I find it difficult to review this hotel without repeating much of what's already been said. It really is a fantastic hotel with an addedl unusual twist. Firstly and most importantly, you must book S class (all inclusive). This entitles to eat in any one of the 5 restaurants in the hotel and 13 restaurants in Soho Square (owned by and part of the Savoy Htl complex). The restaurants are superb with excellent food and service, its like a special night out every day of the week. The L'Entrecote restaurant, fantastic steaks with smoked salmon, king prawn or crab cake starters as an example. Bombay restaurant, excellent Indian food. It would take to long to sing the merits of them all but you have Chinese, Eest (Asian), Luxor, (Egyptian), Mai Thia, (Thia) Chino, (Lebanese), Rosmarino, (Italian), Teppanyaki (Japanese) Sushi, Seafood, and much more.
We particularly liked L'Entrcote and had returned visits. Although we didn't try the Teppanyaki everyone we spoke to who visited it raved about it as did those who tried the Italian. Finally a special mention about the Hot Rock restaurant , A hot lava slab is placed on the table where you cook your own choice of meats or fish, excellent experience set in a wonderful ambience.
Now the hotel, spotlessly clean throughout, rooms, public area's toilets and I don't think I've come across swimming pools that were so clean.. Bedrooms are spacious with huge balconies, patio doors leading onto an area containing 2 lounge chairs plus a settee (cane furniture type) then a large archway leading out to a small balcony. bathrooms are a good size although I suspect will be subject to a refurbishment programme over the next couple of years. 3 main pools, the largest is a 'walk in' family pool with a depth from 0-1.4m. The second 1.5m deep but much quieter and the third (and smallest) 1.8m but nearly all adults and a very quiet and relaxing area. Sun beds are plentiful and comfortable with the pool staff very quickly getting to know your preferred area and will have beds and towels ready for you in the morning. We used to arrive around 9am every morning and were treated with an Ice bucket contains water plus a couple of cans of coke (I requested one on the first day and hey presto !) My wife enjoys a coffee around 11am, our pool guy Kareem, would come to us and ask 'Would Madam like her coffee now'. Around midday, they come round with Iced face towels, a welcome & refreshing touch (it was around 40oC) and mid afternoon a small platter of chilled mixed fruit.
Now to the staff, all are excellent with a clear culture throughout of "the customer is paramount".
They have a very strict training programme with our pool attendant having 2 half day courses during our 10 day stay. All are excellent but I must mention in particular Mohhammed Ibraheem (Kareem) a rather shy timid person but couldn't do enough for us, brilliant, I will look forward to meeting him again on our return (yes, planning our visit in Jan next year) as with 'Pakly' the towel guy that greats you with a smile so wide it makes the pool look small and a set of teeth that reminds me of the caricatures of Barak Obama. Get to know those guys, they make your stay so much more pleasant. They are a credit to the hotel. I can't emphasise enough just how good the staff are at looking after their Guests, amongst the best in 40 years of holidays.
This was not just a holiday but also a wonderful experience, so much, we've cancelled 3 weeks in Tenerife (January) to book a return visit to the Savoy. And that from a couple that always said 'never go back, always try somewhere new', and from us, that's the ultimate recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh