“Book this hotel you won't be dissapointed.”

Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort
Ranked #61 of 234 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
“Book this hotel you won't be dissapointed.”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Visited in January for one week for family holiday.
Although the hotel was not completely finished we had a brilliant holiday.
We vowed to return and have just booked for the first time ever to return to the same hotel.

Egypt is perfect. Stunning backdrop of the mountains, beautiful clear sea and clean beaches. Just 5 hours from the uk and pretty much guaranteed sunshine ticks all the boxes :)

One of the kids in our party asked when are we getting to our hotel (we were in the lobby checking in) I told him we were at our hotel - my 6 year old nephew simply replied "Wow".

The hotels architecture is what you could dream up as a perfect beautiful hotel with no expense spared.

The staff are all wonderful, very polite and helpful. The manager Syed is often chatting checking that all his guests are happy and enjoying their stay. If you have a problem - if you can find a fault he will resolve it.

Rooms were the best I have ever stayed in. Extremely comfortable beds. We had a two bedrooms room. One with super kingside bed and the other two doubles. Both rooms have their own flat screen tvs. All latest technology with touch screen next to bed to request do not disturb or to request your room cleaned.
Our cleaner Hassan was great. Our room was kept spotless. We enjoyed coming back each afternoon to see what he would have made out of a towel on the bed :) not talking flowers or swans but life size crocodiles! And elephants!

The food/ drinks were good.
The service in the buffet was great and especially the manager and the waiter Forag were always on hand to get a table ready for our party of 7 and take our drinks order. If there is nothing you fancy the chef will make you something.

We all enjoyed the entertainment and the children aged 1/6/8 enjoyed the kids disco.

I tried the spa and indoor pool the massages are excellent and not too expensive.

Looking forward to our next stay there.

Thank you all at Sunrise for the memories of a great holiday.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Bruts
SunriseArabianBeach, Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 November 2015
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It was with great pleasure that we received your kind comments. We will surely be sharing them with our team!

We are delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression. Providing our valuable guests with memorable experiences, are a paramount of importance to us all.
I would also like to thank you for complementing our staff team members. They will be certainly delighted to know that they left a great impression on you. They will be very happy to hear that their efforts are appreciated.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the near future.
Arabian Beach Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Having read lots of reviews on hotels in Sharm, I had realised that 'five star' has a different meaning here and tried to prepare myself accordingly. However, I was still disappointed. Let's be clear, this was not a disaster, but the experience was marred by some things that should be easy to fix. The room was spacious and clean. The buffet food was good, reasonably varied and no-one got sick. The main pool was large and warm. The sea (swimming access via a pier) was teeming with fish. Then the problems start.

The service at the main restaurant (buffet) was awful - drinks were slow and often forgotten; cutlery was provided for two when their were three of us; the staff didn't seem to be stop chatting up my wife or touching my son(4) - then, when you were about half way through you meal, they would become hyperefficient and you couldn't put your cutlery down or your plate would be taken.

On our first day we tried booking in one of the a-la-carte restaurants to be told that the booking system was down and we'd have to go to the office. There the girl told us we could only book in the mornings and that now she was 'too busy doing her own work'. When we dutifully turned up the next morning everything was booked out but we managed to get two slots later in the week. After observing for a couple of days we realised that the restaurants were only opened on alternate nights and only took 22 bookings per night (11 each in two sittings, leaving the restaurant half empty).

Our first a-la-carte experience was at the deluxe seafood restaurant, which was an additional charge to our all-inclusive deal. First problem was choice. There were two options on the menu, neither of which my son would eat. I asked if they could make him a cheese sandwich, or some chips, to be told 'no, sir, this is a fish restaurant'. So he had bread rolls for his dinner. I then asked for the wine list and found out that they only had the same house wine that was part of the all-inclusive - except in this restaurant I had to pay for it. To eat, my wife had lobster thermidor, which was lobster but certainly not thermidor and I had some nice local fish. Not a disaster, but we weren't going to be rushing back. In fact we popped to the buffet afterwards for pudding for my son and noted several of our fellow diners had done the same.

Other annoyances: never finding shade round the pool because of people 'reserving' the sunbeds; any cocktail tasting almost but not quite entirely different from how it should; ear-splitting music round the pool; frustratingly slow wifi that never worked in the room; mysterious insect bites (for wife and son); slow check-in and check-out.

In summary this holiday was not terrible, but we'd certainly not go back to this hotel and maybe not even to Sharm. The constant annoyances made some days seem like a battle and spoiled what would otherwise have been a relaxing week in the sun.

