“very very good hotel :)” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort
Ranked #71 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Haifa, Israel
“very very good hotel :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

First, the hotel made ​​my trip a lot better than I expected .. Probably a great place to come back in the future :) Although I visited several luxury hotels in Antalya etc ... I was amazed that the hotel is more better and in all aspects.

The rooms: large , new , clean and well decorated ..

The food: as a client of the all-inclusive , it was worth it even that the price difference was very higher. I really enjoyed the food. it was varied and testy every day an every meals.I never ate out Although I spent a lot of time out each day.

The waiters were very nice especially Mohamed and Adel and all of them at the main restaurant and I enjoyed talking with them every time went there even that I visited there three times a day for eight days .

The sea was beautiful , the water was clear with lots of coral and variety of fish . I loved to swim there every day.

The pools were really clean, and added many to the views of the hotel. Although I never swam in them.

I'm sure i don't remember all aspects.. but I'm sure that the hotel is very good and Special in all of them :)

One thing that bothered me there is the chef at main pool . Although the restaurant was located 10 meters from my room, I went there just at the 5 day in my stay. the waiter really was sad and didn't gave attitude. And when I asked him he replied that i can't take any food to the room even that my wife was tired that day while I saw many people do!! He was rude And told me to sit (cause i shouldn't talk directly to him) until the waiter will come to me so I asked the other waiter to prepare a meal for me . When I come back to take the food i saw a girl talking with him and saw him happy to talk to her, of course for known reasons , so i decided to reprimand him even that was in front of all the guests. After that I never went there it annoys me that my room was next to him and he was always there . I think he need to get more practice specially because he located in place that i see him all the time even that i went there for just one time.

Room Tip: all the rooms of the hotel is very good.. and every room with special thing..
1 Thank Khaleel S
SunriseArabianBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments here on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay here with us and that it exceeded your expectations and past visits to Antalya.
We are very sorry to learn that you experienced a problem at our snack bar on one occasion had we been aware we would of loved to assist you with this issue. Our staff are fully trained here in the SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach on how to treat our guests and how to deal with different situations. I would like to add that it is normal that should you make an order at the snack bar it is normally asked that our guests eat this at the snack bar. However had we been aware of the situation and your wife being tired we would have been able to make arrangements to send some food to the room. I would like to reassure you that your feedback has been taken on-board and our Food & Beverage team will be speaking with the staff member involved.
We hope that despite this situation your time with us was a happy and memorable time and that we can in the very near future have the chance to welcome your good self back to out Resort in order to host you once again.
The Management Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Arrived back on Tuesday from this amazing hotel. What makes it amazing? - The beautiful architecture, the wonderful staff and first class customer service, simple!
We arrived in the evening and after a short, funny coach transfer with the rep Ahmed, we were greeted at the coach, by Hamada, what a gentleman. He welcomed us into reception where we were given a cocktail and cold towel, very refreshing. We met Mr Hany the manager, and for the few days we saw him, he made sure everything was fine with our stay. Hamada ensured a speedy check-in and then gave our small group a little tour of the hotel on our way to our rooms. A very nice touch as a lot of hotels leave you to find your own way. Hamada made sure we were happy throughout our stay and if there was anything we needed, he dealt with it straight away.
The hotel was beautiful at night but when we woke up on the first morning (and each morning thereafter), the views took our breath away. The pools are amazing and the gardeners work very hard to look after the lovely gardens.
ROOM
Wow!! We were above the swim up rooms near the relaxation pool. Although further from the restaurants and reception, we found it ideal for access to the private beach. The room was spacious, elegant, had 2 huge beds which were the comfiest I have ever slept in! Adequate storage, great walk-in shower and it had great views of the pools and sea. The only thing missing was a light at the dressing table, but not an issue. Our room had the best Air-con we have had abroad, and this was a godsend as it is so hot. Mansour was our room attendant for most of our stay and he made sure our beds were arranged differently everyday and left us fruit, cakes, flowers etc on many occasions. Thank you for our amazing towel swan!
FOOD
Main buffet - small but beautiful. There wasn't a huge choice on offer but we found this beneficial as we tried different things to the norm, all of which were delicious (especially the beef and chicken dishes). Not the standard I expected for 5* but nevertheless, delicious. Thank you to the chefs and head chef who always smiled and asked how everything was. Breakfast was good and this is the fastest toaster we have used abroad! Good cake selection (unfortunately for my hips!). Special thanks go to Farag, manager Mustafa and your team who always made us laugh, smile and ensured we had everything we needed. These guys work so hard for very little and yet they never failed to provide the best service we have had and made our stay one to remember always.
A La Carte restaurants - each individual and each elegant. Choice was limited however, the food was delicious and it was great to have a variety of restaurants to choose from. My favourite was the Indian, French and Waterfall restaurants.
Bar - at the Churchill bar, we spent many nights being looked after and entertained by Islam and two other bar attendants. I haven't laughed so much in years so again, I thank you for this! Islam remembers your favourite drinks and strives to make sure his customers are happy. Thanks from Carrie and "the old lady" xx
BEACH AND ANIMATION TEAM
We spent most of our days at the beach, it was so relaxing and the breeze kept us cooler. Thank you to the recreation team, especially Taha who ensured we were looked after, even on his last day when he had finished!
Special mention also for Paola, she asked us daily if we wanted to join in any activities and spent time talking to us, making us feel very welcome.
We only watched a few shows, which were generally poor however, the entertainment team work very hard to encourage guests to get involved and have a laugh. We did enjoy the Mr.Sunrise show - the mr's did so well and again, we laughed so much!
We hired a cabana on the beach for 2 days and loved it!
Many water sports and excursions on offer but on this occasion, we just wanted to chill out.
ADVICE
Try to avoid the chemist and perfume man just outside reception. They are very expensive, and pushy. Instead, pop along to the row of shops opposite the hotel entrance, where you can find some souvenirs and super-markets for essentials, which are cheaper. Pop in to see the shop owners, they are funny, friendly and not too pushy. Sharm is so quiet at the moment and they need your support! Go and see Adam at shop no.30. He has a selection of perfumes and lotions for gifts or to use whilst on holiday. We purchased tan oil, lotus flower oil and wrinkle cream for the old lady - thank you! x
SPA
Would like to say that the spa is under separate management from the hotel and is quite basic. We had an issue with the spa which was resolved in the end, but I would not return to the spa.

Guests - would just like to say that we met some amazing people whilst on holiday, I think that due to the low occupancy, we were able to get to know people, including Noreen and her daughter Cyrilla, Mr and Mrs Sunrise, Amy and "hubby", Andrew and partner (thanks for making me snorkel in the sea on my last day) and last but not least, the two lovely sisters and husband. All of you made our holiday perfect so thank you too. It was lovely to meet you all xx
Sorry for the long review, I could go on but in summary, we will be back and we miss everything.
Thanks again for an unforgettable holiday, Maureen (aka the old lady) and Carrie xx

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank carrieandco
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind comments here on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that our staff made it even more memorable for you. It is our aim to be one of the best hotels here in Sharm El Sheikh and we are very happy that your holiday was enjoyable and that you plan to return for a second visit.
We were sorry to hear that your experience with the Spa Center was not as you expected but that you advised us during your stay in order for us to rectify this problem. We appreciate any feedback from our guests in order to improve any areas that require improvement.
From all of the staff here at SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort we look forward to welcoming you back to our little paradise once again in order to host your good self once again.
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

It was our second visit to Arabian beach, I m very happy of the standard of the quality and service of the hotel all in all wonderful
1) the room very clean, large and comfertable.
2) the food was excellent the breakfast , lunch , dinner very high standard aswellas the snaks amazing, you will difentilly find what you need and more.
3) the service it was 100 percent so polite and decent waiters
4) the animation team okey itwasn't so wow but they are doing their best to make u happy
Thank u Arabian beach crew , I am really impressed unless it my second time , and my next trip to sharm without deciding will go there, the best in sharm.

