the jetty are amazing ! You need to see how fantastic this is! So many bright and colourful fish ! Nemo and dory was always swimming around! We done the 007 boat ride too! The men on this trip were very helpful in the water as I am not a strong swimmer and a little afraid of the water too! Would definitely recommend this trip! See 100's of baby dolphins jumping about too when we went further out on the boat! If you want a bargain visit Nama bay ! Very very very hassling but you can get a bargain! Also, the night life is good here too with a lot of bars! Soho square is nice too - no hassle at all! Visited the old market - went through thomsons - would recommend this trip! Very hot here ! Can get some lovely bags and purses in the hang bag shop they take you too! Pool areas all clean! The towels did smell occasionally though . Can always get a seat on the beach if you can't by the pool! The day time activities are great as there is always something happening - volley ball, archery, water polo yoga! The only down fall we had on the holiday was when we walked to the shops just outside of the hotel! It was our 2nd night at the hotel so we hadn't realised how pushy they are in shops. Just to warn people going for a little wonder - do not go in any Perfume shop ! There is one down the strip of shops and the man is incredibly pushY and extremely rude! Don't waste your evening and get caught in here like we was for a while! He will get very angry if you do not want his perfume on your skin. Extremely rude too and try's to make you sign his notebook. Wouldn't let us out of the shop until we had paid for some perfume . We didn't actually pay any ! he wanted 50 pound for a bottle he made up ( didn't ask or want any ! We said we didn't have any money on us and that we didn't want it! ) was being polite to him at the beginning but become extremely rude to myself after I said we was leaving and he told my boyfriend he needed to get rid of me and become very rude when we was walking out the shop! Just a warning to anyone naive as us to get his 'business card' . This was the only fault of the whole holiday. The hotel feels very safe and is so big you do not really need to venture out a lot anyways! The entertainment was the best I have ever seen at any holiday place! Very very good! Musial night was the best! Did not get any Egyptian belly either as they use bottled water for cooking and washing fruit etc . Can also have ice In ya drink too! was a lovely place and would return ! Would defiantly recommend this hotel! Would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff at Sensatori for making it so special ! X

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Kelsey R

Dear Kelsey R,

Many thanks for your review and your willingness to recommend us. Your comments were a pleasure to read and I am happy you have enjoyed all aspects of your holiday.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience in one of the shops outside the hotel. Unfortunately we cannot control events out of the hotel grounds but I would like to assure you that such incidents are rare and I hope it does not taint your overall opinion of Egypt.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

What more can I say.....looking to go somewhere different, but when we got a good price & with the guaranteed sun of Sharm there was no option! What more can I say, we'd forgot how amazing this place was!!!! Don't look at the bad reviews just book, you won't be disappointed. Worst part of holiday for us was coming home & hectic airport! As people say there is the odd chipped tile etc, but I think that Egyptian Building Standards just aren't up to UK standards, not many other countries are tho!

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Robtwed,

Thank you for your comments and also for your support in being one of our returning guests. I am very happy that your return visit was a pleasant reminder of your first and you had another amazing holiday. I hope we have the chance to welcome you again for a third time. If there is ever anything I could help with please let me know.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

There are no words to describe how wonderful this place is! My husband and I stayed at the sensatori for our honeymoon from the 20th July for one week, our only regret is not saying longer!!

I won't go into the ins and outs of everything it is already clear on here that the service, hotel, cleanliness and food is amazing (especially the Thai corner in the main restaurant and the American diner for lunch time ) I'll just mention the extras - we had a hot tub room facing the beach which was amazing, it got used a lot more than I thought it would as it has a shower attached also you can literally use it to get ready instead of the bathroom :) we did the trip to Cairo to see the pyramids which is a must, the company and tour guide made the trip more than worth the money and it was not as hot or uncomfortable as I had anticipated. We dived with the on site ocean college twice as the first one was so good! I did not think I would ever dive as the thought terrified me, but the instructor was patient and so reassuring we went back for a second, the prices are more than reasonable.
We did the day trip to waterpark, was a brilliant day out even for us adults travelling without children :)

This is our fifth trip to Egypt and here are the reasons why I would only ever now go to sensatori - you get a sandy beach and sea before the coral creating a bath tempreture lagoon it's beautiful, no dodgy belly whatsoever, the cocktails didn't make us sick once ( thank you Mohammed in the top bar by reception ) the choice for food, bars, entertainment is un paramount to anywhere else, the staff are un hassling and extremely friendly and eager to please always, we went in the last week of Ramadan and cannot praise the level of service enough!

