“Friendliest hotel on the planet!”

Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Ranked #60 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Friendliest hotel on the planet!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As aircrew I have stayed in many hotels all around the world. The Marriott in Naama Bay, Sharm el Sheikh, has to be the friendliest hotel I have ever experienced. Elaine and her highly trained team of staff are an asset to the Marriott chain of hotels and I look forward to returning to enjoy their hospitality and friendly welcome. Bob and Omar in the Animation Team kept us entertained both during the day and also in the evenings, and their effervescent personalities and pure energy overflowed throughout the guest community regardless of race or nationality. Well done, guys! Ramy and his colleague keep the pool area spotless, and the size and temperature of the pool was perfect for my daily exercise swim and was enjoyed by the majority of other guests throughout the day. The hotel is perfectly situated for an evening stroll into the hustle and bustle of Naama Bay where bars, clubs and other restaurants can be enjoyed if you want a change from the numerous on-site hotel eateries.

Well done Elaine for leading such a motivated team.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gordon M
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Gordon

Thank you very much indeed for your very welcome review and kind words. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and the hosts you kindly mentioned with most certainly be recognized for the great job they are doing.

It is a great pleasure for us to have you and your colleagues staying here with us and I wish you many more great stays.

Once again a sincere thank you for taking the time to share your kind words.

Elaine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 22 April 2014

i highly recommend Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort to spend your vacation . The hotel staff were very friendly. excellent food . very good service . The hotel it self is set in a beautiful garden. defiantly i will go again and again. Thanks

Room Tip: Rooms with sea view .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ellen
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind positive review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you had an amazing holiday. We strive to deliver the highest standards of service and I was pleased to note that was what you received.
We sincerely appreciate you choosing Marriott for your stay in Sharm El Sheikh and very much look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Just spent a week here and loved it! The location is just far enough away from the main centre of naama bay but still close enough to walk. The hotel itself is set in beautiful gardens. Our rooms although dated were kept clean and the toiletries towels etc replenished daily. The food was fresh and very enjoyable (not one of the 6 of us suffered from upset stomach). By far the best thing about this holiday were the hotel staff who could not have been any nicer. All the gardeners, pool staff, security, cooks, waiters, etc were polite, caring and friendly. I celebrated my birthday whilst we were there and had fresh flowers on the breakfast table, a bouquet wrapped in a towel by the pool & swan towels on the bed! AMAZING! We really enjoyed an afternoon drink at the pergola bar as the sun set and a beer in Harrys Pub on the way out in the evening. The animation Staff were great! getting people involved around the pool and in the bar in the evening. The all inclusive could be improved as breakfast and dinner are at the mountain resort but lunch is at the beach resort. Drinks are included with lunch but not on the beach. We aim to return to Sharm and the Marriott again next year!

Room Tip: If staying at the mountain resort (all inclusive) go for a pool view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank John S
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear John
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your wonderful review following your recent holiday here with us. We truly appreciate you choosing the Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Red Sea Resort to celebrate your birthday and I was delighted to know that it was well recognized and I do hope you have many happy memories of your special day.
Your comments regarding the hospitality extended to you by our hosts is very much appreciated. We pride ourselves here on the high levels of product and service we deliver and I was pleased to note that this was exactly what you received.
Your comments regarding the all-inclusive lunch being at the beach side of the resort are well noted.
We are extremely pleased tor read that you will be returning again next year and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.
Once again we sincerely appreciate you sharing your kind positive review and we trust this finds you all well.
Warm Regards
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I am currently staying here with my family and I am a Marriott Platinum member and have stayed in Marriott's all over the world and have to say I am a little disappointed in this hotel. I am in the mountain side and have a room right next to the pool which is great. However the room is quite dated and tatty.

In regards to the food the breakfast is quite limited and the food isn't of a standard I would expect from Marriott. However looking at the buffet dinner it does look much more appealing than breakfast and we may try it later in the week (175 Egyptian pounds per adult).

This is my third visit to Sharm and if I am honest the other two hotels I have stayed in previously have been similar but I expected more from the Marriott chain.

On a positive note I have to say that the staff have been fantastic and can't do enough for us. The head of house keeping has been great and the room is cleaned daily but it needs some updating to bring it inline with other Marriott's. The location is perfect for families as it's away from the noise of the main town but close enough to walk to in 15 minutes.

Overall the hotel isn't bad, just not at the standard Marriott normally offer.

Stayed April 2014
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Jaye

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your very kind constructive feedback. As a Platinum member we truly value your loyalty to Marriott and I sincerely apologise for the room product and breakfast buffet not meeting with your expectation.

There is no excuse for the breakfast buffet not being to the Marriott standard expected and I will personally review this immediately with the Executive Chef and ensure that corrective action is taken. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to the dinner buffet on at least one of the nights during your stay.

Your comments regarding the room product being dated is something that we are currently working on with the owning company and we hope that we will be able to implement some of our plans in the near future.
I can only hope that these issues you kindly mention for improvement have not deterred from the overall enjoyment of your holiday here with us. Your kind comments regarding the hospitality of our hosts is very well received and will be shared with them.

It would be my pleasure to meet with you at your convenience at some point during your stay if your time allows.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to share your kind constructive review.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Having just spent a week in Shark El Sheikh I would recommend it to everyone who wants to holiday in Egypt. We stayed at the 4 star Marriott Hotel on an all inclusive basis and it certainly deserves its 4 star award and more. The hotel staff were attentive friendly and nothing was to much for them, I can say that they went above and beyond their duties to make guests feel welcome and looked after. The rooms were spacious and clean and every few days we were treated to towel sculpture placed on our beds ranging from swans to hearts and flowers. The dining was amazing, their was an extencive range of food on a daily basis consisting of local cuisine and specialties and English favourites. The breakfasts were second to none and even had a made to order omelette station with a range of fillings, ample ammounts of pastries and hot and cold food to suit everyone's needs. The entertainment was fabulous, we were treated to comedy shows fire dances and traditional music and dance in the evening and water aerobics water polo and many more activities in the day time with Bomb and Omar who were men of many talents, they had us crying with laughter when preforming their comedy routine. There definitely was something for all the family to enjoy. Shark El Sheikh had lots to offer from trinket shops, bars and restaurants to days out snorkeling which we enjoyed emencely. We went to Egypt as a family of 8 and I can honestly say that everyone had a brilliant holiday that we will talk about for many years to come and we are already planning another visit to shark El Sheikh but this time for longer. Thank you to all the wonderful staff at the Marriott Hotel for making out stay fun and memerable especially to Bomb who has so much energy and enthusiasm for his job, our holiday would not have been the same without him. So if your thinking of taking a holiday to Egypt, Shark El Sheikh is the place to go.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa C
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Melissa

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to write such a wonderful review following your recent stay with us here at the Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Red Sea Resort.
We were delighted to know that you and your family all had a great holiday and your kind positive comments about the hospitality and product and services delivered to you are very much appreciated.
It was a real pleasure to have you here with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Trust this finds you all well.

london
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a sea view suite for ten days, and were first delivered into a garden one
After the confusion was resolved and we were correctly sited
We immediately noticed a damp smell in our interior hall
It wasn't anywhere else and being tired after a long days travelling we let it go.
However it was still there on the day we left
The other facilities in room were as one would expect in a 4*
Definitely not 5*
But the cleaning of the bathroom was a bit under par
Grouting in the tiled areas needed attention and around the bath never seemed to be touched by the cleaners
Although described as beach view, one would have to be at least four metres tall to attain this and so I don't think certain ground floor suites should be categorised as such.
The noise from the beach front bar would be very disturbing at times. Past 12.30 am every night and it's quite loud. I did mention it at reception but they just laughed and dismissed my
concern.
Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful
But the quality is not what one would expect from the Marriott
Did I mention the noise!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank petethepipe
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. Your comments regarding the cleaning of your guest room, the lack of attention your feedback received from our reception host and the noise from the beach bar are all well noted and will be given our immediate attention. We pride ourselves here on the high standards of product and service we deliver and we have clearly badly let ourselves down on this occasion. I can only hope that the issues you kindly mention did not deter from the overall enjoyment of your holiday.
Please accept my sincere personal apologies for the evident inconvenience and annoyance these matters caused for you and I sincerely thank you for sharing this with us.
I do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again to our resort in the future when I am confident you will see the necessary improvements in place.
Once again we thank you for taking the time to share your kind constructive feedback.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Just returned back from the Marriott hotel having stayed there for one week all inclusive and were very happy with our stay. We stayed at the Mountain side and had emailed them prior to our arrival to ask if we could have a pool view room, even though we had only reserved a garden view room. On our arrival, we were very pleased to learn that they had provided us with a pool view room as requested. The rooms were slightly tired and could probably do with a slight refurbish but they are clean and have everything you need. The cleaner was really good and often provided us with towel art on our bed which was a nice surprise to come back to!

The food at the buffet restaurant was lovely, with a good choice of dishes. We visited the Japanese restaurant one evening which was on the sea side. The chef cooked the food right in front of you, so the experience was excellent and a lot of fun. The food was amazing and there was plenty of it! As we were all inclusive, we got a discount at all restaurants at the Marriot, which meant the meal at the Japanese restaurant worked out to be very reasonable. The drinks in this restaurant were a part of the all inclusive deal which was good, as at some of the other restaurants you have to pay for your drinks.

The pool area was lovely with lots of sunbeds available. There was an island in the middle of the pool which had a bar and a seating area. You could also get snacks here at certain times of the day. The animation team were around the pool each day and were all really friendly. They asked if you would like to get involved with their daily activities such as stretching, aqua aerobics and water polo, but didn't push you if you were not keen in taking part! The animation leader Bob was particularly nice and often chatted to you around the pool. When we told him that we wanted to visit Soho Square, he told us to leave it to him and he would find out which shows were on for the nights we were in Egypt and would organise our transport. Once he found out the information he came back to us to let us know the details and explained the mini bus would pick us up from our hotel and take us back from Soho square later that evening. The mini bus was free of charge, so we really appreciated Bob sorting this out for us!

Overall, we had a lovely holiday here at the Marriott hotel. It was clean, had a great location and had lovely staff (in particular Bob!). We would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return one day soon!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms have the best view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Hollie

Many thanks indeed for writing your extensive positive review following your stay with us here in Sharm. We were delighted to know that you enjoyed your time and we thank you for your kind positive feedback on the hospitality extended to you especially by Bob and your kind comments on the food and beverage experiences you enjoyed throughout your stay.
We sincerely appreciate you sharing your kind comments and we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again sometime soon.