1 Thank nadine25112011
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We are delighted to hear that this was your second visit to us and that you enjoyed your second stay with us as much as the first time.
We very much hope that you will return to us again in the very near future in order that we can host your good self once again. Thank you for your kind comments.
Norwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Just arrived back after a wonderful stay. First stay in Sharm and certainly not disappointed. Hotel arrival very nice met with cold towels and refreshing drink by attentive staff. Hotel beautiful with many attractive features both inside and out. Room spacious and very clean. Lovely fruit bowl with snacks on arrival. Plenty of towels and products for use including those sometimes forgotten items such as toothpaste and toothbrush. TV in room with great channels if you get time to watch them. Buffet on first night a little disappointing as not much choice and food left out appeared dried up especially the salad. All meals then taken in al a carte restaurants every night. Thai meal our favourite excellent!!. Fish restaurant closed so paid extra for fish dinner in cabana on beach very romantic and ambiance brilliant watching the moon and stars. Meal very good and plenty of it.
Service at this hotel first class. Staff could not do enough for you in all departments. Special mention to Mr Randi food and bev manager for exceptional service for member of family travelling with us recovering from major illness who provided dairy free products and soya to be available in all dining facilities and beach bar and Indian meal to be cooked specially dairy free. Also for Mustafa breakfast manager for providing tray of food to room when feeling off colour (too much sun and sea)and keeping us guessing with his toothpick quizzes. Special mention to beach rest staff where we spent all day who work very hard Ahmed Ahmed and Rami.
Hotel arranged birthday cabana for my partner decorated with lovely flowers and decorated table for dinner in waterfall rest with lovely cake which was a great start to the holiday. Hotel only 15 per cent full however this did not detract from holiday. All levels of pools and sun beds beautifully kept gardens. Great snorkelling from either jetty. Beach towels refreshed daily. Lots of steps in the heat from beach to reception however can arrange for golf buggy to transport you. Only negative was the Spa not brilliant experience and only found out afterwards that it is not run by the Hotel but managed separately not a five star experience but judge for yourselves!!!!
All in all a brilliant experience and we will certainly be back

Room Tip: If you want to locate yourself at the beach during the day ask for a lower level room. Some of the s...
2 Thank Shada50
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind comments here on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to hear that the majority of your holiday with us was an enjoyable and memorable experience and that our Food and Beverage Team catered especially for your needs.
With regards to the comment about the Main Buffet restaurant we would like to thank you for your feedback and would like to assure you that we have taken this feedback and are working on improving the main buffet restaurant. We have just recently started to serve on some nights a barbeque option for our guests to enjoy should they not be booked in to one of our many a la carte restaurants.
We did also see the feedback regarding the spa center, during your stay you did mention your experience with the spa center to our management team and this was handled and your comments were given to the spa manager during your stay. Although the Spa is not directly managed by the hotel it is our duty to give any feedback or resolve any problems with them as the Spa is still in the hotel grounds. We would like to thank you for your feedback and comments once again.
We hope that in the very near future we can welcome you back once again with an improved service and for you to enjoy the Resort facilities once again.
Nuneaton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel, and out of all the hotels we have stayed at in Sharm, this is by far the most luxurious, well appointed, clean, and beautifully designed.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and dedicated management team. I have a slight difficulty with stairs, but the room we were allocated, and the shuttle golf carts opened up all the hotel amenities without any problems.

We had one minor issue with our travel arrangements, which had nothing to do with the hotel. Sam, who works in Guest Relations immediately came up with a solution. Thanks for the wonderful support.

The animation team, especially Paula, were helpful, fun to be with, and respected our privacy when we didn’t want to take part in the activities.

Sharm is safer than lots of UK inner cities, so don’t be afraid to travel to this wonderful hotel. We plan to return in 2014, and look forward to seeing you at this resort.

If you want any further information, feel free to contact me, via trip advisor

Romey & Geoff

2 Thank RomeyandGeoff
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for the second time. All the staff were very happy to welcome you and your husband back for a second time.
We are very happy that the second visit was just as good as the first and that our staff assisted you when you had issues with your travel arrangements.
We are very grateful for the kind words and the reassurance you have given for any future guests that Sharm is very safe.
We are delighted to also hear that since your stay you have contacted us to advise that you will be returning to us again for your third visit. From all the staff at SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort we look forward to your return and welcoming you home once again.
Hythe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Just returned back from a fantastic holiday at this luxurious hotel. You can't fail to be impressed the minute you arrive and it certainly has the WOW factor. We couldn't find fault with the hotel at all and it is immaculately clean, well designed and attractively laid out. The bedrooms are spacious and extremely comfortable and we were very happy with our room which had a great view over the relaxation pool towards the sea, nice. There is no problem at all in booking in at the Al a Carte restaurants and the food was of an excellent standard although we also found a good food choice at the main buffet too.

All the staff go out of their way to make sure you have a good time, they can't do enough for you and work extremely hard, all with a smile. We had a great holiday and it wouldn't have been the same without the special customer service you get here which is completely genuine. We won't be staying anywhere else when we return to Sharm! Thanks again. The Johnson family

2 Thank loveourholidays2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you very much for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent holiday. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments here on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you plan to return to our Resort in the future.
From all the staff here at the SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort we very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back for a second visit.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel is encouraging all guests to submit reviews which is why there are so many 1st time reviewers. It did make me a bit suspicious until I spoke to another guest who told me what was happening.

Our flight time was changed because of the recent unrest so we arrived at 9am. Reception couldn't have been more helpful and,unasked for, gave us a temporary room so we could shower, change and have a nap if we needed to.

The best asset this hotel has is it's staff. They are hard working, friendly and polite. After our first breakfast Faruq made sure we had a large teapot on the table each morning. Mahmoud from the beach restaurant was excellent, as were the beach attendants and all of the younger members of staff. Paola is an asset. The place was spotless and there were always members of staff cleaning something. It would be interesting to know if they can keep these standards up when the occupancy rate is higher.

15% occupancy while we were there but still impossible to get on the internet in the afternoon.

The building work is still going on on the lower level and is sometimes noisy when you want to sit on your balcony in the early evening for a drink. We stayed in Mangolia so it probably isn't a problem if you're on the higher level.

The food is not 5 star but it's fine. I guess because of the low guest numbers at the moment there are only 2 restaurants or the buffet restaurant to choose from. You need to book thorough the internet in reception so you need to get in quick. Through lack of choice we ate at the French restaurant twice, the same limited choice each time. That said my husband enjoyed his beef and the sea bass was nice, the creme brûlée was awful though, more like scrambled eggs and we couldn't eat it. The Thai was nice but vegetarians will struggle as there was only one main of vegetables in oyster sauce, though it was well done. Our favourite was the Indian, nice choice well cooked, we also ate here twice and my clear favourite. We both liked the breakfast and deliberately tried new things each day. Some of the offerings seem strange to British tastes but I guess some people out there fancy French fries or rice pudding for breakfast.

The location itself is lovely. Top of our requirements was the ability to snorkel each day and the fixed jetty makes it really easy. We suggested to the hotel that they increase the area you can swim under the eyes of the life guard. We watched an eagle swooping into the sea for fish and tiny hermit crabs wandering up the beach. There is a really interesting selection of shore life and the fish come in really close to the shore.

We travel a lot and have never returned to the same hotel twice but this time we might just do so.

Room Tip: If you book, for example a sea view room, and you're not happy with where they put you, say so a...
1 Thank LizzieWills
SunriseArabianBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Sunrise Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort for your recent vacation. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your kind comments on TripAdvisor.
The management and staff at SUNRISE Grand Select Arabian Beach Resort take all the guests reviews very seriously and would like to advise that action will be taken in the areas that you pointed out in your review. As with most hotels we wish to know where we are performing to a high standard and the areas we can improve, therefore as stated in your review we kindly ask our guests to write any reviews when they return back home. Not only that our Guest Service Center staff are always asking our guests during their stay for any comments or suggestions they may have.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us here and that you plan to return to visit us in the near future.
With regards to the Internet connection, our IT team are working constantly on improving the connection wherever they can and are always happy to visit our guests should they experience any problems during their stay.
We are currently working on completing the lower level rooms near to the beach and also the villa however we try where possible to keep the noise levels low so as not to disturb our guests during their stay, our security staff are also present in the areas in order to try to help maintain this.
We are sorry to hear that your experience in the French restaurant was not as expected, our staff are committed to try to give our guests the best possible service and food quality as possible. Had you have bought the Creme Brulee taste to the waiters attention they would have kindly exchanged this for a fresh one. This has been passed to our Food and Beverage Director to improve the taste of our creme brulee.
Despite the areas which were not as expected we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will return in the very near future so that we can host your good selves once again and make your stay an improved and more enjoyable stay.