“Very good but not perfect”

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
Ranked #65 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo, Egypt
“Very good but not perfect”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I will write for you a detailed review about my 7 days stay at Hilton dreams sharm elsheikh.
1- reception staff : all the reception staff are extremely helpful and were never late to respond to anything we requested.

2- Restaurants and bars :
The main restaurant's food is very good , breakfast food doesnt change everyday but in lunch and dinner there is a great variety of food and different cuisines everday.
I would like to deliver special thanks to the following :
1- the chefs who work on eggs station in the breakfast.
2- Mr.Samy the restaurant manager who gave us excellent example on how a great manager should be.
3- Mr. Emad the head of the waiters.
4- the whole staff of the restaurant and truly i have never seen like those staff in terms of help and politeness.

N.B : the mugs for tea was very big and i couldnt drink tea any morning at the restaurant because the tea in those mugs is tastless.

The snack corner near the pool does very good mini sandwiches and special thanks to chef mohamed who was really professional in doing his job all day at the snack corner.

Carribean bar :
This bar is an american style bar in the lobby which has an outer extension in the open air where shows take place at night.
The staff at the bar are very nice and very good drinks.

Pool bar:
This bar where you can have a drink while you swim is very good as well.

2- POOLS AND BEACH.

-the hotel has about 9 pools , one main pool for all the family , the main pool is large but very shallow so swimmers wont enjoy much here.
There are other smaller pools which are very quite and serene like oasis in the middle of trees and palm trees.
There is a diving pool for divers to enjoy.
There is two jacuzzis connected to two of the smaller pools.

Overall , the pools are good but it would have been alot better to merge those 9 small pools into 2 or 3 larger pools.

Beach :-
The hitlon dreams isnt directly on the beach so you will have to cross the road to the other side hilton fayrouz where you can access its private beach free of charge
The beach is very very nice with crystal clear water and a great variety of corals and fish , so dont forget your snorkling glasses.

There is a water sports company named "sun'n'fun" on the beach where you can do many sports like tube , banana boat , parasailing , pedal boat etc
N.b : the tube we took through the company was damaged and we almost fell in the water . , one of the men there named awad treated us like we were begging him to ride any of the water sports!
However , we would like to thank specially Mr.Abbas who we went with on a night safari and he was very nice and helpful with us even when we complained to him about the damaged tube.

Rooms :
Rooms of the hotel are spacious , well decorated , the beds are comfortable
However , the cleanliness of the room wasnt perfect
The tv is the old type not LCD , it contains very good collection of channels though , including premium osn , disney , beIN.
The tv can only be watched by one bed while the other bed is alittle far from the tv.
The cupboard smelled bad
The bathroom was a nightmare , something was leaking and the bathroom sometimes was soaked and there was a bad smell
The housekeeping didnt do very well and sometimes forget to supply with towels or paper tissues.
However we thank especially mr.hesham for responding to the bathroom problem.
The room has coffee/tea making facilities with boiler .

Gym :
The hotel has not so big but good gym and free of charge.

- there is no night entertainment just some dancing

- the hotel has an aqua park connected to it and you can access if from the hotel , the park has some water slides (not for extreme slides lovers though , just mostly for youngesters) , although it has great wave pool and artificial beach.
And special thanks for the security guy at the park entrance from the hotel.

- we would like to thank the bazaar man at the hotel for his kindness and help on purchasing some souvenirs.

We woud like specially to thank Mr.Mostafa elassal.

N.B. : naama bay is 10-15 minutes walk from hotel , for foriegn tourists ,on visiting this area (naama bay) please be careful of scams and harrasers.

Again finally it was a good vacation and the extremely amazing staff made it better and better. Thanks so much for everyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ismailTourist
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am going to make this a completely honest review. I appologise in advance if I make it too long!

The location is perfect, central to naama bay but far enough away that you are not disturbed by noise. We took walks each day either in the morning or in the evening and felt completely safe at all times. If you cross the road and walk through the sister hotel grounds you reach the most beautiful beach and there is a lovely promenade with restaurants which takes you into the town area. Yes you get men asking you to go to their shops or sign their guest books, but we found that by having a bit of banter and a joke you can actually make it quite a good experience.

The staff in the hotel cannot do enough for you. I have never met such dedicated, hardworking and friendly people in my life. Special mention must go to samuel and ahmed from the pool bar, khalid the pool bar captain and arafa the waiter in the main restaurant. They all worked so hard.

Although we didn't stay to watch much of the entertainment in the evening what we did see was your usual hotel revelry. The baby disco followed by either a dodgy singer or the animation team doing a performance. The animation team do try their hardest. Chico and jimmy were always smiling and trying to get people involved.

The pools were great. The main pool could do with a little work in some areas but that is just through wear and tear. We started off at the main pool but by the second week we were going up to the waterfalls pool where it is quieter. The only problem with that pool was that there was often no one serving in the pool bar there.

As an english family we did feel very much in the minority. There were a few other english, some russians but the majority were from arabian countries. I enjoyed watching and learning about the cultural differences but I did find it slightly intimidating in the pool and in the reception when large groups gathered together.

The whole hotel needs a bit of TLC if I am honest. The rooms are ok but starting to look a little tired. We had a couple of issues during our stay. The first was when on our second day the air con broke down and leaked water in to the wardrobe all over our clothes. It was fixed (by tape) straight away and we had our clothes laundered free of charge. The second issue was when the lock on the bathroom door broke and I was stuck in there for 20 minutes! Thankfully my Mum managed to poke around at it from the outside and free me. It took about an hour for them to come and look at the lock and they didn't really do anything with it. It remained broken for the rest of the stay. The beds are rock hard, I don't just mean firm, they are like laying on the floor! The tvs really could do with being updated as they are about as old as the hotel itself.

It is a shame that there are a few little niggles like no free wifi. In a 5 star hotel you expect free wifi at least in reception but it it charged by the hour! I had taken an ipad with 3g so I visited the man in the shop in the hotel and got a vodaphone 3g data sim. I think it cost about £8 and lasted me the whole 11 days and so much cheaper than the wifi. He is so helpful and honest. His english is fantastic and I felt totally confident with him.

Although we received voucher for the tex mex and the lebanese restaurants we ate in the main restaurants most nights. I have been to many all inclusive hotels but this one by far has the least choice and is the most repetitive. We fancied a change one evening so decided to pay for a burger meal in the nook cafe. We went in and there was no menus and no staff so we ended up going into town and visiting TGI fridays. I never saw anyone eating in either the nook or the italian restaurant throughout our entire stay. As non alcohol drinkers I felt like we lived on diet coke as the orange juice was concentrated and tasted artificial and overly sweet. The coffee was served in small teacups and was made from nescafe instant. By the end of the first week we had visited starbucks 3 times just for a decent drink.

In summary it could be a great hotel if just some of the minor niggles were sorted. Free wifi, more choice in the restaurants, better drink facilities, even a self service hot drinks machine would be a start. They need to make use of all of the assets. Use the nook for its intended purpose, include the italian in the all inclusive as a one voucher per stay. Update the furnishings in the rooms and you would have the best hotel in naama bay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

It was one of the best vacations of my life in Sharm el-Sheikh and hospitality were excellent and the best level and it was fun in sharm Al sheikh and thanx for animations team specially semoo and thanx for everyone

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trebloodz T
Dear Guest, It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely, General Manager Office.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

One of the most amazing vacations I've ever spent in Sharm Elsheikh, I've really enjoyed my vacation with my friends in Hilton Dreams Resort with its great location in the heart of Sharm Elsheikh.
Rooms are spacious & very clean and room service is excellent, specially housekeeping who were making wonderful decorations on bed with flowers & towels everyday.

Animation team were very funny & cheerful and doung their best to make our nights very amuzing & entertaining.

The whole staff were very nice, patient, cheerful specially Samuel the pool bar guy &Amira in the kids club

And the very special thanks go to Mr.Ashraf Hassan "Executive Housekeeping manager" who was beyond this special vacation and always made sure that our stay was nothing less than wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Ola T
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Giza, Egypt
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I've spent a very nice vacation for the first time in Hilton Dreams Sharm El-Sheikh, and of course it won't be the last time.

Everything was perfect and everyone was professional in delivering the appropriate service, they work very hard to satisfy their dear guests and make their vacation unforgettable. Specially Mr. Ashraf Hassan (Executive Housekeeper) who was very keen to keep us satisfied and feel at home.
Hotel facilities are very good ranging from pools to bars, Aqua-park, entertainment, etc...
Rooms were always clean, staff are very polite, smart and helpful.

Sure we will consider this hotel in our next vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Helgoly
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I don't know from where to start .. My first minuites after checking in i descided to go to the Lobby toilet and was the worst choise i could not stand the smell and uncleanless of it so i waited till i went to the room to go to the toilet .
The food is a disaster , we were a group of 20 friends at least 10 of us had a diarrea the four days ..
The service is very poor especially a bar waiter called Ehab .. When i asked for a drink he made me feel that he is the one paying for it and was very rude .. But there are some people in the stuff very decent ..

I guess there are no criterea in filtering the guests .. I can't walk 2 minuites without being flurted .. Was really very annoying
Finally at the last day we juat requeated the luggage to be delivered to the lobby and it took 2 hours and made us a delay in our return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Thank you once again for your feedback. Sincerely, General Manager Office.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The place is amazing and huge. Pools are amazing too many choices to relax and tan. Rooms are perfect and clean thanks for the room service staff . Food was not bad in general . Animation team was amazing and friendly thanks for Nada and Karim for their friendly characters, I wish you could help me to contact them both because I live in Jordan and I want to keep in touch with them so I could have another lovely visit to your amazing resort soon !
Bob