“fantastic holiday”

Ranked #34 of 230 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Just back from a fantastic 2 weeks. Weather has been extremely hot... so keep that in mind.
welcomed to hotel, by a cold drink, which was lovely, and then given the keys to our rooms, while the suitcases followed within 10 minutes.

rooms are of lovely size, we had 2 rooms, as there were 6 of us, we has a massive shower while the inlaws has a shower/ bath which was great. Rooms cleaned every day, and fresh towels given.

sun beds were a problem, but we managed to get 5 every day by 6.00 no problem, if u have a problem getting any, see the pool guys, that is one reason why they r there for, they will help you. Just be polite in asking them.

bar staff were brill, yes, u had to wait at times for a drink, but they work their socks off, and I think they did a fantastic job, always served with a smile and a laugh, 100 per cent for them, fantastic staff, again, people need to be patience, especially in the heat that the bar people need to work.
slides were fab, our 2 children loved them, and again the staff were excellect and always happy.
food was good, maybe not 5 star, but always a good choice, and always found something to eat. Burgers pizzas pasta, chips.. if u do go to eat in main restaurant, try to be there 7.00 or u may find u will have to queue for food, we never had this problem. We did a snorkling boat trip, which was fantastic, and def. A must. See yousef around the pool area, he was a gem. Always had time for you, and laugh and joke. We were glad we booked this trip with him, and was very cheap. There are a lot of happy staff around the pool, but yousef stood out, as he alwsys had time to talk, while getting his job done, and we r glsd we bookec with him, as he is a lot cheaper than booking with tour operator, stop him, and have a chat. The sea is fantastic, and coral is out of this world, I am glad we booked this trip with yousef. Mosquitos, seemed to love me, I had loads of bites, but if you buy the off spray, they will leave u alone. Pools were always kept clean, always someone around making sure everything was clean.
Be careful around pool area, it can be slippery...... beach was lovely, what more can I say, I would def. Recommend this hotel... just remember, we british people need to wait at times to be served In restaurants, happens all the time, so dont get angry, if u need to wait a bit when you come to this hotel, its life, and happens everywhere. No hotel is 100 perfect. Would def return to this hotel. Fantastic...... coi

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank michelle s
Ayman S, General Manager at Le Royal Holiday Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for this “fantastic” review and I’m delighted you all had such a good time. The staff here do work hard and try to get things done really quickly to avoid keeping people waiting so thank you also for the supportive words on these topics.

It has been our pleasure to host you on this occasion and we hope to do so again in the near future.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just returned from one week holiday and have to say the hotel is beautiful from beginning to end. The grounds are quiet and peaceful/ check in was speedy and efficient and the rooms are clean and spacious with the best beds in Egypt, and Moustafa our room attendant does wonderful towel art.
The pool area was clean, welcoming and had very comfy sunbeds so no problems there. We had food in Cascade and were very impressed with the choices and quality of food both at breakfast and evening meals.
All the hotel staff were very friendly, courteous and nothing was too much trouble. However, one person did stand out from the crowd and that was Ibrihim, new manager at Cascade and I think new to Le Royale. He was a mine of useful information and helped us find a taxi driver we could trust and who was reliable and would not overcharge. He did give us invaluable help with regard to finding a pharmacy and if all that was not enough pointed us in the right direction with regard to eating out in Old Sharm (Masrien and Fares) and whilst we were in Old Sharm we saw a beautiful mosque that was being built, I feel when it is finished it will be spectacular and we will definately return to check on its progress.

All in all we had a very special holiday and be returning for a longer holiday next time, but would like to say a very big thank you to all Le Royal Staff for their efforts.

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious but we really liked our quiet room
3 Thank Emily B
Dear Emily,

It has been our pleasure and privilege to host you here at Le Royal Holiday Resort and we thank you sincerely for the warm review. I will pass your compliments on to those you mentioned and we all look forward to seeing you again soon when you come back to see the progress on our beautiful new mosque in the old market.

north yorkshire
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Le Royal in Sharm for 2weeks from 7th August.There were 8adults and 3children and we all had a great time,The hotel is spotlessly clean and the pools are amazing and clean.
Me and my daughter had connecting rooms 2705/2704 and I must mention our cleaner Moustafa was fantastic he cleaned our rooms every day to a high standard so please pass this on to him if read by management.
Also another great member of staff was the restaurant manager Tarek nothing was too much trouble for him.
This was my 8th time to Sharm staying at various hotels and would return to Le Royal.
They do need to invest in sunbeds because we all took it in turns to get up early to get some sunbeds everyday but I'm not moaning about it,
Fab weather,Fab hotel,Fab holiday,sad to be back home

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank mcguinnessamcg
Dear Guest,

The sunbeds are on order and they will be here as soon as possible so I’m sorry you had to set the alarm clock every morning. However, we are looking into ways to avoid all this.

It’s great to hear that after so many visits to Sharm in so many hotels you would be happy to return to Le Royal Holiday Resort and we will be only too pleased to welcome you back whenever you’re ready.

