“Perfect hotel for Naama Bay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort
Ranked #36 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect hotel for Naama Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We checked into the hilton fayrouz after debating about the other two and I am glad that we did! this is the beach facing hilton, there is one directly opposite called dream resorts which is mountain facing. A majority of the people from here come over to the fayrouz for the beach.

The staff were incredibly friendly, Ahmed in the restaurant was a fantastic waiter and very attentitive indeed. the chef who cooks the eggs was very accomodating as my mother was vegan and often produced egg and fish free dishes. There was another chef on duty who made for me a delicious Egyptian porridge... the list can go on...

We only had B&B as we did wish to restrict ourselves to the hotel. The breakfast adaquate. The fruit selection was rather poor, watermelon and pineapple needed to be brought as extra. However, the pastries were amazing and there was plenty to go around, we even took some pastries back with us for a lunch time snack.

The rooms - we had the pool bar facing rooms 506 and 507 - probably the best facing rooms in that area, we always had sunrise infront of us. The rooms are certainly dated, the TV's are ancient and the TV quality is terribly poor. however, they are fairly spacious rooms and have french opening doors to the pool. The A/C is very, very noisey at night and don't forget to use mosqutio repellent!
The bathrooms are fine except the hair dryer in 507 was awful... the air smelled of cigarette smoke and was broken... The rooms a cleaned everyday and the chap who cleans them is lovely. He does an amazing job cleaning and creates wonderful things on the beds with the towels.

The pool - The pool is lovely and the bar is perfect! Reda at the pool bar was a true gem and a proper gentleman! he was incredibly helpful and interactive with the guests. Get in early to claim your beds! especially if you are not staying in any of the rooms around the pool!

Planet Spa - this is amazing and you must experience the Cleopatra package, ensure that you negotiate and decent price, i paid £45. Asma was my lady and boy she is good! she is amazing!!! her colleague is equally as good my mum said. You have a sauna, steam, coffee and coconut body scrub, follwed by a shower and 45 min full body massage...ahhh it's truly amazing!!!

The area - Naama bay is nice, ut beware girls, if you are own, the guys there will hassle you lots in a flirty way! The beach is nice a Hilton have a private part, get in ealry to claim your beds though! Hilton here is central to all places in Naama bay you can walk everywhere around here. Places I visted were Camel Bar - this is a rooftop, and i really enjoyed it here. Pomodoro is also very popular for itallian food. Pacha is a nightclub, but not worth the price to get in (£30) try to get on a guest list if you can.

Soho Square - absolutely a must to visit! it cost roughly one way 30 Egyptian pounds to get there, make sure you always haggle with the taxi drivers and agree the fare befor you get in! Soho Sq is up and comming and is by far the most developed area, and very modern with places like ICE and O2 bar. It has an ice rink, the queen vic pub, plenty of places to eat, we went to the bombay and mai thai which were great, but expect to pay UK prices here....lots of evening entertainment in the main sq, belly dancing, singers and shows.

Old Sharm - this was my least fav place and if full of sleazy men... i'd avoid it, but if you like markets and bargins, this is the place for you indeed. I went on a camel here and there is a little hill you can climb and take pictures. BTW camels stink!!!

Excursions - we only did two, the glass bottom boat, which nice to pass time and enjoy the fish, and the sumberine. Both were nice in their own way.

I drawback is the fact that you have to pay for Wi-Fi and it's only available in the foyer and not in your rooms, hopefully they will improve this in the future....

overall i had a great time, the weather was about 40 degress and the evenings it was abou 32-36 degrees, it was so beautiful....i miss it already and will be coming back to the Fayrouz.

Room Tip: If you get harrased by tour people whilst walking, politely say no thank you and avoid futher conver...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear angel 0410 ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor, your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

I am so glad to read your positive feedback about your stay at our property , I am pleased to read your satisfaction about our friendly staff the service rendered and the hotel central location that you were able to enjoy the city , my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

Please note that I have taken a note of your comments which in general highlights on the hotel condition. I would like to advise your good self , that we are currently studying the upgrade of the hotel facilities and condition to match our guests' anticipation and rest assured that your feedback is passed to all concerned to be properly addressed.

We all are waiting for your next visit to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

For/ Gilaine Guirguis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just back from Hilton Fayrouz where I spent summer vacation with my family. The room was spacious and well furnished, simple but elegant, with all the accommodations for a comfortable stay. The view of the waterfalls pool from the first floor balcony was lovely; I was able to watch my children enjoying the clear fresh water in the swimming pool from up there. The sunny beach was great too with lots of palm trees and many beach activities, best place to get a tan. My husband was snorkeling every day, the underwater views were spectacular. The hotel is located on Naama bay, at night Naama town is very alive, many cafés, restaurants, souvenir shops and markets. What I enjoyed most was the meals. Al-Wadi is the hotel’s main restaurant, an elegant restaurant where we had Hilton’s famous breakfast every day; fresh juice served at your table, varieties of tasty food at the open buffet and friendly waiters at your service. Dinner was another pleasure, always at Al-Wadi restaurant, every night a different menu; oriental, Chinese, international, and every time the quality and food varieties will please you. The Italian restaurant on the beach was very good and the soft live music added a romantic touch on the place. I can’t thank enough the helpful friendly staff at the restaurant and everywhere in the hotel. Hilton Fayrouz is a fabulous and very entertaining place; don’t miss it for your summer vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Ola E ,

it was my great pleasure to read your positive holiday feedback about your stay at our property and your satisfaction with the service rendered and the food quality and variety at Wadi Restaurant and the Italian restaurant and the helpful friendly staff, also the resort cenetral location and private beach, my pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I just returned from my 1 week stay at Fayrouz. The staff was fantastic! Osama, Ossama, and Moustafa in the restaurants were especially friendly and helpful, but everyone I interacted with was pleasant and efficient.

The location in Naama Bay is great, although it is very touristy. It's right on the promenade and offers an easy to walk over to the main drag for shops and restaurants.

The Ocean College dive center is top notch, but a bit expensive if you don't book ahead--you can save almost 50% if you book your dives online before you go.

Our rooms was a little small for a "deluxe" and was in need of some renovation, which seemed to be in progress on some of the other rooms. However, the rooms were clean and well maintained, and we always came home to some cute flower petal arrangements and towel-animals on the bed.

The rooms have easy access to the beach, however, the advertised "partial sea view" is a bit of a stretch. Also, there is a guard at most the entrances from the promenade to the hotel grounds; however, there was rarely a guard near the entrance to the dive center, which made it feel like anyone could approach the rooms. Still it felt safe enough.

The omelette, waffle, crepe station and the service makes the breakfast much better than most. However, I felt there could have been a better variety. I was pretty tired of the same stuff by the end of the week.

All in all, I am happy I chose this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room more towards the center, because none of the rooms really have a good view of the sea...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Valuable guest ,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you at our property , thank you very much for your positive comments about Hilton Fayrouz and its facilities and services

Kindly note that I will share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

We all are waiting for your next visit in the soonest future to your second home , when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as would wish.

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We have just returned from Sharm for the 10th time and have stayed in the Hilton Fayrouz again for the 5th time!!! Simply that should say it all but I have to mention Yasser "the egg man" What he cant do with an egg isnt worth doing! absolutely amazing to watch. He always remembers us and is always smiling. All the staff are friendly and courteous and we would not want to stay anywhere else. Thanks again for making our stay memorable. Our room was on the front row beach facing and we were right by the pool and jacuzzi just incredible. Would recommend to anyone its like a home from home.
Mike and Lorraine from Exeter

Room Tip: 102 the best room in the hotel by far for closeness to everything but all the rooms have great locat...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lorraine G
Dear Lorraine G ,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent experience in our hotel on tripadvisor. Your stay comments and feedback are of great importance to us, only through your feedback and ratings can we aim to improve the service our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.

It was my pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services rendered and enjoyed your holiday at our property, Thank you for your positive comments about Chef Yasser and the staff in general I will share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction.

It will be a great honor for us to welcome you back at Hilton Sharm el Sheikh Fayrouz resort when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as you would wish .

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

The staff at Hilton Fayrouz are some of the loveliest most genuine people I have ever encountered on holiday.
The bed in our room was amazing – it was enormous, I couldn’t even hear my boyfriend snoring which meant that we didn’t argue! Bonus!
The gardens at the back of our room were immaculate and lovely for sitting in at dusk.
The pool was one of the best things about this hotel – we shared it with about 20 other guests which meant that to get to the pool we only had a 5 second journey before we were on our own personal loungers - extremely handy and private. Mohamed who tended to our pool area was lovely and incredibly industrious – he was a joy to have around and would accommodate our needs as best he could whenever he could. Such a lovely man.
The grounds around the hotel were lovely, clean and safe.
Breakfast was good – I especially liked Mohamed, the gentleman who makes the pancakes and waffles. He is so skilled and fast. Again, lovely.
The beach is a stone’s throw away from the hotel – it’s wonderful. I tried snorkelling for the first time ever and was blown away by how close to the shore such amazing fish can be seen. Whilst there we did encounter some purple jellyfish which was a bit off-putting at first; after you see some Russian toddlers picking the purple critters up and throwing them at each other hough, you realise they are not dangerous and do not sting. Do not be put off, the snorkelling is fabulous.
All In all, I can truly say that this was one of the most enjoyable and relaxing holidays I have ever been on and a huge part of that was thanks to the Hilton Fayrouz and all who sail in her. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy H
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Amy H ,

I was pleased to read that you were satesfied with your stay. Thank you for your lovely positive comments about the hotel staff service and hotel facilities , also cleanliness and safety .

