“Very comfortable and welcoming!”

Ranked #70 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My boyfriend and I went to stay at this hotel for 11 nights from the end of October and we were very pleased overall. We arrived very late and check in was simple and easy and were upgraded for free. We were pleased with the room on the new side of the resort. The shower was big, the room was clean and the bed was more comfortable than our one at home! The room was cleaned every day and the cleaners made us lovely towel sculptures! A nice, personal touch.
The food was good all round. I would recommend going to the buffet restaurants early to avoid having food being sat there for a while. There were a few days where there seemed to be a lot of flies so we got in early to avoid having food that had been landed on! The Il Rustico restaurant had great food and service although we had to wait 3 days for a table because they were fully booked. We ate in the Bedouin restaurant one night and were very pleased again, it was warm, welcoming and felt very authentic with the shisha lounges round the edge.
The local beer is Sakara and was nice to drink. We also tried the red wine which was good too. I wouldn't recommend the all-inclusive cocktails. The spirits were very harsh and the juices too sweet and watery. We paid for a couple of cocktails and the difference of having proper fruit juices and branded spirits was surprising! I think having the spirits with a fizzy mixer like pepsi or 7up is more palatable than the watery, sugary fruit mixers.
You will have people approach you round the pool every day to book for activities or spa treatments. I had a spa treatment and loved it! We booked a couple of things from the pool side so it's worth doing to avoid hassle. The pools were good and quiet down at the far end of the new side. Having a child free pool was a bonus for a quiet days sunbathing! The pool bars were ok. I wouldn't recommend the food or service at the Waves pool bar. The waiters are more interested in dancing around and singing to each other than serving people and the food was basic. We waited in excess of 15 minutes just to be approached at our table on both times we went!
Try snorkeling at the beach! The coral and fish were amazing. The mask, snorkel & fins are available for hire for a deposit but doesn't tell you the deposit amount ANYWHERE on the info in the room so we were surprised to learn at the beach that it was 400 Egyptian Pounds EACH for our gear which was given back on return of the equipment at 5pm.
The airport is VERY close to this hotel, especially the new side. You WILL hear the planes taking off and landing all day and into the late evening. It didn't bother us but it was loud. I would recommend taking a deet based mosquito repellent or buying "OFF!" from the shop in the hotel. I got 11 bites on the first night but none after buying using "OFF!" spray.
I would recommend this hotel to friends & family but reluctant to return to the country following contracting a tummy bug which has stayed with us for a week so far. Apparently it's something to expect from visiting Egypt!

Room Tip: Get a room in the new side or ask for one near the beach!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

We have noted your comment regarding the Waves bar and we will pass it on to the concerned department for corrective action.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Booked the holiday two weeks before going thinking that The Hilton would be up to there usual standard.Arrived after a good flight a hectic and chaotic Sharm Airport feeling ready to get to the room and start to chill.... wrong......we firstly got offered an upgrade we decided to stay with what we had booked with but on seeing the room we was so disapointed it was shabby, the floor was dirty and the tiles cracked the room was in need of updating and to be honest it was not the Hilton. We reluctantly upgraded to the cost of £85 we then got taken to the new side to block 7025 what a difference this was this was lovely and we also found out that some of the rooms over at the old side had also been updated to this standard. The adult pool area situated outside our room was clean,quite and relaxing. The food was just about acceptable the lager was good furthermore i think they had been told to improve the food by the end of the week as it did get better. Would I go back funnily enough I would,we met some lovely people both travellers and locals thouroughly enjoyed the walk into Soho Square, snorkerling,speedboat and cruise to Tiran Island.

Room Tip: The new side was better,flatter to walk around the shuttle bus was regular about every ten minutes...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank staffy
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am sorry that you felt the hotel did not live up to your expectations.

We have taken notes of your comments and will pass them to the concerned department for action.

May I thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Sharks Bay in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Security are rude and they are not customer oriented . They were very rude in front of my guest ,they embarrassed me in front of my guest and my wife also the guest was going to a price excluded area. They chased us and through her out!!!!
Food is not good and waiters are not customer oriented, my advise to any one who wants to reserve to this hotel think again, don't go to this hotel, even the pools are not heated, it's my worst experience ever.

Will never go again !!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aziz A

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Sharks Bay Resort for your recent holiday and for your feed back on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests.

We are concerned to learn about your comments regarding your stay with us and they have been noted and will pass it on to the concerned department for corrective action and to ensure that these situations do not reoccur in the future

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you do give the hotel another chance on your next visit to Sharm, as we constantly strive to improve the service to our guests.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Just back from a 10 day trip to Hilton Sharks Bay.

First and foremost I must thank the management and staff of the hotel. My daughter has a Wheat/Gluten and Lactose intolerance. They were informed of this beforehand and did everything they could to make her stay good. Two people who helped enormously, Shariff (Italian Restaurant Manager) and Esmutt (Manager main restaurant Mountain side) who were so very very helpful. Thankyou.

Check In was Very efficient. As an HHonours member, I didn’t have to complete the form. We were taken by buggy to our room on the new side which was very nice.

I didn’t get bitten once. My daughter had 1 bite on her forehead, which the manager of the main restaurant noticed. He asked for our room number and said that he would get it sprayed. I did ask that it be left until the morning as my daughter as asthma and it would affect her breathing. Sure enough it was done the next day.

There are two sides to this hotel. Beach and mountain side. I am extremely glad we were on the mountain side. I have a problem with walking and this side was flat. Beach side very hilly and loads of steps, so if you have mobility problems, this is not a good side. The airport runway is at the end of the hotel which I admit did worry me for noise. However, I counted the seconds that you could actually hear a plane when it started its take off. The most was 12 seconds and after a couple of days you didn’t actually notice the planes.

Poolside. The pool bar and its staff were good. Always ready to help and serve. They do lovely snacks through the day, up till (I think) 6.00p.m in the evening. Pool was really cold and think this is something the Management should think about. It should be heated as I feel being in the heat and then into ice cold water may contributes to upset tummies.

Animation Team. One of the best I have ever come across. Adriano, Duff and MoMo on the mountain side were entertaining all day, and in the evenings in the Olympic Bar. Echo from the “other” side also came over a couple of times and again was very entertaining. These guys work very very hard and are always happy and on the go. They are very friendly always ready to chat and have a laugh. They need all the thanks, which they certainly have from us as they helped make the holiday.

Drinks: Cocktails were made from local drinks, which are obviously not quite as good as “international” brands. If you wanted these brands the cost was 40 Egyptian pounds (GBR pounds 4). I had the best Margarita in the QBar I think I have ever had. One thing changed whilst we were there and that was the Q Bar was supposed to be “over 18” only which made it an adult bar, which was nice. This changed when we were there to Over 12. I think this is a mistake and it should remain adults only.

Food: The food that was there was nicely cooked and to a certain extent varied. If you couldn’t find something to eat then I would say you are very fussy. I do agree with some observations, that I think the food that was there could have been more varied, i.e. different salads. Given that there are 7 restaurants over the two sites, I think there is pretty much something for everyone. Restaurant staff work very hard and are always ready to help and get drinks for you.

Room: Was large, lovely bathtub, walk in shower. 3 very large cupboards, fridge, safe (which you don’t have to pay for) flat screened tv, and coffee/tea in your room. Very comfortable beds. The rooms were kept clean and tidy with some lovely “towel art” every day. On the odd day that we didn’t have towels, a quick phone call and we had some within 15 mins. Perhaps an investment in some new towels would alleviate this problem.

All in all we had a fantastic relaxing break which was much needed. We have already booked to go back in February 2013 and look forward to meeting all the staff again.

Room Tip: Romms on the New Side. Although near the airport there is very little disruption
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Once again, we thank you very much for your report and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Sharks Bay.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Recently returned from a 7 night all inclusive stay at this hotel with my other half and although it does not meet the usual standards I would expect of a 4* hotel, it certainly met the standards for what we paid. For less than £700 each I think it was very good value as we have stayed in 4* hotels in the past and paid a couple of grand each so you get what you pay for.

Check in- we had no problems at check in, we had a very helpful receptionist who dealt with us quickly and efficiently and arranging our upgrade to a deluxe room. We then had a golf cart take us to our room with a gentleman who pointed out where everything was along the way, he then delivered us and our bags to the room, showed us how everything worked and answered some of our questions. He then dropped us off at the restaurant so we could get some dinner.

