Just returned from our 3rd visit in less than 12 months because we have simply fallen in love with this hotel. If you read several reviews, they all echo the same information...that this is simply a fantastic hotel.
Why ?, because it has, without doubt, the best hotel staff in Sharm el Sheik. Every member of staff will go out of their way to ensure you have the very best stay possible. Every morning you're greeted with a huge smile and a 'good morning' whether it be the restaurant or by the pool or beach.
Why ? Because you have a choice of some 15 themed restaurants that serve food of the highest quality. Indian/Italian/Chinese/Asian/Japanese/ French/Egyptian/Thia/Mediterranean plus many more and not forgetting the "Hot Rock" where you cook your own meat on a hot lava slab. A novel experience and one set in a wonderfully soft ambience. The system is, you decide where you wish to dine that evening, book the restaurant for the time of your choice and simply turn up. Smart long trousers with closed shoes for men sets the standard in the restaurants and echoes the standard throughout the hotel. Quality quality quality.... It's no wonder that almost everyone you talk too have stayed at this hotel several times. One couple we met stayed 8 times last year but 4/5 times is the norm and you can understand why.
The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout. The 3 swimming pools are amongst the cleanest I've seen and have sunbeds always available, even when the hotel is running at 98% occupancy which it has been since early April (that must tell you something). I would suggest the hotel mix runs at app 50% Brits 35% Russian and a mixture of the remainder but no sign of Germans or yanks ( which may please some).
Be sure to go S class ( all inclusive) to get the most from this hotel. Enjoy premium brand drinks in the Safari bar watching Eid produce some great cocktails prior to your evening meal, return later for a nightcap, brandy/coffee/ baileys, yes, proper Baileys and not a cheap substitute.
Begin your next day by the pool/sea with an ice bucket with bottled water placed on your table. Pool staff will constantly check to see if you require any further drinks/service. You're presented with ice cold face towels around midday and don't be surprised to be offered to clean your sunglasses.
Take lunch at the 'Seafood' restaurant, enjoying lobster/prawns/fish, even pizzas with a simply fantastic view out across the Red Sea.
Hotel facilities include one of the best Spa/Gym facilities I've come across and certainly the best 'stress massage' my wife and I have ever had (massage included in S class package) along with bowling, ice skating in Soho square plus complimentary laundry, fully stacked mini bar in your room (lagers and soft drinks only).
I could go on & on about the merits of this hotel but simply say, 'if you want to experience a holiday like no other" then book the Savoy.
Finally a special mention to Zak (Zakaria Moris) who worked tirelessly to ensure our day at the pool was 'special' and to Nadiya Lesyuk, Senior Guest Relations, who went out of her way to ensure our stay was simply the best, even ensuring that we were allocated our preferred room. This girl is a diamond and contributes hugely to the Outstanding reputation this hotel justifiably has. We have booked again for feb 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savoy Sharm El Sheikh is located near Ras Mohammed National Park inside SOHO SQUARE, the 5-star hotel offers 136 sea view rooms, 55 pool view rooms, 161 garden view rooms, 46 triple rooms, 2 special care rooms, 13 diplomatic suites, and 1 presidential suite. The hotel also features a private beach, 5 swimming pools 3 adult pools (2 heated in winter time) and 2 children's pools (1 heated in winter time) , 5 Bars (1 pool Bar) , and 6 restaurants Savoy hotel offers different types of meal plans that ensures you trying everything starting from the hotel’s main restaurant to Soho Square different restaurants and cuisines; standard Bed and breakfast, half board, full board, S-Class (ultra all-inclusive concept) , and half and full board dine around option (which SOHO Square restaurants as well) Diving or at least snorkeling with a PADI approved dive school on the beach. In the hotel we can find tennis, squash and beach volleyball courts as well as a modern gym facility . Sauna and Jacuzzis, as well as a range of beauty and spa treatments. Each room features adjustable air conditioning, WiFi access, mini-bar, en suite bathroom and hairdryer, and a private terrace overlooking our gardens , pools, or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Splitty, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh