“Beautiful would recommend to anyone!”

Le Royal Holiday Resort
Ranked #38 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just got back from 7 nights with my boyfriend. There is nothing I consider to be a big problem with this hotel, it was immaculate, the staff were amazing, lots to do! A few little things that we noticed was that there are only two restaurants to eat in that are included in the all inclusive deal, they are buffet restaurants and a bit 'samey' with the same food all the time really with a few changes. There were two other restaurants but you had to pay to use them! Also whenever we called the operator on the phone for the iron, water, room service it took them on average 60mins to arrive. But overall I loved the hotel and would definitely go back!

Room Tip: We paid extra for the deluxe room (approx. £50 each) it wasn't worth it, the room is slightly bi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Georgia,

Thank you so much for the lovely title to your review and for choosing Le Royal Holiday Resort for your holiday. I’m glad you were impressed with the staff and found lots to keep you occupied and entertained during the days and the evenings.

We do have themed nights in the buffet restaurants where each night you will find dishes from different types of cuisine including Asian, Italian and Indian so there is plenty of variety.

Your comment about having to wait a long time for room service is a concern as we have a target of no more than 20 minutes for each request to be satisfied. I will ask the Front Office Manager to check the records to see how long these deliveries took and ensure that the system is working properly. I apologise for the inconvenience.

It is reassuring to read that you will be returning and I look forward to providing you with a better, improved service next time.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I would go back to this hotel in a hurry! I would take all the bad reviews with a pinch of salt!! People seem to moan about the smallest of things! This hotel was top notch! The staff can't do enough for you, very polite and hard working! Food was very good! Egypt was very good itself! Don't get on a camel!! They will try and charge you a lot of money and won't let you off untill you pay! A special mention to the lifeguards at the pool Mohamed King and samy the supervisor they were very nice and friendly and made the stay fun and Tarek the resteraunt manager who was also very helpful!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Lewisc04chy
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Lewis,

Thank you for this very, very good review of your stay with us and I really appreciate the sentiment behind your comments. We have made lots of improvements to the guest experience and I am delighted to read these reviews showing independently that we offer excellent service in an excellent location and excellent value for money.

We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just got back from a 2 - week holiday at Le Royal Holiday Resort. We've enjoyed it but there are some areas that needs improvement especially for a 5 star all inclusive resort:

THE HOTEL: You cannot fault the ground area, it's very immaculate and spotless .The workers did an amazing job cleaning and trimming the ground most of the time.

DRINKING WATER: It's one of our biggest issue whilst our stay in this hotel. For an all inclusive hotel, they are very hesitant to give us a bottled water, it's either you will have to refill the bottled water given to you in your room or you will get it via wine glass (which i find strange). We always asked for a bottled water for my baby's milk and they sometimes say that they don't have any. However, they give limitless alcoholic drink to an alcoholic. There was even a time that they gave us an open bottled water!!! Since then, we decided to buy our bottled water from a supermarket, no hassle. It shouldn't be happening in an all inclusive hotel.

ROOMS: Eventhough we have a small room for 3 occupants , we like it. The bed is one of the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in any hotel. The view from our room (3405) is ugly, however, we are always out of our room so it doesn't matter to us. Our cleaner made alot of animals out of towels and our daughter loves it alot. The content of the fridge in the room is not included in the all inclusive. They provided 2 small bottled water which I think is not enough. The bathroom is clean, it's only a shower though. They provided us with only 2 rolls of tissue paper which we struggled especially when the whole family had a diarrhoea for 3 days. We love the aircondition, we leave it 24/7.

THE RESTAURANT AND BARS: There's 2 restaurants for all inclusive meals. We always go to the main one near the reception area because it's more cleaner and airconditioned. There's also more choices of foods in the main restaurant and the cutlerys and glasses are clean. The outdoor one near the pool area are very hot and the drinking glasses are a bit dirty... which i find it yuck...this one needs to be address by the management especially if it's a 5 star hotel. Some of the waiters are very good and happy to serve you with a smile, others can't be bothered which sometimes can drag your experience down. The bars are a hit and miss... the biggest issue are the dirty glasses, especially when we had a diarrhoea after few days of stay. I really don't know if they clean it well...