The room- this was good sized with clean, tasteful furniture. There was a nice sized tv, a mini fridge, kettle, iron, ironing board, hair drier and safe. The air conditioning was switched straight on and got to work immediately. We also had a nice sized balcony that faced onto the pool. The bathroom had a walk in shower and a good sized bath with a shower attachment, there was also a pull out clothes line which my other half used to dry his diving kit.

The food- to be fair we only used 3 of the restaurants so didn't have much scope to compare. We mainly used the main restaurant in the new part and if I'm honest the food wasn't to die for but I didn't go hungry. Every meal time we found something that we both enjoyed and my boyfriend is fussy. There were quite a few things that I hadn't tried before and thought were ok, there were some things that were a bit dodgy tasting but I'm sure others may have liked them. The way I see it is there is a large amount of guests to cater for and a constant stream entering the restaurant so they won't please everybody all of the time but we survived and I really enjoyed most of the puddings available and loved the pancakes and pastries at breakfast. This is probably why my clothes are a little tight now. We booked into the Asian restaurant on our last night and that was delicious, really good tasty (although small portions) food.

The pool- we stuck to the new side for the pool and I have no complaints, my boyfriend was diving most days so didn't really spend much time at the poolside at all. I spent my mornings on the beach and stuck to the pool after lunch. I never had problems getting a lounger and enjoyed the trip to the bars to top up my piña coladas. There was music played, I wouldn't necessarily call it "chavtastic" although not my cup of tea so listened to my iPod instead. as we were checking out we over heard a man who looked younger than us complaining about the music and children by the pool and we had a good laugh about how some people moan about everything. I certainly wasn't bothered by any children in fact the sound of laughter is nice to hear.

The beach- again I never had problems finding a lounger and wasn't botheredby the music being played. At some points it's a bit crowded with the loungers but it didn't bother me too much. To cool down I would walk down the pontoon and have a look at the fish on the coral, which was lovely to see as I don't really like the snorkelling/scuba element so was nice to see the fishies while on dry land. Again, my piña coladas were topped up with very little wait at the bar and a few times I got waiter service. I didn't find the beach particularly dirty and I've seen worse.

Fitness suite- we only used the smaller suite on the new side but we both enjoyed it, it had everything we both needed for a good sweaty session and was well air conditioned. The tv's on the equipment didn't work and obstructed the view of the mirror thus causing problems judging my gait whilst on the treadmill but this was a 2-minute minor inconvenience.

Spa- I had the cleopatra treatment and it was amazing, in all I had 8 treatments over 100 minutes and it was worth every penny. I had a lovely Thai lady who has magic hands and a really sweet giggle and soothing voice. I floated around for the rest of the day.

Day trips- we booked the cleo park water park through the concierge. He took our room number and arranged a pick up at 10.30. We were told to come to the main reception at 10.30 for pick up but given no ticket so we were a bit concerned. At 10.30 prompt we were picked up by a man who knew us by room number, still no ticket. He took us to cleo park and walked up to the entrance with us to speak to the desk where we were then given tickets. I was really worried that we weren't going to get in so maybe this could have neen explained to us better but once in all was forgiven. We thoroughly enjoyed our day there and didn't ave long queues for the slides so got lots of opportunity to use everything several times.

We enjoyed the banter at the Q Bar and had regular drink top ups. If you want to pay for branded spirits you can but I had no problem with the local stuff. Sandwiches and cakes are brought up by the kitchen later in the evening so there are some nice snacks. The staff throughout the hotel were very polite and courteous and actually very nice, there was one of the animation team that really annoyed me but to this day I can't say why, he just had one of those faces.

We visited Naema bay a couple of evenings and had a gorgeous meal at the Hard Rock Cafe one night, the other night a restaurant I can't remember the name of. Naema bay was irritating to me because it's constant hassle. Although ladies get an ego boost when every guy tells your other half he's a lucky man and on one occasion my fella was told he had a lovely daughter (he was not amused). Everything is cheap and you can barter if you can be bothered but for us everything was fake and not worth the energy.

A short walk from the hotel is Soho Square which is lovely at night with the street entertainment, it has an ice rink, 10-pin bowling and some really nice bars and restaurants. There are shops too but again full of fake stuff.