3 Thank 221joec221
SunriseArabianBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort during your stay in Sharm El Sheikh and taking the time to write your comment, which will help us to improve our service and product.
First of all, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience you and your family experienced in our resort.
For your kind information we are in process of hiring professional training and food & beverage managers, who will help to improve the service quality in our resort.
We already have increased the seating capacity in our A La Carte Restaurants, and our executive chef is revising the restaurants’ menu. The children’s corner is already available in the main restaurant, and we are working on implementing special menu for children in our A La Carte restaurants.
Concerning the other your comments, each department head was informed accordingly for immediate action.
Once more thank you very much for your constructive criticism and please be assured that we are working to improve our hotel.
We wish you can come to us one more time and to see changes which happened to the better side.

With Best Regards,
Hotel Management
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

As a family of 3, we stayed at this hotel for the first week of April the school easter holidays. Before our arrival my husband emailed the hotel requesting flowers to be put in our room on arrival as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, Nataliya at guest services and Hany at front office were very efficient, they gave alternatives and sourced a beautiful bouquet at a very reasonable cost, and they also arrange a complimentary celebration cake, during our stay they were very attentive and always checking that we were enjoying our holiday. Our room was excellent very large with 3 double beds, huge shower, lots of storage and kept extremely clean and well stocked by our very friendly and attentive house keeper Mohamed. We were worried about the service we would receive at the restaurants and bars of a very new hotel during a peak holiday week, however, the staff here work extremely hard to provide you with the best possible service, we found them all to be very friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Some reviewers have complained about lack of service or things they were not happy with, but we found the best approach was simply just to ask, they were always happy to help. The main buffet restaurant had a wide variety of great food for every taste, freshly cooked. There are 5 other restuarants which you need to book for evenings, we tried the Italian, Thai, French and Indian, there are no extra charges for these restaurants our favourites were the Thai and Indian. The Italian on the beach is also open for lunch, it did get a little busy but you could wait at the bar for a table. We didn't get a chance to visit the fish restaurant this is the only restaurant where there is an extra charge. All other food and drink is all inclusive, the wine at the restaurants was good and we loved the cocktails, especially the pina colada and sex on the beach! We divided our time by the main pool and the beach, we had to reserve sunbeds by the pool quite early, this wasn't an issue for us as we were up early and our room was right near the main pool, the beach has lots of beds with parasols and we never had a problem getting a sunbed, the beach towel attendants were brilliant they will find you a space and set everything up for you. Snorkelling off the jetty was excellent we would recommend everyone that stays there to do this, take snorkels and swim shoes with you. Overall we had a fantastic week at the Sunrise Arabian, we wanted to get away for some sun and relaxation and this hotel was perfect, we can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank James B

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I stayed here for one week and it was absolutely perfect. In addition to the pristine facilities and beautiful design, what really stood out to me was how attentive the staff were. Everyone, from the restaurants to the reception, is doing their best to make sure guests are well looked after.
I had a lovely spacious room with a beautiful view of the sea. If you don't mind being a bit further from the restaurants and main building, choosing a room closer to the sea means you can avoid the noisy main pool and children.
Aside from the buffet restaurant, I also ate at the Thai, Indian and Italian restaurants. The food wasn't amazing, but good enough and the staff were happy to replace my dish when it wasn't what I expected. I really enjoyed the variety of alcohol-free cocktails, some very tasty combinations!
The wifi was generally frustrating but at times I didn't mind, since the whole point of a holiday is to disconnect. I did find the music played in the common areas to be very repetitive and even annoying after a few days.
All in all, I had a wonderful stay and it was exactly the rest and relaxation that I needed. The staff were excellent and I won't hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the sea (and higher up) to avoid the noise from the kids at the main pool.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank globetrottergrl_44

Parga, Greece
Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed at Sunrise grand select for a week at the end of March,The hotel is brand new-less than a year old.It is very nicely situated,well thought and designed.There are finishing issues on the rooms and premises but nothing that would affect your holiday drastically.The stuff are all very friendly and the management stuff are very visible.
Although the quality of the food is good, my wife who is very picky had some issues with the taste of buffet food especially during the first days of our stay.Towards the end though the food was much improved since the new manager is really focusing on this issue.The a la carte restaurants were nice but you must book them in advanced.
I was travelling with my 20 months old son and he was very happy playing at the heated pool with other children.There is a supervised kids area available at the hotel and daily events for the kids from the animation team.
The beach was quite nice although we couldn't swim much because for the baby the water was a bit cold.Although there are enough free sunbeds,it worths prebooking a private gazebo for 10$.
The only issues i had was withthe interenet being very slow, the room service menu quality which was sub-standard and the long distances i had to walk from the room to the main pool-restaurant areas (but this was usually solved through the use of the club car).Also you get 2 small bottles of water complimentary daily in your room but they are really not enough bearing in mind that tap water in egypt is not drinkable.I had to carry bottles of water to my room on a daily basis or order the chargeable room service.I am sure though that any issues this hotel might have are being adressed because the new management team is really focused.
All in all it was a good family holiday experience,definatelly value for money and i would gladly visit sunrise grand select again.

