“Thanks for your expert tuition, fun and giving me the patience and time for truly amazing novice free diving experience”

Only One Apnea Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Huge thanks to the people and experiences that I had learning to free dive for the very first time with Only One Apnea Center ( right next to the Diving Centre in the Domina Coral Bay Hotel ) I am only a novice still but the experience was absolutely exhilarating and has blown me away; having lessons with the inspirational teachers that are Marco and Gus. I felt totally safe at all times and had serious fun, using breathing techniques; I discovered more about my body and wow being silently immersed in the blue sea of the Domina Coral Bay was truly fantastic. I have with Only One Apnea Centers help; begun to learn a completely new activity that I want in my life; I can’t wait to return to continue learning. Thanks to Chiara @ Only One Apnea Center for putting together some pictures of my free diving lessons that I now have on my desktop @ work! They are my inspiration to work harder to return...
THANKYOU TO ALL for being so friendly and accommodating and most of all for giving me such a fantastic holiday! See you in May
PS You need to book as they do get busy at times ... Tuition is mainly done 1 - 1 and is really reasonably priced... Super cool and awesome experiences....

3  Thank Gill l
OnlyOneApnea, Proprietario at Only One Apnea Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

thank you very much Gill for your nice words... not sure we really deserve them all!!! ahahahahahahah... we are so happy that you enjoyied your holiday with us, congratulations for your nice and many progress...well done!!! we hope you'll spend a nice time back at home and we really looking forward to see you next year! don't forget to contact us for any questions opr suggestions on your homeworks!!!!
enjoy the blue and dive safe!!!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

During September 2013 we had the pleasure to spend one week at Onlyone Apneacenter in Domina Coral Bay. Marco and his super professional team did an amazing job to develop our freediving skills to the next level. Beside the water training we focused a lot on dry skills as well as yoga and stretching. THANK YOU for this fantastic week ! Looking forward to see you again soon!

1  Thank DFAStuttgart
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We had a great week at Only One, with excellent, highly professional freediving and yoga training as well as a lot of fun with the kind & friendly team and on scooter and speed boat trips. Thanks for the really cool time with you guys ! We'll for sure visit you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I attended the SSI stage 1 course from 19 August and was very impressed with the content and quality of tuition.

Gus is a first class trainer and I can't recommend him highly enough. Before I arrived I could dive to 15m with a breath hold of around 45 seconds. By the end of the first day this increased to nearly 3 minutes - something I would not have thought possible.

By the end of the course I am comfortable diving to 25m but the emphasis of the course is technique - not depth. Gus wouldn't even tell me the maximum depths I reached as this wasn't the purpose of the course. Learning the techniques the depth came naturally and without effort, comfirmed when back at the reef at my hotel with my old depth gauge!

To be honest I was sceptical about the relaxation breathing side if things before I started - it all sounded a bit "new age" for me. Once I'm in the water however successful breathing and relaxation make a MASSIVE difference to the feeling of comfort during the immersion and significantly longer dives as a result.

I added a speedboat excursion to the trip which was excellent value. Some of the participants just snorkeled with the aid of the buoy while Gus showed me some excellent cave swim-throughs so if you're taking a partner they don't have to feel left out.

Sorry if this sounds a bit like a commercial but I was so impressed with the overall experience I am moved to write my first trupadvisor review. I can't wait to return later in the year.

Thanks for the training Gus, Marco for the encouragement and Kiara for answering a million emails before I came out!

1  Thank John K
Reviewed 23 August 2013

When I was on vocation at Sharm at this summer I decided to try freediving. I think that Red Sea it is the best place for it and Only One Apnoe Centre it is the best training center on the all sea coast at Egypt. I took 6 private lessons with Gus, I didn't any experience of freediving before, but it was really easy to work with Gus. He is an excellent trainer who helped me to receive awesome experience. It was a great pleasure to work with such a great professional and very nice person. Marco thank for wise advise, Kiara thank for hospitality and help with organization of my adventure.

It was fantastic experience! I want to say "Thank you!" one more time because it was the best summer adventure in my life!

Only One Apnoe Center are friendly team of professionals, hope to visit them and Red sea again!

1  Thank Yolkka