after reading the reviews both me an my boyfriend wasnt expecting much from the hotel, but we got a cheap deal and went with no high expectations! The hotel itself is lovely, it has an authentic egyptian style which really gives it character, and doesnt make it look like a 'cheap' hotel as some of the more 'modern' low cost hotels can feel ! the only thing that we could say wasnt that good was the all inclusive. For drinks this consisted of fanta, sprit, cola, spirits and local beer. If you want pinapple or apple juice in your vodka you have to pay! The all inclusive stops at 10pm so make sure you get as many drinks lined up as you can before then! The food was ok, abit repetative with pasta, rice, chicken and veg, not much options, but still nice ! There wasnt much entertainment in the hotel at night and none in the day, but there is music around the pool which does make the difference. the rooms are lovely too, though there are only a small amount that have balconys, many of them have wooden shutters instead, which nobody who had one of these rooms complained about!
Alot of the complaints i have read about the Amar Sina are small things that shouldnt really affect your holiday, if you and your partner or friends cant enjoy yourself without hotel entertainment, then maybe you should be together, or holiday together, me an my boyfriend had a great time! You cant pay rock bottom prices and expect to have the luxury of a 5* hotel, which is where alot of the complaints seem to have stemmed from. the hotel is only small so everybody seems to speak to everybody, though there was alot of polish people in the hotel but still loads of the English to! its a little bit away from Naama Bay, so you couldnt walk it but it cost you no more than 20 /25 Egyptian pounds, which is about £2.50! the hotel taxi driver will take you and pick you up so u dont have to try and haggle the mad taxi drivers down from ridiculous prices!
the free beach doesnt have sand and you sunbath on slat/rocks but we went a few times as this didnt bother us at all and the sorkling there is fantastic, so you wouldnt even need to go on a trip, we didnt. we only had 1 bad experience with a painter and his shop but apart from him, you dont get hasselled to go in shops too much, you just say no and they leave it at that!
The manager Mohammad on the reception is a lovely man, always happy to help and will get you cheaper trips, and he is most definately not out to rip you off. You can't bring drink or food in to the hotel (biscuits and crisp are ok as you cant buy them at the hotel) so we smuggled water in frm the shop next door in my beach bag, as they charge 2 egyptian pounds and the hotel charge 7 !
The rooms are cleaned every day to a high standard, with clean bedding an towels !
All in all, we would both go back to this hotel for a cheap holiday, as it was much better then we expected it to be!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Amarsina is an authentic Egyptian village, one of which a visitor would feel home. Within its genuine architecture, one can find some of the best inherited methods of construction in Egyptian heritage. Some Green Architecture principles was applied fifteen years ago during the construction of the village. So, as you walk through its two-hundred year old wooden door towards the lobby, you slowly start to discover the essence of the place. The handmade-brick decorated domes, colored marble floors, inner courtyard where the main swimming pool is located, village’s backyard farm with its iconic Pharonic statues, walkways, paths and corridors. We bring Egypt on a silver plate right to your grip.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Amar Sina Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Amar Sina Village
- Amar Sina Sharm El Sheikh
- Amar Sina Hotel Sharm El Sheikh