“Another great holiday!”

Ranked #20 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Preston, United Kingdom
“Another great holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for relaxation. Booked a jacuzzi room which was well worth the extra. Lovely view and nice to be able to relax in the jacuzzi in the afternoon. Best food was at the Casa Bianca, but had to book early (10am ish) to get a table at a decent time. Tried out the Stone Grill and the Gokan this time. Although they were good, we preferred the Casa Bianca and Marhaba (and they are part of the all-inclusive). All in all, great holiday with amazing weather - went way too fast!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emma A
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Emma A,

Many thanks for your review and your support. I am pleased to read you have had another great holiday here and hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,274)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Just come back from an amazing 2 weeks! Beautifully well kept hotel! Just one buffet restaurant And all the rest are a la carte 3 included in all inclusive. We had a swim up room which now I don't know how I ever survived without! Especially for us in summer holidays we didn't need to worry about getting loungers. Amir and Mohamed served us daily from the sports clubhouse to our swim up pool and were absolutely fantastic! As are most of the staff. I never went to the bar once! Piano bar is gorgeous and I would recommend the wickedly Broadway show. Gokan restaurant is well worth paying for and better than stone grill I thought. Ok wifi is mainly in reception and piano bar but this stops you being on your phone all the time. The slight yellowing of bath seal (being really picky) was replaced without us even mentioning it. If you go to cleo park ask for ticket only so you can go whenever you like and leave whenever you like. I would highly recommend the hotels taxi service, like having your own chauffeur! If I had to pick a bad thing it would be booking restaurants, which is by a machine that can get busy and booked up! But this is only 20mins out of your day, you can book 2 days ahead and the buffet restaurant is fine to eat up too. I would definately advise a visit to this hotel!! Felt very spoilt, service is second to none! Great snorkelling off of jetty!

Stayed August 2014
8 Thank Calliefrankie
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear calliefrankie,

Thank you very much for your comments and especially for highlighting Amir and Mohamed, your praise of them has been passed on.

Overall I am pleased you had an amazing two weeks and hope we can welcome you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I returned from two weeks at the Sensatori last week.
We travel to A/I hotels 3 times a year, including the Caribbean and Mediterranean resorts, but I can honestly say this hotel took our breath away!
Prior to flying I had emailed Islam the manager to request something for our 15th anniversary which was on our day of travelling. On arriving at our room we had a beautiful anniversary cake and a bowl of fruit - thanks Islam!

We arrived at the airport at 9pm and our bags were labeled with our room number before boarding the coach. On arrival at the hotel we checked in, (amidst some extremely rude Brits shouting that they wanted a room NOW as they had small children- there's always one,) We were escorted to the buffet restaurant, which had been kept open for us. Choice at this time of the evening was limited but adequate. After eating were were the escorted to our rooms to find our bags waiting outside the room - nice touch!!

Our room was beautifully furnished, very modern and clean, top of the range tv, audio system from the tv into the bathroom, shower screen, rather than curtain - yay!! (And a bathroom that doesn't steam up after using the shower! ) Plenty of hanging/ drawer space, ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities - perfect!

The complex is very cleverly designed as no areas ever seemed busy, despite the hotel being at full capacity; three separate pool areas - adult only, children's and general. Being with my husband we stayed at the general, central pool each day.
Being an early riser I would go to the pool for beds around 7.15am (policy is that beds cannot be left unattended until after 8am- at 7.55am the pool manager will do a 'towel swoop') but if you are not worried about where you sit then beds are available up until about 8.30am. However staff would always seem to find beds for families if requested later in the day.

The pool staff were incredible, nothing ever too much trouble and always a smile and a hello! Having travelled to Egypt a number of times we now always bring a bag of pound coins to tip, however others nearby to us still got exceptional service without tipping, so it isn't a necessity! We do it because they work so hard! A special thanks to Ahmed, Ramy, Mahmoud at the centre pool, but special thanks to Fares with his cheeky smile and daily warm greeting!! Service at the pool side was great - drinks, pots of fruit, cold face clothes, packets of crisps - faultless!

Lunch can be taken either in the main buffet, the pool snack bar or the American on the beach , we tried all but preferred the snack bar for burgers and the American for nachos, chilli and tacos!!

Restaurants were incredible and food was exceptional, I enjoyed the fact that you can visit as many times as you wanted and we used them on all but 3 nights. Booking is easy - the first time you need to queue at one of the 4 booking machines at 10am , there is usually a member of staff on hand to help if you are unsure. Once you have booked 3 days in advance, I would then book for the next possible day on our way out in the evening.
We visited all the restaurants, the Italian and Middle Eastern being my favourite, and we visited these both three times. Again the staff were brilliant - if unable to decide between two dishes they would bring us both! We also used the paid restaurants, the tepenyaki is amazing! but unfortunately is under used so the ambiance is lost as there is only ever one cooking station occupied. Had this not been the case we would have revisited as the food was beautiful and the chef there was very entertaining! At the Asian my husband had the lobster which he drawled over all evening, I ordered the duck which I was very disappointed with as they had tried to recreate 'crispy duck with pancakes' by simply over cooking the duck breast. I didn't say anything as I am not one to complain, but if have no doubt that the chef would have cooked me something fresh had I said something. The Stonegrill was a novelty, and food and prices were very good £10 for a rib eye steak.
Our only concern here was that whilst eating at the Stonegrill a young man collapsed and the staff really had no idea how to manage the situation. Another diner , with first aid training took control. Luckily he only passed out momentarily and came around very quickly, I would however have some concerns if someone suffered from a more serious condition such as a stroke or heart attack!?!?

Evening entertainment was extremely good and the best we have ever experienced at an A/L. As a couple we tended to spend ours evenings chilling in the piano bar listening to the live music. On a Monday night they fly in UK comedians for a comedy night at The Clubhouse at 11.15pm for adults only. These were great fun, although a shame that the sets only lasted an hour! Friends that we met here had children's and they booked them into the 'sleep over' on the Monday night so that they could attend the comedy night! They see to have thought of everything! They also have nightly entertainment at The Venue, which others rated very highly.

The Lobby bar allows for a chilled quiet evening, either enjoying the views from outdoor couches looking across the sea, or inside. Prosecco is avialable in the lobby bar between 7-8pm; nice for a pre-dinner drink. A special thanks here to Mohammed and Amir who made our stay extra special with exceptional service!!

A/I drinks end at 12pm, although you really need to get your last orders in at 11.50pm, but they will allow you to 'double up' if you want to! We would often then go and have a quiet drink in the main Lobby bar, which we paid for (extras simply get added onto your bill to pay at check out) - two GnTs costing about £5!

The main reception area, near to the lobby bar turns into 'kiddy corner' at night with everyone trying to access the free wifi - although to be fair there were a large number of adults there too!! Amusing / sad to see the lack of interaction between whole families that are all separately absorbed by their gadgets....

If you are a sports fan like my hubby, this won't be a problem; the Clubhouse and the The Cue both showed all the main footy matches, both air conditioned with a bar - heaven - if you like that sort of thing!!!

Tummy upsets - unfortunately this is something that most of us Brits have to accept when travelling to Egypt!! Most people had an upset tummy, which lasted 1/2 days at most - there is a pharmacy on site which will sort you out really quickly - so at the first signs get some drugs - don't wait!! They work much better that British drugs as they include an anti- bacterial. (My hubby and I use Boots probiotics when travelling to Egypt and our upset tummys lasted only a few hours!)

In conclusion - ignore those comments that slate this hotel - I really don't know what they could do to improve this hotel. We had an incredible stay and will be rebooking for next year!!

Room Tip: Those that booked a swim up room left the pool early 'to get their monies worth' although I...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Sharon H
Dear Sharon H,

Thank you for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to celebrate your 15th anniversary, I am very happy to read that you and your husband had an incredible stay.

I look forward to welcoming you both again next year. If there is anything I could help with in advance of this please let me know.

Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Sensatori the first year it was open and had not returned until December 13. We found the standard of cleanliness to be high in all areas. Food quality excellent. I suffer from IBS and this is one of the few places where I have eaten well and not had any bad attacks. Staff were friendly, attentive and always ready to go the extra mile. Entertainment by Shelley and her team was Great and all inclusive. New year was a transformation and the Lady Gaga impersonator was brilliant as well as Hayley Christianson. Thomson staff were always ready to help and went the extra mile. We look forward to returning soon.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank MrsJekyll
Dear MrsJekyll,

Thank you very much for your review of your holiday last year. I am very happy you have enjoyed it and the new year festivities.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I could be of any assistance.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Literally cannot fault anything about the hotel! We had a jacuzzi sea view room which was amazing & always super clean with an amazing view.
We spent a lot of our time at the beach where you get waited on, a certain waiter would remember our drink orders which was a nice little touch. There was always plenty of choice for sun beds at the beach & the snorkelling was good fun off the jetty (not scary at all)
The food was great, I'm not sure how people can moan because there was so much choice!
We spent most of our evenings in the lobby bar area which was nice and peaceful, again a certain waiter would remember our drinks and talk to us every evening!
Would go back here without a doubt :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Em33333
Dear Em33333,

I would like to thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us; they were a pleasure to read.

I am glad you have had a lovely holiday and look forward to welcoming you back as returning guests in the future.

bedfordshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd trip to the Sensatori, Sharm and once again we thoroughly enjoyed it! Firstly it's not 5 star it's a good 4 star hotel in my opinion. The rooms are a bit tired and I complained about a few minor things that were resolved straight away. We had a family swim up room and then moved to a swim up suite where you have much more space. Having said that they need a lick of paint and more robust sofa beds! What makes this resort great is the great beach, snorkelling and opportunity to get involved if you like!!My son aged 11 enjoyed the kids club which is aimed nicely at his age, thx Stuart and Hannah who do a sterling job despite some kids being very poorly behaved. The staff are great and there lies the secret ingredient in my view! Attentive, quick and great with kids. I have to say Karim on the jetty was great with my son and his knowledge is great!! Ahmed in Tiran,and Osame. Amir at sports bar, and Mohammed from housekeeping all great. Essentially it's a great place, yes a little expensive and the flights dire but that's Thomson for you!! My top tip is get your laundry done there before you leave it was amazing £24 all washed ironed and vac packed !! I can't say anything about Sharm as never left the resort! Regarding wifi I hired from Sharm wifi 30.00 for 2 weeks which was great, helped to stay in touch for family!!

• Stayed August 2014
9 Thank Sali1411
Dear Sali1411,

Thank you very much for your comments. I am sorry you have felt the rooms are a little tired. We have a maintenance program ongoing throughout the hotel whereby everyday at least one room is refurbished in all aspects, tiling, fabrics, paintwork etc. This is ongoing year round.

Thank you also for your kind words about the staff and for taking the time to name those who have stood out to you. I am very proud of all my team and it makes me happy when their efforts pay off.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Just got home from a 14 night break! Had a fantastic time we were waited on hand and foot by the most friendliest and helpful staff!! A big think you to Samy and Kariem for looking after us all day every day by the adult pool! The food was amazing in all the restaurants! We will defiantly be going back! Our standard room was far better than we expected. The ground floor quiet and private. Was just a perfect hoilday!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tom F
Dear Tom F,

Many thanks for your review and your kind words about Samy and Karim. It is an honour to read such words as “perfect holiday”.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.