FOOD:Go to the main restaurant...There's loads of choices from vegetarian meals to meat lovers. Kudos to the pastry chef, all the dessert that served during our stay was lovely.

POOLS: Lovely pools and slide to choose. It's clean and well maintained.

BEACH: It's a bit of a long walk from the hotel to the beach especially if you're a beach lover.You have to cross the road to Sonesta Beach Resort and it's about a mile walk. There's no food serve on the beach area for all inclusive, only drinks so be aware of that.

GYM: My husband loves the gym alot.

Room Tip: If you want to buy some extra shopping e.g. chocolates, crisp,water etc. buy in 24/7 shop near McDon...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank floyd101

Dear Floyd,

Thank you for the “nice” comment about the hotel. We have beautiful, stunning grounds here and they are all very well maintained by the gardening team, even in the hottest of weathers.

I’m surprised about the water. You should be able to get bottles of water from all of the bars and restaurants. I’ll follow that up and ensure that this is being done. Similarly, I’ve passed your comments about the glasses to the F&B manager for his attention as we cannot have dirty glasses in circulation. However, I must point out that these are acrylic glasses and after being machine washed a couple of times they do lose their clarity or transparency even though they are perfectly clean.

But it seems that generally you enjoyed your holiday (with these one or two exceptions) and were able to relax. I do hope you will monitor the Tripadvisor site to see how our reviews improve over the next few weeks and months and then, perhaps, you may consider returning. We hope so.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Love Egypt it has become my favourite country to visit.
Sun, sun & more sun.
Reception and booking in was very quick and easy, no problems at all,
Room was great, nice, big clean & comfortable, especially as I was travelling alone.
Pool area was fine, plenty of beds to sunbathe on, aqua park was cool even went on a water slide, that was a 1st for me.
Weather was very very hot, can't complain about that as that's down to mother nature so to speak.
Thankfully the mosquito situation wasn't to bad but then I was well covered with spray twice a day which appeared to work.
Music by the big pools without the slides, oh my days, love sad songs all day I actually wanted to cry.
Animation team,didn't see jimmy during the day but did have a chat with him 1 evening, appears a nice guy but understand he's the boss, duff, Kijo & the gorgeous young lady ice all very good, the other 2 girls Julia and Amy not great, wrong attitudes to be doing the jobs they do.
Went out with Kijo and he made us feel very welcome, safe & genuinely we had a great time with him.
Food was an issue for me as I found a lot cold & of poor quality are french fries all week & nothing else.
Staff in general all seem stressed which reflected in the way they interacted with guests.

Was disappointed in many ways by my weeks visit :(

Linda

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lynchlinda
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Linda,

I am sorry that the week did not live up to your expectations and it’s difficult to understand how you arrived at the feeling that the staff are stressed. They are required to do a good day’s work but they are also encouraged to interact with the guests (where appropriate) and try to enjoy their day. We are all under pressure to produce good work and we all have targets to meet. Please remember that while you are relaxing, we are working and therefore may not necessarily have the same ‘joie de vivre’ as you.

However, I do hope you will return and see us again when hopefully we will be able to impress you with our infectious smiles.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just returned from what was supposed to be a beautiful break away from home.
Positives,
Check in was easy, smooth & quick, room was spacious, clean & in good condition, bed was plenty big and there was plenty of storage space.
Room bed was made everyday, no towel art but wasn't bothered either way.
Grounds of hotel appeared decent & well maintained.
Aqua park well manned and was great fun.
Pools plenty of them and whilst a tad cold, once in they wasn't so bad.
Sunbeds plenty of them & didn't have any problems getting them.
Bottled water was offered if wanted but I understand many guests were leaving the bottles sitting in the sun unused which upset the bar staff & I agree with this as it's a waste.
Breakfast was the only meal I actually ate anything other then chips.

