“Cassidy”

Ranked #34 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Cassidy”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

5✴✴✴✴✴ For accommodation very clean MohAmed.A .hamed was our cleaner top notch happy gezzer kept the room very clean. Ibrahim was No.1 barman at Cin Cin bar. Food was very good plenty of choice, having to pay in the al a cart restaurants wen your all inclusive is crap. Ideal place 4 kids of all ages loads of pools and slides, also sun lounges were very comfy. Service was poor on the main court at night, but all in all a very enjoyable holiday. ✴✴✴✴ I,d give it.

Room Tip: All were very good, family rooms were top notch.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cassidypaul
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you for the review and for choosing Le Royal Holiday Resort for your holiday. I’m delighted that you were impressed with our cleanliness in the rooms and around the resort and you were well served by the barmen. It’s also good to hear that you enjoyed the food.

Even though we are an all-inclusive hotel, in common with most other similar hotels we do offer our guests the option of having a special evening and being served in one of the à la carte restaurants if they wish to do so at extra charge. This is a very common occurrence in Sharm and is usually popular with the guests who like to splash out once or twice during their stay with us. I’m sorry if it didn’t meet with your approval.

However, you gave us a thumbs up for the sunloungers and for “kids of all ages” so we may well see you again.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Went here with daughter husband 2 grandchildren myself and husband. Great hotel . My daughter had E-mailed manager before we went to confirm a few points we heard back immediately . Our room we were given was a suite it was great the best bed ever room 3506 shower was huge it was cleaned every day . Water was left in room every day . The best room we have ever had and we have travelled lots. Staff were all excellent found them all happy service was great. We thought you had to queue up to long in the evening for drinks at the make shift bar on the terrace . The food was good had no complaints at all there was 6 of us . The salads and chicken were very good . Breakfast was excellent .the water park is one of the best this place is great for kids. Staff very good in restaurant always got u drinks even a cup of tea if u ask them . There is a walk way all the way in to Nama bay if u cross the road to hotel apposite it's lovely of an evening . The hotel runs trips to camel market . And Soho good value for money . Entertainment could b better but they try .when we were there u had to b up at 6 to get a bed their is not enough . It got better the second week however the pool guys keep beds for those who tip well this should stop. But had great time so did grandchildren . This is Egypt not the Caribbean so you get what u pay for . The gardens are beautiful well kept.great place .

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Linda C
Dear Linda,

I’m so pleased that all 3 generations of your family had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all the facilities and activities, restaurants and bars. We do intend to improve one or two things that were not totally to your liking but we are still in the planning stage.

Please note that we have plenty of sun loungers in the hotel although it may be possible that the place where you wanted to spend the day may have been occupied. In such cases you can always have a word with the pool boys who will fetch a sun lounger from another part and bring it to you. That is what they are there for.

But overall I can tell you had a great time and I do hope we will see you all again soon.

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I faced the same issues as my Sister Barbara Soliman, with nothing more to say after what she said.
Service: I can’t find enough words to describe, it’s the worst we’ve ever seen, with the exception of the main restaurant staff, the towel guys and the gardeners, everyone else was asking for tips, we’ve never been through this before. The housekeeper, I hope the hotel takes a look into, I cleaned my room daily, if my kids split anything on the floor, he won’t clean and I had to clean myself, also the bathroom was never cleaned during my stay, I had to request daily new towels and bath amenities and water because he never placed, and it would come after making 3-4 calls. What a shame, poor management has led this hotel down.

At the food court (at the aqua park area) the guy making Pizza, said he will make us a special pizza if we tip him (how rude).

When making reservation we have requested check out at 2 p.m. and the reservation has advised that this would be upon availability. The night before our check out we headed to the reception to confirm check out at 2 p.m, after the front office employee took his time over the screen, he confirmed checked out at 2 and asked not to be delayed to avoid any extra charges, and we confirmed we will be on time. On our check out day, when my kids were taking there shower, the front office asked us to check out now, it was 12 noon, and it was the same person who confirmed at night that we may stay until 2, I said how could you be asking us to check out now when you have confirmed our check out at 2 yesterday, I can't check out now my kids are having there shower and we are planning to leave the room within an hour. He very rudly replied that he can’t offer late check out cause he has a group checking in and he has no time to waist to explain any further because he needs to proceed with the check in’s he has and he hanged up (The ruddiest I’ve ever seen). I left the room to call my husband and tell my brother what happened and when we returned back to the rooms, we were not able to enter either our room nor my brother’s room, they've been locked with our luggages still being inside, and we were left waiting for 45 minutes until we raised the issue to the front office manager, I think this incident is enough to blow anyone out of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MinaSoliman
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Mina,

Thank you for writing this review of your recent stay and I am sorry you were inconvenienced in this way. The check-out scenario was clearly not handled very well and I hope you will accept our apologies.

However, we do not have any record of complaints from you regarding the other points during your stay. Very often, any issues which arise can be dealt with very quickly if we are informed about them but if we are not given this information the guests continue to be dissatisfied. If you would kindly email us with the names or descriptions of “everyone” who was asking for tips, the housekeeper who didn’t clean your room and the chef who could make you a special pizza if you tipped him, we will ensure this does not happen again. Our staff are well aware of their responsibilities and I find these accusations very disturbing so your evidence will be essential.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Literally just landed and miss this hotel so much already. Beautiful grounds, fantastic animation - special mention to Amy who was lovely genuinely sweet to talk to on a daily basis, and Keizio, duff and ice were lovely too. Only downfall is that the staff round the pool sometimes took ages to take your drink order and deliver it sometimes they forgot. The beds are so comfy we had a junior suite and the bed was absolutely amazing, the slides were so fun too! We stayed by the relaxing pool which was the middle one and had the same spot the whole 11 nights. The other pool was more livlier with music and activities going on daily. We went for lunch everyday at the food court which served pizza,chips,burgers,pasta etc perfect to grab something quick and then ate in the main restaurant for dinner always found something to eat. I don't believe all the negative reviews people have posted because this hotel has so much potential and ticks all boxes that a 5 star should have. Booking to come back next September. Thankyou to everyone who made our holiday amazing. Xx

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Faye-Emily H
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Faye,

Thank you for the “fantastic” review and the nice comments. You obviously had a wonderful, unforgettable holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back to make some more amazing memories.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Why this is advertised as ALL INCLUSIVE 5 STAR ile never no.....3 restaurants and 3 bars you have to pay to use, why advertise as all inclusive.....the service was shocking to my wife, her food given to men waiting in the que, waiters ignoring her unless i was with her, also witnessed this behaviour towards others. Dirty glasses, waiters having crafty fags then straight back to work without washing their hands, chefs handling food with no gloves, wiping sweat from their foreheads with their hands and still handling food with unwashed bare hands, disgraceful. In the room taps where hanging off the wall, wires sticking out of the wall, unswept floors throughout our stay...dont forget this is meant to be a 5 star hotel!!! We are a family of 4 and during our 2 week stay we only had 3 days where no one was ill, upset stomachs all round which ended up with a visit from the doctor and loads of medicines for us, we def wouldnt use this hotel again.

7 Thank paul s
Dear Paul,

You paint a picture of a hotel that is far removed from Le Royal Holiday Resort. We don’t have any record of complaints such as yours emanating from one room so we can only assume that you did not report any of these issues at the time. If you had done so, they could have been resolved very quickly and efficiently.

Stories of waiters serving men before women are unlikely as all our staff are trained to do almost exactly the opposite and to behave with the utmost respect towards women. How would you know that waiters were ”having crafty fags”? Where did you see this? I would very much like you to email us to provide more information so that we can identify all these people who are breaking hygiene rules right, left and centre.

However, even though this hotel follows all the internationally recognized rules and regulations relating to hygiene and hospitality, I have already passed your comments on to the various department heads for their attention so that they can remind all the staff of their responsibilities.

I am sure we won’t be seeing you again but I thank you for the review.

Addlestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have just returned from a fabulous 7 nights at The Royal Holiday Resort. The Hotel was beautiful and exactly what you see in the brochure pictures. The swimming pools and Aqua park were second to none and very very clean. The food at this hotel was very good with plenty of choice and of high quality and we were very well looked after by our waiters, particularly Khaled Mohamed and Mohamed Said. The staff in general were all excellent, friendly, helpful and prepared to go the extra mile. I can not fault this holiday which was made so easy and enjoyable with the help of our Thomas Cook reps Walid and Sambuk. We will definitely return.

8 Thank Jo C
Dear Jo,

We are delighted to read that you had a wonderful holiday and will definitely return. You clearly enjoyed the facilities and activities along with the service and the food and we will pass your kind words on to the staff you mentioned who will get a big boost from knowing that you remembered their names and recognized their hard work.

Many thanks for the lovely review and we look forward to the next time.

Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I really wanted to love this place and parts of the resort were magnificent. There were so many things that let the hotel down. There were 10 of us in our party (7 adults and 3 children -4 yrs, 2yrs and 1yr) and we all hoped that this would live up to our expectations.

The positives: The accommodation, grounds and pools were amazing. The beds were comfortable, the pools were great fun and clean and the view from our balcony was lovely -we were in 2302, a great location! Our cleaner was fantastic. The air con is great, but a little noisy. The family rooms are great.
My mum and I had a wonderful spa treatment (massage and scrub). Well worth it, but negotiate the price.
The variety of food on offer was great. There were often too many things to choose from.
The transfer from the airport was very quick and the view of the mountains was lovely.

And now for the negatives:
We all ended up with tummy trouble - yes, all 10 of us. The ice was apparently safe, as were the salads. We only drank bottled water (more about this later) and used anti-bacterial wipes and gel every day. It was blamed on the heat, but I'm not so sure. We had ice in our drinks and ate the salads. Perhaps this was our mistake. It really took the shine off our holiday and left us unable to eat or leave our rooms at certain points.

Bearing in mind it was 46°c on one of the days, trying to get a bottle of water was like asking for the moon on a stick. We spent most of our time at the pool by the Cincin pool bar, where the staff were few and the water was scarce. One of the bar staff was sacked midway through the week for being inadequate and the others were still unable to cope when it got busy. I would heartily recommended buying an extra 500 glasses for the bar. This would solve the issue of the glasses constantly running out. I saw one barman put a tray of glasses in the dishwasher and then interrupt the program to take it out 3 minutes later (due to a glass shortage) and then serve more drinks in them. Not hygienic at all. Nor is rinsing the ice-scoop under the tap and the putting ice in the glasses with it. No wonder people were getting ill.

The toilets of the main lobby were often filthy and clearly showed that others were suffering from tummy trouble.

My boyfriend and I celebrated our anniversary at the hotel by going up to the Sky Bar for cocktails. We couldn't order 3 of the cocktails we wanted because they had no cranberry juice, or the correct spirits. 6 drinks cost us over £40, which seemed excessive, but we were celebrating our anniversary, so just let it go.

I knew it wouldn't be 5 star, but it has put us off ever returning to Egypt.

Needless to say, we won't be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Block 23 has a great view and a central location.
5 Thank Miss_Major35
Dear Miss Major,

It is clear that we fell short of meeting your expectations in several areas and we apologise for this. We did go through a period of staff shortages which had a detrimental effect on services in certain parts of the hotel. We have since employed a new F&B manager as well as an assistant for him along with a number of experienced staff to bolster the existing numbers.

Water should not have been a problem as we offer it in various places and if one outlet should happen to run out there is always another not very far away. It is peculiar indeed that all 10 of you had upset tummies. However, we should point out that there is a huge difference between an upset tummy which just means that you need to stay near the bathroom and food poisoning that is crippling and painful in the extreme. An upset tummy can be simply the result of changing one’s diet or drinking ice-cold drinks after being in the sun all day and it does appear that you and your group are the only ones to go down with it. Perhaps you went out for an evening…

We have passed you various comments on to the departments concerned for their attention and I am sure they will put measures in place where appropriate.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we hope you enjoy your future holidays wherever they may be.

Kind regards,