“Very nice room, Staff and Location”

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
Ranked #66 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very nice room, Staff and Location”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We stayed here at the end of the egyptian rioat in feb 2011 and the hotel was extremly quiet and only had a handful of guests, for this reason i think the food was re used and was quite repetative, although it was still quite nice. the staff are all lovely! our room was over looking the pool and was really nice, my only complaint would be that the heated pool was quite small and was always really busy when we went to use it (even though there must have been only 50 people in the hotel) so i would imagine when the hotel is busy this could be a problem as the main pool is huge and doesnt heat up very easily, although in peak season this wouldnt be a problem! (we visited in February)
Also the beach is in the sister hotel across the road which you cannot use your all inclusive in so that is quite a pain if you want to make a day of in at the beach.
dont do excursions via your rep, walk in to town and book then through the funny ship stall thing in the indoor shopping centre, he is a really helpfull guy and you can really barter with him , quad biking in the dessert in a must, it was amazing, we went twice in one week and as we tipped the guys the 1st time we were taken off on our own for an extra long quad ride up hills to see some amazing views! if you do horse riding, beware the horses are extremely underfed and can be quite upsetting for animal lovers.....i took a huge bag of apples for the horses and the stable men were very grateful of this and let me feed all the horses in their stables.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Guest,

It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever.

It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Magdy Metwally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
hull
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed here for the night due to monorch. True we were put miles away and my daughter has a heart condition. We rang reception and they brought us a golf cart type of thing to take us for our meals etc. We just picked up the phone and asked about time of meals etc. Everybody was very helpful. The food was lovely after staying for 2 weeks at our hotel this was decent always plenty of choice and piping hot. The rooms were very nice a little cramped as there was 4 of us in ours. But the oaf pulled out into a bed. The air conditioning was awful they tried to repair it but still it was no good. We were ll really hot that night. There did seem to be lots of ants and other creepy crawls more so in the corridoors. We had a swim in one of the pools which was spotlessly clean. All in all a nice hotel .

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank traveller2000hull
ExOffice, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

Loved the hotel & service everything was great -- pools, food, friendly staff, excellent breakfast & very clean!!
Will definatly stay again thank you x

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Ahmedmcr
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to write this detailed piece of information, which gives an overview to our future guests and consequently help them choose our property.

It was really a pleasure having you with us and we are honoured to know that you are planning to give us the chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

It is the commitment from all the team to exert our utmost efforts to make your stays with us a memorable and enjoyable.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Very good Hotel ..... very good room .... Excellent Housekeeping
Excellent atmosphere ...
But Main restaurant stuff need to be more Courteous .
When I get into my room there where lot of maintenance ... It took about 3 hours to fix if , before I get Relax .

Room Tip: Rooms near the main Building will be near from every thing
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Dear Guest,

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort in the soonest future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We did the 7-day all-inclusive at Sharm Dreams. Don't go to this resort expecting a 5-star experience- it is more like a glorified 2-star.

The resort has obviously seen better days- various things in our room were broken or rundown (for example, the lock on the terrace door of our room was broken, the handles fell off the drawers when we opened them, the garbage can did not open, the safe keypad numbers were so worn they couldn't be read, we were locked out twice when the electronic keypad broke on the front door and had to wait 15+ minutes to get someone out there to open, etc.) The rooms were spacious though. Be sure to ask when you check if for 1 bed if you are a couple- we ended up with a room with 2 single beds (though we are married!) It is also recommended to ask for a bathroom with a bathtub as we heard some couples complaining they only had a shower. For 2 days during the week, the water coming out of the facets in the bathroom were heavily chlorinated (they did post a note in the rooms warning of 'super chlorination' process underway, but we were shocked at how much chlorine was in there.) Beds are also ridiculously hard, which we didn't really mind, but I know for many they would have been way too hard.

A warning- the food it absolutely terrible. Seriously awful. We cannot say enough bad things about it and our standards are not that high. In most cases, it was inedible. Not only was it presented like a school cafeteria in big troughs, it was consistently overcooked, undercooked and/or under-seasoned depending on the food. Crunchy rice, 'pizza' that had no toppings(!), soggy vegetables, etc.The selection was also very poor. Even the one place that is hard to destroy, the desserts, were in most cases something that I would hesitate to feed to anyone- human or animal. Additionally, we found hairs in the food on several occasions. We began to dread eating there, even dubbing it the "Gross Place". If you try to the 'snacks' that the Hilton offers between mealtimes, be ready for super greasy, deep-fried and stale french fries and assorted hamburger-style sandwiches with different kinds of disgusting looking meat. And, if you want the 'ice cream options'- well, we hope you like chocolate Popsicle type-things because that is the only 1 type they had. For us, the horrible food problem solved itself after 3 days into the trip as we both became violently ill with a stomach/intestine bug. That lasted for 9 days in total- a lovely souvenir. Since we only ate at Hilton before that, it can be the only place that caused it. We felt terrible for the people who worked at the resort and had to eat there everyday- we even saw 1 worker bringing in her own pre-packaged yogurt, despite the large yogurt selection available. We dare Paris Hilton to go out there and eat for a week.