Thank you for the lovely review and we hope to see you again soon.

sheffield
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have just returned from this hotel after a 2 week stay. I do not tend to complain about a lot but this hotel is not the best by a long way there is no where to have a drink at night in the cool unless you pay to have a drink in the lobby bar. if you are in the rooms at the top of the resort its a good 15mins to walk to dinner. it says no sunbed reservations but people put towels on bed at 10.30 the night before spoke to the rep and Hotel reception several time totally ignored one night I took 15 towels of sunbeds returned them to reception said how easy was that to do .The food some times you had to queue to get in as the dinning room is to small for the amount of people don't mind queuing but not outside in the heat for 20 mins .The food is ok but is very limited in choice the best night was the Mexican night With fajitas and tacos we ate early 19.30 my Daughter ate later 20.30 and there where no fajitas left they had run out . the al acarte restaurant you had to pay for so it was not used some nights it was shut .The mini bar you had to pay for other Hotels we have stayed in All inclusive restock every 1or2 days free .But has a lot to offer the Slides are fantastic. The staff 98%are all friendly it is kept clean. Entertainment We only saw the snake charmer in the amphitheatre did not go in again \the was heat to much

2 Thank blade6
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for choosing this hotel. We realize that we have fallen short of your expectations and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. The bar and restaurant situation is being looked at with a view to improving the guests’ experience and the same is true with the reservation of sunbeds.

However I get the impression that you thought the hotel had a lot of good points and I do hope that these compensated in some small way for the other negative points.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have been waiting to go on our holiday since we booked it last year and then the hotel was in the top 10 hotels in sharm since then it has plummeted to 32 which was a concern to which we even spoke to our tour operator to voice our concerns and thought about changing hotels and we are so glad we didn't

Rooms
We stayed in 2307 which was a family room very spacious which was kept clean daily by our hardworking cleaner Hamed towels changed daily water is provided but mini bar is chargeable

Pools
The one downside is if you want a sunbed in a decent part of the park ie if you have kids and wAnt to be by the kids pool you do have to get up between 5:30 and 6:00am which isn't ideal but you get used to it
The water slides are the best we've been on and the pool attendants are wonderful with a nice sense of humour there are approximately 14 slides at the resort with around 8 swimming pools located around the resort

I'm a very fussy eater you know the type I cut the fat off my bacon and don't eat fat
The food was lovely and very surprising how much choice there was they have themed nights like Indian try the chicken tikka masala wonderful they have a Italian Mexican English Egyptian and Russian nights too which means it's not to repetitive all in all no complaints and the staff are very friendly and very efficient look out for Alfie he will look after you just a little tip if there's a queue just get a couple of drinks and wait for the queue to go down

Trips
We booked the snorkelling tour £25 each with lunch and was a excellent trip and the quad bike mountain trek which was £15 each if you book two trips ask for discount we saved £20 booking the two together we booked the trips with Luna sports who are alway around the pool Thomas cook cost twice as much

Overall
We would definitely recommend this resort to anyone as it's a wonderful hotel which deserves in my opinion to be in the top 10 don't be put off by any negative reviews as you know holidays are what you make of it yourselves plus the kids will love it as well as the adults
Another little tip if you have a late flight you can keep room on till 6pm for £30 which is well worth it

If you do choose this hotel you won't be disappointed

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank John F
Dear John,

Thanks for the great recommendation and the review and I’m so pleased you all enjoyed yourselves here. They say that if the kids are happy then the parents are happy and we have a great Aqua Park here that will keep the kids entertained for hours.

I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed the food and the service and generally speaking it looks like you’ll be back and we look forward to making a fuss of you again in the not-too-distant future.

coventry
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Le Royal, the Hotel itself its lovely but the management is poor and there are not enough staff to cope with the demand of all the guests. There are not enough sunbeds and you have to get up about 5:00am if you want a sunbed or "pay" one of the pool attendants who can always mange to find free sunbeds for the right price. I complained to both the Thomas Cook Rep and Guest Relations Manager about several issues but they never managed to resolve my issues and didnt pass on my concerns to Management. I decided to write a formal letter of complaint to the Manager and it took him 5 days to arrange a meeting with me ( day before we were coming home) he was very apologeitc and said he was unaware of my issues until he received my letter, he did ask what he could to make our holiday better but it was too little too late. Overall a very disappointing experience for me and my family and we will not be returning to this hotel.

4 Thank Jackiiedawn
Dear Jackie,

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your experience here and that it took too long to arrange the meeting and by the time we did, it was too late.

Normally speaking these issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently by Guest Relations but it seems that did drop the ball in this instance so please accept our apologies.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Never written a review but having read so many bad things about this hotel I felt the need to comment - having booked my holiday before reading the reviews I was extremely concerned I'd made a huge mistake. Had a fantastic time...yes with a few simple improvements this hotel could be described as perfect however, do not be put off by the negative comments - they are obviously being made by people who like to complain about everything.

• Stayed August 2014
10 Thank lindyloopy
Dear Lindy,

Thank you for the supportive review. We are working hard to deal with the negative points but there is still a huge number of great things about Le Royal Holiday Resort and we are making good progress so your review is very much appreciated.

I’m really pleased you had a fantastic time and we hope to see you gain soon.