“Excellent Hotel/location and Staff A+” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
Ranked #66 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel/location and Staff A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Dreams from the 8th - 15th May 2012 as a solo traveller. I arrived at around midday, expecting to wait till 2pm to check in but was greeted very nicely and made to feel very welcome by Yasser Kammel and the other check in staff.
I was told that I would only have to wait 10 minutes and I was given a cooling fruit cocktail while i waited. The check in staff were very helpful & informative.
Although this was my first trip to the Hilton Dreams, the receptionist did recognise that I had stayed at all the other Hilton Hotels in Sharm.

I was given a very nice room (number 1105) which over looked the main pool and was very close to reception. The complex overall was very nice & kept in excellent condition.
I was given 2 bottles of water every day in my room plus there were complimentary tea & coffee making facilities. I was also given a complimentary fruit bowl which was a nice touch.
The bed was comfortable & clean, there was plenty of storage and the bathroom was clean with a shower over the bath. The room was modern and cleaned to a high standard.There was a good choice of film channels on the T.V as well.

There was a huge choice of food at the main buffet restaurant for breakfast. There really is something for everyone!
If you don't see what you want just ask. The staff are very happy to help.
I ate plenty of fruit and salads and other local dishes and never suffered with a bad stomach. They obviously keep high standards of hygiene in the Hilton's kitchens.
I was really happy to see that the restaurants are non smoking as I personally don't like to breathe in smoke while I am eating!
I also ate at the pool bar, the food was freshly cooked and of a high standard. The waiters were very nice and friendly.
I only stayed bed & breakfast at the Hilton Dreams as I prefer to eat out & about in a variety of local restaurants, but I'm sure the half board or All Inclusive options would be great.
Again if you don't see what you would like, just ask! The staff are very willing to help.

The beach is a 5 minute walk across the road, through the sister hotel, the Hilton Fayrouz. The beach is shared by the 2 hotels and towels are provided at the beach. The Hilton has the longest stretch of beach in Naama Bay. There are plenty of fish to be seen in the shallows and the fish & coral get better the further you swim out.
There are plenty of sun loungers and there is a beach bar and toilets are next to the reception area of the Hilton Fayrouz.

I spent quite a few days by the large main pool in the Dreams which was very pleasant, the only drawback I found was that I was going for breakfast at approx 7.30-8am and two thirds of the sunbeds had towels on them reserving them and a lot of the time it wasn't until 10.30am before most of them actually had people using them. So all the best spots were taken up.
The animation team were very lively & friendly, aqua gym etc. I also had a massage next to the pool which was good.

The location of the Hilton Dreams is excellent, it's just a few minutes walk to all the hussle & bustle of Naama Bay. My tip is to cross the main road, walk through the grounds of the Hilton Fayrouz then you will find the beach front promenade which is very pleasant to walk along. There are many bars & restaurants to choose from in Naama bay and I enjoyed eating out somewhere new each night. It also worth catching a local bus or taxi to the Old Market, just 10 minutes drive away.
Many Sharm hotels are in remote areas that mean you have to catch a taxi to get anywhere so do your research on where you are planning to stay. I don't think the Hilton Dreams can be beaten on location.
I was also impressed at the security of the Hilton Dreams, most Sharm hotels have security guards & scanners that you walk though and I felt very safe staying at this hotel.

Most of the staff I encountered were very smiley and helpful and I felt that I was valued as a guest and a loyal Hilton customer. I think it is worth paying extra to stay at a hotel with such excellent customer service. I didn't have any problems during my stay, but I feel confident that any issues would have been dealt with swiftly & professionally as i had regular calls asking me if everything was ok.
I would happily return to the Hilton Dreams and would highly recommend this hotel to family & friends. I have visited Sharm 12 times and the Hilton Dreams is up there in my top favourite hotels!
This will definatly be my first choice hotel next time i visit.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank AUDACITY89
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write this detailed piece of information, which gives an overview to our future guests and consequently help them choose our property.

It was really a pleasure having you with us and we are honoured to know that you are planning to give us the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

It is the commitment from all the team to exert our utmost efforts to make your stays with us memorable and enjoyable.

Magdy Metwally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I booked a room for two at the Hilton Dreams for 8 nights and sent an email a week before ariving mentioning one of the guests has a broken ankle and is on crutches, we requested a room near the entrance and a large room with alot of space so its easy for her to walk around in. we also requested an early check in as we would be arriving at 5am and pick up from the airport to the hotel.
we sent 3 or 4 emails asking if the hotel is disabelled friendly and didnt get any reply until the day before checking in (the day we fly out) we had so much to do, we were so busy, had to run around and pack last minute and didnt have the time to send and recieve emails.

Upon arrival the only thing done was the airport pick up and once we arrived we were given a room far away from the entrance, there was no wheel chair available and the room that was given was a room with dirty sheets, blood stains on the bed, flys on the bed, hair on the bed and the AC wasnt working. my sister whos the guest whos broken her ankle had to walk all the way to the end of the resort and her foot was all swollen and blue and the staff at the reception didnt even consider to transport us in a buggy or arrange a wheelchair. the reception staff was embarressed and still didnt do anything about it. whats worse is that it was boiling hot, and when we arrived to the room the staff member forgot to cut the key and the key card wasnt activated, he had to go back to the reception and didnt even have a master key. we hads to wait in the heat and we were dehydrated.
we were extremely furious demanded to see the manager once we got in the room, we refused to be in a room that was dirty and so far away and we even requested a room close to the entrance. we were very upset the guest relations team didnt respond to our emails with great communication and we had to remind them upon arrival when we sent them an email notice as well.
As we checked in early we couldnt be offered a room move straight away which we understood and we couldnt see the manager as he started his shift at 9am and we were offered complementry breakfast for the day as an appoligy for all our request not being met.

once the manager arrived at 9am we were shown 3 rooms, which were exactly the same, at the end of the resort and not bigger. he then showed us a juniour suite and said theres an extra charge for it and we could settle it at the end of the stay.
as the vacation went on we saw a cocroach in the room, house keeping had to bring a big machine to get rid of it.
one of the bathrooms was blocked and maintenence had to come every day to clean the water and they never managed to fix the drain.
they never gave enough towels and we always had to ask for more
the AC again wasnt working in the new room
breakfast wasnt the best it was the same food everyday and it can get boring
the pool food was really good and cheap however the pool did get dirty and we had to ask for it to be cleaned.
we had 6 spa treatmants at the spa and it was really relaxing however they couldnt speak very well english and the changing room in the spa was really smelly and had a bad odour

As the junior suite wasnt up to standards as well the manager Yaseer offered the upgrade complementry and every day emeneties were sent to the room. we had prawns, arabian sweets and 2 fruit bowls. the manager also allowed of the hotel transport and arranged a drop off too,

we were pleased with everything the manager did for us and how he dealt with our complaints but it would have been better if his team had done it before hand and was prepared. the lack of comunication wasnt the best but they did please us overall.

i would stay here again and infact i'll be staying again in 3 months time.
im looking forward to staying here again and hopefully this time round i wont have to see the manager so much.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort in the soonest future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

My 4th time at Hilton, the staff are unbeilavable, service 1st class, the nicest people I have ever come across in my life, great staff team, Gardens pools etc well maintained, I will be back, watch out for the 3 dodgy characters at pool side, taking photos and making ornaments out of sand only joking 3 great lads, great presents value for money very gifted artist, photos are the best, can be taken any were in hotel and the presentation is very good, see you all soon good luck on the spinning ha ha Stan Madgin

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank WMaster6564

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed on HSDR many times, I like it so much
the hotel is in Naama Bay, have the best beach you ever sea in Naama bay Sharm,
it is a sand beach not coral as most of sharm holtels.
you will injoy there.

Room Tip: the best rooms on the main pool
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed there 3 weeks ago, The hotel have great facilities but for me I did not receive the service standard that I was looking for, I enjoyed my time but was going mad each time I interact with a service rep, I even left a complaint card at the reception and no one bothered to contacted me..

It was rarely seeing somebody smiling in my face, most of the time staff is sleepy, most of them don’t offer extra help or any attention, most of them don’t offer a solution, and most of the time I was offering the solution, and argue to let my solution work!

I think that the first incident in the hotel has affected the whole vacation,

Upon checking in, reception refused to check me in with my wife in the same room, they told me you should have brought a marriage certificate! they did not tell me why, but after 15- 20 minutes of negotiation to prove she is my wife, I discovered that Egyptians should bring their marriage certificate! then I told them “wait…I am not Egyptian” ( I am Jordanian) , and my wife is not Egyptian ( she is Palestinian) and you should have told me why from the beginning so that no one’s time is wasted,

I thought problem solved, but then I had to spend another 15- 20 minutes convincing them that Palestinian travel document issued from the Egyptian embassy in Jordan for a person who lives in Jordan does not mean that this person is Egyptian because if so, she would be holding an Egyptian passport instead, and she won’t require a visa to go to Egypt !!! because it’s clear that a person who apply for a visa to a specific country does not carry its nationality right? I even told the receptionist to contact the airport to make sure that what I was telling is true!!

This incident and many others made me feel that the staff don’t have solutions, it’s easy for them to say no, we don’t have, do it yourself, rather than making things work and make the word NO the last thing to say even though NO should not be said in a hotel in my opinion.

Anyway, I won’t go there again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank moutasem K

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Me and my friend came to this hotel. we saw the mixed reviews and were very weary, but upon arrival i could see we made the best decision ever. Mohamhed at the desk was very friendly, the 1st night we had some mosquitios in our room, we called reception and within 5mins someone came and sparyed our room.

we stayed in 7021 and the cleaner was fantastic, everytime we saw him he would always ask if the room was clean enough. The rooms were immaculate. it was me and a friend so we have a huge twin room. we asked for a pool or sea view and its exactaly what we got.

Food was fanstastic i am a meat eater so all the food was very well cooked and my friend was a veg so had more limits but the staff were helpful and we found the food very tasty.

we read about how we had to give tips for a friendly service, but we didnt have to do no such thing. All the staff were always smily and friendly.

the entertainment team were great. made friends with Jasmine and the other lady, they were great. And the pool side staff near the pool bar were fantastic, Mostafa was fanstatic and would always bring us drinks or icecream without us asking, he even knew our names by the end.

we loved out time and we are coming back next year with more family. thank you Hilton staff.

Lena and Shreena

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lena P

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Very nice well presented hotel, very friendly and helpful staff always checking to ensure you are enjoying your holiday or is there anything they can do for you. This was all through the hotel from getting your towels in the morning to having your final drink in the evening very friendly helpful service. The rooms are big spacious and clean up to the standard you would expect from a Hilton. The food was of a good standard for all inclusive, I did book and try the tex mex restaurant food was excellent just needed a little more chilli kick for me but maybe that's my taste. All in all great weather great service great holiday and have no issue recommending this hotel to anyone.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TAMember06072012
Dear Guest,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.