Neither of us suffered the trots during the holiday but on the flight home I started getting terrible cramps in my stomach and feeling generally unwell. I don't blame the hotel for that though as it could have been from anything and it was only me affected.

Overall I would say if you want a cheap holiday and aren't the type of person who moans about everything (although I don't think whiners know they are doing it) then book it. If you want a real 4* experience then pay the extra grand each and go elsewhere. I don't know if I'd go back because I do like my luxury but if I'm going to slum it then I'd probably do it here again.

Room Tip: We don't know what the old side was like but we liked the new side. The new side of the hotel is...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank futuremrsstorey
Managment-Hilton, PA to GM at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Me and my sister both 18/19 have just come back from a weeks stay at hilton, and found it great! The staff where all friendly and the area was really nice. We stayed on the old side and where expecting the worse after reading the reviews on here but where surprised at the good quality rooms and the lovely pool. On the new side the pools are very shallow and full of kids which wasn't our cup of tea! The only major issues was the food! which was terrible!! Had to eat out in naama bay and soho square every night. Also the beach was very disappointing, you had to pay to go in the sea!! Also got bitten to death which was a nightmare! Also room service/ concierge is very poor had to ring 20 times before anyone came to the room. When we went there was a lot of Russian tourists we where practically the only English at the time when we stayed which was ashame. Apart from those minor details had a wonderful holiday, would recommend the Mega safari as you do so much in one day! Also T.G.I. Fridays in naama bay was amazing food and the staff do magic tricks and pacha was great for those who love clubbing.

Would recommend to anyone!
P.S. sign up to the Hilton honors it is 100% free and meant we got a free mini bar and got to check out 1 hour later which was really handy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danii C
Managment-Hilton, General Manager at Hilton Sharks Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review of your recent holiday.

We value your comments both good and bad, as it is only through the eyes of our guests that we can improve our service and guests experience.

Your comments will be used by myself and my management to improve our service and please be rest assured that your feedback is taken very seriously.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards.

Clive Schreiber

Reviewed 8 November 2012

This hotel has two sites both on opposite sides of the road. The Standard side (which we stayed on) and the deluxe site. The standard site leads down to the beach, the deluxe requires you walk across both sites or get the free bus. You get offered the opportunity to up grade for about £18 a night when you check in. You get a larger TV and a patio onto the main pool area, but the rooms are no bigger and there is really little value in upgrading. The deluxe site has one very large pool and all accomodation faces onto it. The standard site and lots of private, quieter areas, like villages and areas of different character.

First thing that struck me is this is a very pretty place to stay. There are flowers and gardens everywhere, and a team of gardeners working every day. The staff are very helpful and hard working. It is a clean and well managed hotel.

We stayed all inclusive and for a change did not feel like we needed to escape to get good food. There are several restaurant option over the site, you choose accordingly. The food was good, lots of choice, it was fresh and regular generous chicken and beef portions, unusual for Egypt we have found. Fresh baked breads were a treat. Coffee was good, drink and bottled water provided (Bakara).

There was free Wifi at reception, good outside of peak times (like most places). There is a good, well equiped gym (that is unusual), spa, multiple types of massage/therapy offered (expensive). Games room (table tennis and pool - though pool equipment was incomplete and broken for entire time we were there).

Room were clean, beds very comfortable, air conditioning effective and free (hate places that charge you extra for it).large bathroom, shower area (which was better than having a shower cubicle like the deluxe site). TV with standard foriegn channels. A free safe is provided in the wardrobe which you program a combination into, very handy.

There is a daily fumegation of hotel grounds grounds around dusk. If you don't take insect repellent with you and apply it on a night then that is your fault if you get bitten, which you will, as with anywhere else in Egypt.

We had no problems with food until I ate the seafood risotto in the italian restaurant and my son had a mussel/shell fish thing in the main restaurant. Then we had the trots for two days. I expected better from this hotel, it's the only criticism I can find, but significant enough to spoil a holiday for some.

I would go back again, but not in October, we had 3 days where it was overcast and no clear sunshine, plus a little rain. It remained a pleasant 36-7 degrees each day. Day are short though, dark by 4.30pm.

Room Tip: Choose the graden view room 101-924. Avoid deluxe rooms if you don't wanna feel part of a crowd...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family