“A really lovely experience”

Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #33 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed for one week and had a lovely time, the food was excellent always lots to choose from in the main restaurant, and the other restaurants we visited were good too!! The service was excellent too, everyone was really helpful and during meals they were really attentive. I would definitely recommend to our family and friends and look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank LeylaOrchard
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear LeylaOrchard,

Many thanks for your comments and also your willingness to recommend us to friends and family, this is really appreciated.

I am happy you have enjoyed your week away and look forward to being able to welcome you next time as our returning guests. If there is anything I could assist with at any time please do not hesitate to contact me either here or by email.

Mohamed Shaarawi

Write a ReviewReviews (6,718)

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks with my partner and son and we loved it. The staff were exceptional as was the location and hotel. We cant wait to go back. The Thomson entertainment would have been so much better with a disco but all in all it was good. The jetty was amazing! Like jumping into a tropical fish tank! We did an evening trip to soho square which I recommend as it was really nice with no hassle shopping.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank jsaunders81

Dear jsaunders81,

Thank you for your review of your recent two weeks away. I am pleased you and your family have enjoyed your stay and look forward to being able to welcome you all again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed at the Sensatori in June 2014. All aspects of the hotel exceeded our expectations; the quality, the cleanliness and the service. Main food restaurant was very good, with special thanks to Mohammed our waiter, with the option to eat at other bookable restaurants as part of the all inclusive deal; I would recommend both the Italian and Middle Eastern restaurants. A special thanks to the staff around the main pool, Ahmed you never stopped working, and all the staff in the top bar who ensured our glasses were never empty, special thanks to Fares and the gang. Special mention to the Thomson entertainment team who enthusiastically and professionally entertained the guests with a good mix of flown in entertainers - the soul shows were both really good. Only one small niggle, the public wi fi needs improving. Looking forward to returning very soon.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the main pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Laurence C

Dear Laurence C,

Thank you for your comments and especially your kind words about the staff. I am really pleased with the hard work from all my team and happy to see their efforts recognized.

The free wifi zone has already been extended and further upgrades to this service are in progress.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. If there is anything I could help with please let me know.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stayed here in the last 2 weeks in August. Our son and family have been here twice before ( 2011 - the year it opened and 2013).
They had been raving about this resort since last August and we were really disappointed (mostly for them).
Check in was seamless and the cold hand towels were welcome. The late arrivals were catered with a small buffet, which was lovely.
ROOMS: We were escorted to our room on small golf buggies - no problem, nice gesture - not really - they are open trolleys, with nowhere to hold onto with very tired children on board.
The room was OK. It was a good size and the view from the family Jacuzzi rooms onto the beach was lovely and very peaceful. The jacuzzi was cute but not relaxing as every man and his wife are using them so the balconies are quite noisy.
There is a fridge in the room - they are advertised as mini bars but as they only have water in them that’s a bit of an exaggeration! Actually that’s not the truth because the two bottles of water are large and don’t even fit in the fridge! You can get the fridge stocked for you ( 8 cans of Egyptian beer and a bottle of Egyptian wine was £48). Someone in a review said they had to take their drinks to the room in paper cups, we used the empty small water bottles and filled them with wine from the bar and took them to the rooms, at least they fitted in the fridge - where there is a will there is a way!!
The channels on the TV are good especially for keeping the children rested while you get ready for dinner. The lighting system in the bathroom is a nice touch and the water was always hot and the shower was nice and strong. The toiletries are good standard and plentiful, as were the towels, slippers and robes.
As returning guests we had a plate of fruit but as the fridge was not cold the fruit went off before it could be eaten.
RESTAURANTS: I have very mixed feelings on this subject.
The Fountain Buffet restaurant is not always air conditioned and is just full of queues whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner. I am aware that good freshly cooked food is worth waiting for but not at the detriment of family dining, they just do not cook quickly enough.
BREAKFAST: even at breakfast the busiest station was always the pancakes / waffles and the poached eggs, sometimes I had finished my breakfast before my granddaughter came back with her pancakes - not acceptable. If you have smaller children that you have to stay with I would imagine that all the food will be cold by the time you get back to the table. THE TOASTERS - I spoke to more people at the toasters than I did at another part of my holiday - ridiculously slow - that’s when they were working at all. I also watched them on more than one occasion throw away roasting tins full of uneaten pastries, if they are not being eaten then why have that much of a choice - its all about demand.
LUNCH & DINNER - these sessions are the same in that the queues were the same and the service as far as drinks were concerned is so hit and miss. Feast or famine is the phrase that springs to mind.
EVENING RESTAURANTS:
MARHABA; excellent food, excellent service, air conditioned
CASA BIANCA; average food, average service and a very surly maitre’d who (honestly) was uncomfortable giving all 5 females in our party a rose!!
GOKAN; THIS IS A CHARGEABLE RESTAURANT WHERE THE SPIRITS AND BEER IS INCLUDED BUT NOT THE WINE!!
OMG!!! how can you possibly have a great experience in a Teppanyaki restaurant that has no air-conditioning, the chef ( who was a fantastic character) could not have the fan on while he was show cooking. All of our party came out with wet clothes where we had been sitting on plastic chairs in the most uncomfortable of heats ( even more uncomfortable than the heat by the pool but at least you could cool off in the pool). The Asian part of this restaurant was the same.
TIRAN; no air conditioning
STONEGRILL ; THIS IS A CHARGEABLE RESTAURANT WHERE THE SPIRITS AND BEER IS INCLUDED BUT NOT THE WINE!! ; no air conditioning
All in all very disappointing, not sure that any of them were worth getting in a queue at 9.30 in the morning for.
POOLS; the pools are clean, lovely and well maintained, even when a child / adult had an accident in the large pool it was dealt with efficiently. I watched the pool attendant deal quickly and sympathetically with various accidents around the pool area. The drink service around the pool was better before and after lunch but very spasmodic at lunchtime when the waiters were busy serving meals. Nice touch bringing round ice cold hand towels in the afternoon and little pots of fruit ( I've never ever had either of them wherever I have stayed before). The children's pool with slides and pirate ship are in a completely different area which I don't think works for the family, there are not enough beds or space and it’s a real problem if your children are staggered in age. The service at the restaurant at the slide area is nothing short of awful. When we asked for drinks we were told that there were no waiters until 11am. so when we asked for the drinks and a tray we were told we weren't allowed to have a tray that they were for the waiters! When I went to carry three glasses at once a waiter appeared and insisted that he carry then for me, I let him know his services were not required. When we requested more of the lovely greek salad that they put for you to self serve they filled the pot with tomato and cucumber when we requested the feta they put two squares of it in the pot ( I swear this on my grand daughter life!).
The only downside of the pool area is that you really have to be there at 7.30 with your towels to stand a chance of getting a bed round any part of any of the pools ( not honestly sure about the adult pool) Its dog eat dog and to be fair if you leave those beds before 8am the attendant will clear the towels and anything else that you have left behind. There is no answer to this problem, the area can’t be made any bigger and they do bring out extra beds from the storeroom if required. Its just the early bird catching the worm I’m afraid.
ENTERTAINMENT; the team work really hard - whether it be the kids entertainers, sports and activities team or the adult entertainment. I feel a three week turnover would be better on the entertainment because we saw the same things twice! The children's entertainment was the same they even did the same quiz the next week. We saw some good tribute acts but that’s all the entertainment there is just singing - just different singers not a magician or variety act - pretty poor.
SPA; we had a couple of treatments in the spa and they were really enjoyable. we
We also used the laundry service which was very efficient.

SENSATORI - the definition ::: these holidays are all about offering you the full spectrum of experiences to create special moments where everything comes together perfectly.

As a family we had a great holiday but unfortunately the reality didn't match up to the hype.

Room Tip: Don't be swayed by the brochure - ask questions and read everything you can - it's a a lot o...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank roleb5856

Dear emmarole,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your very helpful feedback, each and every point has been noted.

