“Brilliant holiday”

Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort
Ranked #41 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just got back from Sharm,another great holiday,staying at the Hilton Fayrous felt like home,the staff are so friendly and welcoming nothing to much bother,hotel very clean,grounds spotless beach well kept would just like to see better hair dyers in the rooms when I mentioned about this one was delivered to my room.Nama Bay very quite at present but still worth a visit.

Room Tip: Stay in bungalows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The resort staff personnel are very friendly and professional. Quality customer service and ensuring their resort guests have an enjoyable stay is a top priority. Facilities are clean, and polished, beach and pool areas are clean and well maintained. The resort landscaping department has done an exceptional job maintaining such a large property and keeping all plants, trees, grass and bushes alive and flourishing. The front desk staff has gone out of their way to ensure our room is above standards and have been available for assistance no matter what time of the day. Restaurant staff at all property restaurants are focused on customer service and serve you with a warm smile and friendly attitude. The Italian "Al Fresco" restaurant was amazing. The atmosphere of outdoor surroundings being right next to the beach with live music being played by an extraordinary musician (guitarist) set the mood for a romantic evening. The staff which I will gladly highlight by name, made every meal event special to even go as far as creating special meals for us. The following individuals provided outstanding service and took pride in their responsibilities within the restaurant and it showed in the meal preparation and dining area: Eid Ahia, Ossama, Mohamed Elshahat, Ahmed Byatchy (Chef), Mohamed Abdalah (chef). My review would not be complete if I did not highlight the courteous, friendly, and customer oriented Beach support personnel. They made the day at the beach more relaxing and enjoyable. Whether it was towel support, excursions, food and bar support, or most importantly the health and safety security office patrolling the beach all during the day to ensure our safety and to be present if someone needed medical attention or needed answers pertaining to safety. Thank you Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort for a wonderful and memorable stay.

Room Tip: pool view was great and close to beach and activities
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anthony B

Dear Guest, It is our real pleasure and gratitude to receive positive comments from a very important guest like yourself, I am so happy and proud that we succeeded to meet your expectations and we managed to make your recent holiday as enjoyable as ever. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us. We have taken notes of your kind comments and will pass it on to all departments concerned. For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Today is our last day at Hilton Fayrouz & it has been a great stay at a hotel I would recommend to others. Unfortunately I've had little chance to see Sharm having completed 28 dives in the last 10 days! I noticed Mr Magdy Metwally's response late last night & a 30 min discussion was arranged for today with his nominee, Mr Mostapha Younis (Assistant Front Desk Manager). He took notes & offered the hotel's perspective on issues we covered.
We discussed the need for individualised GM responses to TA consumer reviews which were unpatronising & addressed specific points made whether criticism or praise .
We addressed my perception that the evening buffet had insufficient variety from day to day & how, given they already have a traditional fired pizza oven, it could be better integrated into the Italian restaurant which currently did not use it. The disappeared Kiwi restaurant had been franchised & required a name change when it's management changed. Now called Havana Food Court, I suggested consideration be given to the image the name evoked & what they wished to achieve, as to me, a Food Court implies a particular class of establishment & Havana gave me an image of Cuba and cigars, neither of which seemed appropriate.
Our final "joined-up thinking" topic was WiFi/Happy Hour availability & location to attract both guests and passing traffic I was told free WiFi was "coming" and that it was already available at the Connie Bar opposite the Italian restaurant. This, in turn, led to discussion of information provision & promotion.
I hope the current political turmoil reduces quickly in the near future as Egyptian tourism can only take so much before it will be unable to recover. My wife & I hope to be back soon.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scubascubydoo
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest, First, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spent to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Fayrouz Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. Also, we are delighted that you are in general satisfied with your stay with us and we have taken notes of your positive comments and suggestions and will pass it to the department concerned . We always strive to achieve the highest levels of service quality and spare no efforts to reach guest satisfaction. Therefore, the Hotel services and facilities, as well as team members performance, are focal points of ongoing improvement to ensure the experience of our guests are at their full expectations. We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Fayrouz Resort in the very near future. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This is the first review I have written whilst still staying at the hotel I'm reviewing. The first thing I note is that just about all previous reviews evoke the same standard response from the General Manager, Magdy Metwally.
My wife & I are staying for 12 nights B&B & primarily for daily diving with Sinai Divers next door. We are in a room nicely situated next to the biggest of the 4 swimming pools here. We are very happy with the hotel, room, breakfast & very friendly staff who are only too happy to help or chat. We had a welcome cake for our wedding anniversary & welcome drink on Tuesday. Sharm is very quiet at the moment due to UK FCO advice with Brits & Russians being the largest contingent.
We chose to go for a 5 day upgrade to half board which was discounted from the usual LE160/person to LE100. It seemed good value but in that short interval was too repetitive as, even though the evening meal theme changed the menu changed little. You will not easily find the Kiwi Asian themed restaurant as it has name changed to Havana. Why do this with so many good Tripadvisor reviews? Nevertheless we enjoyed our meals there & staff were attentive & friendly. (Thanks Ahmed Gaber).
Hilton Fayrouz are definitely missing out as they have no free WiFi nor an adequate happy hour in a convenient location (The Pirate Bar is set too far back to attract passing trade & the incentives are poor). So our Happy Hour & WiFi "hit" was obtained at Hotel Jolie Ville barely 200 metres away.
So, Mr Metwally, no standard response please or you can find me before departure on 20 May. BTW we are enjoying our stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Scubascubydoo
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Guest,
First, I would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments with us.
Your comments are of a great importance to us, only through your comments, we aim to improve the level of services that our guests’ receive, and in today’s world this is essential.
We would like to seize this opportunity that you are still a respective guest in house, therefore we would like to cordially invite you for coffee do discuss your positive comments. Kindly advise your room number to the reception team and the convenient time to meet your good self.
We are looking forward for our meeting.
Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

this was our 3rd visit and it was as good as always. staff delightful and wonderful with kids. rooms very comfortable, gardens beautiful and the pools welcoming. food was good especailly breakfast. what really stands out though is the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My third time in Sharm, first time at this hotel and def the best so far. The rooms are chalet-style, single storey, distributed around a large beautiful garden and just across the pedestrian promenade to the private beach. You can snorkel right off the beach to small reefs no more than 30 meters away and very shallow, ideal for the beginner and families with kids. The staff were very pleasant and friendly, the rooms very clean and comfortable. It's a short walk from the hotel to shops, cafes, bars and restaurants in Na'ama Bay, so there's plenty of choice if you don't want to confine yourself to eating at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was standard, plenty of it and plenty of choice. I ate at the fish restaurant and it was rather lacking in atmosphere (the resort was very quiet and many restaurants were empty) but the food was good. A few drawbacks: firstly, the bar across the road (not part of the hotel) holds a foam party every Thursday night and it is VERY loud and it didn't finish til 3.30am! Rooms at the northern (airport) end of the site suffer most, so I guess you could ask for a room closer to reception. Secondly, when you first run the water, it is stained brown, it clears quickly but it obviously is not safe for drinking, the hotel does not provide complimentary drinking water - a 600ml bottle of water from the minibar costs 9EL (about 80p) but the same bottle from a supermarket costs 2EL. Thirdly, the Internet access is absurdly expensive. I was charged 360EL (£33) for five days, and only when I'd signed up did I read the small print to say that this charge was for EACH device. Ridiculous in this day and age and especially when almost all the local cafes offer free Internet when you have a drink. Despite these quibbles I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: To avoid the noise from the disco (only on Thursdays) ask for a room closer to reception. However...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Bill B
MagdyMetwally, General Manager at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our aim of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable. Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home. Sincerely, General Manager Office.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great Stay, great location, right on the beach. Walk off the beach to wonderful snorkeling and/or diving. Walk to shopping and restaurants. Only negative thing is some of the rooms are not yet updated....bad bed and television was old. Ask for one of the updated rooms. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple