“Great resort”

Ranked #67 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cairo
“Great resort”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Will keep coming to this great lovely resort, will always be special place to visit
Gardens are very special and hotel is close to famous city centre
Will fir sure recommend to all my friends and family
The place has a great spirit and you feel always home

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank M L
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest, It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed at hilton dreams 7/21 August. 2 bed apartment all inclusive. I enjoyed my stay and totally relaxed but the hotel has much work to do on cleanliness.
Good points. Staff can't do enough to help. Water given in rooms every day. Food good although not the best I've had. Position excellent. Armed at tropical bar superb guy.

Not so good. Main restaurant tables very unclean, salt and peppers hardly ever cleaned if you got one on your table at all. One particular day it was just covered in filthy food marks. Glasses in restaurant hardly ever clean. A real bun fight to get a table if you weren't in first. Food could have been hotter.
Bar areas very nice but tables need to be cleaned regularly. Many a night I would have to sit at a dirty table covered in a days spillage. Tables appeared to be cleaned early morning only.

Rooms. Spacious. Very firm queen bed which I loved. Sheets on bed, well I have thrown better away. Felt like you were sleeping on terry towelling as they were so bobbled. Rooms cleaned but sometimes no flannels, no toilet paper. Balcony not cleaned on the whole two weeks of stay inspite of bringing to their attention.

Entertainment was the worst ever. I have never in my life seen such rubbish.

Pool hygiene very very poor.

Wifi still charged for. Should be free

Weather was superb. As always. Would I return. Probably not! I would like to try hilton sharks bay but wonder if it will be any better. This is a true honest review.

Room Tip: Use tropical pool and bar.
1 Thank familyof4Suffolk
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Thank you once again for your feedback. Sincerely, General Manager Office.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

As per other reviews the hotel is a little bit tired and is certainly not UK 5 star standard but you are not paying 5 star prices are you!

What is 5 star though is the service and the staffs attitude that nothing is too much trouble and they work tirelessly to look after you. Special thanks is needed to Samuel, Mohamed Ali,Abdel and Ahmed who at the Tropical bar made us all feel very special.

Room Tip: The 2 bed villas are very spacious with 2 bathrooms so great when you have two teenage daughters
1 Thank Mark W
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely, General Manager Office.
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I started my experience with the friendly front office staff. We had a single story room with pool view which was cleaned every day. No WiFi in rooms. WiFi was only available at a cost starting at £16 Egyptian for 15 minutes around pools and reception. Hotel was not what we expected for a Hilton Hotel. Not bad food.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We arrived the 14th july for a 10 day stay and i could of stayed there forever!
it was the best holiday i've ever experienced the staff are absolutely wonderful!
especially Lucka and abdel from the caribi bar, a big thanks to rouka, Mohamed and villa of the entertainment team.

We stayed in one of the villas at the back of the hotel and we were always able to call the buggy to come and pick us up to take us to the reception because of the distance from our room to the lobby but we enjoyed walking most days.
In july the heat was very overwhelming but the lobby is very well air conditioned so you could sit in the lobby to cool off and go to the caribi bar and enjoy some cocktails.
I do believe the wifi should be free because the hilton is not a cheap hotel to stay at.

There are lots of children from all over the world that are multilingual and speak english..

I advise you to go to the moonlight cafe in naama bay they are the nicest people we have come across in sharm, i'd also advise you to go to pacha, space, la dolce vita and everywhere else with the entertainment team they will look after you and make sure you're having a great time!

I miss the hilton dreams a lot and i would go back today if i could amazing i've made friends for life through this trip

Thank you!