I feel sorry that you do not think the hotel lived up to the hype but am glad that despite the points you have raised you and your family had a great holiday overall.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for relaxation. Booked a jacuzzi room which was well worth the extra. Lovely view and nice to be able to relax in the jacuzzi in the afternoon. Best food was at the Casa Bianca, but had to book early (10am ish) to get a table at a decent time. Tried out the Stone Grill and the Gokan this time. Although they were good, we preferred the Casa Bianca and Marhaba (and they are part of the all-inclusive). All in all, great holiday with amazing weather - went way too fast!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emma A

Dear Emma A,

Many thanks for your review and your support. I am pleased to read you have had another great holiday here and hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Just come back from an amazing 2 weeks! Beautifully well kept hotel! Just one buffet restaurant And all the rest are a la carte 3 included in all inclusive. We had a swim up room which now I don't know how I ever survived without! Especially for us in summer holidays we didn't need to worry about getting loungers. Amir and Mohamed served us daily from the sports clubhouse to our swim up pool and were absolutely fantastic! As are most of the staff. I never went to the bar once! Piano bar is gorgeous and I would recommend the wickedly Broadway show. Gokan restaurant is well worth paying for and better than stone grill I thought. Ok wifi is mainly in reception and piano bar but this stops you being on your phone all the time. The slight yellowing of bath seal (being really picky) was replaced without us even mentioning it. If you go to cleo park ask for ticket only so you can go whenever you like and leave whenever you like. I would highly recommend the hotels taxi service, like having your own chauffeur! If I had to pick a bad thing it would be booking restaurants, which is by a machine that can get busy and booked up! But this is only 20mins out of your day, you can book 2 days ahead and the buffet restaurant is fine to eat up too. I would definately advise a visit to this hotel!! Felt very spoilt, service is second to none! Great snorkelling off of jetty!

Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Calliefrankie
shaarawim, General Manager at Coral Sea Sensatori - Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear calliefrankie,

Thank you very much for your comments and especially for highlighting Amir and Mohamed, your praise of them has been passed on.

Overall I am pleased you had an amazing two weeks and hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I returned from two weeks at the Sensatori last week.
We travel to A/I hotels 3 times a year, including the Caribbean and Mediterranean resorts, but I can honestly say this hotel took our breath away!
Prior to flying I had emailed Islam the manager to request something for our 15th anniversary which was on our day of travelling. On arriving at our room we had a beautiful anniversary cake and a bowl of fruit - thanks Islam!

We arrived at the airport at 9pm and our bags were labeled with our room number before boarding the coach. On arrival at the hotel we checked in, (amidst some extremely rude Brits shouting that they wanted a room NOW as they had small children- there's always one,) We were escorted to the buffet restaurant, which had been kept open for us. Choice at this time of the evening was limited but adequate. After eating were were the escorted to our rooms to find our bags waiting outside the room - nice touch!!

Our room was beautifully furnished, very modern and clean, top of the range tv, audio system from the tv into the bathroom, shower screen, rather than curtain - yay!! (And a bathroom that doesn't steam up after using the shower! ) Plenty of hanging/ drawer space, ironing board, tea and coffee making facilities - perfect!

The complex is very cleverly designed as no areas ever seemed busy, despite the hotel being at full capacity; three separate pool areas - adult only, children's and general. Being with my husband we stayed at the general, central pool each day.
Being an early riser I would go to the pool for beds around 7.15am (policy is that beds cannot be left unattended until after 8am- at 7.55am the pool manager will do a 'towel swoop') but if you are not worried about where you sit then beds are available up until about 8.30am. However staff would always seem to find beds for families if requested later in the day.

The pool staff were incredible, nothing ever too much trouble and always a smile and a hello! Having travelled to Egypt a number of times we now always bring a bag of pound coins to tip, however others nearby to us still got exceptional service without tipping, so it isn't a necessity! We do it because they work so hard! A special thanks to Ahmed, Ramy, Mahmoud at the centre pool, but special thanks to Fares with his cheeky smile and daily warm greeting!! Service at the pool side was great - drinks, pots of fruit, cold face clothes, packets of crisps - faultless!