Negatives
To start with I've been to Egypt many many times & stayed in better & also 1 time a worse hotel, so Le royal holiday resort wouldn't be my 1st choice if I return.

Lunch, I found the service in the restaurant, unfriendly, cold & a tad rushed there literally is no nice atmosphere in there at all, the staff all appear stressed & fed up & it was clear to see.
The food that was being offered was cold & off poor quality as well as poor choice, which resulted in chips being an only option.

Dinner once again, I hoped for a Better atmosphere in the restaurant but in actual fact it was just as bad as lunch, more effort could be made with no expense required, even light music, a touch of glam so that guests equally make an effort.
Some nights we was greeted on the door by the entertainment team but this was not consistent so I'm not sure if that's something they have to do. However I think it's a nice touch if they do do it, food in the evening wasn't much better then the lunch time menu, after eating fries every day at lunch, kind of gave up in the evening.

Entertainment team, very disappointing overall, we asked all there names to give a fair review, I believe duff the team leader, was ok, seemed friendly to most, some days he was the only person that we could see working. Ice the young lady was very good, she was friendly & easy to deal with. Kijo, a very nice man & good at his job. jimmy, appears a nice guy but was hardly ever there, not a great senior team leader, lazy & dumped the work onto others. Julia who is Mr Jimmy's girlfriend, did nothing but then I guess that's the perks of having the boss as your boyfriend. Amy, not approachable & felt very uncomfortable whenever she was near.
It was said that she spent most of the time flirting with another animator on stage which resulted in us not wanting our kids in the children's mini disco as it was uncomfortable to watch.
The job of the entertainment team should be to help guests enjoy the daily holiday experience if staying within the hotel. Yet numerous times we was not asked to join in any activities plus if only 1/2 the team work I'm not surprised we didn't get asked. 3 good staff 3 very lazy poor staff. Was disappointed.

Evening entertainment was shocking, no effort or thought was put into it.
Timings are all wrong. Mini disco was ok for time. But then it should be followed by a show. And then followed up with another show or guest entertainment participation, how can everything end so early, leaving guests twiddling there thumbs just past 10pm.
It's appreciated this is a family hotel with small kids however there is also a lot of adults that felt disappointed by nothing else being offered.
Terrace bar with a makeshift bar that you had to Que. for ages for was not our idea of fun. Once again there was music played for 1/2 -1hour or so which was very poor,
PLEASE BAN TITANIC FROM EGYP! So many guests were laughing at the music & how it was so dated & old fashioned let alone depressing. Wasn't impressed with the lack of effort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Darrenhampton1

Dear Darren,

It seems that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas on this occasion. We serve a wide range of food and the temperature of the hot food is regulated according to international standards – perhaps you may have seen our hygiene staff going around the restaurants checking the temperatures of the various dishes with their probes. These are also the same people who check the chemical balance in the pools every day. Bear in mind that we cater for an international market and we have heard even from so-called “fussy eaters” that there is a good enough variety on offer. However, anybody who has any special dietary requirements can always sit with Chef for a chat about what they would like and he can usually help.

I’ll pass your suggestion about background the music to the F&B department for their consideration.

The entertainment is also designed for the international clientele so if it wasn’t your cup of tea I can only apologise and say that we change the acts on a regular basis so there may well be something more to your liking next time.