We will be returning next year this time with the children and will get a swim up family room, they look as every bit convenient as they sound!

Sensatori have got it right in regards to service without hassle, even the shop keepers don't barter prices they are what they are even though they are expensive so make sure your kitted out before you go. They have it right in it's luxury without the normal tacky extras thrown in as they are at many other Egyptian hotels, all the hotels I have visited in Egypt have been 5* but this is the only true 5* in the respect that there is literally not one thing I can grumble even slightly about! The place has it all if your going to Egypt there is nowhere else to go this is the one :)

Thank you so much to sensatori and all it's staff for making our honeymoon just perfect, the honeymoon package on top of an already exceptional hotel is exactly the experience we were hoping for and it will live with us forever. See you next year!

Lorelei and Scott McKay

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank LoreleiMcKay

Dear LoreleiMcKay,

Thank you for your comments and for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to spend your honeymoon. I am very pleased we have been able to make it a memorable occasion for you both.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again next year with your family. If there is anything I could help with at any time please let me know.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel and complex was well presented - however there could have been more organised activities. The room and the bathrooms were brilliant. We had a swim out room which was fun.

The Egyptian staff were AMAZING. It's worth tipping well on the first day as they treat you like royalty for the rest of the trip!

The food was very below par and pretty much the same each day. I spoke to one of the Thompson staff who said that she was surprised and "everyone else raves about the food". Well, not me.

We don't drink a lot, however the Egyptian alcohol is really rough, so if you want something that isn't a mixer it's worth upgrading.

While in Sharm we 'took advantage' of the trips on offer. Don't go to Soho Square, as it's just a shopping centre but the desert quad biking was good.

If it's your honeymoon do tell them, as they give you perks which were fun!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt C

Dear Matt C,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay earlier this year. Thank you also for your kind words about the staff, I am very proud of them and enjoy seeing their efforts rewarded with high praise.

I am sorry, however, that you have felt the food and drinks to be below par. The local alcohols available within the all inclusive package are the highest quality drinks available locally, whilst internationally branded drinks are also available against a cost. In regards to the food, we aim to provide a wide variety of the highest quality dishes in all outlets. However, if there are circumstances where you are not happy with the meal the restaurant manager at each outlet is always available and willing to assist.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel could improve on the following points, some tiling and re grouting is required in the main family and adult pools, there were gaps in the filters around the edge which is a potential hazard to kids. Some of the plastic glasses used around the pool area need replacing as some are discoloured and tired. The pool towels where not washed very well and sometimes had an odour. The male room cleaner had a fetish of arranging my wife's discarded underwear in fancy shapes on the bed, thankfully he didn't touch my boxers!
On the plus side staff where amazingly friendly, helpful and a real asset to the hotel, drinks flowing freely, reasonable quality top shelf drinks, the beer was Heineken about 4%, red wine was like an average £4 supermarket bottle although it was served too warm in the American diner as it doesn't have air con white wine quite palatable Coffee served at breakfast was a reasonable drink. Restaurants were good the Fountain View was a bit noisy at busy times.

Room Tip: Ask for one over looking the adult pool for a quite room with good view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PhilipM1960

Dear PhilipM1960,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and particularly for your helpful observations on areas in which you feel could be improved. Each point has been noted for review.

Thank you also for your positive comments on the staff and drinks. I hope that overall you have enjoyed the holiday and hope also we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just returned from an 11 day break at this wonderful hotel complex. From the moment we checked in - which took a matter of moments - until the moment we checked out we were made to feel very special. The hotel and grounds are immaculate, very clean and beautifully laid out. There is a fantastic children's pool with a huge ship tipping out water and an adults only pool and everything in between. The food and the restaurants are fabulous, we especially liked the Italian, but the Stonegrill was very special with its outstanding views of the sea and complex. The staff couldn't be more attentive, and nothing is too much trouble. We couldn't not fault it, go and enjoy it.

Room Tip: We'd book for a sea view room next time because the view is spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Beverley E

Dear Beverley E,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of your recent stay with us.

I am happy to read you have enjoyed your holiday and hope we can welcome you again soon as our returning guests. If there is anything I could do to help at any time please do not hesitate to contact me.