Lunch can be taken either in the main buffet, the pool snack bar or the American on the beach , we tried all but preferred the snack bar for burgers and the American for nachos, chilli and tacos!!

Restaurants were incredible and food was exceptional, I enjoyed the fact that you can visit as many times as you wanted and we used them on all but 3 nights. Booking is easy - the first time you need to queue at one of the 4 booking machines at 10am , there is usually a member of staff on hand to help if you are unsure. Once you have booked 3 days in advance, I would then book for the next possible day on our way out in the evening.
We visited all the restaurants, the Italian and Middle Eastern being my favourite, and we visited these both three times. Again the staff were brilliant - if unable to decide between two dishes they would bring us both! We also used the paid restaurants, the tepenyaki is amazing! but unfortunately is under used so the ambiance is lost as there is only ever one cooking station occupied. Had this not been the case we would have revisited as the food was beautiful and the chef there was very entertaining! At the Asian my husband had the lobster which he drawled over all evening, I ordered the duck which I was very disappointed with as they had tried to recreate 'crispy duck with pancakes' by simply over cooking the duck breast. I didn't say anything as I am not one to complain, but if have no doubt that the chef would have cooked me something fresh had I said something. The Stonegrill was a novelty, and food and prices were very good £10 for a rib eye steak.
Our only concern here was that whilst eating at the Stonegrill a young man collapsed and the staff really had no idea how to manage the situation. Another diner , with first aid training took control. Luckily he only passed out momentarily and came around very quickly, I would however have some concerns if someone suffered from a more serious condition such as a stroke or heart attack!?!?

Evening entertainment was extremely good and the best we have ever experienced at an A/L. As a couple we tended to spend ours evenings chilling in the piano bar listening to the live music. On a Monday night they fly in UK comedians for a comedy night at The Clubhouse at 11.15pm for adults only. These were great fun, although a shame that the sets only lasted an hour! Friends that we met here had children's and they booked them into the 'sleep over' on the Monday night so that they could attend the comedy night! They see to have thought of everything! They also have nightly entertainment at The Venue, which others rated very highly.

The Lobby bar allows for a chilled quiet evening, either enjoying the views from outdoor couches looking across the sea, or inside. Prosecco is avialable in the lobby bar between 7-8pm; nice for a pre-dinner drink. A special thanks here to Mohammed and Amir who made our stay extra special with exceptional service!!

A/I drinks end at 12pm, although you really need to get your last orders in at 11.50pm, but they will allow you to 'double up' if you want to! We would often then go and have a quiet drink in the main Lobby bar, which we paid for (extras simply get added onto your bill to pay at check out) - two GnTs costing about £5!

The main reception area, near to the lobby bar turns into 'kiddy corner' at night with everyone trying to access the free wifi - although to be fair there were a large number of adults there too!! Amusing / sad to see the lack of interaction between whole families that are all separately absorbed by their gadgets....

If you are a sports fan like my hubby, this won't be a problem; the Clubhouse and the The Cue both showed all the main footy matches, both air conditioned with a bar - heaven - if you like that sort of thing!!!

Tummy upsets - unfortunately this is something that most of us Brits have to accept when travelling to Egypt!! Most people had an upset tummy, which lasted 1/2 days at most - there is a pharmacy on site which will sort you out really quickly - so at the first signs get some drugs - don't wait!! They work much better that British drugs as they include an anti- bacterial. (My hubby and I use Boots probiotics when travelling to Egypt and our upset tummys lasted only a few hours!)

In conclusion - ignore those comments that slate this hotel - I really don't know what they could do to improve this hotel. We had an incredible stay and will be rebooking for next year!!

Room Tip: Those that booked a swim up room left the pool early 'to get their monies worth' although I...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Sharon H

Dear Sharon H,

Thank you for choosing Sensatori Sharm el Sheikh to celebrate your 15th anniversary, I am very happy to read that you and your husband had an incredible stay.

I look forward to welcoming you both again next year. If there is anything I could help with in advance of this please let me know.