Thank you for the review and the suggestions and we do hope that you will consider us for your next holiday so that we can improve your experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here, once last July 2013 and 29th-5th June 2014! check in was quick and easy with a refreshing drink whilst waiting, we were in block 17 opposite cin cin bar which was perfect, our room 1702 was a lower room, a family room with separate bedroom with twin beds, and a super king size bed in main room, we could easily nip to get a drink whilst our son was kipping at night. Husband even got a big welcome hug from tiger who works at the aqua bar, who recognised us from last year.
We always order the stomach drug 'antinal' via reception( they charge more if you go pharmacy)which does prevent you getting pharaohs revenge, it cost us 23.00 le ( £2) for two boxes for it to be delivered to reception, we also got some children's paracetamol which cost us 3.00le( 30p)
We usually chilled round the aqua bar during the day as our son played on the slides, there are staff walking around collecting glasses and they will bring you at drink if asked, Ahmed aka tiger works extremely had most of the day on his own, and he's brill sometimes bringing a drink when you have nearly finished!.you can get bottled water from the bars if you ask, or there is a self serve water machine.
I'm quite a fussy eater and even though some days in the food court and cascades wasn't to my liking I always found something to eat!! Breakfast was always good, the egg station will make you all types fried, poached, omelettes. We ordered room service one night as our son was a bit poorly with heat exhaustion and the food was amazing! It was the best meal we had all week I do admit, we both had cheeseburger and fries which was good value for money around £6 each.
Wonderful nights sleep had in the massive comfy beds and pillows. Special mention to Hesham at the cin cin bar made a lovely special cocktail with blue vodka yummy, tiger who works very hard and a chap who worked at the terrace bar( sorry can't remember his name) who kept on bringing us drinks without asking.
We booked a submarine trip one day through diamond geezer and unfortunately we couldn't go due to our son being ill, we saw diamond geezer later that same day and we explained why we couldn't go, presuming we lost our money but he was immediately on the phone and the trip was reorganised for two days later, brilliant!!!! All the staff work extremely hard and very long hours we did tip to show our appreciation, we are late risers so we tipped the towel guys at the aqua park and they always found us some sun beds, otherwise we would have never got sun beds, it is again really annoying that some people reserve beds all day and are never there.

A few bad points but didn't spoil our holiday at all and are minor

Witnessed the glasses being dishwashed for about 10 seconds one day, they were still filthy, not enough glasses at the aqua bar and cin cin bar, a dropped glass on terrace bar one night that no one was clearing up, there were kiddies everywhere so eventually we told reception, it was cleared up sort of but we could still see glass. Drinks in lobby bar are chargeable now and we did have one one day as it was boiling hot outside and the lobby bar is air conditioned and we paid 15.00 le for two drinks, bit costly I think it should be a little cheaper saying that the drink is branded. No cocktail party were you meet the manager at the sky bar this time.

No reflection on the hotel but at times our cousins from the Eastern European region come across as rude and obnoxious not only to the staff but to other guests!!!

Overall we had an amazing time it was brilliant being back, met some lovely people, had a proper chill out lots of rest and relaxation and we will definitely return to le royal holiday resort.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank raleighallen

Dear Guest,

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your second time here and that you’re planning a third. That means we’re getting a lot of things right. We know we’re not perfect yet (who is?) but we know exactly where we are going and how to get there.

Many thanks for your review and we look forward to your next trip here.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just got back from first visit to sharm since troubles.
Wonderful clean hotel .went for birthday and could not recommend it enough.the rooms were lovely and clean .we stayed in large suite very roomy and massive bed.nice cool air com in room.
Lots of slides and several pools for kids but also a nice quiet adult pool.
Food in main restaurant very nice and many helpful and knowledgable staff who could not do enough for you.varied foods available breakfast lunch and dinner.
Also pool restaurant nice food informal menu.
2pool bars and terrace bar all supervised by mohammed(I think that was his name).
Very knowledgable and top man.pool bar lads superb very clean bars..
Sky bar beautiful view not all inclusive shame really views stunning over night time lite gardens.
Only stayed 11 heights wish it was more.
All ready looking to go agin.
Only downside was evening entertainment was bit naff.bloke on electric violin to computer backing track awful woman singer also singing to backing track.kids had amphitheatre adults didn't have a lot.if going to leave a lap top on play let's not have cliff Richard billy Halley .really!!!
Definatlry going back just might have to take an mp3 player.
Top holiday!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms bottom complex nice and roomy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank McBar-paulanddarah

Dear Paul,

Many thanks for the “excellent” review and the “top holiday” comment. I’m sorry you didn’t like the music but it is hard to find a tape that everybody likes, so your tip about bringing your own mp3 player could well be a good one.

It’s also good to know that you are definitely coming back for more of the same so we look forward to seeing you soon.