“Amazing diving and amazing hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Camel Dive Club & Hotel
Ranked #61 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stayed a few days at Camel to do my PADI. I'd never been diving before and I was also a solo female traveller - I'm quite intrepid but there's always nerves when you head off on a solo trip to do something you've never done before. The hospitality from Camel I received from start to finish was impeccable and I've been meaning to write this review for weeks! The team answered all my questions in the booking process with real patience and with all the info I needed; as a first-time diver I felt so at ease. I was picked up from the airport by a lovely driver and the hotel staff were so welcoming. The dive tuition was fantastic to say nothing of the superb dive locations we were taken on our lessons. The Indian themed restaurant was delicious and the waiters extremely friendly. And the room was incredibly comfortable - it's worth paying the little bit extra for the pool view (which I ended up doing after I made the booking originally), not only to have a balcony but also to tap into the wifi from there. June was incredibly hot but it was a lovely, bearable dry heat, and it made the water temperature really pleasant to dive in. I would absolutely go back to this place... in fact, I hope I do!

Room Tip: Definitely pay extra for the poolside rooms to enjoy the balcony - good for hanging out your wet swi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Cat R
CamelDive-Sharm, Public Relations Manager at Camel Dive Club & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Dear Cat R,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your holiday with us at Camel Dive Club & Hotel.

We are glad that you felt so safe and relaxed during your time with us as a single female traveler and that you enjoyed all aspects of the Camel experience, including our award winning Indian restaurant Tandoori.

We hope that you will come again to see us and further your diving career. Don’t forget to look out for our occasional special offers on the internet!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have been to the Camel Dive Club and Hotel twice now within the last 6 months - on both occassions I have been impressed with the professionalism and customer service oriented approach of all the people who work there from the bus drivers, hotel staff, boat crew, and especially the dive guides. They are truly running a world class operation there and the diving is nothing short of spectactular! I will unquestionably be going back to stay and dive with them again! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear STS2009,

Thank you very much for your great recommendation.

It is always nice when our guests return again and again. We strive to always offer the best service and are very happy to hear from our satisfied guests. Thanks again for your super comments!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I spent 4 nights in this hotel on a diving break in Sharm. If you're a diver, its a perfect choice as they have one of the leading dive centers in the hotel. The rooms are well equiped and as comfortable as other 5* hotels I've stayed at in Sharm. The breakfast is good and so are the Indian and Italian restaurants. I will probably choose Camel again the next time I come on my own for diving.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TinoA

Dear TinoA,

Thanks for your feedback about your diving break with Camel Dive Club & Hotel here in Sharm el Sheikh.

We are happy to hear you had a comfortable stay and enjoyed some of our restaurants, as well as our diving services. We hope to see you back here again soon, maybe for a longer break?

Reviewed 16 August 2014

After reading many positive reviews, I had high expectations for my stay at Camel Dive. It far exceeded all my expectations. To begin my trip, I simply sent an inquiry email- they took care of everything else. Extremely stress-free.
I booked three days of fun diving, and ended up doing my advanced open water and nitrox courses at the same time. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. They are laid back, extremely well organized and attentive to guests needs. Travelling alone, I was slightly apprehensive that I'd be left out or forgotten in the business- this was absolutely not the case. I met new people every day and really had an amazing experience. The hotel facilities were perfect for my needs as well. Cozy and comfortable

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Laila E

Dear Laila E,

We are so happy we exceeded your expectations of Camel Dive Club and enjoyed your stress-free diving with us.

We have many repeat guests that travel alone, so having the Hotel as part of the Diving Centre is an ideal solution. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Sharm el Sheikh and hopefully further your diving career!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This review is based on the fact that Camel hotel is a hotel for divers - if you are looking for a romantic couples getaway or family holiday then what you are seeking may be better served elsewhere in Sharm, but for the divers among you I hope this is helpful

We have visited Sharm several times but this was our first stay at Camel hotel and we were very impressed. The staff are very helpful and the front desk incredibly efficient at both check in and out, always available and always helpful. Rooms are a good size and spotless - we had a ground floor pool view room - and the free wifi although not super speed a very welcome extra There is some noise from the streets but otherwise this is a quiet oasis They understand us divers have early starts and breakfast (plentiful and tasty) is available from 06:30 and as reception hand out the beach towels you are guaranteed a clean beach towel each day - no waiting for the pool boy to appear! There are other helpful little touches such as the rail outside to hang your bits and pieces to dry/air after a days diving. Non diving days are quiet - we had the pool to ourselves on our last day We did not dive with Camel dive club but did make plentiful use of the restaurant and bars (all excellent) and the location in the centre of Naama is super within walking distance of most of the major dive schools, shops and other outlets If I was wanting a week by a pool type of holiday then I would opt for something more plush with pool bar etc but as a base for diving this place is perfect especially for the price we paid

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ZanyB,

Thank you for the positive review of your time with us at the Camel Hotel.

It is great to be chosen by a regular visitor to Sharm el Sheikh. Due to our central location there is occasionally some noise but, as you say, we are a quiet oasis right in the heart of Naama Bay, a minute away from the sea. We are glad you enjoyed our tasty early breakfast to set you up for the day, and made use of some of our other restaurant facilities and that you also found these excellent.

We hope you will chose to stay with us again in the future and maybe try diving with us too! We look forward to welcoming you back to Sharm el Sheikh.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have just spent another week staying at the Camel Club. It really is an ideal base for diving in Sharm – the Dive base is right on site, there is an Italian and an Indian restaurant, and of course the famous camel roof-top bars. The hotel is small and friendly, has a great swimming pool for days off, and access to a near-by beach. Both the restaurants provide excellent food and attract large numbers of non-residents (in fact I am pretty sure most people eating in the two restaurants are unaware they are part of the hotel). The breakfast which is served in the inside part of the Italian restaurant is more than adequate. This hotel treats you as an individual and the staff go out of their way to be helpful. Whilst this review concerns the hotel rather than the dive-base it should be said this this is also of the highest standards with excellent staff. As always our experience was excellent from the moment we were met by a Camel Club representative before immigration with our Egyptian visas until we were dropped off at the airport for our return flight. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David E

Dear David E,

Thanks for your feedback on your week staying with us at the Camel Dive Club & Hotel.

It is great to know how well our staff looked after you during your stay here and that our high standards met your expectations. We are always happy to respond to any assistance you may need during your stay with us. Our panoramic roof-top bar is, as you say, rightly famous along with our ever popular (with locals and tourists) Tandoori and Pomodoro restaurants. And you also discovered our delicious early breakfast served inside the Pomodoro Restaurant, perfect before a day diving!

We look forward to your next visit here to Sharm el Sheikh.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our fifth diving holiday at Camel over the past nine years, but it had been a couple years since we were here last. We discovered that the hotel had improved on many fronts, despite the difficulties experienced by Egyptian tourism in recent years. Small things have been addressed, i.e. Hangers outside the balconies to dry gear and countless other small touches. The best part has always been, and was again, the staff. The dive crew, from the instructors to Dive masters to the administration were superb, friendly, highly professional,and made us feel so at home. The hotel desk, housekeepers, and Food and Beverage staff are always wonderful and helpful, and remember your needs and wants instantly. Originally we were planning to dive with a live aboard. Frankly, after staying with Camel, we cannot even consider staying and diving anywhere else. It is impossible to name everyone that made our stay so enjoyable, so we will let it go with our thoughts; Camel Dive Hotel is the best, and keeps getting better. Thank you!

Room Tip: All rooms face the swimming pool and have a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neal K

Dear Neil K,

Thank you so much for your great review of your diving holiday with us.

It is always nice to hear from our regular guests how much they enjoyed their stay with us. We are always looking to improve our service and like to hear how we can improve, even in tough times, and even if it is just a small touch that makes your stay more enjoyable. We are always striving to make our guests happy - your words are much appreciated!