Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Hilton Sharks Bay Resort(Sharm El Sheikh)
US$80
US$48
US$132
Movenpick.com
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$64
  • Breakfast included
Xperience Kiroseiz Parkland(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$44
Travelocity
US$65
US$49
  • Pool
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay(Sharm El Sheikh)(Great Value!)
US$29
Hotels.com
2,267 results
All reviewsmountain sidenaama bayanimation teampool barbreakfast and dinnerhalf boardspecial thanksgreat holidaygarden viewprivate beachon a daily basisitalian restaurantbig thanksadamsharmsouislam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I recently stayed at the mountain side with my family/extended family and feel very disappointed with my holiday. There were 3 members of staff whom were polite and helpful including 1 bar staff, a lady/manager who worked in the restaurant and our room cleaner-Mohammed. Other than this the staff were extremely rude and unhelpful. We spent half our time waiting to be served and watching others whom weren't English being served before us despite being inline first. It also felt that rather than making us feel welcome, we were a nuisance and they were un-willing to help. There were days when the food was OK but most days we had to eat out as there was limited variety and what there was was of poor quality. The previous year my family had experience much greater service and better experience at a 4* hotel 2mins down the road so it was a great disappointment and I consider this hotel the equivalent to a 3 star English hotel at best. On top of this nearly all of our group suffered with the Shigella illness that is currently sweeping through hotels in Sharm, my boyfriend witnessed a member of the hotel staff leave a toilet cubicle without washing his hands during a meal time which although may have been harmless is not reflective of the levels of hygiene that you would expect from catering staff and is also worrying as the illness is spread fecaly as a result of poor toilet hygiene.

On the beach side of the hotel, Harry's pub was fun and the Italian restaurant was excellent, the food choice was generally better too. we had good trips out quad biking, at the water park and on a boat trip. and we did have fun in our own company

Overall the lack of politeness and decent service really marred the enjoyment of our holiday. We had fun on our days out and laying by the pool its just a shame that the hotel didn't make us feel as welcome as we would have liked. Unfortunately we will not be returning to Egypt and this experience is probably the major factor, that and all of the locals constantly trying to scam money out of you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robyn G
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Robyn

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay here with us. I was extremely disappointed to read of the lack of hospitality and politeness which spoilt your holiday for which there is absolutely no excuse.

We pride ourselves here on the high standards of hospitality we deliver and it is clear we have badly let ourselves down on this occasion.

Your kind constructive feedback will be personally reviewed by the Food and Beverage Manager and corrective action taken.

Our Culinary team take all feedback regarding quality and variety of the food extremely seriously and are always willing to provide our guests with any special request and strive to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable dining experience and again I can only apologise if this was not the service and helpfulness that you experienced.

I have checked in the resort and we have no record of any reported illness and I am sorry that you did not make us aware of this during your stay to allow us to have a proper medical check done by our resort doctor. You may have informed your tour operator representative but again if that was the case we were sadly not informed of this to allow us to do the follow up expected on receipt of any guest comment of this nature.

Hygiene is a top priority for us at all times as you would expect from an international chain resort and we train our associates diligently, however, again the comment that you make following your boyfriends observation is very well noted and action will be taken.

I can only offer our sincere apologies Robyn for us not meeting your expectations and I can only hope that you will decide to return to Egypt and to our resort when I am confident you will see the necessary improvements in place.

I am sorry that we were not made aware of the disappointments you were experiencing as I can only try and reassure we would have done whatever we could to ensure you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed in the Mariott in Sharm in July 2014. This wasn't my first visit to Sharm El Sheik as I have been previously but my first time at the Marriott. We stayed in the Mountain Side. I'm usually not one to moan about hotels but it just didn't seem up to its '5 Star Rating'

The pool is lovely and clean and the pool guy is very nice who reserved our sun beds for us every day. He was so grateful after we had tipped him & put our towels out for us every day. For us, the pool bar service was slow. Egyptian people would get served within a flash and were highly prioritised over ourselves (the English). We would wait at the bar 10 mins and the person would just stare at us. It seemed as if we were being a pain asking for a drink whereas it shouldn't be like that as it is their job to provide us with drinks!
One lovely pool bar man Ahmed was lovely though! He was brilliant. He always helped us and even told one of his staff off for making us wait to long.

It seems as if the staff on the Beach Side of the hotel are ever so friendly and helpful rather than Mountain side.

