We booked this hotel on a recommendation based on it being next to Savoy square with its many restaurants, bars and amenities. As this was a last minute booking to get away for the New Year and some winter sun we were looking to stay in the same place with lots around, it therefore fitted the bill perfectly. On arrival at the airport we were met by the hotels courtesy private car (pre booked) and within fifteen minutes of leaving the airport were checked through reception and being guided to our room. Our room (Garden View) was about as far away as you could be but was no more than a five to seven minutes walk from reception, the pool or the square. I suspect the pool or sea view rooms would be closer. The room itself was very spacious though the lighting was VERY poor, the en-suite was relatively cramped with no bath (which may be relevant for children). Its rated as five star and whilst I would agree with that rating for the hotel itself, the room though is not, that does not mean the room was bad, far from it, just an observation.
The very reasonable published prices included breakfast. To go all inclusive (S Class) it was a further £70 pp which on the face of sounds expensive but was, for us, actually superb value for money. The restaurants are truly excepentional with L'Entrecote, Hot Rocks (Both steak), Rosmarinos (Italian) & Seafood Island being the pick of the bunch. There must be a dozen restaurants to choose from and we did'nt try them all. Lunch at Seafood Island is very special, its got a great outlook as well as excellent Lobster (with a minimal surcharge) and Grilled Prawns. We didn't try all the restaurants but did try three of the Asian ones Zen, Mai Thai & the pick of the them, Eest.
The inclusive drinks were an excellent range with most of the brands you'd expect available with the package. Included wine was Egyptian, i'm a bit of a wine snob, but it was actually very drinkable. If you are not all inclusive and go for an international wine expect to pay about £60 a bottle, and at that price it makes good sense to go all inc. If you intend not to go all inc check out the prices as it is not cheap, meal with wine around £40 ahead, spirit with mixer about £7, so similar to London prices.
On a negative, My daughter is 16 so happy to sit and wait for service which can be very slow, if I had a young family this would have been a significant problem, but if like us your meal is the main event of the evening you wont be disappointed.
There were also numerous other things included in the S Class package like, Spa session, Tennis, Ice-Skating, Laundry, etc, most of which we didn’t use.
I got the impression the hotel was relatively quiet as we didn’t struggle to find loungers by the pool or beach even late morning. It seemed that mainly Russians congregated at the beach and the Brits by the pool (that was my impression), On a negative the Bar service on the beach was poor, it was very slow and the staff did not reflect the high quality of those in the rest of the hotel, we only spent the first day on the beach, maybe we just had a bad experience.
In summary we will book again, what better recommendation can there be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh