Spent a week in the Savoy Sharm in January. Weather was lovely. We reckon about 23 - 25 degrees with clear sun apart from one day.
First the hotel. Mostly very good. Staff were excellent, very courteous and helpful for the most part. Hotel room was top class, facilities on site excellent. Great swimming pool, lovely private beach. Everything was spotlessly clean. Dive centre on site excellent. good equipment, excellent safety and organisation and very reasonable rates. (First rate dive leader in Bebo!) Restaurants were reasonable but I wouldn't feel that the food was top notch - mixed bag really. We were on a B & B basis and I would recommend that this is the best way to go. While the breakfasts were very good, in January a lot of the house restaurants were closed so the variety was not great. We had discounts of 25% in all of the restaurants in Soho Sq. This is an area directly outside the hotel which has quite a few bars and restaurants. Not really to our taste - found it a bit too bright and 'manufactured'. It is also 25 mins from Nama Bay, which seems to me to offer significantly more variety and interest. While the hotel had a shuttle bus to Nama Bay it only ran twice a day, with the last bus back to the hotel at 5pm. They really need to improve this service. So overall the hotel is very good but sharks Bay is limited in varirty and is outside the main Sharm area.. The only complaint was that the internet link was down for 2 days and we were told by the Business Centre that the main cable was cut and there was nothing they could do. We subsequently found that the dive centre on the grounds of the hotel had access via USB. When I inquired at the Business Centre they suddenly discovered that they could do that also! When they suggested that I pay for the service (I had already paid for an internet card at the business which I couldn't use), I was less than happy. However, they did sort the issue and dropped any payment from the bill. Not 5* service.
If you are into diving then the Red Sea is the place to go. The arrangements for all day boat dives from the hotel are very good. Note that if you want to dive the Thistlegorm they only go on Thursdays so watch which flights you use.
If I were to go to Sharm again I would go to Nama Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh