“Good location, disgusting food & awful service!”
Review of Kahramana Hotel

Kahramana Hotel
Ranked #144 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I went to this hotel for my 1st holiday with my boyfriend, we wanted close to naama bay and that was what it was, I would say the hotel is spotless and hassan the pool attendant was a lovely man and so was the cleaners, but there was a high number of staff which was very rude and the bar staff seemed to make it as if you shouldn't be asking for a drink! The size of the drink you get is ridiculous, a throw away plastic cup which doesn't last 2 minutes in the heat of Egypt, We went all inclusive and I wouldn't have bothered if I knew the food was going to be so disgusting, we was served with under-cooked chicken and fish and lived off rice and pasta through the day and spent extra money at night eating out. When talking with other couples from different hotels we felt ripped off by the service and the all inclusive we was getting compared to them! I would and will be going back to Egypt but 100% not this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Advantages :
The hotel is very well located in Naama bay. They have a nice pool.

Distadvantages:
The staff are very rude and not at all trained for customer service. Meals are very poor. Towels are not clean and don't feel comfortable using them. Noisy hotel because of some shows that are performing in the middle of the room area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I went to this hotel in may for my birthday with my boyfriend for our first holiday, our travel agent had put us in the perfect location as we wanted close to the beach, it was right in the middle of naama bay which can be lively if we wanted it to but also have a nice quiet one :) the food was disgusting we was all inclusive and we had to pay to eat out everyday and night because we couldn't eat the food that was there, also for my birthday the hotel had sent a letter saying they were going to give me a cake, as we went on a stargazing trip that day we said we would have it about half 9 before we go out for dinner, the barman Ayman then pulls my boyfriend away and says he has to pay 100 Egyptian pounds for this, he does it but then we later find out he wasn't supposed to do this and was stealing from us , also all the bar staffs attitude is terrible its such an effort for them to even pour you a drink!!!! Egypt was amazing i would go back but not to this hotel, must say tho our maid was lovely and really great also the pool man Hassan. would say this hotel is for young people like us tho as there is loud club music all day and night, there was a lot of Russians and Polish there tho.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

we have just returned from this hotel after spending a very enjoyable week there.The hotel and all areas are spotless they never stop cleaning.Rooms nice and spacious balcony small but served the purpose.Food was good and plentiful not a massive chose but fish beef chicken lots of fresh salads and plenty of fresh fruit.I did not hear anyone once complain of tummy troubles which is unusual.Staff are efficient caring and soon become your friend.Thanks to all for a very enjoyable week we will be back Kate and Mr Peter

Room Tip: room 1102 was superb opened on to pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kathy h
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The good - Location.
The bad - The hotel has decided that their guests would like to hear loud 'boom boom' music from first thing in the morning until last thing at night when the local disco then takes over until about 3am. One night it was so loud we couldn't even read and when I asked them to turn it down (we had a speaker right outside our bedroom window) they actually turned it up!
Our relaxing holiday turned out to be a nightmare and we couldn't wait to leave. If we hadn't paid in advance we would certainly have moved to a different hotel
The Ugly - Cleanliness & smell (cigarettes) of the room was not good. The hotel has painted everything white which would be fine if it was thoroughly cleaned but it's not. Even the foyer in the hotel is grubby with full ashtrays everywhere, black marks on the walls and furnishings extending into the hotel room where parts of the room look like it has never been cleaned. Our floor had chewing gum stuck to it when we first arrived so I asked them to remove it. The curtains are hanging off in parts and the vanity in the bathroom looks as if it's falling apart at the back and has certainly never seen a cleaner. We had a suite so it had a kitchen in it which was completely bare - not even a bottle of water or a cup to put it in - completely useless!
Toiletries as advertised are non existent unless you count the wall mounted liquid soap & toilet paper.
All in all, a great disappointment and one we hope never to repeat.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thai_Rain
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here. For nearly 3 weeks in November didn't regret it but wouldn't stay again , it's kept fantastically clean, the cleaning guys are a great bunch and do a great job as to are the pool guys, buts that's where i stop with nice staff , reception rude, and bar staff rude , this hotel does not really cater for the British and dosnt seem to want us there either, if your Russian you'll love it as there's plenty of vodka , and the staff will share in your walking around looking glum and ignorant to the British, plenty other hotels around, I'd try them if I was you :) food was great some days and terrible on others, and the lager was a joke, tiny plastic glasses , when asked for a decent sized lager glass we were looked at oddly, bye kahramana

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank papm71
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Hey guys:) When I decided to come to Egypt it was so hard to choose perfect location, but we( my best friend and I) decided to come to Sharm el sheikh and we heard that Kahramana hotel is amazing, so we decided to check it out. It was a great choice. More than great even. All the stuff in this hotel is so friendly, smiling all the time, waiting to give you a helping hand. A barman Mustafa really made our day even more wonderful by his adorable smile. We were spending many hours near the swimming pool and we met so many foreigners. We were playing volleyball with the animation guy Assem Elmasry. We totally love him. Such a nice personality. We love partying, so again we were so satisfied, but even if you think that you are not interested in it, clubs in Sharm will move all the party poopers in the world.
Food in the hotel was very tasty. My best friend doesn’t eat meat, so she was scared that she will simply become bored by the food, but this is not possible. We couldn’t even try everything, cause we had every kind of food under the sun. In our hotel room we had all we needed, very well equipped. We adored the design of the hotel. Now we are back in Poland with an amazing tan, a lot of new friends and wanting to come back as soon as possible. When you once travel to Kahramana you will simply come back. It is an unique treasure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends