“Amazing People. Amazing Resort. Amazing Holiday. Really want to go back!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Royal Holiday Resort

Le Royal Holiday Resort
Ranked #34 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing People. Amazing Resort. Amazing Holiday. Really want to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just got back from a week (20/4 - 27/4) at Le Royal with my family and this holiday was truely amazing, the whole family thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

People:

First things first I have to praise the entertainment team, they were fantastic.
Julia, Adriano, Kijo and Duff all were brilliant! Incredibly professional and worked to a very high standard and put the hours in!. Everyday they would all have smiles on their faces and were commited to doing their jobs. At no point did they falter, it was a pleasure meeting 4 incredibly fun people.
Everyday Julia and Adriano would always host the volleyball and that was fantastic, definitely worth trying!
Adriano, Duff and Kijo hosted the football and that was extremely entertaining. Great for all to try!
The entertainment team never stopped, even during the evenings they maintained their high standards. They would host several themed nights from kids disco's to fire dancing! It really was a pleasure to watch and be part of such a great atmosphere.

Resort:

The resort itself was beautiful and of a very high standard. Rooms were of a very high quality, staff were polite and were willing to help. Slides and pools were great and in the food areas you had a good variety of food on offer. I also must mention Ahmed who was a waiter in the main food hall, great guy and incredibly friendly. A true professional.

On the whole, an amazing holiday. I will definitely be coming back again in the near future!

Finally, again I must thank Julia, Adriano, Kijo and Duff. All 4 were an asset to Le Royal. 4 fantastic people that certainly put a smile on my face every day during my wonderful week in Sharm El Sheikh at Le Royal Holiday Resort.

Lewis Walmsley, Manchester.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Lewis,

Such a delightful review, highlighting our fabulous Animation team. They do work hard but they love their work and it shows, I know. I am exceptionally proud of the team I lead and will pass your kind words on to all of them.

Your comments about the resort itself are very welcome as the Gardening team, the Engineering staff, the Housekeeping staff and the Recreation team all play a part in keeping the public areas clean and tidy and generally maintaining the high standards that our valued guests expect and deserve.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here a week in March and can not fault the hotel. The rooms were fabulous and staff were friendly and could not do enough for us. Great staff at the pool bar, Milad, Waffa and bar manager Ibrahim. Only fault I can say about one of the staff is Mohammad. He is very polite when at work and can't do enough for people, but just watch if your single ladies, as he tries to woo girls , when he is actually a married man and then tries to give a sob story that he has no where to stay or he needs fare to get home back to Cairo. I'm sure many have fallen for his charm and given him money. (Just a warning to everyone!!)
Every where in the hotel was immaculate, food was great and so was the drinks, they may have been just local spirits, but they still went down well.
This hotel is also great for young kids with their play area and water slides. I can't tell you what the entertainment was like on a night though, as we opted to go into town which was only 5 minutes down the road.
All in all, I could recommend to anyone and I am returning again next March, but for 2 weeks this time as 1 week was just not enough :)

Room Tip: The superior were fantastic and spacious
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa P
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for the wonderful review but I was concerned about your comments regarding a member of staff here. We have conducted an internal investigation, identified the man responsible and after some interviews we have terminated his contract with immediate effect so he will no longer be a nuisance to anyone at Le Royal Holiday Resort. Please accept my apologies and may I respectfully urge you and any other reader to report any such events in any hotel worldwide as I am sure management will want to know and will respond immediately.

We do look forward to seeing you next March when perhaps you would allow me to introduce myself to you. I would welcome an email from you before you arrive with your booking details so that I can identify you.

Many thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Me and my boyfriend have recently got back from le royal after an 11 night stay and I honestly couldn't fault it!
The staff are all so friendly and welcoming i felt very comfortable and thought they were great people.
Mohammed and wafa at the pool bar were brilliant, they always said hello and had little jokes and banter with us. There was one evening when I saw a few family's being extremely rude to wafa which upset me, people need to realise they were working so hard 11 to 12 hours a day in 39 degree heat fully clothed, so when the bar is busy you have to have a little patience with them as they were working as hard as they could, manners cost nothing!
Also Ahmed in the main food restaurant by reception was so lovely to us, everyday we had our chairs pulled out for us and our drinks were never empty constantly being topped up and he always remembered our orders, he made us feel like royalty it was lovely!

The first couple of days I was impressed with the food I thought there was enough choice and things that everyone can eat, but it does get a little boring after a while as it is mostly the same things everyday but it suits everyone so it does.
The rooms were lovely a perfect size and the best most comfortable bed iv ever slept in I wish I could of bought it home with me! The only suggestion for the rooms I have is it would be nice to have some draws in there.

The only thing I could complain about was Mosquitos but that isn't the hotels fault, they fumigated the hotel grounds every night and done all they could but there tricky! Anyone who plans to go the Egypt the first thing I would advise for you to do is go to the local supermarket and but 2 sprays called off (to spray yourself) and parysol (to spray your room) as any repellant bought in England just isn't strong enough. On the first 2 nights I got bitten to bits, but from then every evening before dinner I covered myself in the off spray and prayed all my room and bed covers with parysol spray and that stopped the problem.

Also you have to get up early to catch a sunbed but I suppose that goes for most hotels everybody wants to be round the pool dont they!

I would defiantly return and had a great holiday thank you too all the staff for being like a family and treating us so kindly xx

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Meg,

Thank you for the delightful review and for choosing our hotel. I’m glad you had an “amazing’ holiday here and wish you were back with us already.

Our food is varied every night with a wide range of dishes to cater for the nationalities that we host at the hotel, but if you do have any special dietary requirements we are more than happy to introduce you to the chef who will listen to your needs and respond accordingly.

Mosquitoes are seasonal and can be a nuisance all over Sharm at times but your advice is sound and we thank you for that.

I will pass your kind words on to the boys you mentioned and I join them in looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Castleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Sorry I'm only just reviewing this hotel from October but I am doing a few at a time! When we stayed in October half term, the hotel wasn't at full capacity and we got a free room upgrade - a nice gesture. This was a brilliant hotel for relaxing whilst having water slides and a wave pool to keep you entertained. There were no queues for slides and mats whilst we were there but I imagine in summer there might be. We thought the resort was luxurious and very clean. The room and bathroom are the best we have ever had and the bed was really comfy! There were activities such as aqua gym but you don't feel pushed into doing these. The sunbeds are also one of the best we have ever had and the pools were lovely and peaceful - just a little cold but fine once in. A swim up bar may have been a nice touch, but that's not a criticism. This hotel isn't near the beach, but this didn't bother me as I don't really like sand! We did walk into Naama Bay but you do get hassled here (especially if you have blonde hair). We also went on the hotel run mini bus one evening to Soho Square. You aren't hassled here which was nice and a change to get out of the hotel. Food was fine and plentiful and none of our party experienced any tummy upsets. A little more choice in the dining room on an evening may have been good but everyone should find a substantial meal to eat here. Food on a lunch time in the outside restaurant was great. All in all a lovely hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie B
Dear Katie,

Thank you for this detailed review from your October holiday and it’s not late at all, it’s very welcome.

I’m glad you enjoyed all the facilities we have here and made full use of the resort. We do have a lot to offer children, families, couples of any age as well as solo travelers and thanks for listing some of the things to do. We are also ideally placed for excursions, whether you want to go into Naama Bay or to Soho Square in the evening, it’s just a few minutes away.

You obviously had a “very relaxing time” at our “luxury hotel” and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I just came back from a 4 days stay, this was my 4th visit to Sharm El-Sheikh and every time I stay in a different property, I have to say that this Hotel was the best of all especially for a family, the Pools the layout and especially the water games/slides.
The food is just ok, nothing wow but comparing to other properties is ok.
The Hotel is very big and the landscaping is very well taken care of, but having this said if you have children you have to make sure your room is located in the middle of the resort neither in the beginning nor in the end. I had this issue upon check in and I went back to the Front Desk to ask for a room move, but the Hotel was fully booked that night and there wasn’t much they could do, I spoke to the Resident Manager Mr. Ayman who went out of his way to make sure he accommodates my request, I was really impressed with the high level of service he provided and the way he responded to my issue.

The Food and Beverage staff needs a LOT of training especially on customer service.
Rooms are clean and the amenities are fine.
Front Desk team are very warm and hospitable, also the security at the main door I can’t remember not seeing him smiling.

I would go there again for sure especially after the great service I received from Mr. Ayman and his team.

Laith

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Laith,

It was a pleasure meeting you and let me assure you that we try to give all our guests the best service possible and if you were less than completely satisfied with one or two of our restaurant staff, I will pass your comments on to the F&B manager for his immediate attention.

We do very much appreciate your kind words and please accept our warm thanks for posting this review of your stay with us. We look forward to serving you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have just returned from spending our honeymoon in Eygpt.
A fantastic hotel in a great location. The staff were outstanding especially Sayed (zebra slide), Romany (pool bar) and Mohammed (cleaner of Block 28).
My kids thoroughly enjoyed their holiday being occupied daily with great pools, amazing slides, activities and kids club. I want to thank personally Adriano and Duff from the animation team for superb activities and brilliant mini disco (great team work). Unfortunately I found Jolia from the animation team very inappropriate and unprofessional and will be personally making a complaint to the hotel with further information.
Again a big thanks to Emma, Kat, Wendy and Emily for an A* service. Kids enjoyed the themed parties.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Vanessa L
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about some of our staff and we thank you also for choosing Le Royal Holiday Resort for your honeymoon. However, I am concerned that you were less than happy with one of the staff. I do wish you had brought up any issues at the time when we could have resolved them, but if you would please email us and mark it for my attention and I will give it priority.

I will certainly pass your kind words on to the team.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The resort is beautiful and the pools are excellent, the room was lovely and the bed was so comfortable. We have been to Egypt twice before and never had a problem with tummy troubles, my 6 year old had terrible upset tum and myself and husband had it for a few days, I spoke to the rep and he said there had been a lot of cases reported and that it would be looked into. Even before we fell ill the food had gotten boring, very bland and if you are like me and are tempted by colour and presentation then beige brown and boring doesn't really cut it, under cooked burgers served at lunch isn't my idea of 5 star. There's no real snack bar and no ice cream for the children except at meal times. Coffee and cakes in the afternoon was the poorest set of cakes I have ever seen at a hotel. Most staff seemed very pleasant esp the waiters round the pool. Some needed to go on a customer care course as we found the Staff at one of the bars rude and abrupt. On our last day we sat waiting for the coach and while we waited had the unpleasant viewing of the hotel trying to charge a guest for minor damage in her room, it was not handled very well. No one helped guests to the coach with their Luggage when we where leaving. All in all it was a great looking resort but I've been to better four star hotels with regards to food and entertainment. Needs a lot of work and I'm glad I didn't go in July as they were struggling to cope with the guest they had. Sunbeds already are looking battered and most are missing the cushion, not enough seating in restaurants and bars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sam F
Dear Sam,

Thank you for the nice comments about our resort, the pools, the room and the beds. However we are a little surprised at the picture you paint of boring, bland, beige food, poor cakes, rude, abrupt waiters and aggressive Front office staff, lazy bellboys, dilapidated sunbeds and more.

This is not the picture painted by the rest of our guests.