“What a fantastic holiday.”

Ranked #69 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Well what can i say. Room amazing very clean large with amazing airconditioning which was most welcome as temperatures were up to 37degrees and that was in the evening. We stayed just above the gym and spa rooms on the second floor with a beautiful view of the pool.
The people were so friendly and could not do enough for you. Our waiter Reida was the best. We has stella delievered to our room free of ch\rge and pinnapple juice. The food was lovely with plenty of choice and the italian restaurant which is included was a welcome change. Breakfast was different. My partner and i mostly had fried egg and omelettes as the bacon was beef and the sausages were frankfurters but this was not a problem as there was also plenty of continental. Would highly recommend a private speed boat trip which you can get from a man called Max on the beach. You go with a guide to shipwrech and get to swim in a different part of the sea. The best part was our boat was surrounded by DOLPHINS which was truly magical.
The chill out room is a good place to end the evening with light snacks at 11. Take plenty of repellent as i got bit quite a lot from the mozi's. You could use the hilton deluxe opposite as well which was amazing. Huge pool with slides and pool bars. a great time was had by myself and my partner.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dawn t
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to learn that you in general enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in the very near future.

Yours truly

Reviewed 13 June 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 7 nights stay at HSB. We had the most amazing time. We stayed on the old side. The room was very clean and comfortable and had many extra's that we haven't had in Egypt before, some English plug sockets, lighted shaving mirror, walk in shower, soft close drawers, mirrors in USABLE places and some amazing light combinations to play with in the room.
There are lots of nooks and crannies to walk around and find some hidden pools, which we did during the evening because it's too hot during the day. We loved the Sunset Bar for the evenings, very quiet and intimite. We did use the free bus to see around both sides to save our legs. We found the adults only pool and from then on spent our days there. I work with children and love them but I was on holiday and so was nice to chill without the screaming and racing around that they usually do. There are swim up bars which were great and so many sunbirds that they never even got half full so there was no trouble with people reserving.
We are going to return next year, which we have never done before because the only fault I could think of to put on my comments sheet at end of our stay was to say that a few more bins around would be handy. We found we had to collect up our own rubbish cos the bins were always full. The staff were fantastic, very polite and friendly. We ate well at every meal and so definitely cannot complain about that and the resort was exceptionally clean and tidy. We are looking forward to be wearing a white wristband next year as apposed to blue which means that you are a returning holidaymaker. I just hope that this standard can be kept up as I have recommended this hotel to friends and I don't want them disappointed!
Thank you HSB for our relaxing fabulous holiday and see you next year!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed at the Hilton deluxe in sharks bay,the rooms were spotless and the grounds of the hotel and swimming pools were amazing! All I'd say is the food got a little bit boring but it did the job! The staff were all lovely and would do anything to help but I've got to say a massive THANK YOU to Hammin who worked in the main restaurant area! My little boy loved him!! He was by far the best waiter we could of ever of asked for!!so to the Hilton boss if you read this this member of staff wasAMAZING to us!