Service was hit and miss. The people in the restaurants were friendly enough and our housekeeper was absolutely fantastic, but our experiences during the numerous times we had to call the service number were less then ideal. Also, we had to wait a long time to have the people come to fix the various things that were wrong in our room. We had to wait at least 15 minutes in the sun for them to pick up our suitcases at the end of the trip. Oh, and put the 'do not disturb' sign on your door or be prepared to be woken up at 9:00am from the 'mini-bar service' person.

The pools are gorgeous and we loved sitting there (especially the pool by building 5). However, do not expect service at the pool unless you are near a swim-up bar. You'll have to walk to the bar. And, be ready for warm beer that is poured out of a can or two (seriously), absolutely flat soda pop that has been left in the sun and the cheapest rum, vodka and whiskey they could possibly find.

Also, be aware that the shopping on the resort grounds will charge you 3-5x higher prices then outside the resort. If you leave the resort and turn right, you will find Carrefour about a 10 minute walk down the road. If you turn left out of the resort, you will run into a small pharmacy and other shops.

Think long and hard before you stay here!

Room Tip: Stay away from the main room. Ask for Building 5, is possible. The ones on the ground floor are bett...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steph S
Dear Guest,

I am sorry the hotel experience was not up to your satisfaction. Therefore I have discussed all your respective comments into details with our management team. Who I can assure you, has taken the necessary measures to ensure that those comments are rectified.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

due to unforseen circumstances, i.e. monarch airlines having to cancel schedualled flight out from egypt, myself my wife, daughter and others had the unfortunate i would say pleasure, but that would be going too far, of staying in the flea bitten hotel, the staff there was to say the least very unhelpful and their hospitality much to be desired. We all got dumped there after being picked up from our respected ALL INCLUSIVE hotels and told that it was an excelant hotel with 5*s, when we got there I so what can only be described as a family of scarrub beetles entering the place. When asked about the facilities we was told that we could have 2 soft drinks with our meals, everything else we had to pay for; EVEN DRINKING WATER, And when we eventually got shown to our respective rooms, the air conditiong did not work properly, one of the guests found a cocroach on thier bed. The place quite frankly was appaulling, if such an establishment was in England and it had been inspected, it i'm sure would have been condemed unfit for human habitation. The next morning I met up with another couple from Manchester who had endured a week there and they was supposed to have booked ALL INCLUSIVE but still had to pay for various things. To all that read this, please forgive my ignorance (if you can call it that) but I thought all inclusive meant that you had already paid for the pleasure of utilities and goods ect when you booked the hotel and holiday.

Again I must say that this Hilton Hotel is classified as a 5*, on the service from staff who was to say the least ignorant, rude and i feel down right lazy, that I would not even give it 1 star.

Room Tip: just don't go there, no rooms are spectacular.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jimell86

manchester
Reviewed 8 June 2012

After reading the reviews for this hotel it sounded great so I booked this 5 star hotel ( It was no better than a 1 star). The all inclusive is very limited no wine no ice cream everything is extra charge thats all I heard for a week, the food is disgusting and cold if you like bird tongue soup then you will be okay, My room was okay and it was clean unlike some of the other guests but my air con was warm and in 45 degree heat you need air con, 3 times I complained and they sent an engineer to fix it but all he did was fiddle about abit and said that it was okay now and it was still the same, also the hot and cold water went off and when it did eventually come back on the water was dirty. They also advertise a beach, the beach is in the sister hotel across the road and you cannot use your all inclusive everything is extra charge, you couldnt even use their pool which if its a sister hotel so you should be able to. They also advertise entertainment every day and every night, there was no entertaintment in the day and at night there was a man on a guitar for about half an hour then it was a cd which was repeated. If you are expecting a Hilton hotel as we know them then you will be very disappointed as I was. I have never complained on any holiday that I have been on but you had no choice in this hilton hotel everybody was complaining. The only good thing that I will say is that Armed the reception manager was very helpful every time I complained he did his very best to resolve my complaints and I thank him for that. I urge you not to waste your money on this hotel as you will be very disappointed and I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple