“A good holiday”

Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort
Ranked #70 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We reached our hotel in the evening and was shown our way to the room almost immediately. I and my husband were quite surprised to see a villa to ourselves. Quite delighted though!!!
Food at the buffet is just average (Something you will not expect from a 5* hotel). Luckily we were staying only for three nights so made use of free restaurant vouchers at Mexican and Lebanese restaurant. These two places at least put them in league with 5 * star hotel’s food. We enjoyed the food for rest of the two nights.
Staff was very helpful. You have to keep money ready for the tip.
I was more delighted with the water sports we did. Apart from the food, I liked the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esha P
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Back located property from the Naama Bay, crossing the road to the beach was not secure... friendly staff, clean & tidy rooms although a little aged.
The entertainment team were very active friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rabih S

Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times - The main issue this hotel has is that is on the other side of the main 'road' running through Sharm from the center of Naama Bay. In any normal part of the world this would be fine, however in Egypt pedestrians are in fact targets to aim for. Previously there was no crossing so everybody waited for a gap in the traffic before running across. Then they installed speed bumps, which had the effect of bunching the traffic up so there was never a gap in the traffic at all. They have now installed a set of traffic lights (although they don't look too official so I'm not sure what legal standing they have in Egypt - especially as they are just red and green and look as if they really belong on a security gate or something - these now lull you into a false sense of security to cross the road - what actually happens now is that you expect approaching cars to stop, what actually happens is that they speed up and try and swerve round you whilst your half way across the crossing

Whilst this is not clearly the hotels fault, and just a reflection of the general complete disregard for general law and order in Egypt especially on the roads where it is quite normal to drive the wrong way around a roundabout if the exit you want is quicker the other way.

Apart from this it is a middle of the range hotels. Like a lot of Sharm in the last few years this hotel has a contract with Russian tour operators so they have aimed a lot of their services at this market (and this includes quite a lot of Vodka!)

If your looking for a good hotel around the pool then it may well not be the best place for UK travelers, however if your looking for a cheep hotel to crash in between dives then its pretty good - however there are loads of other places tailored to this - especially the dive clubs with their own hotels!

The rooms are clean, tidy, well furnished (although a little aged) The air-con works well.

The all inclusive packages include most drinks and food served in the main lobby buffet restaurant - however this does have a bit of a 'buttlins' feel about it

The staff are excellent and very responsive to you needs

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Thank you once again for your feedback. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

First of all, may I apologise for the length of this review; but it is honest, and hopefully worth a quick read, as it may help you in your own decision - I stay at a lot of hotels, travelling with my job, so I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly, and have a reasonable idea of what a decent hotel looks like

We chose the Hilton Sharm Dreams based on the previous reviews on TripAdvisor, and as you say, you can't please all of the people all of the time. The Hotel entrance was grand and welcoming and the security prior to entering was a pleasant and comforting extra, inside the main reception desk was easily found. JJ was a great start, and a worthwhile member of staff to get to know and is very helpful, pleasant and informative.

To abbreviate things, the best things about this hotel are:

1. The Staff!!!!! Without doubt the best I have ever came across, from JJ at reception; the Hotel Manager Ahmed; Malak (Fat Ronaldo! He really is the spitting image of Christiano! Lol) in the main bar; Saied, the pool/towel guy; Maged, the friendliest pool barman in the place; Mohammed, the Diving centre Guy; SImone, Kaka, Shiko, Marshall, Nada & Jimmy from the animation team; Captain, who looks after both the main, and Nook bar; to the guys in the main restaurant. Anyone who complains about the staff, honestly have no idea what they are talking about, and are probably from the cancelled Birmingham flight, who got £600 compensation, a free stay All Inclusive, sat all day at the bar, and eventually ended up brawling; with one of them 'bottling' a brassy, mouthy blonde, over the head, with both ending up in an Egyptian jail, which resulted in the rest being told to leave on the spot! Yeah, a great advert for the UK!!!!! The worst of it, they weren't even residents, but made the rest of us all feel intimidated - so not sure their opinion is considered or the best?

2. The Trips! Go scuba diving if you get the chance, best experience of our holiday, and also give the Quad biking a go - great trips and well worth the money

3. The gym and spa - small, but very well equipped and spotless

4. The choice of pools - 9 I think!

5. Close enough to the centre, but far enough away so as not to be disturbed

6. The weather!

7. Egypt itself - the resort has pretty much everything you need for a family, young couple or group

8. Transition from Airport to check-in - smooth and seamless

9. The Red Sea - stunning

10. The Staff! Sorry to mention them again, but they were exceptional

11. The Beach - spotless

Ok, the downsides

1. The Food! Sorry, it just isn't to our taste, and everyone we met had suffered from 'Egyptian tummy' to a greater or lesser degree. I don't know what it is, as the ice is made from filtered water, we only drank bottled water, the food is cooked properly, ie no raw chicken or anything, and we didn't eat from street vendors, but every one of us including those we met had visited the pharmacy to get a raft of tablets to combat it - the only other thought is maybe it is because the pool isn't the cleanest I have ever seen, and probably needs more Chlorine to kill any bacteria - try the TexMex and the Italian, or eat out now and again, I know this is a big ask if you are AI, but the best meal we had was in an Italian on the strip, and it was nothing special, just good food!

2. The rooms! Good size, beds ok, but not quite 5 star! TV was old, but choice of channels available was excellent - just needs some TLC that is all

3. The cancelled Birmingham flight - embarrassing, violent and makes you ashamed to be British! No wonder we get ourselves a bad name!

4. Not on the beach - walk across a carriageway and through the Hilton across the road to access it

5. Modernisation - the hotel just needs a little money spent on it to lift it to a higher level as the staff deserve

Apart from that - here are some tips

1. Take a little Egyptian money, but the rest in Sterling as you will get a better rate there and also works well when bartering to have a choice of English or Egyptian

2. You can buy loads of toiletries out there - 20KG is a tight allowance for 2 weeks, especially with my wife and 3 teenage girls

3. Learn some basic Arabic, ie 'hello', 'thank you' etc, what a difference it makes

4. Learn to be firm with the word 'No', they will get the point

5. Be prepared to tip in the nicer Hotels, it goes a long way; the reason is that the average wage is £30 a month and this supplements their income - how much? I generally gave £100 Egyptian (£8 Sterling) to a few people for each week I was staying, and this made all the difference. A small sum to ensure a great stay - all in all I probably spent £100-120 in tips for the 2 weeks

6. Take a multi-plug adapter, generally only one or two sockets work, and if like me you are carrying a plethora of electrical appliances you will need the extra

7. Be prepared to barter, and don't be afraid to walk away, the Egyptians love it and it is all part of the game!

Will I return to Egypt again? Yes, planning for a week in December
Will I return to Hilton Dreams? Absolutely
Are the staff the best thing about the Hotel? Without a doubt

This Hotel isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but the staff pretty much are - a little money, and probably a more diverse choice of menu would go a long way to making this an exceptional place to stay!

But this is only my opinion on our stay, we had a great time, and my daughter ErinLee has made some good friends with Simone from animation, and Natasha whom she met there!

Not bad! Not bad at all, if you ask me! :-))

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mark N
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest, It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely , General Manager Office.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I visited the Hilton Dream's Sharm Hotel back in November of last year. What can I say, it was a Holiday in Hell from the off set. I arrived at the Hotel with my reservation paperwork not to hand. I explained to the desk agent who couldn't even be bothered to great me at first when I got there if he could simply just look me up with my name and passport details which I provided. After doing this, he refused to check me in because of not having my reservation Voucher and demanded that I had to pay for my booking all over again until I have my paperwork printed off. This is 3 in the morning and his just started my Holiday off on the wrong foot. Along story short, I had to wait a few days until I got this sorted through my e-mails. Which was a few day's of hell I went through as I had no idea of what they was expecting off me next. In the end I got it sorted, but it was too late as I was a few days in to my Holiday which I spent running around and work up. Not been able to enjoy my well awaited break. Then spent the remaining few day's wound up and stressed with what they had put me through. Never will I visit this Hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write us. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

we spent 7 night (my wife , my baby , and me) in Hilton Dreams Sharm at one of the villas as they call it.

check was easy and smooth with ibrahim from F.D
Villa was good but not clean at all (previous guest garbage was still there) i called F.D and they respond immediately by sending cleaners.
room view was (over the moon view ) my wife loved it

we had only one chance to try the breakfast but i think its the same like any 5 stars hotels and service people the care during your meal. they really do. thanks for all of main dining rest. team.

pools are many and you can chose your preferred pool (with activities, music only, quite pools)..which can anticipate all tastes.

lunch and dinner is the same with average food quality. but comparing to all inclusive concept we can till it's much better than other hotels. and i had the chance to try the ala carte menu which rich and meets all tastes with fair prices.

we had amazing days in this hotel we will always remember it and people there did a great job.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Staff were lovely , the food was terrible . We complained and were told they cater for Russians and not people from the UK. Also we experienced violence where my family and young children seen a woman being glassed at the bar with no security in site!! Will never return

Stayed: June 2014