The rooms are basic but everything works... the bathroom has a strong shower , the air con gets everything cool quickly and the double doors onto the balcony did a fantastic job of making the room soundproofed from the bustle of Sharm and the nightclub just along the strip could not be heard. Housekeeping came in daily and everything was kept nice and clean. This is obviously not a 5 star castle, but it is an excellent standard for the price.
Having the dive centre on site was also very useful and the team were there till late if you wanted to discuss arrangements for the next day. There was a bit of a walk down to the busy jetty for boarding the boat but the dive kit was delivered there for you so it wasn't an issue. And it was a very nice touch to be able to chil out back at the dive centre with a cold glass of sakara knowing your room was just a few steps away.
There is also a great camel rooftop bar with good food and drinks to be purchased and happy hour starting just as you get back from the boat. I think our group was there every night for a drink or two as it had such a great atmosphere.
The hotel also has free wifi which was a little slow due to the heavy traffic from all the guests but can't complain as its a great perk to keep in touch with the world while your away.
The Beach is also a short walk, but on the non diving days at the end of the holiday we chose to frequent the quiet pool at the hotel. This was pretty peaceful (I guess not many kids at a dive orientated hotel) and I have to admit I found a nice spot in the kids pool to read my book as i personally wilt in the 35-40 degree heat. There were some good sunbeds and parasols available around the pool too.
And Sharm itself with its restaurants and shops in just on the doorstep.
All in all a great hotel to use as a base for a diving holiday. I would be happy to return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our small and friendly 4* Camel Hotel is specially designed to be a "one stop" base for your perfect diving holiday. Our 5* PADI centre - voted Best Dive Centre Worldwide 2013 - is known as the friendliest in Sharm El Sheikh, and has its own diver training pool. Enjoy our Tandoori and Pomodoro restaurants on-site, relax with a post-dive drink or meal at our famous Camel Bar, or savour our delicious homemade Italian ice-cream at Vanilla cafe. We're located in the heart of Na'ama Bay, just five minutes' walk from the jetty from where dive trips depart. We run daily boat trips to Tiran, Ras Mohammed, Thistlegorm wreck and speedboat excursions, or we offer a complete range of PADI and TDI diving lessons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Camel Dive Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camel Dive Club And Hotel
- Camel Dive Club Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Camel Dive Hotel
- Hotel Camel Dive