1 Thank engskyri

Yorkshire
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I visited this beautiful hotel with my mother for two weeks in March and we were joined by my 30 year old daughter for the second week. It was obvious from our arrival that we would enjoy our holiday in such an elegant, modern and stylish building. The setting, terraced down to the breathtaking beach and coral sea is gorgeous. That, coupled with the fantastic food and hard-working, friendly staff ensured that we had an absolutely amazing holiday.
Our room had two really comfortable double beds and was very similar in decor to my daughter’s room but her’s had just a king size bed. Both rooms were large, bright and very well appointed with modern, neutral furnishings to appeal to all tastes. The bathroom was very attractive and , although it did not have a bath, it had the biggest and most powerful shower I have ever had in a hotel. We literally need not have taken any toiletries as the hotel provided toothbrushes, tooth paste, razors and gel, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser etc and these were replaced as soon as we asked the cleaner for more. Our cleaner kept everything spotlessly clean and we only had to ask for anything we needed, nothing was too much trouble There was a large flat screen TV in the bedroom with a great selection of programmes for the English speaking guests compared to other hotels we have visited. The mini-bar was stocked with soft drinks which were refilled regularly plus there was fresh bottled water every day. Although there was a kettle and coffee and tea, you needed to borrow a couple of mugs and also get milk from one of the bars to keep in the fridge for when you wanted to make your own hot drinks. To be honest, hot drinks were available in so many places in the hotel at all times of day that we barely used the kettle anyway.
We were really pleased with the position of our room 2128 in the Dahlia block which led out onto a terrace and garden right next to one of the quieter pools. We preferred this position by far to the bigger, more popular main pool. Other people preferred the main pool as it has a swim up bar and is livelier with music and games led by the animation team (who were super friendly and great fun!) The sunbeds were attractive and sturdy with nice pads to make them more comfortable. We never had any trouble finding one at any time of day and the pool attendants were always on hand to help anyway.
We enjoyed eating at all the restaurants, but our favourite a la cartes were the Thai and the Indian. Most lunchtimes we ate down at the Italian beach bar restaurant. The salads, pastas and pizzas were just a perfect light bite for that time of day. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the alcoholic drinks throughout the hotel, particularly the wines and spirits which were very palatable but our favourite tipples by far were the delicious cocktails. They come highly recommended by us and believe me, we tried them all! We usually had them served by Bassem, who had a lovely, attentive, professional manner and always served with a smile.
There were a couple of minor issues which mainly seemed due to teething problems for this new hotel. They really didn’t cause us much concern but for fairness and balance I feel I need to point them out. Firstly, although the staff are efficient, hard-working and cheerful (like the brilliant Sammeh who never seems to stop) they sometimes seem to be rushing around to cope with too many guests. We spoke to the catering manager, Yasser who was so positive and genuinely interested in our opinions. He assured us that they were working hard recruiting and training more staff to deal with this issue, so maybe this problem has already been solved. We had a couple of small issues, such as using the computerised restaurant booking system, and went for assistance to the young English girl employed for customer relations. She seemed very polite but not really prepared to put herself out much. This attitude was a bit disappointing, especially in contrast to the efforts the Egyptian staff always seemed to put in to ensure guests were happy.
Overall this has to rate as one of our best holidays ever and we will definitely, definitely be returning ASAP. So, to all the management and staff of this brilliant resort – a massive “Thank you” from Lynne, Val and Lisa for going the extra mile to make everything just perfect for us.

4 Thank lynneteacher

Brighton
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We travelled with our 3 children and had a family room on The ground floor in the Marigold Block, it was just perfect. The pool was just a few meters outside the room. The rooms vere clean and spacious enough for the five of us.

The beach was lovely, we rented a cabana most of the days and they were brilliant. The snorkelling is just fantastic.

The restaurants are all good, we tried all of them apart from the fish restaurant. The service was good and the staff very friendly.

The kids loved the watersides, but they are aimed at the slightly older children as they are very fast. There is a life guard on duty.

We met some lovely families, there is a mixture of nationalities at the hotel.

The evening entertainment needs to be improved, but the animation team were really good.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would love to return.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank BrightonHarpers
SunriseArabianBeach, Public Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Dear Valuable Guest!
Thank you very much for staying at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort and sharing your positive feedback!
We are glad that you and your family had enjoyable stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Sunrise Arabian Beach Resort!
We will be happy to arrange for you and your children nice room in your favorite Marigold block!

With Best Regards,