“Fantastic, Fantastic,Fantastic”

Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #16 of 231 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Absolutely brilliant Hotel:

1: service is brilliant even a small tip to the immensely hard working staff brings out great results.
2: Food is superb but the al a carte restaurants are something else. Hot Rock is still great 3 years after we were last here.
3: You can eat in Soho square, get a wrap, cup of tea or beer at numerous different vendors all included in the Al inclusive package.
4: the weather is perfect sun and a slight breeze.
5: transfers are around 10 minutes max.

I wanted a break no hassle sun some nice food and relaxing maybe go use the gym once or twice, this hotel has all that. For a sun holiday with a great bar in the Safari Bar it doesn't get better than this. I went in March and the weather was great the pools were warm so heading there in July, August i imagine it would be superb.

Having spent the last decade or so having holidays from Europe to Mauritius and Bali i'd say this Hotel is the best for Sun and good food.

thanks.

Room Tip: Some rooms classed as sea views although technically correct are stretching that term to the max. Ch...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mikespilligan01
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased you enjoyed your holiday with us and will certainly return. Thank you for choosing the Savoy and for the positive feedback concerning our staff and the quality of service.

The S-Class all-inclusive is probably the best plan in Egypt in that you have so many eating and drinking options during your stay as well as a free massage, laundry, bowling and ice skating. And then quality of the restaurants would rival many a top London establishment.

It has been wonderful hosting you and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not-too-distant future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

After reading all the good reviews of this hotel I thought it could not be that good but it is. Have been to sharm 3 times previously we have now found our favourite hotel. I must say thanks to Barkly and nemo the pool and beach attendants for all the help they gave us and making the holiday special. We stayed S class and enjoyed lots of fantastic meals and pre-dinner cocktails. This is the best all inclusive hotel in the world and we will be back before the end of the year.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JAB69

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your very nice review and your recommendation. It’s lovely to hear that you really enjoyed your 1st time with us and plan to return soon.

We are also very pleased to know that you particularly enjoyed your experience of our unique S-Class Concept. According to our S-Class formula, we provide our guests with a wide variety of dining options in 14 different à la carte restaurants. At Soho Square, everybody enjoys a high standard of recreational facilities, including a variety of international entertainment and hassle-free shopping in one safe, managed resort. As we aim for a relaxing stay, we do provide a free massage session, bowling alley, billiards, and tennis and Ice-skating access.

In addition, we are very happy to learn that the service which you experienced from our staff met or even exceeded your expectations; we are fortunate and very proud of the commitment from our staff. I shall pass your kind words on to them.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to seeing you again for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are just about to return home from our 10 day stay at the Savoy.
This was our first visit.
Food - FABULOUS - the best EVER offer we have experienced ....the S Class is fantastic value for money.
Room - good - we are in 6201.
You do get the noise from evening entertainment, which takes part practically next to the balcony.
I quite enjoyed watching it from my room - it's a low key childrens entertainment/karaoke/giant cartoon screen.
Pool - was good - but main pool has been drained due to essential maintenance work (I booked hotel and flight seperate - hotel through fleetway travel - and didn't know about it prior to travel - we found out from other guests)
Occupancy/guests - we arrived on 3 May and the hotel seemed to be struggling with a very high occupancy. Staff really seemed under pressure.
I would guess that during our visit the guests are majority Russian (probably 70%) and about half of those guests have small children.
Beach - poor ....it's small - very very busy - it appeared lively and we couldn't see any sunbeds available......we are normally beach people - but chose the pool after visiting the beach for three days and seeing how noisy and crowded it was.
The snorkeling and jetties are good though (just walk down to snorkel then we escaped back to the pool).
Restaurants - all brilliant - our favourite was the Indian.
But - Italian was good.
The gala night with entertainment was very enjoyable.
Hot rock nice novelty -
THE FOOD WAS five star EVERYWHERE.
THE STAFF were five star EVERYWHERE.
Perhaps because of how busy and noisy and small the beach was - therefore choosing the pool - I struggled with the amount of families/poorly behaved (in my opinion) children and "some adults".
I would recommend that perhaps once the pool is done - that the deep pool is dedicated to an adult only pool - to enable those guests who choose not to holiday with small children to have a little peace.
I have celebrated my birthday whilst here - Youseff our housekeeping - placed balloons and a banner in the room.
FIVE STAR birthday celebration
Conclusion - EXCELLENT staff and food and s class
AVERAGE - pool offering
AVERAGE POOR - beach.
I will certainly keep my eye on any offers to return -
Go - enjoy - be aware it can be VERY busy with small children/famalies and during our stay it hasn't ALWAYS been possible to find peace and quiet.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dsuzman
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay at the SAVOY Hotel and your very nice comment on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have gladly shared your nice feedback with our team. Such comments are very motivating and encouraging.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to the SAVOY Hotel.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

just returned from our second visit to the Savoy. A lot busier than our previous visit in Dec but still a very good holiday. a slow check in and wait for room was a minor event. The hotel staff all helpful and pleasant despite more pressure. the food was of a very good quality. Had the S class again which is a very good deal and only needed to carry dollars for well deserved tips. mr smiley man worked tirelessly on the beach keeping it clean and tidy and the waiters did a great job. the restaurants on Soho square were all run very efficiently with we'll cooked meals. All told a great hotel to which we will return and can recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnheap
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Guest ,

We are so pleased that we met or even surpassed your expectations for 02nd visit and that you had “excellent again”

You have written such a detailed and comprehensive review extolling the virtues of all the staff you met and all the facilities that you enjoyed here at the Savoy. We do try hard and it’s wonderful when the staff get the recognition they deserve.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Our 4th time at the Savoy and it was just as enjoyable. Staff were so attentive and run the restaurants like a well oiled machine.
We will be returning in September and looking forward to it as we know we will receive a warm welcome and will be well looked after.
If anyone has doubts about the safety of Sharm be well assured it is perfectly safe and secure.
Julie and Peter

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest ,

We are so pleased that we met or even surpassed your expectations for 04th visit and that you had “Another superb holiday”.

As you found out for yourself, there is absolutely no need to be apprehensive or anxious about coming to Sharm El Sheikh. The unrest that Egypt has experienced in recent times has not been anywhere near Sharm and we have a lot of security here to look after the tourism industry which is so necessary for Egypt’s recovery, but you will hardly notice it.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and we look forward to seeing you again in September for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great Hotel but had a disappointing Stay!
My 4th time @ Savoy Sharm hotel and it was a big disappointment this time.
I was given room no. 6017 which had BED BUGS!!! On our first day we discovered that but since it was late at night we had requested to change rooms and we were shifted to room no. 2017.
To our surprise, the air conditioning was not working in the other room and so they took almost 3 hours to fix that problem!!!
Since we had almost wasted our day shifting to the other room, we had asked for compensation but they had nothing to offer and simply gave us an answer that we will try and give you next time you plan to stay with us. (Which is a surely question mark if we really want to go back or not!!!)
Regarding food and service we had no complaints at all!
ROOMS ARE A LITTLE OUT DATED AND NEEDS MAINTANANCE!
I am a Savoy Club Member and I really wish that they could improve their standards so we plan our trip once again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mustoffee

Dear Reviewer,

We welcome all reviews from our repeater guests and are happy to respond to them openly on this forum. Also we are delighted that you liked our resort with all F&B facilities and services.

As for Bedbugs, they cannot be in our hotel and there is not any evidence of bed bugs in the room. Since we have a contract with Pest Control company to avoid any problem with mousse, flies, mosquitoes etc. Your bed did not have bed bugs, in spite of no one since opening has complained.

Every experienced travellers will most probably be aware of the fact that bed bug are imported from one country to another country, from one city to another city! and from 1 hotel to the other. Bed bugs are commonly transported within luggage, allowing them to spread anywhere humans settle. As a worldwide respected Savoy business we have more than 95% reviews with 5 and 4-stars and none of them have reported any bed bugs infestation and such a negative!

You comment of out dated room, unfortunately you do not give your room number and we have no way of checking that particular room but all our rooms are very spacious and furnished to the highest degree. Italian marble, sycamore hardwood furniture, luxurious décor and amazing coloured fabrics, huge shaded and semi-shaded balconies or terraces, branded comfortable beds and chairs, LED TV connected to guest link service, 25sq m living area with 14sq m bathroom all with high quality imported accessories. No expense was spared in the designing and furnishing of these rooms. They evoke style and class and I’m sorry that you didn’t appreciate them.

Nevertheless, we do hope that you will return to us for a holiday in order to indulge you once again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Returned from our second visit to the Savoy early this morning and I have got to say we had the most lovely time. We knew what to expect, so we were totally relaxed as soon as we arrived which was much needed. Last time we were here was in December 2012 and we have moved house, jobs and had various issues since our last visit and it was the only place we could think would fit the bill was the Savoy, our last visit was beyond perfect!! so... high expectations indeed. Fleetway Travel who we booked with for a second time were excellent again, transfers were seamless and they team up with Spring Tours at Sharm who are just great.
Again, as my last review, I would simply not book without S Class All Inclusive, it just surpasses any all inclusive package I have ever experienced. MOST things are included but as my room bill is fresh in my mind, our closing bill was 40 USD and I had the lobster tail for starter one evening at a supplement and I really love 7*Metaxa brandy and I had one every night for the whole stay as a nightcap and my husband had some premium whiskeys, I also and our bill was negligible considering eating in the Savoy is like going out for a 5 course top class meal every single night (and lunch if you want to). My tummy actually hurts from all the food we have eaten!! I find it difficult to describe really but the best I can do is to tell you if you were going out for a special occasion and were picking a place to take your whole family for a meal, most of the restaurants in the Savoy and Soho Square would impress and there is something for everyone.
You meet some great people in the Savoy, we did this time as well as last time and I always ask, where is your favourite place to eat, now the general consensus is that the Italian (inside the Savoy) and The Indian (in Soho Square) are the preferences. The Italian is just sublime, you can just have a few hours in there, ask for a seat outside in the courtyard or overlooking the pool if you can and just sit and enjoy the food, service and music. Most nights we were there this week there was live music and it was fab, order some Irish coffees after dinner and the Tiramisu then I expect a helpful vote!!!!!. The indian is my favourite in Savoy square, its not as much of an occasion as the Italian but the depth of flavour of the food is just exquisite, service is just as good as in the Savoy. Hot Rocks is still amazing, the Steak House in Soho square is very good and if you want some "proper chips" it will fill a void!!
Now, I do have some nagging negatives this time, if you read my last review, I'd pretty much died and gone to Savoy heaven however, I was annoyed towards the end of this holiday. Firstly, we arrived on the Sunday evening and for the first 3/4 days it was good old Savoy Sharm, then a large intake of Russian guests arrived. Now, I completely take on board that I am a stickler for manners and a little bit uptight about it but, I respect the staff round the pool and in the restaurants for being just excellent, in fact to their credit, most of them remembered us from our last visit. They are just brilliant and I think I mentioned them on my last review. Now to see them treated with utter contempt, shouted at and demeaned, well i'm not to into that. They dealt with the rudeness with elegance and patience, however it makes my blood boil!! This is not a fault of the hotel and they dealt with the increased demands very well and opened up unused areas and even a different kitchen at lunch at the fish restaurant to deal, very good in my opinion. Also I am reliably informed by another guest who has been 8 times that if your avoid April and May, you avoid this issue!!
Next problem, there were not enough sunbeds round the pool/beach for every guest and on our penultimate day we had nowhere to sit, now this really annoyed me, they said it was because it was very busy.....OK you knew this put more beds out!!!! For the establishment that the Savoy presents itself as, I DO NOT expect to have to scramble for sunbeds EVER thats why I book a hotel that costs so much to stay for a week. So much so, I felt that I needed to reserve a bed the next day myself by getting up extra early i.e 6am. This is despite tipping the pool attendant every day which usually guarantees you the same beds every day if you want them. So on the day before we left, we had to sit in the room which really upset me.
Next issue was late checkout, we are Savoy club members and had triple the amount of points we needed for a 6pm checkout but they said no at first as they were fully booked we had to make a fuss which again is not aligned with the class and service of the Savoy brand. Now, I must admit that they did move us to another room but it took a good 2 hours away from the end of our weeks stay sorting it out, making a fuss with reception and then actually moving.
Just be aware, they tell you to come back 48 hours before you leave and then the day before at 10am, wasting your holiday time only to be told no!!. IF I go again, I am going to sort this out on check in, no questions, I didn't mind paying as if we have a later flight this is an important part of our holiday so it is simply something we expect to pay for.
Next and final moan is that S Class ends at 3pm so if you have a late flight you will have to pay for all drinks etc after this time. Again, I asked that we pay/use our Savoy points to extend and it was again a no. To extend for 3 HOURS, they wanted us to pay for an extra room for the night plus the S Class upgrade cost. This was about 500 USD.
If I can sum up this visit, it was just great, however, I felt undervalued as a return customer and the understated class that the Savoy usually exudes was just not there.
In conclusion, I arrived thinking I would never book anywhere else and have come away thinking, OK what else is there out there in Sharm :( Any specific questions drop me a message :)

Room Tip: Lots of steps with the higher rooms! We have stayed in 1109 and 2210 and they were excellent views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ladycatherinehay
SAVOYHotelmanagement, General Manager at Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We would like to express our sincerer appreciation for taking the time in publishing your very nice detailed review on your recent holiday at Savoy Hotel. It’s our pleasure, that you enjoyed our resort with its facilities and that we exceed your expectations. We appreciate your comments, and we will defiantly take them into consideration

We are also very pleased to know that you particularly enjoyed your experience of our S-Class Concept, which is a unique concept in the destination. According to our S-Class formula, we provide our guests with a wide variety of dining options in 14 different à la carte restaurants. At Soho Square, everybody enjoys a high standard of recreational facilities, including a variety of international entertainment and hassle-free shopping in one safe, managed resort. As we aim for a relaxing stay, we do provide a free massage session, bowling alley, billiards, and tennis and Ice-skating access

Normal check-out time is 12 midday. This allows the housekeeping department just 2 hours to get all those rooms ready for the check-ins at 2pm. You were able to hold on to your room until 2pm free of charge. In times of reduced occupancy, we sometimes close a wing to allow deep cleaning and this can often mean that we really do use only a minimal number of rooms and we have to turn them around quickly on the day. It is common practice in hotels worldwide. It is not a stunt.

According to the terms and conditions as laid out in the leaflet that you would have received upon check-in, the all-inclusive finishes 15 minutes before the required check-out time (12 midday). So in fact this was extended especially for you to 3pm without charge. This is also explained on the leaflet and is standard practice throughout Egypt and, as far as we know, elsewhere in all-inclusive hotels. I do sympathise if you were not aware of this and I hope it didn’t spoil the last day of you holiday.

The hotel recreation staff are always supporting the needs of our guest and providing them with the necessarily sun beds around the pool. It is needles to say we don’t make a reservation for a specific spot; all the guests are extended equal service.