Our rooms were very big and spacious. They were clean-ish. The TV is good and provides many channels just watch out when you turn it on the volume is always full blast! The cleaners were nice but seemed to always be fishing around when they see you enter your room as if you are going to tip then every day - it is their job why should we tip them every day??

There wasn't much variety of choice for food. Seemed as if it was the same dishes produced every night. Wasn't too great. Wouldn't recommend if you are a fussy eater!

The location of the hotel is brilliant though. You are a 2 min walk from McDonald's (where we spent most of our meal times as food was rank) and a 10 minute walk straight into Narma Bay.

I would recommend doing activities while out there. Every time in Egypt we do quad biking in the desert. It's great fun and you get to watch the sun rise or set (depends what time you pick). We also did a boat trip with snorkelling and diving. Was great value for money and best day of my holiday with good food included too. We visited the water park - we brought an all inclusive wrist band so all drinks and food were included - was a bargain!

Overall I probably wouldn't come back here. The other all inclusive hotels I've been to in egypt have a higher standard than this and they were less than 5 star.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank raaaachel29

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind candid review following your recent stay here with us.

I was disappointed to read that you perceived priority going to different nationalities – all our guests are valued customers and rightly deserve the best service we can deliver at all times – and I sincerely apologise for this not being what you evidently experienced.

Your comments regarding the food quality and variety will be reviewed with the culinary team. I understand your visit was during Ramadan when there were many people breaking their fast during this time we strived to ensure that international guests were equally well catered for – but again it appears that we failed to deliver to your expectations for which we apologise.

We sincerely value you sharing your comments to allow us to take the necessary corrective actions. It is disappointing to read that you will not return and we can only hope that you may re-consider allowing us the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

i booked a room in the mountain side for 5 days starting sunday 17 august for me and my wife and my little daughter
this is the first time for my family in marriott sharm el sheikh resort not in sharm el sheikh. i have an old experience in marriott hurghada before in october 2011 and it was above than my expectations. i'm so excited and i can't wait to go there
and when i finish my holiday i will write a review about it to help other people.

AMR SAMIR

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AMRSAMIR2014
Marriott Sharm ... R, Elaine Watson, General Manager at Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Mr Amr

Thank you so much for connecting with us through trip advisor. We are delighted to know that we will have the great pleasure of welcoming you and your family to our resort on the 17th of August. We very much look forward to having you hear with us and will spare no effort to ensure you have a great holiday.

We thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and look forward to seeing you in Sharm El Sheikh soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is my third stay at Marriott Sharm, my first at beach side the previous two were at the mountain side.
Overall it was great, the food was tasty with many choices, rooms were clean well organized and spacious with comfortable beds ( we had garden view rooms ) .

Pools were excellent, so clean with plenty of sun beds.
The beach wasn't as clean as it used to be before, cigarettes and empty cans on the sand, trash and plastic cups in the sea. Corals ain't there anymore only traces left with about five or six fishes swimming around, five years ago i used to snorkel there at a fantastic reef but still you can see nice reef at the neighborhoods .

Staff weren't welcoming Egyptians the same way as foreigners, many thanks goes to the Chefs for their great job and nice hospitality

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are so quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzz78

Dear Valued Guest

A sincere thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay here with us.

We sincerely thank you for your loyalty to Marriott – it is very much appreciated.

Your kind constructive feedback is very welcome and the points you note for improvement are very well noted and we will ensure this is taken care of.

I thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding the food, guest rooms and pool areas which will be shared with the team responsible.

I was concerned to read your comment regarding the level of welcome to some nationalities as an international hotel welcoming visitors from all over the world – we strive to offer exceptional hospitality to each and every one of our guests and I sincerely apologise if this is not what you experienced.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to Sharm El Sheikh sometime soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I booked 4 nights in this hotel with friend. Hotel is in the middle of Naama Bay which allow you to moving on feet. There are an exciting beach activities.
Rooms furniture was renewed while I booked before on 2010 and the furniture was very old.
The service is good but the food Buffet is kind of average taste.

Room Tip: Room views on swimming pool better to be far of beach bar singer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Saud

It was a great pleasure to have you and your friend here with us and I am delighted to know that you found our location to be excellent and our product and service delivery met with your expectations.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind constructive feedback with us.

We value your loyalty to Marriott and sincerely hope we will have the great pleasure of welcoming you back again sometime soon.