“2nd visit to this hotel”

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
Ranked #69 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We have been to this hotel twice, two years on the run, both times early in the year.
We found the hotel to be in a lovely location, and most evenings we took a walk across the main road over to the prom and then around the shops, which was very lively.
The second time we visited the hotel was around the trouble in Egypt, the hotel was very quiet, only half the dining room was open, the food was very repetative, what was on for evening meal was on for lunch the next day, and was often cold.
We often waited to be seated in the resturant for our meals, not beause the waiter was busy many times they were just standing talking.
The resturant,bar and pool bar struggled for glasses and many time we had to wait for our drink,to go with our meal while the waiter found some glasses in the resturant. To solve this problem in the bar of an evening we always used the same glass.
On our second visit we were pestered into having a massage around the pool, which I found embarising because they pulled at my swimming costume bottoms and didnt pull the curtians around, and I had to shout before they would do it.
There are lots of cats around the pool area and we found a couple of dogs in the evening too.
There is no entertainment, of a day/evening.
The rooms were cleaned every day very well and we were provided with towel art on our bed every morning.
We were sent a lovely cake to our room because it was our wedding annversary while we were there.
We were given a room to shower and change in after check out time as we were not getting picked up for till late afternoon.
Lovely litle bottles of shampoo etc in the bathroom.
A safety deposit box in the room provided.
Bottled water provided in the rooms daily.
If we were to come back to Sharm, and wanted to come to Naama bay, we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank debbsliverpool
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort in the soonest future.

Magdy Metwally

Write a ReviewReviews (3,127)

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We've just got back from Hilton dreams. Better forget the all inclusive package stick to BB and very very poor choice of food.If you have kids under 8 know that you'll be crossing the road each time to go to the main beach. The chef at the snack was stingy and rude. Expect to tip constantly to get what you need. The pool had food floating in it...the result of the pool bar I guess.kids had fun changing pools. The staff at the maon beach though were great ,polite helpfull,especially karim. And we took a sailing boat trip that was sooo lovely booked by Sameh at the sina Dream wich was simply the best part of the trip...the main focus was snorkling and looking at the beautifull fishes that didn't desapoint.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is my third visit to this hotel, I always enjoyed it. This visit the hotel was busy with customers however the service was still good, big variety of pools and restaurants. Must visit Cleo park near it.

1  Thank Wfarouk
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,

It was really a pleasure having you with us and we are honoured to know that you are planning to give us the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

It is the commitment from all the team to exert our utmost efforts to make your stays with us memorable and enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

its nice hotel, pools and kids areas are very nice, spacious rooms, near to Naama bay.
the internet is too expensive, breakfast is not that much.
in general the hotel is very nice, I could back to it again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank fulklur
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear Guest,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

WONDERFUL,
Just returned from a weeks all-inclusive stay at the Hilton Sharm Dreams, Having stayed previously at the Hiltons/Radisson/Marriott throughout Europe, my expectations were high and this stay exceeded everything. From the moment we arrived as a family the welcome, help and generosity shown by each member of staff was excellent. It has a sense of friendliness and welcoming which is of highest standards and superior.
Great food - not only at the restaurants but also at the snack bars and endless choice of drinks.
What mattered most was 'Family Friendly Hotel' and I wlll not hesistate to make this trip regularly in future.
Also got to speak to the General Manager, A Kind, Courteous and thorough Professional who went out of his way to help us with excursions and his excellent knowledge of surrounding areas. 10/10.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Amin K

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed here as a family of four 1st week of Easter Holidays. Really liked the hotel and especially the location. Would really like to go back for a week at Easter next year but maybe need a room nearer the reception as it was quite a walk from our Block 7. Block 1 2 and 3 seem closer and ideal rooms. Would like to see next time that wine is served all day and all night not just at meal times. With regards to the food Breakfast is fine and lunch is ok but at night the buffet is just not good enough so we eat out every night and found some fantastic restaurants. Little Budda is a must !! This doesnt put me off going back to the hotel but they really do need to improve the Food Choices at the buffet.

Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed at Sharm Dream all inclusive 29th Mar - 5th Apr 2012, my only regret was that I did not book a longer trip. I was so nervous after having read some of the negatives comments here, there really was no need for them. My son (13) and niece (16) were my travelling companions and was told by both this was their best holiday ever.
From the minute we arrived and checked in with Hany at reception we were made to feel welcome and safe...our room situated near the warm pool was clean and each day the lovely cleaner Mohammed added flower decorations on our beds.
With such great weather I assumed all the sun loungers would go, I neednt have worried, I was always able to get one. The all inclusive food is how you would expect a varied choice a lil bland but again no complaints as none of my party were ill with upset stomachs.
The hotel is clean and the staff are all so friendly, more importantly for me it was safe the kids were able to be in the pool or playing table tennis/snooker whilst I relaxed in the sun.
Waleed the excursion worker on site was amazing and arranged aqua park trips as well as quad biking and bedouin evening in the desert - all of which I highly recommend.
The location is amazing so close to literally everything - every evening we would take a stroll to Naama Bay or take a 5 minute taxi ride to the old town.
I will certainly be returning to this hotel as it was more than I could have hoped for...
Highly recommended...

1  Thank Nadia E

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write this detailed piece of information, which gives an overview to our future guests and consequently help them choose our property.