It was a great pleasure to read that you liked your room and had good sleep and rest in the comfy bed and enjoyed the breakfast buffet . Really pleasure to know thatyouhad beautiful holiday and enjoyed it a lot .

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

My dad decided for us to stay a week starting from the 25th of May till the 31st of May in Sharm El-Sheikh and he thought that the best place we'd enjoy our time in is Hilton Sharm El-Sheikh Fayrouz Resort. And he was absolutely right, I really really had a wonderful week !

First, I would like to begin with the breakfast. It was such a pleasure to encounter such a beautiful hostess in the morning with the start of every day ! As for the food, it was very delicious and tasty. I, myself, love eggs and the chef at the egg station was very cheerful and the eggs always tasted lovely !

Second, I really enjoyed the beach and the coral reef in the Red Sea. I had a wonderful time snorkeling and enjoying the sight of the colorful fishes.

Third, I'd probably talk about the dinner. It was lovely, just lovely !
I think that resort is really blessed by having such an honorable executive chef, his efforts are very obvious. The grill station's "Kofta" was beyond amazing and I would like to mention my favorite dish which is spaghetti napolitan. It was very very very tasty. If I went on like that, I'd not have any time to finish writing my review, so I'd like to move to another subject which is the Housekeeping. There has always been a scent which I personally loved so much !
It smelled like rich perfume and it always happened to cheer me up.
Also, the housekeeping guy seems to be very artistic. He once made a goose out of the blanket ! That's one of the things I love the most about the Hilton Hotels, they try their best to make you feel happy. I almost forgot to mention the Room Service. I once ordered a Club Sandwich and it was brilliant with a really huge amount of french fries which I absolutely loved !

At the end, I'd like to thank everyone who helped to make my stay as pleasurable and blissful as it had been. I have totally enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back in the near future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonFayrouz, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Dear Bothayna ,

Thank you for you positive comments and feedback about you holiday at our property we are pleased that you were satisfied and happy with the service , food and hotel pivate beach , room cleanliness , breakfast buffet and dinner specially the egg station ( in the breakfast ) and grill station in the dinner .

My pleasure to share your kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction .

Again I would like to thank you for the time you spared to comment about your stay .

Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Fayrouz during the last week of April, first week of May.
This was my third visit there in 18 months and am hoping to return again in September so they must be doing something right!
As many other reviews state, the location of the hotel can't really be beaten, 10 minute walk into the main strip but still quiet and peaceful. It's a nice hotel to get away and relax, you won't find animation teams or music looping at the Fayrouz!
The beach bars are nice and the swim up bar in the main pool is lovely.
Pirates bar is great for watching the footie.

Food and drink is reasonably priced and there is a decent selection though room service menu is a bit limited. Breakfast is excellent with lots on offer and the guy at the egg station is amazing.

Yes, the rooms could do with updating but they are nicely furnished and cleaned well.

Overall, service is prompt and polite and the reception staff especially are very good.

My only real gripe this visit was the availability of food at the various bars and restaurants. The quality is good but the times you are able to order at is very unclear. There are posters all of the hotel advertising the various facilities; e.g. main pool swim bar offering drinks and food from 10am to sunset. I tried to order some food at 5pm and was told "No food, food stops at 4:30pm". The next day I ordered at 4:15pm and was told food stopped at 4pm! On the next day I asked well ahead of time and was told food stops at 3pm, maybe 3:30pm!". Also, the hotel guide states the opening hours for the Italian restaurant which serves very nice take-away pizzas. The hotel guide states the restaurant is open till 5pm. I went at 4:15pm just to be safe (based on my experiences at the pool bar) and was told the restaurant closed at 4pm and re-opened later in the evening. Grrrr!!!!! I was so cross I marched all the way back to my hotel room, grabbed the hotel guide, marched back to the restaurant and showed the restaurant manager the relevant page only to be told "Oh, that's old, it''s out of date". A simple insert in the hotel guide showing the current opening and closing times for the various bars and restaurants for that season (they vary summer to winter) is such an easy thing to do.
I wouldn't let the above niggle put you off as it is a very nice hotel which is why I'm hoping to go back again so soon.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank kl758
Dear Kl758 ,

It was so good to know that This was your third visit there in 18 months and we are hoping you return again .Thank you for you positive comments and feedback about you holiday at our property we are pleased that overall service was prompt and polite and the reception staff especially are very good and you were satisfied with the beach bars and the main pool bar are lovely. As well the good times you spent in Pirates bar great for watching the football , thak you again for you comments and satisfaction with Food and drink reasonable prices and breakfast was excellent and the chef at the egg station was friendly and good for you .

Please rest assured that your feedback is passed to all concerned to be properly addressed as well your positive kind comments with our team who always take great pride in our customer satisfaction .