We will be returning next!!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Catc84
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Hilton Sharks Bay is located fairly close to the airport, this is no problem in the way of noise but great for getting to and from the airport quickly. We booked through Expedia and added on a taxi for transfers to and from the airport which made life easier.
We stayed during half term which was Saturday 2nd June for a week all inclusive with flights from Manchester airport.
On arrival at reception we weren't greeted or given a drink which is something we should really expect. I filled in a form at reception including my Hilton Honours details, unfortunately these were not acknowledged throughout our stay even though other guests had told me they had been offered freebies due to their Hilton Honours cards. The details must have been overlooked and when we checked out I mentioned this and the reception staff who were upset that they had missed it. So if you are HH members make sure this is known to reception on arrival!
We were given a deluxe room on the new side, the room was on the ground floor looking over one of the huge swimming pools. The room was spacious with a lovely big bathroom with walk in shower and bath. We had comfy beds and the room was very clean. Our sons sofa bed had not been made up but a quick call to reception resolved this. There was a fridge in the room but unfortunately there was no mini bar. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room.
The restaurant we frequented most was El Mattam on the new side. Breakfast was brilliant, a lot of variety and really something for everyone. Lunch and dinner were a little hit and miss but we could usually find something we liked. The fresh bread and soup were lovely but the desserts were a little dry on occassions, this could have been resolved by offering syrups or custard perhaps? The staff in the restaurant, all of them, are fantastic, they really could not do enough for us. In particular Hassan one of the resataurant staff went over and beyond, he could not have done any more for us. He made up a special table with beautiful flowers on 2 of the nights we were there. The waiters all knew what we liked to drink and were on hand to give us a top up whenever we wanted. They are all brilliant with children too and we had a lot of laughs with them.
We ate at the Waves Bar, in between the first and second pools, on a couple of occassions. The frist time we waited over 30 minutes without our order being taken so we ate in the main restaurant instead. The other times we didn't have this problem but they did run out of things. You could also get crisps and ice cream from this bar which were included in the all inclusive price, however they ran out of ice creams too.
We ate in the House of Asia on 2 nights, the food was exceptional. The service was fast and I really couldn't fault anything. You can choose between 3 menus of Indian, Thai and Chinese, you can mix and match too. It was very quiet the first night we were there which I'm surprised at. The meal was fantastic value for money and a delightful change from the buffet, I cannot recommend enough.
We visited the Olympic bar most nights for cocktails. There is an indoor area with stage, mainly for children and big TV's which people were watching footrball on. There is an outdoor terrace overlooking the pools which was lovely and peaceful. The staff in the Olympic bar are very efficient and friendly, and very good at making cocktails. I didn't try the all inclusive ones though!
The swimming pools were huge! There were plenty of sun loungers all of the time, the hotel seemed quiet and never seemed too crowded in the pools etc. There are 2 pool slides and waterfalls which the kids loved!
We went to the beach on the other side to do some snorkelling, the beach area is small and like a sun trap as well so be careful. It was 38 degrees while we were there and you could tell on that day! Snorkelling off the jetty was amazing, the fish and coral are beautiful. Our only regret is not doing any diving.
We went on a couple of excursions organised by the Safari company within the hotel, one to the Aqua Park which our 10 year old enjoyed a lot which was around 60EGP including lunch, and also to Dolphinella where you can swim with dolphins. The dolphins were my favourite part of the whole trip, not cheap at 3000 EGP for 30 minutes for 3 of us but I feel it was well worth the money.
We took a wander over to Soho Square, it was clean and safe but I didn't particuarly like it. The shops were selling fake designer goods at apparent designer prices! We went into the french restaurant above the Queen Vic 'pub' for dinner, L'entrecote Steak House. The steak was very good but the service was not! We waited so long it ruined our evening. We did see a premiership footballer in there though as we were leaving!
I visited the spa to have treatments a couple of times, the spa staff are very good at what they do and I really enjoyed my massage.
There is a shop and bank on each side of the hotel and cash machines too. There is Wi Fi but it's a bit hit and miss especially outside of the reception area.
I have to comment on the cleaner we had, he did a fantastic job and even made us lovely towel animals, different ones every day which is a nice touch.
I think all in all it's a very good hotel with amazing staff, I think as other reviews suggest they cannot please everyone with the food at the hotel but are trying and the staff more than make up for anything negative.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms on the new side are a lot bigger than the old side rooms
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank bex2011
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.

Yours truly

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I was reading these reviews and thought i'd pop a little mention in of my own. I stayed last year for a week and thought this hotel was excellent.Staff were great and our room on the deluxe side of the hotel was amazing. Only complaint i would have is the food. Terrible selection, food cold and very badly presented with food congealing on the serving spoons. I personally would not go back for this reason alone. I have stayed at the 5 star Sultans Gardens and also the Sierra along the road from HSB and would recommend either. The food was definetely of a much higher standard than HSB. In my opinion you need to go 5 star in Sharm to get a decent hotel, the difference is noticeable from 4 star to 5 star.Come on HSB get your food standards up and you may end up winning back more return guests.

Room Tip: All rooms on deluxe side are new , modern and have a pool view. Old side looking a bit dated. If you...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank herbii

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

I am sorry that you felt the food did not live up to your expectations.

We are of course sorry that you did not consider raising your concerns with the senior management team whilst here, who would have made every effort to address your concerns. We pride ourselves on our service levels and take feedback seriously in order that we can address any specific issues.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you do give the hotel another chance on your next visit to Sharm, as we contently strive to improve the service to our guests.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 11 June 2012

spent 2 wks at the hilton at the end of march.The food was bad ,not of good quality,hotel staff we found friendly.3 big pools at the delux end the middle one was heated and the other 2 were very cold.overall did not blow me away. Location good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 007steve
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Hilton Sharks Bay and i cant beleive the bad reviews on here. My husband and i had a fantastic time. Food was the best we've had in any Egyptian hotel and we've stayed in 12 different hotels. We stayed in the old side but you can use your all inc in the deluxe side too. The rooms are spotless the staff are amazing and made our holiday complete especially the pool bar staff. A special thank you to AMIR. BEHER and TAMER who worked so hard behind the poolbar and always had smiles and entertained us. Within walking distance of Soho Square which is pretty but expensive. Only a 10 min taxi ride to Naarma Bay and Nabq Bay which are both lively with brit bars KFC' hard rock' McDonalds' TGI's. We are returning in Sept and again next May. Missing you already guys see you soon. Jane and Ade x

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1014 which was quieter but had a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple