Our first stay at Camel (recommended by a mate, a keen diver) and neither of us had done SCUBA before but fancied an active holiday with 'something to show for it'. The Open Water course was amazing, full-on at times (taking my mask off underwater for the first time was a massive challenge for me!) but rewarding and lots of fun. Saw some incredible marine life, including the Napoleon wrasse that lives in the hull-sculpture off home reef, he seems to enjoy playing up to the camera!
Instructors and all staff at Camel and Pomodoro are faultlessly professional and friendly. Our pool-view room was incredibly convenient, clean and spacious; everything we could have wanted. In fact, extraordinary value for money with the breakfast buffet included.
Felt a real sense of achievement when we passed our PADI and we are already planning our next visit; some adventure dives (I really want to visit Ras Mohammed) an underwater photo course and perhaps even Advanced Open Water...
I had been a bit concerned (as I'm in my very late forties) that the dive club would be full of trendy, funky youngsters in their twenties who'd been diving all their lives and I'd be a bit of a sore thumb but that was SO not the case; Camel caters for a huge range of ages and abilities, I never once felt uncomfortable or unable to 'keep up'.
Thank you to everyone at Camel...see you next year, that's a promise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our small and friendly 4* Camel Hotel is specially designed to be a "one stop" base for your perfect diving holiday. Our 5* PADI centre - voted Best Dive Centre Worldwide 2013 - is known as the friendliest in Sharm El Sheikh, and has its own diver training pool. Enjoy our Tandoori and Pomodoro restaurants on-site, relax with a post-dive drink or meal at our famous Camel Bar, or savour our delicious homemade Italian ice-cream at Vanilla cafe. We're located in the heart of Na'ama Bay, just five minutes' walk from the jetty from where dive trips depart. We run daily boat trips to Tiran, Ras Mohammed, Thistlegorm wreck and speedboat excursions, or we offer a complete range of PADI and TDI diving lessons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U. and Booking.com so you can book your Camel Dive Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camel Dive Club And Hotel
- Camel Dive Club Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Camel Dive Hotel
- Hotel Camel Dive