Room Tip: If you don't wish to walk a long distance to the lobby i would not recommend the villas.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest, It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely , General Manager Office.
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Dear Hilton Team
My name is Mohammed Salah Saffouri I stayed with my wife at your esteemed hotel (Hilton Dreams) in August 09 till 14 August 2014.
And this was my third time for us at your property, I used to like your hotel and recommend it as a land mark of Sharm Al Shiekh and I never regret to push my friends to book with you, based on my pleasant experience I used to have.
All of these positive things have been gone and it will never back again, I don’t know what you did to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My last experience was the worst ever, starting from the rude behavior of the Front Desk to the room service, which was not up to Hilton standard.
After checked in at room 7041, I got back to the front desk in order to complain about my room and I spoke to receptionist called Mina, he was working on B shift around 10:00 pm, I shared with him that we got surprised when you get in our room and found it Twin bed for couple and the room was sooo dirty as if no one client after the previews guest , however instead of Mina to calm us down as any receptionist in any 5 starts hotel , he started shouting at my face ,because he believes that no need to be upset , it’s a small things as he said(please back to your record on 09/08 around 10:00-11:00 pm to see his body moves as evidence for what I am saying ,to check the ridicules behavior ever)

And he didn’t help us at all, and didn’t send any one to clean the room at least.
After two hours we went back to complain again and I found guy called Ibrahim in the front desk, but he wasn’t better than Mina, he didn’t look to at my eyes at all which is not accepted in any modern society to not look at the speaker eyes and up to your standard regarding the eye contacts.
Still my problem was not solved after Ibrahim ignored my request to clean the room, and I spent the first night in a dirty room with used Bath amenity and I was blaming myself for choosing Hilton the whole night and I felt sham to recommend you it to my friends
In the second day I went with hopeless feeling to your untrained staff asking them to rescue my vacation and now I met Mr. Ahmad Hassan the assistant front office Desk who is reflecting the Hilton sprit that I used to have in the past, he was extremely polite, professional and in a few minutes he solved my problem and moved me to room 5026 which was appropriate couple and much better than the first room, but one man show can't run the whole hotel.
Service was extremely bad and I can't imagine that Hilton in any part of world can reach such level; food was horrible even though there is nice lady called Ms. Rania Mustapha used to smile to us and remind me that I am still in a five starts hotel, she was the only one in the hotel smiling beside Ahmad Hassan.
There is no excuse for such bad experience and you can't say its Egypt situation or its high season as I stayed two days before your hotel in InterContinental Cairo Semiramis and the hotel was fully booked, but even though I got an amazing service from the whole team , front office , food and beverage, operator , housekeeping, no rudeness at all, just professional people with well knowledge of Egyptian hospitality and five starts services , I was happy to stayed there for two nights before you, otherwise my entire vacation was ruined, if I spend the whole time in Shram and with you Hilton.
I don’t want to have any kind of compensation from you, as I will never come back but as guest used to be loyal to Hilton Dream, is right to share with you my comments for your future.

4 Thank MohammedS79
Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us. Sincerely, General Manager Office.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I cannot believe this is part of the Hilton chain. We stayed for 4 days all inclusive. The food was horrible! Our last night, I could no longer handle the food. i opted out. Poor selection, cafeteria style food, chipped plates and cups, dirty and unappetizing. They had a snack bar by the pool which served fries, hotdogs, burgers etc. This was slightly better, not not by much. I was not impressed with the housekeeping. The towels were not as white as in other Hiltons, the linens were dingy and the toiletries were not regularly replaced. The decor was so outdated thoughtout the entire hotel. If you have a problem with second hand smoke, this is not the hotel for you. The lobby area which is the main sitting area was unbearable at times. The do not have a designated non-smoking area. The bathrooms off of the reception were also not as clean as they should have been. The room was spacious and was comfortable but I could never tell when the room was clean except for the bed that was made. It never had that fresh cleaned smell. The bathroom would occasionally have a unine smell when you flushed the toilet. I would never go back again. I do not know how this hotel earned 5 stars. No one from my 10 person group would return. It was very disappointing and I was glad when it was over.

Room Tip: Do not choose all inclusive. Eat out!
2 Thank 461sallys
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation. Thank you once again for your feedback. Sincerely, General Manager Office.